Would u agree that being aKnicks fan is...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
like being a Redsox fan b4 the recently won? (yankee fan here) I dont know about all of you but I bleed orange and blue and Im tired of being mocked by all of sports. (probably worst franchise in American sports right now)

On a side note I hated growing up with fake ass Bulls fans that jumped ship when MJ retired. Why cant the Knicks be worthy of bandwagoneers?...sigh...end rant!

Knicks1stLady

Benchwarmer
:agreed:they act like I said a curse when I say I love the Knicks. Like you I bleed orange and blue...Win or Lose I'm a die hard fan..I LOVE MY TEAM:gony:

Red Sox or Cubs , they both have a very loyal fan base no matter how much they lose. Those are real fans. I would have to agree that their like Knick fans in their loyalty to the team. I also hated the fake ass bulls fans of the 90's who talked a lot of sh.. about the Knicks but knew nothing about the rivalry.

mArBuRyIsAmOrOn

Benchwarmer
Being a Knick Fan

Is pure torture when you have complete ineptitude the likes of James Dolan and Isiah Thomas involved in the management of the team. It totally makes me want to :barf:vomit

Real Knick Fans Stand Up!!!

I am a child of the late 60?s and the 70?s. I remember what it was like to compete for the title every year. I am also familiar with not competing for titles and I have remained a loyal Knick fan throughout. I must also add that I am a loyal Jet and Yankee fan, so I?m no stranger to disappointment. Remember, the Yankees weren?t so good in the late 60?s and early 70?s.
That being said, there are fans, and there are fans!! Cubs fans are fans. Red Sox fans are fans. And yes, Jet fans are fans.
Now, I?ve had to deal with all these frontrunners, these fans of teams that happen to be in power at the time they choose them as their favorites. I?ve dealt with the 49ers fans in the ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:State w:st=
Montana</st1:State> heyday, the Bulls fans in the <ST1:p<st1:country-region w:st="on">Jordan</st1:country-region></ST1:p day, etc. Half of these fans couldn?t pick <st1:State w:st="on">California</st1:State> or <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:pIllinois</ST1:p</st1:State> off a map. Most have either never been to any of their teams? games or even visited the state where their team plays! Just try and find a 49er fan now. Fake Bull fans use the breakup of the team after their last championship as the reason for jumping ship.
<O:p
Hey, I?m a Knick fan and I hate the Boston Celtics. My sister went to school in <st1:State w:st="on">Massachusetts</st1:State> and I didn?t speak to her until she graduated and came back to <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:pNew York</ST1:p</st1:State>! I hated Patrick Ewing until I heard the words ??the second pick of the 1985 NBA Draft Lottery goes to the Indiana Pacers.?
And as for these so-called Knick fans that spend their time bashing the players and the management, do us all a favor, become San Antonio Spur fans or Celtic fans. I don?t care what James Dolan does, I?m not a James Dolan fan, I?m a Knick fan. If I have a problem with a player, I deal with that problem. If Marbury does not play up to par, he is not a bum. He is a player who is not playing up to par, as so many players in the league do not! I grew up around the Marbury family and I know the commitment he has to his people and to the city. As great a player as LeBron James is, I?ll take Stephon in my corner over that money-mad fool any day! I mean Greg Anthony came to <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:pNew York</ST1:p</st1:State>, did some charity work and they loved him to death. He was a decent player, but he?s no Stephon Marbury. The difference is That Stephon speaks up, Anthony waited until he got behind an announcers? desk to speak his mind, which is a lot easier and doesn?t leave him open to the criticism Stephon had to face.

As for Isaiah, who else could have built the team he has with what he?s been given? Add to that a demanding fan base that wants to win now, and you got one hell of a job done by Isaiah. Maybe he?s not the best coach, but somebody had to rescue us from Larry Brown, and these ?name? coaches are scared to come to <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:pNew York</ST1:p</st1:State> and get exposed as the frauds they really are (you listening Larry?). That problem will be rectified once Mark Aguirre takes over as head coach.
So, to all you Knick bashers posing as Knick fans: maybe you should switch to the Spurs for a couple of years until we?re ready for our string of title runs. We won?t miss you. We didn?t miss you when you rode the Bulls jock, and we won?t miss you now!!

