In Fairness to Last Season

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Finally

SOMEON WITH SOME BASKETBALL KNOWLEDGE. BALKMAN IS THE BETTER PLAYER HES ALL AROUND BETTER THEN LEE. I THINK WE SHOULD GET RID OF LEE WHILE HIS PRICE TAG IS SO HIGH AND GET A QUALITY PLAYER FOR HIM. WE STILL HAVE BALKMAN WHO PLAYS BETTER D AND COULD SCORE. WHAT EVER HAPPEND WITH THE ARTEST THING IM WAITING THAT WOULD BE A GOOD WAY TO GET ARTEST FOR WHAT I BELEIVE WILL BE CHEAP GIVE UP LEE.

:agreed:

metrocard

Legend
SOMEON WITH SOME BASKETBALL KNOWLEDGE. BALKMAN IS THE BETTER PLAYER HES ALL AROUND BETTER THEN LEE. I THINK WE SHOULD GET RID OF LEE WHILE HIS PRICE TAG IS SO HIGH AND GET A QUALITY PLAYER FOR HIM. WE STILL HAVE BALKMAN WHO PLAYS BETTER D AND COULD SCORE. WHAT EVER HAPPEND WITH THE ARTEST THING IM WAITING THAT WOULD BE A GOOD WAY TO GET ARTEST FOR WHAT I BELEIVE WILL BE CHEAP GIVE UP LEE.

:agreed:

You obviously didn't watch the NBA last season where David Lee was a beast. David Lee shoots 80% from the FT, great shooting accuracy his jumpshot will come. All he has to improve is his averagedefense and add more offensive skill, and he'll be a complete player.

I was on your boat on trading Lee for Artest, but after re-watching Balkman, I rather give away Nate, Chandler and other prospects instead of Lee. I just wanna keep Collins, Lee, and Balkman. They're our most important pieces for success.

metrocard

Legend
My BIG Beef with President/Coach Isiah Thomas is 5 coaches in 4 years and giving-up expiring contracts for "Individual Talent Players" that can not form a Team. When those expiring contracts could have been used better by alot of people in this Forum.
Being a Knick-Fan for 35 years I actually thought Laydumb 4 years was the worst. But Isiah is the worst! Even with all the great draft picks Isiah made Knicks does not make him better than Laydumb. Laydumb gave Isiah 6 expiring contracts in his first season and half as the Knicks G.M., and all 14 players contract expired before Isiah reached his 4th season as the Knicks G.M..

1) Marbury
2) Crawford
3) Q.Richardson
4) Zach
5) Curry

The above Five-Players NBA career showed they are "Individual Talanted Players" inwhich will be the Knicks 5-Starters in the 2007-8 season.
Q.Richardson has shown the best improvement of playing Team-ball after being coached by Larry Brown for a season. Marbury & Crawford has shown a little change however, all three players still have that "One on One" tendency that are not fully deleted from their talent & skillz. The Knicks coaching staff has a Big Job on their hands at the start of Training-Camp.
If the Knicks cant get into the swing of WINNING 5 to 7 games straight in a couple of runs this season to become a TEAM, and the best they could do is just WIN 3 straight once or twice this season then the Knicks are just an "Individual Talented" group of guys who beat poor teams or injured teams for the win.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width=624 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center>Enough with the jacking of shots in 1-1 play. Distribute the damn ball but do it properly!

Marbury dribbles up and then stands there looking around before passing to a player who is fully covered and cant do anything with it.

Crawford does a few AND1 moves and either jacks a terrible shot or whips the ball at a teammate who is covered and then cant do anything with it.

Neither of these guys know what it means to catch a defense off balance, then hit the OPEN player. Neither knows how to run a motion offense. We're doomed to be a plodding halfcourt team.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The Five-Players above are "Individual Talent" that does not form a Team. However they are on my Favorite Team I been a Fan of for 35 years.

What piss me off the most about Marbury & Crawford is that they will dribble the shot clock down to 6 to 4 seconds left and then pass the ball to a teammate that is fully covered. or pass the ball to a non-offensive player like Malik Rose or Jared Jefferies with the shotclock down to 4 or 3 seconds (something Parker or Arenas would never do) and the Knick Coach would never take them out of the game for being so stupid.
That is not just bad decision-making that is very immature for a veteran guard to do in the NBA.
I would rather the (so-call) imature Nate Robinson or second-season Marty Collins on the court than Marbury or Crawford if they dont put Team first this season.

