Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are the Knicks better than...

Default We’re As Good As Any Team In The East!!

On paper, the Knicks are as talented (and young) as any team in the East – maybe the league. What we lack is cohesion and consistency. I think it is Isaiah & Mark Aguirre’s job to instill that into this team. I single out Aguirre because he is the heir-apparent to Isaiah as coach of this team – and rightfully so.
    Although I agree with most of the things said concerning the Knicks talent and how they measure up to the other teams in the East, there are two things that I think may have been overlooked when evaluating this team – and I mean by us the fans, not Isaiah:

1) With the addition of Zach Randolph, Jerome James now becomes relevant – hell, even important. His physical presence will help keep some of the defensive heat off Randolph when they play together.

2) The inside play of Randolph & Curry, while both freeing up jump shooters and each other for scoring opportunities, will also put a lot of low post defenders in foul trouble and expose the bench of other teams in the East, which I don’t think can measure up to that of the Knicks.
    <O
    The thing I like about the second point is that it is a way of the Knicks playing defense using their offense. Just like the Knicks, other teams have to defense our guys as well. So, what does 2 dynamic low post scorers like Zach & Eddy do to the defensive rotation of the opposing teams? If their starters at the 4 and 5 positions are primarily scorers, do adjust to defenders in order to offset our threat? If so, doesn’t this take defensive pressure off Zach & Eddy?
    And let’s not forget that Zach is a very good rebounder, which may shame Eddy into doing a little of that himself.
    Defense is a team game. If the Knicks play good team (especially perimeter) defense, I think it will more than offset whatever defensive liabilities that Zach & Eddy may have inside.

Let’s face it Knick Fans, the East has to deal with us this year, that’s for damn sure!!

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    Better then:

Atlanta- unless Conaly jr. is J.Kidd no compitition here
    u mean AC law, and he really not a PG in my eyes, reminds me of a shorter jalen rose

Cool

Originally Posted by theonetruefan
    Let’s face it Knick Fans, the East has to deal with us this year, that’s for damn sure!!
    Oh hell yes, I agree with you... Look Out

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by theonetruefan
    On paper, the Knicks are as talented (and young) as any team in the East – maybe the league. What we lack is cohesion and consistency. I think it is Isaiah & Mark Aguirre’s job to instill that into this team. I single out Aguirre because he is the heir-apparent to Isaiah as coach of this team – and rightfully so.
    Although I agree with most of the things said concerning the Knicks talent and how they measure up to the other teams in the East, there are two things that I think may have been overlooked when evaluating this team – and I mean by us the fans, not Isaiah:

1) With the addition of Zach Randolph, Jerome James now becomes relevant – hell, even important. His physical presence will help keep some of the defensive heat off Randolph when they play together.

2) The inside play of Randolph & Curry, while both freeing up jump shooters and each other for scoring opportunities, will also put a lot of low post defenders in foul trouble and expose the bench of other teams in the East, which I don’t think can measure up to that of the Knicks.
    <O
    The thing I like about the second point is that it is a way of the Knicks playing defense using their offense. Just like the Knicks, other teams have to defense our guys as well. So, what does 2 dynamic low post scorers like Zach & Eddy do to the defensive rotation of the opposing teams? If their starters at the 4 and 5 positions are primarily scorers, do adjust to defenders in order to offset our threat? If so, doesn’t this take defensive pressure off Zach & Eddy?
    And let’s not forget that Zach is a very good rebounder, which may shame Eddy into doing a little of that himself.
    Defense is a team game. If the Knicks play good team (especially perimeter) defense, I think it will more than offset whatever defensive liabilities that Zach & Eddy may have inside.

You made alot of good points especially the Zach & James tandem. Together they could become a great rebounding pair with there big bodies in the paint. Plus James taking the defensive role to Zach offensive role.
    That makes more sense than the Curry & Zach tandem scared to pick up a foul playing defense.
    Everyone keep saying the Knicks will be dynamic with Curry & Zach Offense downlow.
    What need to be mention is who is going to get them the ball? the Knicks had big problems the last two seasons getting the ball into Curry, because of the oposition defending the passing-lane downlow. This is why both Curry & Zach average close to 4 turnovers a game, not to mention alot of turnovers was giving to the passer of Curry & Zach for not stepping up to the pass or bending down lower to receive the pass.
    Marbury averaged 32 MPG with only 5.4 assists last season. Take that into account too.

The Knicks have all the talented players a team needs to WIN more games than they lose this season however, without a plan and complimentary players in a 7 to 9 man rotation the Knicks will be a talented team doomed to failure.

The Knicks Head Coach and his coaching staff did a very poor job last season with organizing a Chemistry for this team. They could not get at least 5 of the 14 players on the roster to co-exist together. When the co-existing Players were right infront of their face.

The performance of Rookies Collins & Balkman were great however, the Mardy Collins & Marbury tandem was awful together when Crawford got injured, the Francis & Marbury Tandem was awful all season long.
    When Marbury got injured and was out of the lineup for good Rookie PG-Mardy Collins showed that he is an upcomming NBA PG with very few negatives he have to iron out of his game. His consistent great performance had old Walt Clyde Frazier wanting to get back in the gym and tutor this rookie player.

My bad, I was thinking of that kid A.C. Law.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Let the season start first. If they aren't any injuries throughout the whole season, we could be a top 8 team.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

We're not the worst team in the East. We could be if we didn't show any improvements from last year. We could be much better than alot of potential playoff teams if we have a slight improvement on the defense, turnovers and overall court awareness.