Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the Knicks better than...

Question Mark Are the Knicks better than...

Detroit
    Miami
    Indiana
    Charlotte
    Orlando
    Cleveland
    Toronto
    Chicago
    New Jersey
    Washington
    Philly
    Atlanta
    Milwaukee
    Boston

Just bored and curious to see what you all think. If you want to get into details feel free but keep it organized, so much info can hurt the eyes.
    If you just want to answer, yes and no then feel free to do so.

No flaming, but try to keep it real.

Default On Paper Hell Yeah

WE HAVE THE BEST TEAM ON PAPER OUT THERE I BELEIVE. EACH MEMBER OF OUR STARTING FIVE COULD EASILY SCORE 20 PLUS POINTS AND NO ONE WOULD BE SURPRISED IF ANY ONE OF THEM WOULD SCORE 30 PLUS POINTS IN A GAME. OUR BENCH IS EXTREMELY DEEP WE HAVE PLAYERS ON OUR BENCH THAT COULD EASILY START FOR MANY TEAMS. OUR PROBLEM IS TEAM WORK PLAYING TOGETHER. MANY PEOPLE BLAME DIFF PLAYERS ON THE TEAM FOR NOT DOING A BETTER JOB EITHER ON DEF OR OFF BUT ITS A BIG PROB THAT THEY DONT PLAY TOGETHER ON EITHER SIDE OF THE COURT. ISIAH HASNT TURNED THIS TEAM INTO A HARD HITTING HALF COURT TEAM THAT HIS DETROIT TEAM WAS. WHEN HE CAME TO NY I THOUGHT THAT WAS WHAT HE WOULD BRING US BACK TO BEING THE HARD HITTING DONT **** WITH ME IN THE PAINT TYPE TEAM BUT I HAVENT SEEN IT. PEOPLE ALSO BLAME MARBURY FOR HOLDING THE BALL TO LONG BUT AS A TEAM PLAYERS NEED TO MOVE INSTEAD OF JUST STANDING THERE WAITING FOR HIM TO DO SOMETHING. I BLAME THE COACH SERIOUSLY HE SHOULD BE CALLING PLAYS FROM THE SIDE LINE OR SOMETHING JUST DONT LET THEM STAND AROUND LEAVING IT UP TO THEM CAUSE THEY DONT DO ANYTHING. OR ATLEAST HAVE A SINGLE GAME PLAN EVERYTIME DOWN AND CALL AUDIBLES LOL FOOTBALL TERM I KNOW WHENEVER NEEDED PASS IT INSIDE HAVE AND PLAY FROM THERE WHEREVER THE DOUBLE TEAM COMES FROM THAT PLAYER SHOULD BE CUTTING OR POSITIONING HIMSELF TO MAKE THE EASY JUMBER AND IF THE DOUBLE DOSNT COME THEN PUNISH THEM DOWN LOW. WE ALSO HAVE A BENCH THAT CAN RUN SO WHEN THE OTHER TEAM IS TIRED WE PUT THE BENCH OUT WITH NATE LEADING THE WAY. NOW WITH DEF HELP ALOT OF GUYS ON THE TEAM ARE NOT GREAT DEFENDERS FOR WHATEVER REASON AND I KNOW WE ALL KNOW EACH PLAYERS PROBLEM BUT WE NEED TO DO WHAT MOST OTHER TEAMS DO AND LOOK AT WHAT TEAM WE ARE ABOUT TO PLAY AND MAKE A PLAN ON HOW WE WILL STOP THEM. I HAVENT SEEN THAT YET WITH NY. SINCE THOMAS BECAME COACH LIKE A GOOD PLAN TO EITHER STOP THERE STAR PLAYER AND MAKE THE OTHER GUYS SCORE OR LET THE STAR PLAYER SCORE AND GO HARD ON THE OTHER PLAYERS. EITHER WAY I THINK THE COACH NEEDS TO DO HIS HOMEWORK A LIL MORE INSTEAD OF JUST PUTTING OUT THE TEAM AND LETTING THEM DO WHAT THEY THINK IS BEST. ON PAPER WE HAVE A CRAZY TEAM. I HOPE WE USE EACH PLAYERS TALENTS AND STRENGTHS TO THER MAX. CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT COMES OF THIS SEASON

I say that we're better than:

Philly
    Atlanta
    Milwaukee
    Charlotte

I think we can be better than:

Indiana
    Orlando
    Washington
    Toronto

Better then:

