In Fairness to Last Season

Kiyaman

Legend
My BIG Beef with President/Coach Isiah Thomas is 5 coaches in 4 years and giving-up expiring contracts for "Individual Talent Players" that can not form a Team. When those expiring contracts could have been used better by alot of people in this Forum.
Being a Knick-Fan for 35 years I actually thought Laydumb 4 years was the worst. But Isiah is the worst! Even with all the great draft picks Isiah made Knicks does not make him better than Laydumb. Laydumb gave Isiah 6 expiring contracts in his first season and half as the Knicks G.M., and all 14 players contract expired before Isiah reached his 4th season as the Knicks G.M..

1) Marbury
2) Crawford
3) Q.Richardson
4) Zach
5) Curry

The above Five-Players NBA career showed they are "Individual Talanted Players" inwhich will be the Knicks 5-Starters in the 2007-8 season.
Q.Richardson has shown the best improvement of playing Team-ball after being coached by Larry Brown for a season. Marbury & Crawford has shown a little change however, all three players still have that "One on One" tendency that are not fully deleted from their talent & skillz. The Knicks coaching staff has a Big Job on their hands at the start of Training-Camp.
If the Knicks cant get into the swing of WINNING 5 to 7 games straight in a couple of runs this season to become a TEAM, and the best they could do is just WIN 3 straight once or twice this season then the Knicks are just an "Individual Talented" group of guys who beat poor teams or injured teams for the win.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width=624 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center>Enough with the jacking of shots in 1-1 play. Distribute the damn ball but do it properly!

Marbury dribbles up and then stands there looking around before passing to a player who is fully covered and cant do anything with it.

Crawford does a few AND1 moves and either jacks a terrible shot or whips the ball at a teammate who is covered and then cant do anything with it.

Neither of these guys know what it means to catch a defense off balance, then hit the OPEN player. Neither knows how to run a motion offense. We're doomed to be a plodding halfcourt team.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The Five-Players above are "Individual Talent" that does not form a Team. However they are on my Favorite Team I been a Fan of for 35 years.

What piss me off the most about Marbury & Crawford is that they will dribble the shot clock down to 6 to 4 seconds left and then pass the ball to a teammate that is fully covered. or pass the ball to a non-offensive player like Malik Rose or Jared Jefferies with the shotclock down to 4 or 3 seconds (something Parker or Arenas would never do) and the Knick Coach would never take them out of the game for being so stupid.
That is not just bad decision-making that is very immature for a veteran guard to do in the NBA.
I would rather the (so-call) imature Nate Robinson or second-season Marty Collins on the court than Marbury or Crawford if they dont put Team first this season.

P.S. Ex-Knick Allan Houston hated when Marbury did that to him, and Marbury never got reprimanded by coach Lenny Wilkens for doing this repeatedly.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i fully agree with the shot clock issue with marbs n crawford....but our guys need to move without the balll more also...so i partially blame curry for not setting up high and low post screens, frye last year for not setting them effectively, i would say q.rich, but he moved well without the ball last season.....but yeah, it is mostly marbs fault tho, crawford does it too, but not as much as steph

Kiyaman

Legend
Preparation from coaching staff

Sitting inside the Garden a hour before the games, you will see Assistant Coach Mark Aquire and Curry on the court practicing before the game. When they get finish and leave the court you would see second season Nate Robinson the first one running out on the court to get some practice shots in with Frye, Lee, and Balkman. With Nate doing alot of Horse routines with his teammates.
Whats wrong with the picture above?

1) Favoriticism to just Eddy Curry when the starting Tandem of Curry & Frye was not getting defensive rebounds together, and passing to each other downlow, or passing the ball backout. If anything the two players Curry & Frye should've been practicing together before every game with assistant coach Mark Aquire and one of the Knicks guards.

2) The backcourt Guards of Marbury, Francis, and Crawford was not successful in sharing the ball with their scoring bigmen on offense to have the Knicks one of the top 5 teams leading in assist made last season. So the so-call imature Nate Robinson being the first one on the court to practice before the game without any of the other veteran guards with him to get their passing-game accurate with Curry and Balkman defending the passing lanes to get a blockshot was poor assistant coaching on Isiah Thomas part reminding me of the past Chicago Bulls frontcourt "Individual Talent" play that made them a consecutive LOTTERY Team each season.

