Randolphs hidden talent

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I got to say, this big man can pass and make plays and find open players for easy points, our offense should be NICE with him now! Randolphs doesn't do much passing but if he does that would be good, I know thats a point guards job, but the double team will come and Z Bo will pass it out for the open three, or mid range jumper.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVJvTCGduXg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oVJvTCGduXg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
This proves that Z-Bo isn't the ball hog that the pessimists thought he was...I want to hear what they have to say about his ways after they see all the evidence that he does indeed pass the ball out of double teams...

Not bad, looks good maby he could teach Eddy a little of that passing out of the double team stuff :) Eddy could also take some pointers on rebounding from Zack too:) Mr. Randolf should be a bright spot for the Knicks this season I just hpoe the Zack+Eddy show ends up a lot better than the Marbury+Francis experiment!

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I just find it funny that there are so few comments on this thread... this was deff something that every1 was worried about and now that you see that he can actually pass....

i'm still waiting on the video of the game where he goes on a blocking rampage but it seems that our inside D is still just coming off the bench

ps. any word on zach and curry meeting yet?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!

I have not seen anything or heard anything about EC meeting with Zach, but at camp and practice they should be talking, and getting along.

What worries me about Zach Randolph, is that he has been a Trail Blazer for is whole career, and he might be to use to playing in that arena, and with that team even though the whole team has changed, and he might not fit here, and might choke for the knicks.
Hopefully that wont happen.

I have not seen anything or heard anything about EC meeting with Zach, but at camp and practice they should be talking, and getting along.

What worries me about Zach Randolph, is that he has been a Trail Blazer for is whole career, and he might be to use to playing in that arena, and with that team even though the whole team has changed, and he might not fit here, and might choke for the knicks.
Hopefully that wont happen.

that is the last thing that will happen. zach randolph is a tough player. i really cant see him not putting up big numbers or effecting the game in some major way. i know, there have been so many good or average players over the years that have put on a knicks uni and become horrible seemingly overnight. off the top of my head i can think of Penny, Tim Thomas, Steve Francis, Jerome James, Jared Jeffries???(one more year for this guy), moochie norris, antonio mcdyesse, Van horn, shandon anderson. i remember penny hardaway checking into close games and completely destroying all harmony. he would turn the ball over, then foul somebody, then let his man take an easy layup, all one after the other. i hold penny hardaway personally responsible for at least 7 losses in that 23 win season. the fact that the miam heat signed him to actually play basketball for them takes them out of the running for winning the nba championship as far as im concerned. they have no chance of winning if he is in the game. he is a black cloud of despair that will rain down upon south beach.

Kiyaman

Legend
I just find it funny that there are so few comments on this thread... this was deff something that every1 was worried about and now that you see that he can actually pass....

i'm still waiting on the video of the game where he goes on a blocking rampage but it seems that our inside D is still just coming off the bench

That was a nice video of the Clippers vs Blazer game with shotblocker Brand defending Zach. Well, Zach will have to get his passing game up to par in the Eastern Conference where alot of East Teams have two defensive Bigmen like Brand & Kaman that can come outside the paint.

Zach Randolph will add something good to this Knick Team if he is coached right. That is why I believe Zach is not ready to Start with one dimensional Curry anytime soon in the Eastern Conference.

pat

Starter

The problem with this video is that there is a reason why the commentators are so surprised by Zach's good passing game. Probably they haven't seen it that often...

That somebody has the skills to do something doesn't mean that he is going to do it. If Zach is going to pass like this every night the knicks should be fine.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Nice write up on NBA.com

zach_randolph.jpg

In the wake of his trade to the Knicks, many writers have expressed concern about Randolph?s ability to co-exist with New York?s other low-post monster, Eddy Curry. We don?t share that concern. Why not? Randolph is the better of the two players by a fairly significant margin. While Curry is more or less locked in as a back-to-the-basket scorer on the low block, Randolph has the ability to able to step out and consistently hit the mid-range jumper. And unlike Curry, whose lack of rebounding ability is legendary, Randolph will hit the boards (10.1 per game last season). Assuming he stays out of trouble (which is by no means a sure thing, especially with the Manhattan nightlife calling), look for Randolph to meet or exceed his Portland numbers this season.

If Zack and Lee are rotated in the rotation constintly with Q and Balkman we wont need Curry to rebound:) but he is still going to have to learn how to take his man out of the post. He's big enough to push any center out of the lane for christ sake. I think Eddy just has to find the passion for rebounding and defence like he already has found the passion to score.

CoolClyde

Zachariah Black Mariah, No Pariah

I'm definitely seeing and hearing between the lines, broadcasters are surprised by ZR passing, saying over and over if he looks first to pass, he has better game. Leads me to believe he's a ball hog. No surprise there. Anyone can learn D and the dime's import, but not everyone's got ZR offensive skills. The fact that he CAN pass is key. He's not just an in-the-painter, he's also a GREAT mid-range shooter, something DLee and Balkmania lack. This is something ZR critics are missing, instead focusing on the ZR/Curry Spice tandem. He'll fit fine, once he learns Knick scheme. Curry learned from Aguirre, so can Randolph. Watch Zachariah explode in MSGNYC confines! GO KNICKS! GO ZACH! GO ZEKE!

CC