Atlanta- unless Conaly jr. is J.Kidd no compitition here
    Milwaukee- Redd's not enough
    Charlotte- Who?
    Philly- Wrong A.I.
    Indiana- nobody buying into coaching, star wants out
    Orlando- Howards a beast but no offence in the paint
    Washington- Only way they win is if the hibachi is hot that night

Can beat:

Toronto- Just play tough
    Bosten- run them , run them , run them!!! Make the bench beat us
    Jersey- Tough team double kidd and try not to let him get a tripple double
    Cleveland- Just one player here
    Miami- Old getting older star still hurting
    Detroit- lost a lot with big ben leaving also ageing and bad coaching
    Chicago- I see the Bulls as our toughest challange in the east they are young and talented but still have no low post scoreing threat (ha ha wev'e got two)

Lets go NY this is our season

NYC-BOY is so right about our talent. we've got difference makers 1-17. but i disagree with him when he says its isiah's fault for anything. this team would be no where without isiah and his eye for talent. the guy knows what he's doing. demetrius nichols looks like the next glen rice to me.

the knicks biggest problems in order are:

1) jerome james still being on the roster

2)demetrius nichols not being on the roster yet

3)eddy curry's all around defense

the knicks have better players then all of those teams. they just need to bring it all together so that the great individual talent we have becomes a great unit. ooo man it would be so glorious if we won the east. the writers, the bloggers, and those smug sportscenter anchors, would all be dumbfounded. such vindication would be a religious experience for myself personally. we're in good shape and great hands. this team looks special.
    Last edited by youmakemesick; Sep 19, 2007 at 07:50. Reason: forgot to answer topic

Originally Posted by youmakemesick
    such vindication would be a religious experience for myself personally.
    LOL - i think it would be for all knick fans...we have been through alot, dragged through the mud, beat up, heartbroken - if we were to become dominant again - watch out!

Default true true

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    LOL - i think it would be for all knick fans...we have been through alot, dragged through the mud, beat up, heartbroken - if we were to become dominant again - watch out!
    Yes we have, yes we have... lol

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by youmakemesick
    NYC-BOY is so right about our talent. we've got difference makers 1-17. but i disagree with him when he says its isiah's fault for anything. this team would be no where without isiah and his eye for talent. the guy knows what he's doing. demetrius nichols looks like the next glen rice to me.

the knicks biggest problems in order are:

1) jerome james still being on the roster

2)demetrius nichols not being on the roster yet

3)eddy curry's all around defense

the knicks have better players then all of those teams. they just need to bring it all together so that the great individual talent we have becomes a great unit. ooo man it would be so glorious if we won the east. the writers, the bloggers, and those smug sportscenter anchors, would all be dumbfounded. such vindication would be a religious experience for myself personally. we're in good shape and great hands. this team looks special.
    Indirectly your post just agreed with NYC-BOY (Too much Capitalization to read the entire response).
    Bringing in the talent is a big thing when you know how to put all this talent together in one package.
    Which Isiah did not do such a good job in his first season back to coaching.
    Maybe his second season coaching this team will be a BIG turn around from last season.
    My next Post will give an explicit way on coaching this Knick Roster which does have Offense & Defensive players that need to be playing together at the same time to ballance out decent play on both sides of the court for a decent record this season.

Veteran

Nyk Logo How to Coach this Knick 2007-8 roster

Alot of Knick-Fans seem not to acknowledge that Hustling David Lee compliments C-Eddy Curry on bothsides of the court, especially Lee's hustling defense because he is not a good one on one defender he is a help defender. Which Knick-Fans is not used to seeing since the daze of Knick Coach Pat Riley, giving strong hustling Anthony Mason the majority of Oakley & Larry Johnson playingtime to make it to the FINALS.

I just hope the offseason surgery was a success for Mardy Collins, where he could pickup some speed when moving without the ball on the break and be a finisher like Balkman, Chandler, and Nichols showed in the summer league games with Nate pushing the ball up court at a fast-tempo.

This season Nate & Collins got the chance to be the 3rd and 4th string guards in the rotation. I can wait another season for Collins short jumpers to become accurate, but he need some speed in his movement when without the ball.
    Mardy Collins 6.6 frame is supposed to be the Knicks finisher on the majority of there fastbreaks this season.

What scares me about the Knicks Chemistry this season is the tandem of "Curry & Zach" both needing a defensive frontcourt player alongside of them to defend the oposition scorer.

