Toronto
Chicago
New Jersey
Washington
Philly
Atlanta
Milwaukee
Boston

Just bored and curious to see what you all think. If you want to get into details feel free but keep it organized, so much info can hurt the eyes.
If you just want to answer, yes and no then feel free to do so.

No flaming, but try to keep it real.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
On Paper Hell Yeah

WE HAVE THE BEST TEAM ON PAPER OUT THERE I BELEIVE. EACH MEMBER OF OUR STARTING FIVE COULD EASILY SCORE 20 PLUS POINTS AND NO ONE WOULD BE SURPRISED IF ANY ONE OF THEM WOULD SCORE 30 PLUS POINTS IN A GAME. OUR BENCH IS EXTREMELY DEEP WE HAVE PLAYERS ON OUR BENCH THAT COULD EASILY START FOR MANY TEAMS. OUR PROBLEM IS TEAM WORK PLAYING TOGETHER. MANY PEOPLE BLAME DIFF PLAYERS ON THE TEAM FOR NOT DOING A BETTER JOB EITHER ON DEF OR OFF BUT ITS A BIG PROB THAT THEY DONT PLAY TOGETHER ON EITHER SIDE OF THE COURT. ISIAH HASNT TURNED THIS TEAM INTO A HARD HITTING HALF COURT TEAM THAT HIS DETROIT TEAM WAS. WHEN HE CAME TO NY I THOUGHT THAT WAS WHAT HE WOULD BRING US BACK TO BEING THE HARD HITTING DONT FUCK WITH ME IN THE PAINT TYPE TEAM BUT I HAVENT SEEN IT. PEOPLE ALSO BLAME MARBURY FOR HOLDING THE BALL TO LONG BUT AS A TEAM PLAYERS NEED TO MOVE INSTEAD OF JUST STANDING THERE WAITING FOR HIM TO DO SOMETHING. I BLAME THE COACH SERIOUSLY HE SHOULD BE CALLING PLAYS FROM THE SIDE LINE OR SOMETHING JUST DONT LET THEM STAND AROUND LEAVING IT UP TO THEM CAUSE THEY DONT DO ANYTHING. OR ATLEAST HAVE A SINGLE GAME PLAN EVERYTIME DOWN AND CALL AUDIBLES LOL FOOTBALL TERM I KNOW WHENEVER NEEDED PASS IT INSIDE HAVE AND PLAY FROM THERE WHEREVER THE DOUBLE TEAM COMES FROM THAT PLAYER SHOULD BE CUTTING OR POSITIONING HIMSELF TO MAKE THE EASY JUMBER AND IF THE DOUBLE DOSNT COME THEN PUNISH THEM DOWN LOW. WE ALSO HAVE A BENCH THAT CAN RUN SO WHEN THE OTHER TEAM IS TIRED WE PUT THE BENCH OUT WITH NATE LEADING THE WAY. NOW WITH DEF HELP ALOT OF GUYS ON THE TEAM ARE NOT GREAT DEFENDERS FOR WHATEVER REASON AND I KNOW WE ALL KNOW EACH PLAYERS PROBLEM BUT WE NEED TO DO WHAT MOST OTHER TEAMS DO AND LOOK AT WHAT TEAM WE ARE ABOUT TO PLAY AND MAKE A PLAN ON HOW WE WILL STOP THEM. I HAVENT SEEN THAT YET WITH NY. SINCE THOMAS BECAME COACH LIKE A GOOD PLAN TO EITHER STOP THERE STAR PLAYER AND MAKE THE OTHER GUYS SCORE OR LET THE STAR PLAYER SCORE AND GO HARD ON THE OTHER PLAYERS. EITHER WAY I THINK THE COACH NEEDS TO DO HIS HOMEWORK A LIL MORE INSTEAD OF JUST PUTTING OUT THE TEAM AND LETTING THEM DO WHAT THEY THINK IS BEST. ON PAPER WE HAVE A CRAZY TEAM. I HOPE WE USE EACH PLAYERS TALENTS AND STRENGTHS TO THER MAX. CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT COMES OF THIS SEASON

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Roco

Rookie
I say that we're better than:

Philly
Atlanta
Milwaukee
Charlotte

I think we can be better than:

Indiana
Orlando
Washington
Toronto

Better then:

