Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 51 of 51

Thread: In Fairness to Last Season

  1. #46
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    David Lee is the Best BIGMAN on the Knicks Roster!
    As a Team-Player or a co-existing teammate yes, Lee is a chemistry player.

    We are talking about a "TEAM-Player"! Not a Individual Player.
    Players that help their teammates talents better.
    David Lee happen to be the best Complimentary Teammate on the Knicks roster last season.

    Last season watching the Knicks play you seen NO-Chemistry amongst players. Why?
    Because two "Individual Talented" players (Curry & Marbury) got the majority of playingtime so the rest of the Knicks roster had to play along to their song.
    Zach Randolph is a career "Individual Talented" player, thats why Portland gave us him in June.

    If Curry & Marbury had no chemistry last season, what makes anyone think by adding Zach Randolph another player that want to take the most shots on his team will want to decrease his best scoring season by sharing the ball every game so another teammate can claim his scoring fame.

    The Knicks need Team-Players this season that will "CO-EXIST" with their teammates on both ends of the court to make the Post Season games in this Eastern Conference. Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Nets, Boston, Toronto, Orlando, Miami.
    lol...dude on my ignore list got owned. I wouldn't be surprise if he starts crying @ Kiyaman.

    But with what you said Kiyaman, I wonder how long it will take Isiah to realize overloading individual talented NBA players won't bring success.

    Being younger and more talented doesn't mean the team gets better. Theres much more to the NBA game than that.

  2. #47
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    lol...dude on my ignore list got owned. I wouldn't be surprise if he starts crying @ Kiyaman.

    But with what you said Kiyaman, I wonder how long it will take Isiah to realize overloading individual talented NBA players won't bring success.

    Being younger and more talented doesn't mean the team gets better. Theres much more to the NBA game than that.
    Actually the team does get better with more talent and younger players....wtf? talent isnt just offense ya kno....if we had a bruce bowen type player who is 19.....would you still say that? if every1 played excellent defense, would you still say that? talent runs this league....look at lebron....dude is talented....and look at cleveland. i see where u guys r comming form with the individual talent, but dont say that randolph is a part of that...cuz really he's not....Zach is a team guy.

  3. #48
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    David Lee is the Best BIGMAN on the Knicks Roster!
    As a Team-Player or a co-existing teammate yes, Lee is a chemistry player.

    We are talking about a "TEAM-Player"! Not a Individual Player.
    Players that help their teammates talents better.
    David Lee happen to be the best Complimentary Teammate on the Knicks roster last season.

    Last season watching the Knicks play you seen NO-Chemistry amongst players. Why?
    Because two "Individual Talented" players (Curry & Marbury) got the majority of playingtime so the rest of the Knicks roster had to play along to their song.
    Zach Randolph is a career "Individual Talented" player, thats why Portland gave us him in June.

    If Curry & Marbury had no chemistry last season, what makes anyone think by adding Zach Randolph another player that want to take the most shots on his team will want to decrease his best scoring season by sharing the ball every game so another teammate can claim his scoring fame.

    The Knicks need Team-Players this season that will "CO-EXIST" with their teammates on both ends of the court to make the Post Season games in this Eastern Conference. Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Nets, Boston, Toronto, Orlando, Miami.
    Marbury....not a team player?? Why do you think his scoring average dropped from his career averages the past two years? It's not because of his health and I'm glad you finally defined the word "best" with the meaning you were using because I thought you meant as in talent, putting fear in the opposition, and requiring large amounts of defensive attention. And I agree with you, he probably is one of our better team players. But everyone on this team is trying their best to become team players. You have to remember Curry didn't go to college so the true team aspect of his game is going to develop later than everyone else. He can't go through his entire career and not know how to throw a pass out of the double. Let's be realistic here...he's going to learn. Its a matter of "when" not "if". Curry I agree with you with...he's a bit of a individual player because of his lack of ability to pass out of the double. But that doesn't mean he's selfish. The combination of him trying to step up becoming the #1 option in the offense and the lack of experience being double team is why you think he's an individual player. His game WILL develop...he has proved his critics wrong in that aspect. But yes David Lee is one of our best team players...as in making the plays no one else wants to make, rebounds, and being unselfish (even though he lacks offensive skills). But why don't we give credit to balkman also? He's basically David Lee in a SF's body. Plus he can play better defense...man to man and help D. He gets in the passing lane more and he is also a big finisher on the break. So if Lee is one of the "best" players on this team...then balkman can't be too far around the corner...