P.S. Ex-Knick Allan Houston hated when Marbury did that to him, and Marbury never got reprimanded by coach Lenny Wilkens for doing this repeatedly.

Holy shit, this post deserves a double quote.

Kiyaman

Legend
You knick pessimists kill yourselves with outrageous statements such as these...do you personally think that david lee is better than Zach Randolph? David Lee doesn't have a jump shot yet and the same biased words come out your mouth. It's possible that D. Lee will be better than Z-Bo and Curry in the future...but right now...no he is not. He's an energy guy who crashes the boards like a mad man and has mediocre defense...similar to the like of balkman except balkman acutally moves his feet on D. He is our third best big guy. Simple as that...

David Lee is the Best BIGMAN on the Knicks Roster!
As a Team-Player or a co-existing teammate yes, Lee is a chemistry player.

We are talking about a "TEAM-Player"! Not a Individual Player.
Players that help their teammates talents better.
David Lee happen to be the best Complimentary Teammate on the Knicks roster last season.

Last season watching the Knicks play you seen NO-Chemistry amongst players. Why?
Because two "Individual Talented" players (Curry & Marbury) got the majority of playingtime so the rest of the Knicks roster had to play along to their song.
Zach Randolph is a career "Individual Talented" player, thats why Portland gave us him in June.

If Curry & Marbury had no chemistry last season, what makes anyone think by adding Zach Randolph another player that want to take the most shots on his team will want to decrease his best scoring season by sharing the ball every game so another teammate can claim his scoring fame.

The Knicks need Team-Players this season that will "CO-EXIST" with their teammates on both ends of the court to make the Post Season games in this Eastern Conference. Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Nets, Boston, Toronto, Orlando, Miami.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Sorry I dont wanna give up Nate

I dont know nate is too good he may not work for us in a half court offense but with our secondary guys he will become the leader of the bench squad he was amazing during the summer league and i believe if we give him up it will hurt us the most with our bench team who can run a muck against many other teams. Or when he goes to a team like the suns or chicago and hes the type of guy who will help them win a championship. Everyone says trade nate but his athleticism and his drive to be a better player is probably one of the reasons we had so many players working out at the msg training site this summer. We need to keep this guy

:2cents:

metrocard

Legend

David Lee happen to be the best Complimentary Teammate on the Knicks roster last season.

Last season watching the Knicks play you seen NO-Chemistry amongst players. Why?
Because two "Individual Talented" players (Curry & Marbury) got the majority of playingtime so the rest of the Knicks roster had to play along to their song.
Zach Randolph is a career "Individual Talented" player, thats why Portland gave us him in June.

If Curry & Marbury had no chemistry last season, what makes anyone think by adding Zach Randolph another player that want to take the most shots on his team will want to decrease his best scoring season by sharing the ball every game so another teammate can claim his scoring fame.

The Knicks need Team-Players this season that will "CO-EXIST" with their teammates on both ends of the court to make the Post Season games in this Eastern Conference. Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Nets, Boston, Toronto, Orlando, Miami.

lol...dude on my ignore list got owned. I wouldn't be surprise if he starts crying @ Kiyaman.

But with what you said Kiyaman, I wonder how long it will take Isiah to realize overloading individual talented NBA players won't bring success.

Being younger and more talented doesn't mean the team gets better. Theres much more to the NBA game than that.

Toons

is the Bo$$
lol...dude on my ignore list got owned. I wouldn't be surprise if he starts crying @ Kiyaman.

But with what you said Kiyaman, I wonder how long it will take Isiah to realize overloading individual talented NBA players won't bring success.

Being younger and more talented doesn't mean the team gets better. Theres much more to the NBA game than that.

Actually the team does get better with more talent and younger players....wtf? talent isnt just offense ya kno....if we had a bruce bowen type player who is 19.....would you still say that? if every1 played excellent defense, would you still say that? talent runs this league....look at lebron....dude is talented....and look at cleveland. i see where u guys r comming form with the individual talent, but dont say that randolph is a part of that...cuz really he's not....Zach is a team guy.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player