Knicks1stLady

Benchwarmer
I am a child of the late 60?s and the 70?s. I remember what it was like to compete for the title every year. I am also familiar with not competing for titles and I have remained a loyal Knick fan throughout. I must also add that I am a loyal Jet and Yankee fan, so I?m no stranger to disappointment. Remember, the Yankees weren?t so good in the late 60?s and early 70?s.
That being said, there are fans, and there are fans!! Cubs fans are fans. Red Sox fans are fans. And yes, Jet fans are fans.
Now, I?ve had to deal with all these frontrunners, these fans of teams that happen to be in power at the time they choose them as their favorites. I?ve dealt with the 49ers fans in the ffice:smarttags" /><st1:state w:st="[/IMG]Montana</st1:State"> heyday, the Bulls fans in the <st1>:p<st1:country-region w:st="on">Jordan</st1:country-region></st1>:p day, etc. Half of these fans couldn?t pick <st1:state w:st="on">California</st1:state> or <st1:state w:st="on"><st1>:pIllinois</st1>:p</st1:state> off a map. Most have either never been to any of their teams? games or even visited the state where their team plays! Just try and find a 49er fan now. Fake Bull fans use the breakup of the team after their last championship as the reason for jumping ship.
<o>:p
Hey, I?m a Knick fan and I hate the Boston Celtics. My sister went to school in <st1:state w:st="on">Massachusetts</st1:state> and I didn?t speak to her until she graduated and came back to <st1:state w:st="on"><st1>:pNew York</st1>:p</st1:state>! I hated Patrick Ewing until I heard the words ??the second pick of the 1985 NBA Draft Lottery goes to the Indiana Pacers.?
And as for these so-called Knick fans that spend their time bashing the players and the management, do us all a favor, become San Antonio Spur fans or Celtic fans. I don?t care what James Dolan does, I?m not a James Dolan fan, I?m a Knick fan. If I have a problem with a player, I deal with that problem. If Marbury does not play up to par, he is not a bum. He is a player who is not playing up to par, as so many players in the league do not! I grew up around the Marbury family and I know the commitment he has to his people and to the city. As great a player as LeBron James is, I?ll take Stephon in my corner over that money-mad fool any day! I mean Greg Anthony came to <st1:state w:st="on"><st1>:pNew York</st1>:p</st1:state>, did some charity work and they loved him to death. He was a decent player, but he?s no Stephon Marbury. The difference is That Stephon speaks up, Anthony waited until he got behind an announcers? desk to speak his mind, which is a lot easier and doesn?t leave him open to the criticism Stephon had to face.

As for Isaiah, who else could have built the team he has with what he?s been given? Add to that a demanding fan base that wants to win now, and you got one hell of a job done by Isaiah. Maybe he?s not the best coach, but somebody had to rescue us from Larry Brown, and these ?name? coaches are scared to come to <st1:state w:st="on"><st1>:pNew York</st1>:p</st1:state> and get exposed as the frauds they really are (you listening Larry?). That problem will be rectified once Mark Aguirre takes over as head coach.
So, to all you Knick bashers posing as Knick fans: maybe you should switch to the Spurs for a couple of years until we?re ready for our string of title runs. We won?t miss you. We didn?t miss you when you rode the Bulls jock, and we won?t miss you now!!

:agreed: u :peace::beer:

</o></o></o></st1:state>

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
like being a Redsox fan b4 the recently won? (yankee fan here) I dont know about all of you but I bleed orange and blue and Im tired of being mocked by all of sports. (probably worst franchise in American sports right now)

On a side note I hated growing up with fake ass Bulls fans that jumped ship when MJ retired. Why cant the Knicks be worthy of bandwagoneers?...sigh...end rant!

I am also a yankee fan, even though i'am a Jersey boy, i have always been a die hard knick fan, through win or lose, ive heard others bash the knicks. I still support them 100% and i'am still a huge fan, living in denver being a knicks fan makes it even harder. But yeah the knicks are worthy of a bandwagon, i know most everyone on this forum are knicks fans, i wish all basketball fans were knicks fans!

One true knick fan that was a great post. If you know Steph or a lot about him could you explain to me why he acts a little crazy when there is a camera around?(no disrespect)

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Well maybe not

Alright Alright im guilty i was a jordan fan back in the day i was like 12 13 but after his first retiremnt yeah i jumped ship and came back to NY and rutted for the Knicks after he retired the first time. Sorry people i know everyone has a problem with this but my excuse is the first time i was able to see a live game wasnt in NY cause back then it was impossible almost to get a ticket so i wa able to get a NJ ticket and guess who they were playing. Everyone who ever seen him play especially live he was amazing and as a lit dude hey my bad. But its not fair to say i jumped ship because to tell you the truth the knicks although every year went to the playoffs they didnt always do so well so when i got older and realized i love NY i became a crazy die hard knicks fan and throughought it all i wish i routed for them earlier but it didnt work out that way. But for know to all the knicks fans from birth hey im hear now screaming during every play at the television and acting a fool whenever i get a chance to go to the GARDEN.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

