Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oden is Hurt, Channings BIG SHOT!

Default Oden is Hurt, Channings BIG SHOT!

Hey, so try not to miss Channing, he's in Portland and Odenis hurt.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

doesnt change the fact channing frye is soft, but i hope the best for em

i love channing because he hit some big shots for us and he was really great in the beginning of his rookie season until larry brown crushed his dreams. i'm just gonna blame brown for frye's lack of growth. i remember we traded kurt thomas and i thought how can we replace him? he had a very accurate mid range jumper at the time (i dont know if he still does because i only watch knick games). and channing just came in and started hitting 15 footers all the time. it was great while it lasted. if he turns into a superstar it'll make me sick to my stomach.

seems like lots of things make you sick...
    whatever the case he should definitley see more play time to start the season. If he does flourish and become a Superstar it would be cool as long as he doesnt have a great game vs the Knicks when in the NBA Finals (in two or three years) when the Knicks play Portland in like 2009/10 season or something.

Frye sucks and the blazers will be praying for the earliest possible return for Oden. Frye= soft,no presence in the post, jump shooting center thats is a bad passer as well. Oden= Defence and a low post presence that a true center should have. Frye wishes he was half the man Oden is and is going to be in the future for his team and the NBA.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

OriginalKnicksGrandson please at least have some respect to a ball player that is working hard to get better, I dont see you in the NBA.

Sorry cheif I just don't like him thats all.( I'm not 6'11" , that might help the whole playing in the NBA thing)

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Olden defensive presence in the paint vs the NBA, is what everybody has been waiting to see. Now, Olden gets a fresh start with Front Row seats at watching Frye & Aldrige vs the NBA.

Channing Frye picked up alot of great stuff from his fellow Knick Teammates in the last two seasons to add to his own creative ability on the next team.
    Frye knows 2 things in September before training-camp.
    1) He will get 15 shots per game and
    2) that defense is all about timing & positioning in the NBA.

Will Frye take advantage of this opportunity? YES!
    Can Frye hang with the Western Conference Bigmen? he will give it all he got.
    Will Frye produce a decent stat (17-8) this regular season? YES! he have it in him. Frye inside game will have him going to the foul line alot, thats what we all missed from Frye last season. Frye also have a decent passing-game that he will get a chance to use by receiving the ball early alot with 17 seconds left on the shot clock.

Fyre is a nice player. Nothing awful but nothing special. In my mind he's a more athletic version of Mike Doleac. Fyre can stroke an open jumper but his post game, rebounding, and defense are all soft. He may improve but i can't seeing becoming more then a B- NBA player.

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Olden defensive presence in the paint vs the NBA, is what everybody has been waiting to see. Now, Olden gets a fresh start with Front Row seats at watching Frye & Aldrige vs the NBA.

Channing Frye picked up alot of great stuff from his fellow Knick Teammates in the last two seasons to add to his own creative ability on the next team.

Will Frye produce a decent stat (17-8) this regular season? YES! he have it in him. Frye inside game will have him going to the foul line alot, thats what we all missed from Frye last season. Frye also have a decent passing-game that he will get a chance to use by receiving the ball early alot with 17 seconds left on the shot clock.
    u have this much confidence in frye, but not in zach randolph?
    frye will get crushed by west centers and pf's like duncan, amare, dirk, camby, yao, brand, gasol, boozer and da list goes on, at least zach can hang with these dudes. what inside game are you talking about??? and waht passing game? frye wont make it in portland, and the blazers will regret that trade.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

what were u watching the last two season, i wish we never traded him now, smh, lol at u saying frye gotta decent passing game and got a inside game

Boy, kiyaman, that post there, made ur other posts loose credit....

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Yeah I am not much of a Channing Frye fan either, but he still has some room to improve. He is a young player.

He might still be a young NBA player but I don't see him improving much unless gains about 30-40lbs., loses his soft play, and learns how to play as a big in this leage. If he dosen't improve his play as a big I see him as a back up role player and out of the leage in under 8-10 years.

Veteran

All of the above POST who think differently from my evaluation of Frye new situation in Portland, the best I can say is this season we all will compare Curry performance with Frye performance this season. Hint: PF-Aldridge hustle rebounding talent will improve alongside of Frye as a teammate like David Lee's improvement each season.

I have more confidence in a Frye & Zach lineup then I do in a Curry & Zach lineup.
    And somehow the Portland Blazer Organization like everyone else seen what "Greg Olden" have to offer in the frontcourt as the BIGMAN in the paint.
    They would rather have Channing Frye outside & inside services which may not be as well as Zach Randolph services but ..... Frye will give Olden room and help to establish himself by co-existing with Olden talents and skillz the sameway Frye did alongside of PF-David Lee & C/F-Jackie Butler on "BOTH Sides of the Court"...