Atlanta- unless Conaly jr. is J.Kidd no compitition here
Milwaukee- Redd's not enough
Charlotte- Who?
Philly- Wrong A.I.
Indiana- nobody buying into coaching, star wants out
Orlando- Howards a beast but no offence in the paint
Washington- Only way they win is if the hibachi is hot that night

Can beat:

Toronto- Just play tough
Bosten- run them , run them , run them!!! Make the bench beat us
Jersey- Tough team double kidd and try not to let him get a tripple double
Cleveland- Just one player here
Miami- Old getting older star still hurting
Detroit- lost a lot with big ben leaving also ageing and bad coaching
Chicago- I see the Bulls as our toughest challange in the east they are young and talented but still have no low post scoreing threat (ha ha wev'e got two)

Lets go NY this is our season:)

NYC-BOY is so right about our talent. we've got difference makers 1-17. but i disagree with him when he says its isiah's fault for anything. this team would be no where without isiah and his eye for talent. the guy knows what he's doing. demetrius nichols looks like the next glen rice to me.

the knicks biggest problems in order are:

1) jerome james still being on the roster

2)demetrius nichols not being on the roster yet

3)eddy curry's all around defense

the knicks have better players then all of those teams. they just need to bring it all together so that the great individual talent we have becomes a great unit. ooo man it would be so glorious if we won the east. the writers, the bloggers, and those smug sportscenter anchors, would all be dumbfounded. such vindication would be a religious experience for myself personally. we're in good shape and great hands. this team looks special.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
NYC-BOY is so right about our talent. we've got difference makers 1-17. but i disagree with him when he says its isiah's fault for anything. this team would be no where without isiah and his eye for talent. the guy knows what he's doing. demetrius nichols looks like the next glen rice to me.

the knicks biggest problems in order are:

1) jerome james still being on the roster

2)demetrius nichols not being on the roster yet

3)eddy curry's all around defense

the knicks have better players then all of those teams. they just need to bring it all together so that the great individual talent we have becomes a great unit. ooo man it would be so glorious if we won the east. the writers, the bloggers, and those smug sportscenter anchors, would all be dumbfounded. such vindication would be a religious experience for myself personally. we're in good shape and great hands. this team looks special.

Indirectly your post just agreed with NYC-BOY (Too much Capitalization to read the entire response).
Bringing in the talent is a big thing when you know how to put all this talent together in one package.
Which Isiah did not do such a good job in his first season back to coaching.
Maybe his second season coaching this team will be a BIG turn around from last season.
My next Post will give an explicit way on coaching this Knick Roster which does have Offense & Defensive players that need to be playing together at the same time to ballance out decent play on both sides of the court for a decent record this season.

Kiyaman

Legend
How to Coach this Knick 2007-8 roster

Alot of Knick-Fans seem not to acknowledge that Hustling David Lee compliments C-Eddy Curry on bothsides of the court, especially Lee's hustling defense because he is not a good one on one defender he is a help defender. Which Knick-Fans is not used to seeing since the daze of Knick Coach Pat Riley, giving strong hustling Anthony Mason the majority of Oakley & Larry Johnson playingtime to make it to the FINALS.

I just hope the offseason surgery was a success for Mardy Collins, where he could pickup some speed when moving without the ball on the break and be a finisher like Balkman, Chandler, and Nichols showed in the summer league games with Nate pushing the ball up court at a fast-tempo.

This season Nate & Collins got the chance to be the 3rd and 4th string guards in the rotation. I can wait another season for Collins short jumpers to become accurate, but he need some speed in his movement when without the ball.
Mardy Collins 6.6 frame is supposed to be the Knicks finisher on the majority of there fastbreaks this season.

What scares me about the Knicks Chemistry this season is the tandem of "Curry & Zach" both needing a defensive frontcourt player alongside of them to defend the oposition scorer.

EXAMPLE: Lambeer had Rodman, Kareem had Rambis, Olyjuwan had Horry, Shaq got Haslem, Rasheed had Ben, Big Z got Gooden. We all know that Duncan only want a defensive Bigman alongside of him to play the C/F-position.
Who do the Knicks have to defend the (C/F) PAINT area for 30 minutes a game with Zach & Curry getting above 30 MPG?

