Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did we have a chance?

Veteran

Nyk Logo Did we have a chance?

If the Knicks never made the Eddy Curry Trade did we have a chance at getting two of these 4 players: 7.0 Andrea Bargnani, 6.11 LaMarcus Aldridge, 7.0 Greg Oden, and 6.9 Keven Durant, to go along with Frye, Lee, Nate, and Balkman?

Would the Bad play of using just Jerome James as our Starting Center make us a Lottery Team for two straight seasons to have an upcomming young Frontcourt line with the young Players above?
    Would we be building a Future Winning Team with those players?

What? The Bulls didn't land Oden or Durant so how would we have any more of a chance than them?

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

You didnt read from the top IF WE DIDN't MAKE That Eddy Curry deal! If you didn't know we made that deal with the Chicago Bulls

Interesting way of thinking. But you can't tell what would've happened. The Celtics had one of the worst records in the league last season and they wound up with the 5th pick. Milwaukee got screwed too. So we'll never know.

Kiyaman, you're already unhappy with Isiah. Are you leading us to believe that you'd be happy with Isiah if he tanked two straight seasons just to get a chance at the player you want? What if we didn't get the spot we wanted? Would you still be happy?

I'm not convinced that Barngani or Aldridge would be more valuable to us than Curry right now. Oden, of course, but you heard of his injury. Think Portland is suffering? Let's say we did grab Oden, and he still gets his injury. I bet you'd hear someone bashing Isiah for not making sure he was healthy before he drafted him. Durant would have given almost any team great PR, but if you look at us, we have some quality wing players and the possibility of grabbing Ron Artest soon.

Regardless, we wound up giving trading the 9th pick in this past draft anyway. I would have loved for Isiah to have not put that stipulation in, because we could have kept Curry and put a guy like Noah next to him. But if "ifs and buts" were "candy and nuts", we'd have Christmas everyday. The option to swap picks was something that Paxson demanded. But I don't feel too bad about it.

This is easy to answer...Curry will be better than Noah, Aldridge, and Bargnani. Now with Oden, this would be a good question. He has a lot of potential but so does Curry. And it always helps to be 18-19 years old and have such a defensive presence on the floor and an uncapped potential for his offensive abilities. We don't need Durant...we already have enough wing players so he's out of the equation. We needed a big guy and that's what we have in Curry. The only C better than Curry is Yao Ming and Shaq. Curry has to be double team or he's dropping 27 ppg while shooting 55-60% from the field...not too many C demand this amount of attention on the floor. Especially none of those guys you just named...not even Oden or Durant. I like our chances with Curry and I have yet to regret the trade...bigups to Isiah on that

Nyk Logo Yeah

I LIKE THE TEAM HE PUT TOGETHER BUT THAT MAKES HIM A GOOD GM HE HASNT DONE A GOOD JOB AT ALL ON GETTING THESE GUYS TO PLAY TOGETHER AND THAT IS WHY WE ALL QUESTION WHETHER OR NOT THEY CAN PLAY TOGETHER. EVERYONE KNOWS OUR TEAM IS GREAT ON PAPER BUT NO ONE BELEIVES THAT ISIAH CAN GET THEM TO PLAY TOGETHER I THINK WE NEED SOMEONE ON THE BENCH WHO CAN DO THAT

Originally Posted by NYC-BOY
    I THINK WE NEED SOMEONE ON THE BENCH WHO CAN DO THAT
    And who is that?