Marbury....not a team player?? Why do you think his scoring average dropped from his career averages the past two years? It's not because of his health and I'm glad you finally defined the word "best" with the meaning you were using because I thought you meant as in talent, putting fear in the opposition, and requiring large amounts of defensive attention. And I agree with you, he probably is one of our better team players. But everyone on this team is trying their best to become team players. You have to remember Curry didn't go to college so the true team aspect of his game is going to develop later than everyone else. He can't go through his entire career and not know how to throw a pass out of the double. Let's be realistic here...he's going to learn. Its a matter of "when" not "if". Curry I agree with you with...he's a bit of a individual player because of his lack of ability to pass out of the double. But that doesn't mean he's selfish. The combination of him trying to step up becoming the #1 option in the offense and the lack of experience being double team is why you think he's an individual player. His game WILL develop...he has proved his critics wrong in that aspect. But yes David Lee is one of our best team players...as in making the plays no one else wants to make, rebounds, and being unselfish (even though he lacks offensive skills). But why don't we give credit to balkman also? He's basically David Lee in a SF's body. Plus he can play better defense...man to man and help D. He gets in the passing lane more and he is also a big finisher on the break. So if Lee is one of the "best" players on this team...then balkman can't be too far around the corner...

Kiyaman

Legend
Actually the team does get better with more talent and younger players....wtf? talent isnt just offense ya kno....if we had a bruce bowen type player who is 19.....would you still say that? if every1 played excellent defense, would you still say that? talent runs this league....look at lebron....dude is talented....and look at cleveland. i see where u guys r comming form with the individual talent, but dont say that randolph is a part of that...cuz really he's not....Zach is a team guy.

Toons, I know you did not make a comment that Lebron James is an "Individual Talented" player?
Lebron is an overall all-around player that average 4-assist, 6-rebounds, 1.5-steals, and 4-fouls per game.

Kiyaman

Legend
When all is through with this ridiculous Court Case that is putting Isiah Thomas, Stephon Marbury, and James Dolan all on Front Street.
The Knicks have to get back to their Bread & Butter entertainment bussiness (NBA Basketball).
Will David Stern hit James Dolan with an outstanding Fine for the two consecutive offseason court cases involving Coach Larry Brown, and now President of Operation Isiah Thomas?

Will the Knicks take care of the two things that been holding them back from making the Post Season Games? to insure some peoples Jobs.

1) Having a 48 minute Offensive & Defensive Bigman on the court that can rebound.

There are 48 minutes in each game, and I do not believe that the Curry & Zach tandem will be used together exclusively.
Not to say anything bad about Eddy Curry adjustment last season but anything over 28 minutes slowed Curry down on both ends of the court in the regular season games. And the same could be said about Zach Randolph performance in Portland.
The Knicks only need one BIGMAN scoring threat on the court for 48 minutes per game. Having Curry & Zach gives this Knick Team a 48 minute Low-Post threat whether its Curry & Zach, or Curry & Lee, or Zach & Lee, or Zach & Balkman, or Lee & Balkman.
Jefferies is the only player that scares me the most in a Knick rotation because he is a big liability in rebounds & scoring a layup.
But the biggest thing that alot of B-Ball Fans and Sports Writers dont see happening anytime in Zach Randolph first season with the Knicks is the Chemistry on both ends of the court with Zach & Curry alongside each other the majority of the game, plus having PG-Marbury leading that show.
The Curry & Zach Tandem is Best for the 2008-9 season (not this season!).

2) Having a 48 minute Offensive & Defensive Backcourt Tandem that gets teammates involved in the game.

The Syracuse product 6.8 Demetris Nichols is automatically SG-Jamar Crawford backup.
If Isiah Thomas is to blind to see that than he deserves another losing season.
Demetris Nichols overall talent and skillz could be used at the SG-Position with the Knicks Starters if Crawford get into early foul trouble, and with the bench players alongside of Nate, Balkman, and David Lee as a threat on both ends of the court.
Just because Nichols is a rookie means nothing when your team is in dieing need for his type of talent and skillz in the rotation. It has nothing to do with Nichols being better than Chandler, Morris, or second season Collins. It is about forfilling a desperate need at the SG-Position that neither Crawford or Q.Richardson talents can forfill.

Out of all the new additions to the Knicks this offseason, Demetris Nichols talents and position is the most needed on this Knick Team to forfill its biggest weakness in the rotation (area).

metrocard

Legend

We don't become automatically successful with more talent, wrong. Overloading on "pontetial/talent" players who have a track record of being cancers and losers isn't a good recipe for success. Isiah has proven this in the last 3 years.

IF??? eww. Bruce Bowen is Bruce Bowen because of his experience. There is no 19 year old Bruce Bowen, 19 year olds don't play all NBA defense. Once again, "if" is proven to be weak.

Lebron isn't ONE THING, theres other factors to why he's a top 3 NBA player. Talent and potential are just words. Experience, performance and work have much value in determining how much a player will contribute to a team.

lol, Kiyaman said skillz.