What is on President/Coach Isiah Thomas mind by getting Two Bigman that has a NBA career of not playing defense (Curry & Zach).
And to top it off Head Coach Isiah Thomas are going to Start these two defenseless players together in the frontcourt at the beginning of the season to get off to another embarrassing start of the season.
Or will Isiah notice this halfcourt offensive frontcourt disaster in Training-Camp and the Preseason games and have an injury POP up to either Zach or Curry before the regular season start which would be O.K. with me (because we only need one scoring Bigman in the starting lineup however, cruchtime is different we could use both then)...

P.S. The Knicks Starting Lineup at the start of the Regular Season should automatically be Teammates that know each other talents so they could turn on the aggresive part of their game early together. PG-Marbury, SG-Crawford, SF-Q.Rich, PF-Lee, C-Curry. All 5 (Starting) players will be going into their 3rd season together and should be able to lead this Knick-Team into a .500 season (or more) with the depth they have comming off the bench.
Making Zach Randolph a 17-10 player off the bench alongside of defensive player Swingman Balkman 12-7 with Nate Robinson 12 points and 4 to 5 assist would make a decent 8-man rotation that can take the lead early in the majority of their games so other players on the roster can get some ample playingtime. This 8-Man rotation have to be played consistently together for the first 20 games so all 8-players know their duties before each game.

I would rather see a 2nd Unit Frontcourt lineup of C-James, PF-Zach, and SF-Balkman at the start of the season with Nate & Collins or Nate & Nichols in the backcourt.
This Knick Team should start using the 4 to 5 of C-Jerome James hard fouls on oponents in each game this season. And give Demitris Nichols a chance to show off his decent Peremeter Defense at the SG position so our small PG wont be taken advantage of.

Kiyaman

Legend
Detroit
Miami
Indiana
Charlotte
Orlando
Cleveland
Toronto
Chicago
New Jersey
Washington
Philly
Atlanta
Milwaukee
Boston

Just bored and curious to see what you all think. If you want to get into details feel free but keep it organized, so much info can hurt the eyes.
If you just want to answer, yes and no then feel free to do so.

No flaming, but try to keep it real.

I would not say the Knicks are better than any of the above teams, but the Knicks roster with the right coaching can play each of these teams .500 ball in the WIN-Lost column this season.

are you insane?

I would not say the Knicks are better than any of the above teams, but the Knicks roster with the right coaching can play each of these teams .500 ball in the WIN-Lost column this season.

you are grossly underestimating the knicks talent. see my signature and my screen name.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Detroit - No
Miami - Maybe
Indiana - Yes
Charlotte - Yes
Orlando - Maybe
Cleveland - No
Toronto - No
Chicago - No
New Jersey - No
Washington - No
Philly - Yes
Atlanta - Yes
Milwaukee - Yes
Boston - No

The 7 teams that are listed as "No" will definitely make the playoffs. That leaves the Knicks fighting for the 8th spot between the 2 listed as "Maybe"; Miami and Orlando. On paper, the Knicks could be one of the top 4 teams, but that is one of the biggest questions heading into this season. Can Isiah get the talent to play together and reach their potential? If yes, then the Knicks wil dominate and go deep into the playoffs. If no, then the Knicks will struggle to make the playoffs.

gega

Rookie
Detroit-maybe
Miami-yes hell yes
Indiana-yes
Charlotte-yes
Orlando-maybe we have to see rashard
Cleveland-maybe
Toronto-yes
Chicago-maybe not
New Jersey-yes
Washington-yes
Philly-yes
Atlanta-yes
Milwaukee-yes
Boston-?
:fire:

We?re As Good As Any Team In The East!!

On paper, the Knicks are as talented (and young) as any team in the East – maybe the league. What we lack is cohesion and consistency. I think it is Isaiah & Mark Aguirre’s job to instill that into this team. I single out Aguirre because he is the heir-apparent to Isaiah as coach of this team – and rightfully so.
Although I agree with most of the things said concerning the Knicks talent and how they measure up to the other teams in the East, there are two things that I think may have been overlooked when evaluating this team – and I mean by us the fans, not Isaiah:

1) With the addition of Zach Randolph, Jerome James now becomes relevant – hell, even important. His physical presence will help keep some of the defensive heat off Randolph when they play together.