  4. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,967
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Toons
    Actually the team does get better with more talent and younger players....wtf? talent isnt just offense ya kno....if we had a bruce bowen type player who is 19.....would you still say that? if every1 played excellent defense, would you still say that? talent runs this league....look at lebron....dude is talented....and look at cleveland. i see where u guys r comming form with the individual talent, but dont say that randolph is a part of that...cuz really he's not....Zach is a team guy.

    Toons, I know you did not make a comment that Lebron James is an "Individual Talented" player?
    Lebron is an overall all-around player that average 4-assist, 6-rebounds, 1.5-steals, and 4-fouls per game.

  5. #50
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,967
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    When all is through with this ridiculous Court Case that is putting Isiah Thomas, Stephon Marbury, and James Dolan all on Front Street.
    The Knicks have to get back to their Bread & Butter entertainment bussiness (NBA Basketball).
    Will David Stern hit James Dolan with an outstanding Fine for the two consecutive offseason court cases involving Coach Larry Brown, and now President of Operation Isiah Thomas?

    Will the Knicks take care of the two things that been holding them back from making the Post Season Games? to insure some peoples Jobs.

    1) Having a 48 minute Offensive & Defensive Bigman on the court that can rebound.

    There are 48 minutes in each game, and I do not believe that the Curry & Zach tandem will be used together exclusively.
    Not to say anything bad about Eddy Curry adjustment last season but anything over 28 minutes slowed Curry down on both ends of the court in the regular season games. And the same could be said about Zach Randolph performance in Portland.
    The Knicks only need one BIGMAN scoring threat on the court for 48 minutes per game. Having Curry & Zach gives this Knick Team a 48 minute Low-Post threat whether its Curry & Zach, or Curry & Lee, or Zach & Lee, or Zach & Balkman, or Lee & Balkman.
    Jefferies is the only player that scares me the most in a Knick rotation because he is a big liability in rebounds & scoring a layup.
    But the biggest thing that alot of B-Ball Fans and Sports Writers dont see happening anytime in Zach Randolph first season with the Knicks is the Chemistry on both ends of the court with Zach & Curry alongside each other the majority of the game, plus having PG-Marbury leading that show.
    The Curry & Zach Tandem is Best for the 2008-9 season (not this season!).

    2) Having a 48 minute Offensive & Defensive Backcourt Tandem that gets teammates involved in the game.

    The Syracuse product 6.8 Demetris Nichols is automatically SG-Jamar Crawford backup.
    If Isiah Thomas is to blind to see that than he deserves another losing season.
    Demetris Nichols overall talent and skillz could be used at the SG-Position with the Knicks Starters if Crawford get into early foul trouble, and with the bench players alongside of Nate, Balkman, and David Lee as a threat on both ends of the court.
    Just because Nichols is a rookie means nothing when your team is in dieing need for his type of talent and skillz in the rotation. It has nothing to do with Nichols being better than Chandler, Morris, or second season Collins. It is about forfilling a desperate need at the SG-Position that neither Crawford or Q.Richardson talents can forfill.

    Out of all the new additions to the Knicks this offseason, Demetris Nichols talents and position is the most needed on this Knick Team to forfill its biggest weakness in the rotation (area).

  6. #51
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    Actually the team does get better with more talent and younger players....wtf? talent isnt just offense ya kno....if we had a bruce bowen type player who is 19.....would you still say that? if every1 played excellent defense, would you still say that? talent runs this league....look at lebron....dude is talented....and look at cleveland. i see where u guys r comming form with the individual talent, but dont say that randolph is a part of that...cuz really he's not....Zach is a team guy.
    We don't become automatically successful with more talent, wrong. Overloading on "pontetial/talent" players who have a track record of being cancers and losers isn't a good recipe for success. Isiah has proven this in the last 3 years.

    IF??? eww. Bruce Bowen is Bruce Bowen because of his experience. There is no 19 year old Bruce Bowen, 19 year olds don't play all NBA defense. Once again, "if" is proven to be weak.

    Lebron isn't ONE THING, theres other factors to why he's a top 3 NBA player. Talent and potential are just words. Experience, performance and work have much value in determining how much a player will contribute to a team.


    lol, Kiyaman said skillz.

Similar Threads

  1. End of Season Grades
    By GetRealistic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Apr 17, 2007, 21:50
  2. A realistic discussion on the Knicks.
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Apr 16, 2007, 16:44
  3. could this be the reason for such a sh*tty season???
    By sxmarbury516 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 15, 2006, 17:06
  4. Tank the season in. Tank it ASAP.
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 26, 2005, 08:58
  5. New NBA Divisions for 2004-05 Season
    By JJtheKnick in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Aug 18, 2004, 18:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •