Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: In Fairness to Last Season

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,909
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo In Fairness to Last Season

    Why is Isiah Thomas logic about the performance of David Lee so negative?

    What did Frye do in his rookie season so appealing to Isiah that David Lee did not do last season to make Isiah put Frye in the Starting lineup? what must David Lee do to get into the Starting lineup?

    I say this because of Isiah Thomas "Decision Making" last season. Every NBA Coach wished they had a Guard Lineup of Marbury, Francis, and Crawford, with a fast push the ball up court 3 point shooter in Nate Robinson.
    There was no reason at all that Marbury & Francis should have been on the court at the sametime in the first half of the season. They should have been each others backup.

    The samething goes with Eddy Curry and Channing Frye, every NBA Coach would've LUV to have Frye backingup Curry in their rotation.
    Under Coach Larry Brown it was recognized that Curry & Frye had the same Big-Man Game, only thing differ was one had an inside game and the other had an outside game. But both played the Center Positions the same from the baseline to the paint (Conflict of interest together).
    And the same exact thing with "Marbury & Francis" but a BIGGER "Conflict of interest" on whom is the better (Franchise) PG. "I am the BEST PG in the NBA!" this challenge still lives on in the NBA (oponents and teammates).

    Having Curry & Frye backup each other, and having Marbury & Francis backup each other would have been a great rotation of players on this Knick Team. But the Icing on the Cake was at SF with Q.Richardson & Balkman backing each other up (both added defense & Rebounding).

    The two Players that was supposed to LOG in the majority of playingtime last season was David Lee and Jamal Crawford (They were the Leading Rebounder and the Leading Scorer). Their was no way that Marbury or Curry should've lead this Knick Team in minutes played if Frye & Francis was their Backups (all four players would have had to play defense).

    Last season the Knicks were an above .500 team with two Centers (Curry & Frye), two SF-(Q.Rich & Balkman), and two PG-(Marbury & Francis).
    Coach Isiah had an easy task last season by just matching the three positions above and Running with them all season long untill the MESHING process took affect in midseason. Marbury, Q.Rich, and Curry "VS" Francis, Balkman, and Frye.
    These were SIX players that would be needed in the rotation in the Post Season games.

    Throughout the regular season last year the Knicks had PF-Malik Rose & David Lee with some spearing peremeter defensive minutes for Jared Jefferies.
    The Knicks had SG-Nate & Crawford with some spearing peremeter defense minutes for Jared Jefferies.

    Injuries last season was not the reason why the Knicks did not have an above .500 season it was Head Coach Isiah Thomas "SAVE-FACE" poor decision making coaching. Which lead to an entire season without any chemistry minstered to high contract player$ that are hard to trade.

    The perfomance of Q.Richardson, David Lee, and Jamal Crawford last season should not have been put as 2nd Fiddle to anyone on the Knick Roster they were the best TRIO on the team.

    Will Head Coach Isiah Thomas put on his coaching cap this 2007-8 season and start out fresh his second season coaching this Knick Team with an 8-Man rotation that Click together for 3-quarters to WIN, so the other teammates could get some garbage playingtime here and there?

  2. #2
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Francis and Frye were bums and I'm glad there both gone. Francis was a very expencive sub don't ya think and Frye will never be a bigman in this leage because of his lack of fire and desire(thank clyde for that) he is and always will be to soft. I'm not sure if Isiah is the right coach for the Knicks but he does pretty well in the office and draft room.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,909
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo Weighing-IN on Curry & Zach

    Isiah Thomas Last Chance Season!

    Isiah Thomas added more Low Post scoring by adding 6.9 PF-Zach Randolph alongside of 6.11 C-Eddy Curry in the 2007-8 season.

    Isiah Thomas is expecting his Top Bigman Assistant Coach Mark Aquire to turn the Curry & Zach Tandem into a mean force in the paint.
    The best way to "Weigh-In" the production of Curry & Zach together on the court is to make them assemble to the BEST Bigman that ever played the NBA Game at Center/Power Foward "Olyjuwan".
    Was Olyjuwan 6.9 or 8 feet tall?

    Let us Weigh-In the complete-talent of Player Olyjuwan Frontcourt presence to what we expect Assistant Coach Mark Aquire to inplant in the performance of the Tandem Curry & Zach.

    Let's get one thing straight, Olyjuwan talent in Houston University College was so outstanding that when he applied for the draft in 1984, Patrick Ewing had WON the 1984 NCAA Championship Title for Georgetown. But everyone knew that Olyjuwan was going to be the First pick in the 1984 draft, over Ewing, Boo, Jordan, and Barkley.
    So Patrick Ewing stayed in College untill the 1985 draft.

    Olyjuwan was a Center/PF that let all NBA Bigmen have their way in the paint on defense or offense for the first 3 quarters of every game.
    When the 4th quarter came "Olyjuwan" shut down every NBA BIGMAN in the league from Lew Alcindor (Kareem Abdul Jabbar), to the Admiral David Robinson, Patrick Ewing, to Big-Bad SHAQ.

    Olyjuwan NBA career proved that he was the BEST Bigman Rebounder, Scorer, Defender, Shotblocker, and Passer, for an entire decade.

    If any of the Bigmen in the NBA league today, could match-up to just 2 or 3 of the things that Olyjuwan brought to the game each night they are on their way to become an ALL-Star...

  4. #4
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Why is Isiah Thomas logic about the performance of David Lee so negative?

    What did Frye do in his rookie season so appealing to Isiah that David Lee did not do last season to make Isiah put Frye in the Starting lineup? what must David Lee do to get into the Starting lineup?

    I say this because of Isiah Thomas "Decision Making" last season. Every NBA Coach wished they had a Guard Lineup of Marbury, Francis, and Crawford, with a fast push the ball up court 3 point shooter in Nate Robinson.
    There was no reason at all that Marbury & Francis should have been on the court at the sametime in the first half of the season. They should have been each others backup.

    The samething goes with Eddy Curry and Channing Frye, every NBA Coach would've LUV to have Frye backingup Curry in their rotation.
    Under Coach Larry Brown it was recognized that Curry & Frye had the same Big-Man Game, only thing differ was one had an inside game and the other had an outside game. But both played the Center Positions the same from the baseline to the paint (Conflict of interest together).
    And the same exact thing with "Marbury & Francis" but a BIGGER "Conflict of interest" on whom is the better (Franchise) PG. "I am the BEST PG in the NBA!" this challenge still lives on in the NBA (oponents and teammates).

    Having Curry & Frye backup each other, and having Marbury & Francis backup each other would have been a great rotation of players on this Knick Team. But the Icing on the Cake was at SF with Q.Richardson & Balkman backing each other up (both added defense & Rebounding).

    The two Players that was supposed to LOG in the majority of playingtime last season was David Lee and Jamal Crawford (They were the Leading Rebounder and the Leading Scorer). Their was no way that Marbury or Curry should've lead this Knick Team in minutes played if Frye & Francis was their Backups (all four players would have had to play defense).

    Last season the Knicks were an above .500 team with two Centers (Curry & Frye), two SF-(Q.Rich & Balkman), and two PG-(Marbury & Francis).
    Coach Isiah had an easy task last season by just matching the three positions above and Running with them all season long untill the MESHING process took affect in midseason. Marbury, Q.Rich, and Curry "VS" Francis, Balkman, and Frye.
    These were SIX players that would be needed in the rotation in the Post Season games.

    Throughout the regular season last year the Knicks had PF-Malik Rose & David Lee with some spearing peremeter defensive minutes for Jared Jefferies.
    The Knicks had SG-Nate & Crawford with some spearing peremeter defense minutes for Jared Jefferies.

    Injuries last season was not the reason why the Knicks did not have an above .500 season it was Head Coach Isiah Thomas "SAVE-FACE" poor decision making coaching. Which lead to an entire season without any chemistry minstered to high contract player$ that are hard to trade.

    The perfomance of Q.Richardson, David Lee, and Jamal Crawford last season should not have been put as 2nd Fiddle to anyone on the Knick Roster they were the best TRIO on the team.

    Will Head Coach Isiah Thomas put on his coaching cap this 2007-8 season and start out fresh his second season coaching this Knick Team with an 8-Man rotation that Click together for 3-quarters to WIN, so the other teammates could get some garbage playingtime here and there?


    This video here gives me proof to say that your false biased opinions are indeed false. Listen to what he has to say at the end of the video and maybe you too can see the light. And the "save face" theory has to stop...the pessimistic "save face" theory changes every week. ooh he blamed it on injuries, ooh he blamed it on team chemistry...these things happened and you can't deny them. He's not blaming anything on anyone or any event he is just simply stating the truth. If you can't see that then you truly are lost.

    And do you realize what you just said...you just said Patrick Ewing stayed an extra year in college because "everyone knew" that Olajuwon was going to be picked. Wrong assumption...two reasons John Thompson was the most fatherly figure in his life and he wanted to win him another championship. I read the biography of John Thompson so my opinion is pretty credible.

    And hakeem wasn't the best at any of those except shot blocking. Patrick Ewing can put the ball in the hoop better than hakeem. Hakeem was just great at alot of aspects of the game. Hakeem is in the top 5 greatest of all-time but I can't rule him #1. Wilt and Shaq I'm sure will have something to say about that...

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,909
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Sorry! 1 and only, that is Isiah talking in the offseason.
    So nothing is false or biased. Now you could put my comments under the Blame-Game for a 33-49 season.
    Plus, It seems you never listen to Isiah after every game, especially any of the 49 Loses.

    David Lee Performance became a Fan-Favorite last season, not an Isiah Thomas Favorite. The Knicks only had 3 PF (Malik, Frye, and Lee) last season on their roster. And every Knick-Fan knew who was the best out of the three after the first 15 games last season. How many games did David Lee Start?

    Isiah Thomas had to "SAVE-FACE" last season after a 23-59 previous season of Public humiliation from ($50 million) Coach Larry Brown.
    Coach Zeke had to run practically every offensive play to Eddy Curry to prove his giving up two first round picks (1 unprotected) was worth it. Plus the trading of Penny & Davis final season contracts being extented for Jalen & Frances which did not work out. If not "Save-Face" what would you call it?

    Like I said before, " EVERYONE knew that Olyjuwan was going to be the first pick in the 1984 draft.". Rookie of the year 7.2 Ralph Sampson Houston Rockets had the first pick. Olyjuwan played "Twin-Towers" in Houston College.

  6. #6
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Why is Isiah Thomas logic about the performance of David Lee so negative?

    What did Frye do in his rookie season so appealing to Isiah that David Lee did not do last season to make Isiah put Frye in the Starting lineup? what must David Lee do to get into the Starting lineup?
    u put lee in da starting line up, the bench has a whole new look then, the knicks bench is full of energy thanks to david lee, balkman and nate, imagine frye coming off the bench wit dat soft attitude, isiah is doing the right thing by having lee off the bench plus why break something that is working??and its not like lee didnt get starting minutes and wasnt there when it counted...stop bashing isiah

  7. #7
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Sorry! 1 and only, that is Isiah talking in the offseason.
    So nothing is false or biased. Now you could put my comments under the Blame-Game for a 33-49 season.
    Plus, It seems you never listen to Isiah after every game, especially any of the 49 Loses.

    David Lee Performance became a Fan-Favorite last season, not an Isiah Thomas Favorite. The Knicks only had 3 PF (Malik, Frye, and Lee) last season on their roster. And every Knick-Fan knew who was the best out of the three after the first 15 games last season. How many games did David Lee Start?

    Isiah Thomas had to "SAVE-FACE" last season after a 23-59 previous season of Public humiliation from ($50 million) Coach Larry Brown.
    Coach Zeke had to run practically every offensive play to Eddy Curry to prove his giving up two first round picks (1 unprotected) was worth it. Plus the trading of Penny & Davis final season contracts being extented for Jalen & Frances which did not work out. If not "Save-Face" what would you call it?

    Like I said before, " EVERYONE knew that Olyjuwan was going to be the first pick in the 1984 draft.". Rookie of the year 7.2 Ralph Sampson Houston Rockets had the first pick. Olyjuwan played "Twin-Towers" in Houston College.
    Once again the Datruth speaks the truth again...had to get that out of the way early....


    This "save face" plan is bogus. You need to quit with that excuse. Your telling me that Isiah would sacrifice a W by not playing his best players but instead of playing the players that he brought in?! Come on now, I know you're smarter than that, don't step down to the other pessimistic's level. Use your senses and not your emotion. That's the difference...ya'll are mad for the lack of wins in the past couple of years and want blood. Yet the pessimistics never see the improvements, the good. They only see the bad and I'm sick of the negativity. If any one is saving face its you and the other pessimistics who's putting Isiah down for outrageous conspiracy theories without facts. I can't argue your point if you don't have facts to back it up man, it's just that simple.

    And everyone might have know hakeem was going to be number 1 pick that year but that's because Pat was staying. If he was go into the same draft then no...no one would have a clue who was going to be number 1. You can't deny the hoya destroya...you just can't. The defensive phenom out of G-Town...you crazy?! Teams were losing on purpose just to draft him and you're saying Hakeem was the sure pick? Nope...you're wrong on that one...