3) Having tickets for the Boston Celtics game at the Garden this season and getting to the Garden a hour before the game to see if the Knicks have a set PLAN for this ALL-STAR Celtics team where they come out practicing this plan with certain players before the game start will show us Knick-Fans if they been getting prepared for the Winning teams in their Division.
If the Knicks dont show any preperation for the teams in their Division like they did last season then we Knick-Fans know what to expect from this Knick Team in the upcomming season from the overall teams in the league.

Roco

Rookie
Sitting inside the Garden a hour before the games, you will see Assistant Coach Mark Aquire and Curry on the court practicing before the game. When they get finish and leave the court you would see second season Nate Robinson the first one running out on the court to get some practice shots in with Frye, Lee, and Balkman. With Nate doing alot of Horse routines with his teammates.
Whats wrong with the picture above?

1) Favoriticism to just Eddy Curry when the starting Tandem of Curry & Frye was not getting defensive rebounds together, and passing to each other downlow, or passing the ball backout. If anything the two players Curry & Frye should've been practicing together before every game with assistant coach Mark Aquire and one of the Knicks guards.

2) The backcourt Guards of Marbury, Francis, and Crawford was not successful in sharing the ball with their scoring bigmen on offense to have the Knicks one of the top 5 teams leading in assist made last season. So the so-call imature Nate Robinson being the first one on the court to practice before the game without any of the other veteran guards with him to get their passing-game accurate with Curry and Balkman defending the passing lanes to get a blockshot was poor assistant coaching on Isiah Thomas part reminding me of the past Chicago Bulls frontcourt "Individual Talent" play that made them a consecutive LOTTERY Team each season.

3) Having tickets for the Boston Celtics game at the Garden this season and getting to the Garden a hour before the game to see if the Knicks have a set PLAN for this ALL-STAR Celtics team where they come out practicing this plan with certain players before the game start will show us Knick-Fans if they been getting prepared for the Winning teams in their Division.
If the Knicks dont show any preperation for the teams in their Division like they did last season then we Knick-Fans know what to expect from this Knick Team in the upcomming season from the overall teams in the league.

1) I can't really understand what you're saying here. My interpretation is that they weren't efficient in rebounding the ball defensively when they were on the court together, couldn't pass the ball to each other, or out of the post. Now, when you say that they couldn't pass out of the post, I can see what you're saying, but to look at it everything you said a general sense, all I can say is that you don't solve those issues simply by practicing it right before a game. This is something that you should work on repeatedly during those practices on non-game days. I'm not saying that practicing that before a game is wrong, but you just don't solve it by telling Aguirre to work on that before a game. Plus, don't you think it'd be better effectively practiced when they're running scrimmages, something that they can't do right before a game?

We can definitely get better and more efficient. We have Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, David Lee, and Malik Rose going at it during the practices. Malik Rose is a workhorse, and Randolph and Lee are both 10 boards a game players. I can reasonably expect that they'll make each other work hard. Curry, Malik, and Lee have vouched for Isiah, and I know that they're not going to give him lackluster effort. Passing out of double teams is a skill that can be worked on. Last season, Curry was finally a consistent focal point on offense, and his struggles to pass out of a double team is an expected growing pain en route to positive development. I EXPECT him to work harder and get BETTER.

2) So the concern here is post-entry passes from our guards. We were not consistently efficient in this area last season, and it was one of our sources of turnovers. Again, I'm sure they go through the motions during practices, but again, you don't judge it just by what you see them doing right before a game. Renaldo Balkman is not a guy who you'd expect night-in and night-out to guard centers, much less Eddy Curry who weighs nearly 70-80 pounds more than him. They also have Renaldo guarding the passing lanes during scrimmages too. Also, there are other big-men oriented teams who weren't in the top 5 in assists per game. You say that our guards didn't share the ball with our scoring big man, but Curry ended up being our leading scorer.

3) I'm not keen on making assumptioins of practice efficiency just by watching the shootaround. I mean, it's SHOOTAROUND. You're not going to find many teams who hold full practices immediate before a game.