EXAMPLE: Lambeer had Rodman, Kareem had Rambis, Olyjuwan had Horry, Shaq got Haslem, Rasheed had Ben, Big Z got Gooden. We all know that Duncan only want a defensive Bigman alongside of him to play the C/F-position.
    Who do the Knicks have to defend the (C/F) PAINT area for 30 minutes a game with Zach & Curry getting above 30 MPG?

What is on President/Coach Isiah Thomas mind by getting Two Bigman that has a NBA career of not playing defense (Curry & Zach).
    And to top it off Head Coach Isiah Thomas are going to Start these two defenseless players together in the frontcourt at the beginning of the season to get off to another embarrassing start of the season.
    Or will Isiah notice this halfcourt offensive frontcourt disaster in Training-Camp and the Preseason games and have an injury POP up to either Zach or Curry before the regular season start which would be O.K. with me (because we only need one scoring Bigman in the starting lineup however, cruchtime is different we could use both then)...

P.S. The Knicks Starting Lineup at the start of the Regular Season should automatically be Teammates that know each other talents so they could turn on the aggresive part of their game early together. PG-Marbury, SG-Crawford, SF-Q.Rich, PF-Lee, C-Curry. All 5 (Starting) players will be going into their 3rd season together and should be able to lead this Knick-Team into a .500 season (or more) with the depth they have comming off the bench.
    Making Zach Randolph a 17-10 player off the bench alongside of defensive player Swingman Balkman 12-7 with Nate Robinson 12 points and 4 to 5 assist would make a decent 8-man rotation that can take the lead early in the majority of their games so other players on the roster can get some ample playingtime. This 8-Man rotation have to be played consistently together for the first 20 games so all 8-players know their duties before each game.

I would rather see a 2nd Unit Frontcourt lineup of C-James, PF-Zach, and SF-Balkman at the start of the season with Nate & Collins or Nate & Nichols in the backcourt.
    This Knick Team should start using the 4 to 5 of C-Jerome James hard fouls on oponents in each game this season. And give Demitris Nichols a chance to show off his decent Peremeter Defense at the SG position so our small PG wont be taken advantage of.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by youadmireme2
    Detroit
    Miami
    Indiana
    Charlotte
    Orlando
    Cleveland
    Toronto
    Chicago
    New Jersey
    Washington
    Philly
    Atlanta
    Milwaukee
    Boston

Just bored and curious to see what you all think. If you want to get into details feel free but keep it organized, so much info can hurt the eyes.
    If you just want to answer, yes and no then feel free to do so.

No flaming, but try to keep it real.
    I would not say the Knicks are better than any of the above teams, but the Knicks roster with the right coaching can play each of these teams .500 ball in the WIN-Lost column this season.

Default are you insane?

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I would not say the Knicks are better than any of the above teams, but the Knicks roster with the right coaching can play each of these teams .500 ball in the WIN-Lost column this season.
    you are grossly underestimating the knicks talent. see my signature and my screen name.

Detroit - No
    Miami - Maybe
    Indiana - Yes
    Charlotte - Yes
    Orlando - Maybe
    Cleveland - No
    Toronto - No
    Chicago - No
    New Jersey - No
    Washington - No
    Philly - Yes
    Atlanta - Yes
    Milwaukee - Yes
    Boston - No

The 7 teams that are listed as "No" will definitely make the playoffs. That leaves the Knicks fighting for the 8th spot between the 2 listed as "Maybe"; Miami and Orlando. On paper, the Knicks could be one of the top 4 teams, but that is one of the biggest questions heading into this season. Can Isiah get the talent to play together and reach their potential? If yes, then the Knicks wil dominate and go deep into the playoffs. If no, then the Knicks will struggle to make the playoffs.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    Better then:

Atlanta- unless Conaly jr. is J.Kidd no compitition here
    Atlanta drafted Al Horford... Memphis draft Mike Conley jr do you know anything about this game? recently or no?

So why you saying Atlanta- and having Mike Conley Jr. there?

Nyk Logo

Detroit-maybe
    Miami-yes hell yes
    Indiana-yes
    Charlotte-yes
    Orlando-maybe we have to see rashard
    Cleveland-maybe
    Toronto-yes
    Chicago-maybe not
    New Jersey-yes
    Washington-yes
    Philly-yes
    Atlanta-yes
    Milwaukee-yes
    Boston-?

Originally Posted by gega
    Miami-yes hell yes
    my thoughts EXACTLY. YO! miami has penny hardaway on the roster. they will lose 12 games on his horrible play alone. nothing can save them now. the got the unluckiest penny.