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Kiyaman, Manu Ginobilli was a sixth man off the bench for most of the regular season for the Spurs. Spurs fans love him, but does that mean that he wasn't a Greg Poppovich favorite? The third leading scorer on the Suns, Leandro Barbosa, started 18 games last season. That doesn't mean that D'Antoni didn't utilize him.

    David Lee had a special role on this team, and we saw him flourish with a double-double average. In fact, I think we're getting a little pretentious about this whole "starting role" thing, because Lee ended up averaging more minutes than Channing Frye.

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Why is Isiah Thomas logic about the performance of David Lee so negative?

    What did Frye do in his rookie season so appealing to Isiah that David Lee did not do last season to make Isiah put Frye in the Starting lineup? what must David Lee do to get into the Starting lineup?
    It isn't negative at all. When a player finds his niche, do you risk it by putting him in a different situation? Coming off of the bench is a unique situation because, in an ideal situation, you have a different mentality in a sense that you know why you're coming in and you know what to do. David Lee delivered in that role effectively and consistently. And guess what? He ended up playing more minutes per game.

    Channing Frye was actually voted to the All-Rookie First team. And this was recognition from the League, not biased Knicks fans. We saw what he could do his rookie season, he had a nice jumper, adequate FT percentage, athleticism, and shot blocking potential. He just never developed that confidence, and that's unfortunate. With a guy like him next to Eddy, you'd ideally expect a Tyson Chandler-like role, grabbing boards and an athletic weakside defensive presence. Add the fact that he showed some mid-range game during his rookie season, and how can you say that he couldn't have complemented Curry's game?

    David Lee could possibly become a starter one day. But right now, he has a nice role that he defined for himself last season and I think Isiah will continue to give him the minutes that he needs to be effective. Who knows? Maybe Isiah will be able to experiment at one point during the season and have Randolph be a scorer off the bench and Lee start. As of right now though, I think we should all welcome the challenge that these players face in trying to earn their minutes. With that being said, Zach Randolph will probably be our starter opening night.

    David Lee is a fan favorite, but should we consider him a finished product? Absolutely not. I'd still like to see a consistent mid-range jumper and there's always room for improvement on defense (this goes for everyone else too). He is one of my favorite Knicks, and he's only entering his 3rd season. Just talking about his makes me look forward to the season even more.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,909
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    What did Frye do in his rookie season so appealing to Isiah that David Lee did not do last season to make Isiah put Frye in the Starting lineup? what must David Lee do to get into the Starting lineup?
    Channing Frye had a great Rookie season because the majority of his playingtime in the frontcourt was alongside of C/F-Jackie Butler, or PF-Mo Taylor, or PF/SF-David lee. Coach Larry Brown played young Eddy Curry alongside veteran PF like Davis, Malik, and Mo Taylor.

    Channing Frye & Eddy Curry on the court at the same time was a "Conflict of Interest" especially on defense bumbing-heads for the same position in the paint. The previous offseason Curry never attented any of the scrimage games or workout camps that Frye practice at. So putting Frye & Curry in the Starting Lineup at the start of the season was an "Experiment", a failed experiment at that.

    u put lee in da starting line up, the bench has a whole new look then, the knicks bench is full of energy thanks to david lee, balkman and nate, imagine frye coming off the bench wit dat soft attitude, isiah is doing the right thing by having lee off the bench plus why break something that is working??and its not like lee didnt get starting minutes and wasnt there when it counted...stop bashing isiah
    It isn't negative at all. When a player finds his niche, do you risk it by putting him in a different situation? Coming off of the bench is a unique situation because, in an ideal situation, you have a different mentality in a sense that you know why you're coming in and you know what to do. David Lee delivered in that role effectively and consistently. And guess what? He ended up playing more minutes per game.
    It seem we forgot that so many Knick-Fans liked Jamal Crawford comming off the bench.
    The Knicks "Bench-Players" were PURE-Energy because of the scoring of SG-Jamal Crawford, and second scoring option Nate Robinson, with PF-David Lee & SF-Balkman demanding every rebound to form a put-back or fastbreak from a hustling running game that suited "Crawford & Nate street-ball tandem".
    Jamal Crawford was the playmaking-Point off the bench that had the Coach "GREEN-LIGHT" on offense that fitted perfect inside of the Knicks 3 star-players of their 2006 Summer League Games (Lee, Balkman, and Nate).
    In the 2006 offseason you would see Lee or Balkman at "Crawford & Nate" Seattle Streetball games.
    Crawford was the only Bench-Player that had the "Green-Light" to do what he wanted to do in the offense. When Crawford came off the bench it left Nate & Balkman open for 15 to 20 foot jumpshots that both players were hitting 60% of the time from their running offense.
    Putting Crawford in the Starting-Lineup to replace Francis took away the main Scorer off the Bench, so the Hustle of Lee & Balkman on the boards were still great but Nate Robinson became Crawford substitute in the rotation and was not ready to be the first scoring option off the bench (in second season), especially alongside of Marbury, or Q.Rich, and Coach Zeke making him slow the offense down to a Halfcourt offense.
    The Knicks Pure Energy-Bench-Players consisted of Crawford, Nate, Balkman, and David Lee (Consistent Scoring & Rebounding).