Kiyaman

Legend
That is the POINT. It looked like the Knicks never practice with a strategy to outwitt their next upcomming oponents, be it Philly or Spurs their was never an isolation strategy play made in practice on certain oponents.
Where you would see certain teammates going over certain things together while in a shoot around to get the feel of the strategy they will be going through.
I never seen any type of Preparation in the Knicks performance for any team in the league. That is why the Knicks losses were in huge double digits. The Knick players did not have a clue of the majority of their oponents the last 3 seasons.

Roco

Rookie
Teams don't necessarily practice strategy during the shootaround. When you talk about certain teammates, who have you seen?

Our problem last season was consistency as a team. We'd beat quality opponents and lose the games that we should've won. Are you saying that when we won games, our players would talk a lot during shootaround to discuss strategy?

Again, there's nothing wrong with going over strategy, but I've never heard ofthat being associated with a pre-game shootaround. You don't just judge their preparation on what you saw them doing at shootaround. It's as simple as that.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Exactly

That is the POINT. It looked like the Knicks never practice with a strategy to outwitt their next upcomming oponents, be it Philly or Spurs their was never an isolation strategy play made in practice on certain oponents.
Where you would see certain teammates going over certain things together while in a shoot around to get the feel of the strategy they will be going through.
I never seen any type of Preparation in the Knicks performance for any team in the league. That is why the Knicks losses were in huge double digits. The Knick players did not have a clue of the majority of their oponents the last 3 seasons.

THEY DONT AND THIS IS A BIG PROB FOR THE KNICKS YOU CAN SEE THEY HAVE NO GAME PLAN WHATSOEVER WHEN THEY PLAY ANY TEAM. AND THEY SHOULD FOR EACH TEAM THEY PLAY CAUSE EVERYTEAM IN THE LEAGUE IS BETTER THEN THEY WERE. WE ALSO NEED TO START PLAYING LIKE A TEAM. YEAH EACH OF OUT STARTING 5 PLAYERS DO HAVE INDIVIDUAL TALENTS BUT ITS THE RESPONSIBLILTY OF THE COACH TO SAY HEY WE NEED TO PLAY TOGETHER. AND IF YOU WATCHED THE USA TEAM THIS YEAR IT CAN BE DONE ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE. ISAIAH NEEDS TO BREAK THERE EGOS LIKE HE DID TO MARBURY AND MAKE THIS THING WORK

:alert::alert::alert::alert::alert::alert::alert::alert:

metrocard

Legend
Teams don't necessarily practice strategy during the shootaround. When you talk about certain teammates, who have you seen?

Our problem last season was consistency as a team. We'd beat quality opponents and lose the games that we should've won. Are you saying that when we won games, our players would talk a lot during shootaround to discuss strategy?

Again, there's nothing wrong with going over strategy, but I've never heard ofthat being associated with a pre-game shootaround. You don't just judge their preparation on what you saw them doing at shootaround. It's as simple as that.

Good teams win games they're suppose to win.

Roco

Rookie
Agreed, metro.

I've expected our Knicks to do that for a long time, and this season, my expectations in terms of winning the winnable games has never been higher.

My BIG Beef with President/Coach Isiah Thomas is 5 coaches in 4 years and giving-up expiring contracts for "Individual Talent Players" that can not form a Team. When those expiring contracts could have been used better by alot of people in this Forum.
Being a Knick-Fan for 35 years I actually thought Laydumb 4 years was the worst. But Isiah is the worst! Even with all the great draft picks Isiah made Knicks does not make him better than Laydumb. Laydumb gave Isiah 6 expiring contracts in his first season and half as the Knicks G.M., and all 14 players contract expired before Isiah reached his 4th season as the Knicks G.M..

1) Marbury
2) Crawford
3) Q.Richardson
4) Zach
5) Curry

The above Five-Players NBA career showed they are "Individual Talanted Players" inwhich will be the Knicks 5-Starters in the 2007-8 season.
Q.Richardson has shown the best improvement of playing Team-ball after being coached by Larry Brown for a season. Marbury & Crawford has shown a little change however, all three players still have that "One on One" tendency that are not fully deleted from their talent & skillz. The Knicks coaching staff has a Big Job on their hands at the start of Training-Camp.
If the Knicks cant get into the swing of WINNING 5 to 7 games straight in a couple of runs this season to become a TEAM, and the best they could do is just WIN 3 straight once or twice this season then the Knicks are just an "Individual Talented" group of guys who beat poor teams or injured teams for the win.