metrocard

Legend
Alright Alright im guilty i was a jordan fan back in the day i was like 12 13 but after his first retiremnt yeah i jumped ship and came back to NY and rutted for the Knicks after he retired the first time. Sorry people i know everyone has a problem with this but my excuse is the first time i was able to see a live game wasnt in NY cause back then it was impossible almost to get a ticket so i wa able to get a NJ ticket and guess who they were playing. Everyone who ever seen him play especially live he was amazing and as a lit dude hey my bad. But its not fair to say i jumped ship because to tell you the truth the knicks although every year went to the playoffs they didnt always do so well so when i got older and realized i love NY i became a crazy die hard knicks fan and throughought it all i wish i routed for them earlier but it didnt work out that way. But for know to all the knicks fans from birth hey im hear now screaming during every play at the television and acting a fool whenever i get a chance to go to the GARDEN.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:barf::barf::barf:

onetrue sounds more like Isiah's son than a Knick fan. How can you not care about James Dolan? He's the mastermind of the mess we're in right now.

Steph?s Problem Is?

…The same as everybody else!! Let’s be realistic: everybody acts stupid from time to time. The only difference between us and celebrities is that they are in the public eye. Now, we all know that, whatever the sport, athletes cannot afford to be outspoken without risking getting cut off at the knees. What an athlete says that is considered controversial, in most cases is something we all think about from time to time – they are just not supposed to say it out loud because of the responsibility they have to their fans.
Charles Barkley had it wrong when he said he is not a role model. As long as some kid is wearing his jersey (in Barkley’s case, it happened to be my son!), buying his sneakers, or even invoking his name in an imaginary playoff game in the backyard, he has a responsibility to uphold, whether he likes it or not. When Barkley speaks, he is considered controversial, yet everybody can identify with his comments.
One year while playing with the Sixers, as training camp neared the end and the last cut had to be made, it came down to a black guy and a white guy. Although the Sixers were predominantly a black squad, when the black guy got cut Barkley said “you know they had to keep a white guy”. Tim McCormick was the only white guy to get out of the Sixers’ camp that year (If I’m correct). It didn’t really matter which player was kept, and I get the feeling Barkley knew that. He simply wanted to be controversial because it is what is expected of him.
Personally, strictly as a fan only, I don’t give a damn what any athlete says. As long as his actions prove he is a solid citizen, which Marbury’s launching of his sneaker and clothing line and his extremely positive presence in the ‘hood has proven, then the rest of that stuff is just press propaganda designed to keep Marbury in the role of the uncoachable, loser headcase.
Person knowledge aside, I am a big fan of Stephon Marbury. He’s a man. He has all the virtues and the faults of a man, and he is to be respected. As maligned as he is, when all is said and done, most guards in the NBA would kill for Stephon’s career numbers. He’s been a 20-10, 20-8 guy his whole career.
People are going to criticize Steph, and he’ll give them that ‘f--- you’ demeanor that they hate so much, like any of us would. Good for him!!
Go Steph!!
Ah, Metrocard, what mess? We have one of the more talented and young, up-and-coming teams in the NBA. Please tell me how Larry Frontrunner (Brown) could have done a better job as GM, which is what he was pushing for by trying to make deals behind Isaiah’s back. I mean, would you really rather have a bunch of over-the-hill ex-stars trying to recapture their youth at the expense of the Knicks' future?

Really, people, you need to get off that James Dolan garbage and look at the players in this lineup and compare them with the lineups in the rest of the league. If you judge the Knicks just by the turn over in the lineup, all the while being severely over the cap, James Dolan is a hero!! By the way, I work for a living!! Do you really expect your boss to not say anything about your production at work? I went through this s--- with the criticism of George Steinbrenner, I’m not going through this with James Dolan!! HE OWNS THE <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:State w:st=
NEW YORK</ST1:p</st1:State> KNICKS!!! Until you purchase the team, get over yourself!!
</O:p

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
This been said the last 3 years, don't you get tired repeating the same thing? Young and talented? I'm not down for 20-30 wins again. Give me players who can get the W.

How do you not care or take notice of the owner of your team, what the hell? You're mad weird. Whats the point of following the Knicks then? I look at every aspect possible related to the Knicks, almost as a sick obsession.

mArBuRyIsAmOrOn

Benchwarmer
Greatness is in the past

I grew up watching and rooting for the Knicks as a rabid die hard fan thru the Willis Reed, Walt Frazier, Bill Bradley, Dave DeBusschere, Jerry Lucas, Earl Monroe era, which makes seeing what James Dolan and Isiah Thomas have caused the franchise to evolve into that much more sickening to endure. The reason people are capable of supporting these two clowns is because they don't have a clue as to how truly great this team once was. Past tense.