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    This is easy to answer...Curry will be better than Noah, Aldridge, and Bargnani. Now with Oden, this would be a good question. He has a lot of potential but so does Curry. And it always helps to be 18-19 years old and have such a defensive presence on the floor and an uncapped potential for his offensive abilities. We don't need Durant...we already have enough wing players so he's out of the equation. We needed a big guy and that's what we have in Curry. The only C better than Curry is Yao Ming and Shaq. Curry has to be double team or he's dropping 27 ppg while shooting 55-60% from the field...not too many C demand this amount of attention on the floor. Especially none of those guys you just named...not even Oden or Durant. I like our chances with Curry and I have yet to regret the trade...bigups to Isiah on that
    couldnt have said it better myself. this 08 team is what isiah wanted to build all olong....lets see what we do this season

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    If the Knicks never made the Eddy Curry Trade did we have a chance at getting two of these 4 players: 7.0 Andrea Bargnani, 6.11 LaMarcus Aldridge, 7.0 Greg Oden, and 6.9 Keven Durant, to go along with Frye, Lee, Nate, and Balkman?

Would the Bad play of using just Jerome James as our Starting Center make us a Lottery Team for two straight seasons to have an upcomming young Frontcourt line with the young Players above?
    Would we be building a Future Winning Team with those players?

we ARE built for the future. how many players on the roster can you definitively say have hit their ceiling? i count 7 out of 17. the great thing about this team is that we also have a great shot to win big this season. isiah has done a great job. he decided to make moves instead of sitting around year after year waiting for us to MAYBE get greg oden. he's doing the very best he can with the cap situation. he doesnt need the 1st pick to get a great player in the draft. isiah is the mel kiper of basketball.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Roco
    Interesting way of thinking. But you can't tell what would've happened. The Celtics had one of the worst records in the league last season and they wound up with the 5th pick. Milwaukee got screwed too. So we'll never know.

Kiyaman, you're already unhappy with Isiah. Are you leading us to believe that you'd be happy with Isiah if he tanked two straight seasons just to get a chance at the player you want? What if we didn't get the spot we wanted? Would you still be happy?

I'm not convinced that Barngani or Aldridge would be more valuable to us than Curry right now. Oden, of course, but you heard of his injury. Think Portland is suffering? Let's say we did grab Oden, and he still gets his injury. I bet you'd hear someone bashing Isiah for not making sure he was healthy before he drafted him. Durant would have given almost any team great PR, but if you look at us, we have some quality wing players and the possibility of grabbing Ron Artest soon.

Regardless, we wound up giving trading the 9th pick in this past draft anyway. I would have loved for Isiah to have not put that stipulation in, because we could have kept Curry and put a guy like Noah next to him. But if "ifs and buts" were "candy and nuts", we'd have Christmas everyday. The option to swap picks was something that Paxson demanded. But I don't feel too bad about it.
    Aldridge is better than Curry, all around. He can defend, rebound, shoot the ball, and works in the post; he does all those things well.

Paxson demanded Isiah like a pimp demanding his ho for money...Isiah stays getting pimped.

Did this kid just say that LaMarcus Nurae Aldridge is better than Eddy Curry?? LOL!! I'm done! Somebody ring the bell...this dude just killed himself LOL

Default Aldrige is better then Curry come one

Metro are you just trying to start some bull **** cause if you truly beleive that this guy is better then Curry then i dont think you have any knowledge of the sport. this just dosnt make any sense but like many times Metro you dont make any of that lol ur a mess bro

Yea metro, whatever ur smoking, i need a hit of that....u wud rather build ur team around lamarcus aldridge than eddy curry?????? thats pretty much what ur saying, cuz u build ur team around ur best player. zach randolph is better than aldridege....id even put david lee over aldridge...our whole group of centers and pf's (besised jj) is better than him. He's alright, but that comment is out of order, especially form a knick fan. *shakes head in disgust*

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Both posters have failed miserably to explain why Curry is a better overall big man than Aldridge.

Veteran

I can actually say Curry & Aldridge is even as a Bigman in the NBA.
    Because there is alot one have to look at when comparing Bigmen (comparing Horry to Karl Malone or Ben Wallace is not easy).
    At the end of this 2007-8 season you will be able to compare Curry & Aldridge with know problem. Curry got Zach this season and Aldridge got Frye this season.
    We'll see which Bigman Tandem holds down their team the best?