<table border="1" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="624"><tbody><tr><td valign="center">Enough with the jacking of shots in 1-1 play. Distribute the damn ball but do it properly!

Marbury dribbles up and then stands there looking around before passing to a player who is fully covered and cant do anything with it.

Crawford does a few AND1 moves and either jacks a terrible shot or whips the ball at a teammate who is covered and then cant do anything with it.

Neither of these guys know what it means to catch a defense off balance, then hit the OPEN player. Neither knows how to run a motion offense. We're doomed to be a plodding halfcourt team.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

The Five-Players above are "Individual Talent" that does not form a Team. However they are on my Favorite Team I been a Fan of for 35 years.
What piss me off the most about Marbury & Crawford is that they will dribble the shot clock down to 6 to 4 seconds left and then pass the ball to a teammate that is fully covered. or pass the ball to a non-offensive player like Malik Rose or Jared Jefferies with the shotclock down to 4 or 3 seconds (something Parker or Arenas would never do) and the Knick Coach would never take them out of the game for being so stupid.
That is not just bad decision-making that is very immature for a veteran guard to do in the NBA.
I would rather the (so-call) imature Nate Robinson or second-season Marty Collins on the court than Marbury or Crawford if they dont put Team first this season.

P.S. Ex-Knick Allan Houston hated when Marbury did that to him, and Marbury never got reprimanded by coach Lenny Wilkens for doing this repeatedly.

Zeke has made the talent on the roster much better. His issue is having the proper leadership to mold it. Chaney, Wilkins were both jokes. Brown was the marquee name, but not the right fit. Clearly (league record for dif starting lineups was ridiculous)

Far as team players, I have to again disagree. Marbury is branded selfish because he is always the best player on his team. Meaning he takes all the criticism when things fail. And usually had to shoulder the scoring load. Everyone forgets when he played with good talent (phx) he helped them win 53 games. No one was calling him selfish Steph then. And for the life of me... can someone super intelligent ( Metro the best poster on Knicksonline.com maybe ) Tell me how a man who avg 20 and 8 his whole career just about can be labeled selfish? 8 dimes a year would be a career year for most pg's in the league, Steph does this year in and out off the bus. Does anyone remember that ultra talented team he played on in NJ? On top of that, he more than any other player on the team last year sacrificed his game for the betterment of the team. And it kills me even more as a Knick fan being that it's Walt Clyde and Steph 1 and 2 in Knick history at pg. And it's not even close. Fans act like we have this great pg heritage to gauge Steph's play on lol... NY'ers. But this is an opinion forum.

Q-rich has always been a good team guy, even with the Clips, but especially phx. Then he comes here and has to change his game around, and does without an issue. Possibly our best all around player besides Steph. Again, opinion forum.

Zach was a one man gang in Portland and they were garbage for years, so he will unfairly get the ballhogging, selfish teammate label simply for being the crown jewel of a franchise devoid of such. Though, not one coach ever calls him a selfish teammate during practice, and say he works harder than anyone. Even in Portland. It's personal baggage that scares most. But we are talking ON THE FLOOR, correct? I say give him a shot here before we gauge his play somewhere in a diff system. Opinion forum.

Curry needed the most improvement last year, and made the most on the team. By far. Can't call him an individual or team player based off of one pretty good season. He looked like a first year player from college a lot last year. Bad out of double teams, rare hustle on d and lacked fire on the boards for a man his size. But ran the floor well, took on the role of being "the go to guy* for the first time in his career. If he improves on the defensive end, sky is the limit for this team. But I would at best have a wait and see for him. He is the most important player on the team. Opinion forum.

Crawford is the biggest enigma. If he plays how he did from dec on all season, he will be a flat out star. Finally learned to harness the and1 mentality and play within the system. You are going off of his career worth of blunders. But life in all walks is what have you done lately. Last we saw him, he was playing very, very well. And within the team game. But who knows with him. I'm personally an optimist by nature. Plus it's my team, so I hope his play was from becoming level headed, and not some fluke. Jury is out on Him, Curry and Zach.