    This "save face" plan is bogus. You need to quit with that excuse. Your telling me that Isiah would sacrifice a W by not playing his best players but instead of playing the players that he brought in?! Come on now, I know you're smarter than that, don't step down to the other pessimistic's level.
    Isn't that what Isiah did with Curry and Francis, and if Jared Jefferies did not injure his risk was'nt he going to be in the Starting Lineup? We all know that Curry, Marbury, and Crawford will be the Knicks Starters in the first game of this 2007 regular season. We also know that PF-David Lee Co-exist with each of these 3 Starters. Dont we Knick-Fans want Chemistry & Meshing in our 5 Starters at the start of the season? You dont think putting Zach Randolph in the starting lineup is an experiment and sacrificing a chance to get off to a great start for the WIN?
    This has nothing to do with being pessimistic or bias agaisnt Isiah, it's about assembling the right players in a rotation that co-exist together.

    David Lee is a fan favorite, but should we consider him a finished product? Absolutely not. I'd still like to see a consistent mid-range jumper and there's always room for improvement on defense (this goes for everyone else too). He is one of my favorite Knicks, and he's only entering his 3rd season. Just talking about him makes me look forward to the season even more.
    David lee 3rd season is more than a finish product than half the Starters in the NBA.
    If Crawford is a Starter than David Lee is a Starter too, because they both co-exist well together. It is about Co-existing players in your starting lineup that brings chemistry to the lineup so the bench players will follow.

    Watching the 2007 Summer League games with the rebounding tandem of SF-Balkman & C-Morris, I imagine PF-Zach Randolph with them being the first scoring option in the frontcourt off the bench, with either Shooting-Guard Marbury or Crawford being the first scoring option in the backcourt with bench-players Nate or Collins running the point.
    Tell me if that is not a Nice Crew of Bench-Players to experiment with (Zach, Balkman, Morris, Nate, and Collins)???

  10. #10
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    11

    Nyk Logo

    Why does every one have a hard on for David Lee? He had one good year. I'm not sure starting Lee is the best situation for him as a player. Lee's nitch was bringing energy in the second and third quarter from off of the bench just like Balkman. Putting ether player in a starting role changes the dynamic of the team. That isn't to say that Lee hasn't earned his minutes and he is getting his minutes but realistically no team in this league would start Lee over Randolph. I hate to break this to you guys but Lee is a role player. Why should he start over Randolph? What's next? Do we start Jerome James over Curry now?

    Kiyaman if your point is that Lee played better ball when Curry's not in the line up that's even more reason that Lee shouldn't start. Who wouldn't look good next to Rose and Jeffries? Crawford is a starter because he's the best SG that we currently have. Lee is not the best PF. Like it or not, agree or disagree the offense is going through our Center and if a player can't adjust to that then that player should be benched.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,909
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    To be honest with everyone, I would not play the Curry & Zach Tandem that much for the first 40 games of the season, not the way David Lee be grabbing so many rebounds alongside of Curry. I would save the Tandem of Curry & Zach for the second half of the season when they both would be more affiliated with each other style to Co-exist together.
    I would play Zach & Balkman inside & outside game together as a Tandem the first half of the season.
    I would tease all the Knicks oponents whom is expecting to go up against the Curry & Zach Tandem at the start of the season.

    Having two co-existing Frontcourt Tandems of "Curry & Lee", and "Zach & Balkman" going into the Post Season games give the Knicks a edge when the Curry & Zach Tandem come together.

  12. #12
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    [QUOTE=Kiyaman;36672]Channing Frye had a great Rookie season because the majority of his playingtime in the frontcourt was alongside of C/F-Jackie Butler, or PF-Mo Taylor, or PF/SF-David lee. Coach Larry Brown played young Eddy Curry alongside veteran PF like Davis, Malik, and Mo Taylor.

