Originally Posted by Kiyaman
David Lee is the Best BIGMAN on the Knicks Roster!
As a Team-Player or a co-existing teammate yes, Lee is a chemistry player.

We are talking about a "TEAM-Player"! Not a Individual Player.
Players that help their teammates talents better.
David Lee happen to be the best Complimentary Teammate on the Knicks roster last season.

Last season watching the Knicks play you seen NO-Chemistry amongst players. Why?
Because two "Individual Talented" players (Curry & Marbury) got the majority of playingtime so the rest of the Knicks roster had to play along to their song.
Zach Randolph is a career "Individual Talented" player, thats why Portland gave us him in June.

If Curry & Marbury had no chemistry last season, what makes anyone think by adding Zach Randolph another player that want to take the most shots on his team will want to decrease his best scoring season by sharing the ball every game so another teammate can claim his scoring fame.

The Knicks need Team-Players this season that will "CO-EXIST" with their teammates on both ends of the court to make the Post Season games in this Eastern Conference. Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Nets, Boston, Toronto, Orlando, Miami.
Marbury....not a team player?? Why do you think his scoring average dropped from his career averages the past two years? It's not because of his health and I'm glad you finally defined the word "best" with the meaning you were using because I thought you meant as in talent, putting fear in the opposition, and requiring large amounts of defensive attention. And I agree with you, he probably is one of our better team players. But everyone on this team is trying their best to become team players. You have to remember Curry didn't go to college so the true team aspect of his game is going to develop later than everyone else. He can't go through his entire career and not know how to throw a pass out of the double. Let's be realistic here...he's going to learn. Its a matter of "when" not "if". Curry I agree with you with...he's a bit of a individual player because of his lack of ability to pass out of the double. But that doesn't mean he's selfish. The combination of him trying to step up becoming the #1 option in the offense and the lack of experience being double team is why you think he's an individual player. His game WILL develop...he has proved his critics wrong in that aspect. But yes David Lee is one of our best team players...as in making the plays no one else wants to make, rebounds, and being unselfish (even though he lacks offensive skills). But why don't we give credit to balkman also? He's basically David Lee in a SF's body. Plus he can play better defense...man to man and help D. He gets in the passing lane more and he is also a big finisher on the break. So if Lee is one of the "best" players on this team...then balkman can't be too far around the corner...