Opinion forum.

Kiyaman

Legend
Zeke has made the talent on the roster much better. His issue is having the proper leadership to mold it. Chaney, Wilkins were both jokes. Brown was the marquee name, but not the right fit. Clearly (league record for dif starting lineups was ridiculous)

Far as team players, I have to again disagree. Marbury is branded selfish because he is always the best player on his team. Meaning he takes all the criticism when things fail. And usually had to shoulder the scoring load. Everyone forgets when he played with good talent (phx) he helped them win 53 games. No one was calling him selfish Steph then. And for the life of me... can someone super intelligent ( Metro the best poster on Knicksonline.com maybe ) Tell me how a man who avg 20 and 8 his whole career just about can be labeled selfish? 8 dimes a year would be a career year for most pg's in the league, Steph does this year in and out off the bus. Does anyone remember that ultra talented team he played on in NJ? On top of that, he more than any other player on the team last year sacrificed his game for the betterment of the team. And it kills me even more as a Knick fan being that it's Walt Clyde and Steph 1 and 2 in Knick history at pg. And it's not even close. Fans act like we have this great pg heritage to gauge Steph's play on lol... NY'ers. But this is an opinion forum.

Q-rich has always been a good team guy, even with the Clips, but especially phx. Then he comes here and has to change his game around, and does without an issue. Possibly our best all around player besides Steph. Again, opinion forum.

Zach was a one man gang in Portland and they were garbage for years, so he will unfairly get the ballhogging, selfish teammate label simply for being the crown jewel of a franchise devoid of such. Though, not one coach ever calls him a selfish teammate during practice, and say he works harder than anyone. Even in Portland. It's personal baggage that scares most. But we are talking ON THE FLOOR, correct? I say give him a shot here before we gauge his play somewhere in a diff system. Opinion forum.

Curry needed the most improvement last year, and made the most on the team. By far. Can't call him an individual or team player based off of one pretty good season. He looked like a first year player from college a lot last year. Bad out of double teams, rare hustle on d and lacked fire on the boards for a man his size. But ran the floor well, took on the role of being "the go to guy* for the first time in his career. If he improves on the defensive end, sky is the limit for this team. But I would at best have a wait and see for him. He is the most important player on the team. Opinion forum.

Crawford is the biggest enigma. If he plays how he did from dec on all season, he will be a flat out star. Finally learned to harness the and1 mentality and play within the system. You are going off of his career worth of blunders. But life in all walks is what have you done lately. Last we saw him, he was playing very, very well. And within the team game. But who knows with him. I'm personally an optimist by nature. Plus it's my team, so I hope his play was from becoming level headed, and not some fluke. Jury is out on Him, Curry and Zach.

Opinion forum.

The only thing you just did was approve these guys NBA career as an "Individual Talent" on each of their previous teams.
You could have some very poor players on your team in any league but if you and those players team-up TOGETHER on offense and defense your team of poor players will WIN more games than you believe.

Individual Talents get you in the NBA, but Team-Ball makes you a Champion in the NBA.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Individual Talents get you in the NBA, but Team-Ball makes you a Champion in the NBA.

This quote is true...but an individual talent and a team talent is all about personal perception. When Isiah became the GM of this team, the first thing we needed was an identity...a franchise player. H20 needed a sidekick, a threat beside him. So what does Zeke do? He gets Starbury, an all-star point guard that can dish and score. Then we needed a big-man...some sort of inside post presence. Eddy Curry was his choice after signing Jerome James. We needed a 3-pt threat from the outside....we traded for Q-Rich. Jamal Crawford was initially picked up to back up H20 but we all know what happened. Zach Randolph was traded to keep double teams off of Curry. Also pick up the slack on the boards. And Isiah surrounded this talent with young talent for a youth movement. So that sounds like a plan to me and it also sounds as if he got what we needed instead of what we wanted. You see individual talents...I see specialists with extra skills. Call it what you will...your excuse of "individual talents" isn't the reason we're losing...it's because we play no defense and our team chemistry is usually awful and the cherry on top is the turnovers. "Individual Talents" is far from the reason that we are losing.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i dont think kiyaman gives credit to isiah for last season....we barely missed the playoffs last season......we lost about 10 games due to a depleated roster, and we lost another 10-15 games by less than 10 points....we lost a lot of close games because of the doubles on eddy, and fry's poor shooting....we won a lot of games with our turnovers...

