Originally Posted by Kiyaman
My BIG Beef with President/Coach Isiah Thomas is 5 coaches in 4 years and giving-up expiring contracts for "Individual Talent Players" that can not form a Team. When those expiring contracts could have been used better by alot of people in this Forum.
Being a Knick-Fan for 35 years I actually thought Laydumb 4 years was the worst. But Isiah is the worst! Even with all the great draft picks Isiah made Knicks does not make him better than Laydumb. Laydumb gave Isiah 6 expiring contracts in his first season and half as the Knicks G.M., and all 14 players contract expired before Isiah reached his 4th season as the Knicks G.M..

1) Marbury
2) Crawford
3) Q.Richardson
4) Zach
5) Curry

The above Five-Players NBA career showed they are "Individual Talanted Players" inwhich will be the Knicks 5-Starters in the 2007-8 season.
Q.Richardson has shown the best improvement of playing Team-ball after being coached by Larry Brown for a season. Marbury & Crawford has shown a little change however, all three players still have that "One on One" tendency that are not fully deleted from their talent & skillz. The Knicks coaching staff has a Big Job on their hands at the start of Training-Camp.
If the Knicks cant get into the swing of WINNING 5 to 7 games straight in a couple of runs this season to become a TEAM, and the best they could do is just WIN 3 straight once or twice this season then the Knicks are just an "Individual Talented" group of guys who beat poor teams or injured teams for the win.

<table border="1" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="624"><tbody><tr><td valign="center">Enough with the jacking of shots in 1-1 play. Distribute the damn ball but do it properly!

Marbury dribbles up and then stands there looking around before passing to a player who is fully covered and cant do anything with it.

Crawford does a few AND1 moves and either jacks a terrible shot or whips the ball at a teammate who is covered and then cant do anything with it.

Neither of these guys know what it means to catch a defense off balance, then hit the OPEN player. Neither knows how to run a motion offense. We're doomed to be a plodding halfcourt team.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

The Five-Players above are "Individual Talent" that does not form a Team. However they are on my Favorite Team I been a Fan of for 35 years.
What piss me off the most about Marbury & Crawford is that they will dribble the shot clock down to 6 to 4 seconds left and then pass the ball to a teammate that is fully covered. or pass the ball to a non-offensive player like Malik Rose or Jared Jefferies with the shotclock down to 4 or 3 seconds (something Parker or Arenas would never do) and the Knick Coach would never take them out of the game for being so stupid.
That is not just bad decision-making that is very immature for a veteran guard to do in the NBA.
I would rather the (so-call) imature Nate Robinson or second-season Marty Collins on the court than Marbury or Crawford if they dont put Team first this season.

P.S. Ex-Knick Allan Houston hated when Marbury did that to him, and Marbury never got reprimanded by coach Lenny Wilkens for doing this repeatedly.
Zeke has made the talent on the roster much better. His issue is having the proper leadership to mold it. Chaney, Wilkins were both jokes. Brown was the marquee name, but not the right fit. Clearly (league record for dif starting lineups was ridiculous)

Far as team players, I have to again disagree. Marbury is branded selfish because he is always the best player on his team. Meaning he takes all the criticism when things fail. And usually had to shoulder the scoring load. Everyone forgets when he played with good talent (phx) he helped them win 53 games. No one was calling him selfish Steph then. And for the life of me... can someone super intelligent ( Metro the best poster on Knicksonline.com maybe ) Tell me how a man who avg 20 and 8 his whole career just about can be labeled selfish? 8 dimes a year would be a career year for most pg's in the league, Steph does this year in and out off the bus. Does anyone remember that ultra talented team he played on in NJ? On top of that, he more than any other player on the team last year sacrificed his game for the betterment of the team. And it kills me even more as a Knick fan being that it's Walt Clyde and Steph 1 and 2 in Knick history at pg. And it's not even close. Fans act like we have this great pg heritage to gauge Steph's play on lol... NY'ers. But this is an opinion forum.

Q-rich has always been a good team guy, even with the Clips, but especially phx. Then he comes here and has to change his game around, and does without an issue. Possibly our best all around player besides Steph. Again, opinion forum.

Zach was a one man gang in Portland and they were garbage for years, so he will unfairly get the ballhogging, selfish teammate label simply for being the crown jewel of a franchise devoid of such. Though, not one coach ever calls him a selfish teammate during practice, and say he works harder than anyone. Even in Portland. It's personal baggage that scares most. But we are talking ON THE FLOOR, correct? I say give him a shot here before we gauge his play somewhere in a diff system. Opinion forum.

Curry needed the most improvement last year, and made the most on the team. By far. Can't call him an individual or team player based off of one pretty good season. He looked like a first year player from college a lot last year. Bad out of double teams, rare hustle on d and lacked fire on the boards for a man his size. But ran the floor well, took on the role of being "the go to guy* for the first time in his career. If he improves on the defensive end, sky is the limit for this team. But I would at best have a wait and see for him. He is the most important player on the team. Opinion forum.

Crawford is the biggest enigma. If he plays how he did from dec on all season, he will be a flat out star. Finally learned to harness the and1 mentality and play within the system. You are going off of his career worth of blunders. But life in all walks is what have you done lately. Last we saw him, he was playing very, very well. And within the team game. But who knows with him. I'm personally an optimist by nature. Plus it's my team, so I hope his play was from becoming level headed, and not some fluke. Jury is out on Him, Curry and Zach.

Opinion forum.