2) The inside play of Randolph & Curry, while both freeing up jump shooters and each other for scoring opportunities, will also put a lot of low post defenders in foul trouble and expose the bench of other teams in the East, which I don’t think can measure up to that of the Knicks.
<O:p
The thing I like about the second point is that it is a way of the Knicks playing defense using their offense. Just like the Knicks, other teams have to defense our guys as well. So, what does 2 dynamic low post scorers like Zach & Eddy do to the defensive rotation of the opposing teams? If their starters at the 4 and 5 positions are primarily scorers, do adjust to defenders in order to offset our threat? If so, doesn’t this take defensive pressure off Zach & Eddy?
And let’s not forget that Zach is a very good rebounder, which may shame Eddy into doing a little of that himself.
Defense is a team game. If the Knicks play good team (especially perimeter) defense, I think it will more than offset whatever defensive liabilities that Zach & Eddy may have inside.

Let’s face it Knick Fans, the East has to deal with us this year, that’s for damn sure!!

Kiyaman

Legend
On paper, the Knicks are as talented (and young) as any team in the East ? maybe the league. What we lack is cohesion and consistency. I think it is Isaiah & Mark Aguirre?s job to instill that into this team. I single out Aguirre because he is the heir-apparent to Isaiah as coach of this team ? and rightfully so.
Although I agree with most of the things said concerning the Knicks talent and how they measure up to the other teams in the East, there are two things that I think may have been overlooked when evaluating this team ? and I mean by us the fans, not Isaiah:

1) With the addition of Zach Randolph, Jerome James now becomes relevant ? hell, even important. His physical presence will help keep some of the defensive heat off Randolph when they play together.

2) The inside play of Randolph & Curry, while both freeing up jump shooters and each other for scoring opportunities, will also put a lot of low post defenders in foul trouble and expose the bench of other teams in the East, which I don?t think can measure up to that of the Knicks.
<O:p
The thing I like about the second point is that it is a way of the Knicks playing defense using their offense. Just like the Knicks, other teams have to defense our guys as well. So, what does 2 dynamic low post scorers like Zach & Eddy do to the defensive rotation of the opposing teams? If their starters at the 4 and 5 positions are primarily scorers, do adjust to defenders in order to offset our threat? If so, doesn?t this take defensive pressure off Zach & Eddy?
And let?s not forget that Zach is a very good rebounder, which may shame Eddy into doing a little of that himself.
Defense is a team game. If the Knicks play good team (especially perimeter) defense, I think it will more than offset whatever defensive liabilities that Zach & Eddy may have inside.

Let?s face it Knick Fans, the East has to deal with us this year, that?s for damn sure!!

You made alot of good points especially the Zach & James tandem. Together they could become a great rebounding pair with there big bodies in the paint. Plus James taking the defensive role to Zach offensive role.
That makes more sense than the Curry & Zach tandem scared to pick up a foul playing defense.
Everyone keep saying the Knicks will be dynamic with Curry & Zach Offense downlow.
What need to be mention is who is going to get them the ball? the Knicks had big problems the last two seasons getting the ball into Curry, because of the oposition defending the passing-lane downlow. This is why both Curry & Zach average close to 4 turnovers a game, not to mention alot of turnovers was giving to the passer of Curry & Zach for not stepping up to the pass or bending down lower to receive the pass.
Marbury averaged 32 MPG with only 5.4 assists last season. Take that into account too.

The Knicks have all the talented players a team needs to WIN more games than they lose this season however, without a plan and complimentary players in a 7 to 9 man rotation the Knicks will be a talented team doomed to failure.

The Knicks Head Coach and his coaching staff did a very poor job last season with organizing a Chemistry for this team. They could not get at least 5 of the 14 players on the roster to co-exist together. When the co-existing Players were right infront of their face.

The performance of Rookies Collins & Balkman were great however, the Mardy Collins & Marbury tandem was awful together when Crawford got injured, the Francis & Marbury Tandem was awful all season long.
When Marbury got injured and was out of the lineup for good Rookie PG-Mardy Collins showed that he is an upcomming NBA PG with very few negatives he have to iron out of his game. His consistent great performance had old Walt Clyde Frazier wanting to get back in the gym and tutor this rookie player.