Toons

is the Bo$$
also q.rich's injury changed our game a lot too, so did lee's, crawfords and marbury's...also francis was too streaky
isiah cant solve every problem in one offseason....we are quietly rebuilding our team....we aremore renovating than rebuillding, and u gatta give zeke his credit for his work so far....next season when artest is onthe table, and more money comesoff the salary, we will b contenders for the years to come

The only thing you just did was approve these guys NBA career as an "Individual Talent" on each of their previous teams.
You could have some very poor players on your team in any league but if you and those players team-up TOGETHER on offense and defense your team of poor players will WIN more games than you believe.

You said all these guys are not team players, and no one was saying these things about Steph and Q when they were on winning teams.

The others you can build a case about. Steph and Q I disagree that they are not team players.

Kiyaman

Legend
u cud b right dogg, im juss sayin i dont remember it, an i really dont feel like doin knick research....im lookin more to the future ya dig?
and about ya david lee posts, hey i like d.lee as much as any other guy, but we need to get randolph and curry meshing as soon as possible. I dont know about u, but when players play in a all star game, do u ever see people stressing over if 5 superstars can play well together? look at team usa....i think the better the team, the better the player.....i play basketball...and when i have a good team, i play better. IMO

Every Knick-fan wants the Curry & Zach tandem to start meshing ASAP, what people are not looking at is these two young imature millionairs dont give a ..... about meshing together this entire offseason.
What other players have Curry or Zach really meshed with before, and if they did mesh with another bigman how long did it take for them to play together as one?

It will take these two stuborn selfish players Curry & Zach about a season or two to put some chemistry together on both sides of the court. Maybe this season the two will be able to get their Offense meshing together (Maybe), but on the defensive side of the court it will take these two players some seasons and offseasons together.

Now what makes this guy David Lee such a Big Fan favorite in New York and at the Rookie/Sophmore game?
The samething that will make NBA Teams give him such a high expensive contract inwhich the Knicks will not match this offer when David Lee becomes a FA.

David Lee is the Best BIGMAN on the Knicks Roster!
He can play both sides of the court at a fast-pace running game or a slow halfcourt setting. His rebounding is outstanding on both Glasses. His Passing abiltiues show great court awareness. But the best part of his game is he makes his teammates talents better (and to do that on this Knick team when all the PG we had cant, says David Lee is an "All-Around-Player".).

Toon, you have Players that made the All-Star Team, or made the USA Team and showed a certain personality inwhich they will never make it back to either. And I'm sure you recall some of these players.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
David Lee is the Best BIGMAN on the Knicks Roster!
He can play both sides of the court at a fast-pace running game or a slow halfcourt setting. His rebounding is outstanding on both Glasses. His Passing abiltiues show great court awareness. But the best part of his game is he makes his teammates talents better (and to do that on this Knick team when all the PG we had cant, says David Lee is an "All-Around-Player".).

You knick pessimists kill yourselves with outrageous statements such as these...do you personally think that david lee is better than Zach Randolph? David Lee doesn't have a jump shot yet and the same biased words come out your mouth. It's possible that D. Lee will be better than Z-Bo and Curry in the future...but right now...no he is not. He's an energy guy who crashes the boards like a mad man and has mediocre defense...similar to the like of balkman except balkman acutally moves his feet on D. He is our third best big guy. Simple as that...

You knick pessimists kill yourselves with outrageous statements such as these...do you personally think that david lee is better than Zach Randolph? David Lee doesn't have a jump shot yet and the same biased words come out your mouth. It's possible that D. Lee will be better than Z-Bo and Curry in the future...but right now...no he is not. He's an energy guy who crashes the boards like a mad man and has mediocre defense...similar to the like of balkman except balkman acutally moves his feet on D. He is our third best big guy. Simple as that...

I was just going to say... Balkman does everything that Lee does and will be the better much player based on his defensive prowess. He is the third best all around player on the team.

And I think the Knicks will keep Lee.