    Where did u find that? Butler hardle ever logggen any minutes, brown wanted him to get in shape, and if u look at a video of fry's rookie season highlights, curry in sumwhere in the picture ALL THE TIME. On top of that, fry did not play center when brown was there, and i dont rememebr him puttin rose or mo taylor at center....maybe u watched a game where eddy was in foul trouble and adjustments had to be made, but if i remember correctly, frye played with eddy....thats how he got his open J's.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,909
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Why does every one have a hard on for David Lee? He had one good year. I'm not sure starting Lee is the best situation for him as a player. Lee's nitch was bringing energy in the second and third quarter from off of the bench just like Balkman. Putting ether player in a starting role changes the dynamic of the team. That isn't to say that Lee hasn't earned his minutes and he is getting his minutes but realistically no team in this league would start Lee over Randolph. I hate to break this to you guys but Lee is a role player. Why should he start over Randolph? What's next? Do we start Jerome James over Curry now?

    Kiyaman if your point is that Lee played better ball when Curry's not in the line up that's even more reason that Lee shouldn't start. Who wouldn't look good next to Rose and Jeffries? Crawford is a starter because he's the best SG that we currently have. Lee is not the best PF. Like it or not, agree or disagree the offense is going through our Center and if a player can't adjust to that then that player should be benched.
    First off the team had a 23 and a 33 WIN season what dynamics are you talking about. True Crawford is the best SG on this team however the co-existing chemistry of SG-Crawford & PF-Lee rarely bring to many double teams on Curry.
    We all watched the last two seasons of Varejao hustling-rebounding for the Cavs over Big-Z and Gooden. And how Kaman just took the Center Job with his hustling-rebounding on the Clippers. The Knicks dont have any 48 minute scorers on this team like Lebron James, Kobe, Carmelo, Iverson, or Brand where you could bring a hustling-rebounder like Lee off the bench. David Lee should play alongside of the Knicks top scorers to rebound and not give oponents a second chance shot.

    By the way I do not think Eddy Curry will be this Knick-Team first or second option on offense this 2007-8 season, maybe the third option when he is positioned right down low. When you have a Center that could pass the ball then you run your offense through your center. Running the offense through No-Passing Eddy Curry for two season resulted in a 23 or 33 WIN season...

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,909
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    [quote=Toons;36675]
    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Channing Frye had a great Rookie season because the majority of his playingtime in the frontcourt was alongside of C/F-Jackie Butler, or PF-Mo Taylor, or PF/SF-David lee. Coach Larry Brown played young Eddy Curry alongside veteran PF like Davis, Malik, and Mo Taylor.

    Where did u find that? Butler hardle ever logggen any minutes, brown wanted him to get in shape, and if u look at a video of fry's rookie season highlights, curry in sumwhere in the picture ALL THE TIME. On top of that, fry did not play center when brown was there, and i dont rememebr him puttin rose or mo taylor at center....maybe u watched a game where eddy was in foul trouble and adjustments had to be made, but if i remember correctly, frye played with eddy....thats how he got his open J's.
    Toons, we are talking about Coach Larry Brown. Who played Davis for 30 minutes, Malik Rose for 27 minutes, and Mo Taylor for 16 minutes, and James for 5 minutes. How many times did Curry & Frye Start for Coach Brown? cut it out, Brown considered Curry a Rookie like Frye so he played them with veteran frontcourt players except when he seen the co-existing of Butler & Frye.

  15. #15
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    u cud b right dogg, im juss sayin i dont remember it, an i really dont feel like doin knick research....im lookin more to the future ya dig?
    and about ya david lee posts, hey i like d.lee as much as any other guy, but we need to get randolph and curry meshing as soon as possible. I dont know about u, but when players play in a all star game, do u ever see people stressing over if 5 superstars can play well together? look at team usa....i think the better the team, the better the player.....i play basketball...and when i have a good team, i play better. IMO

Similar Threads

  1. End of Season Grades
    By GetRealistic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Apr 17, 2007, 21:50
  2. A realistic discussion on the Knicks.
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Apr 16, 2007, 16:44
  3. could this be the reason for such a sh*tty season???
    By sxmarbury516 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 15, 2006, 17:06
  4. Tank the season in. Tank it ASAP.
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 26, 2005, 08:58
  5. New NBA Divisions for 2004-05 Season
    By JJtheKnick in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Aug 18, 2004, 18:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •