More 07-08 News

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Well, I bought a 2007-2008 Pro Basketball mag. I dont recommend it, but if you want to read that bullshit go ahead and buy. Once again a Projected Type magazine got me upset saying that we are going to be 31-51 4th in Atlantic. It said Stephon Lost his mind, Nate can't play on any team and be effective, Balkman does not have the skill to play big minutes. D Lee is a energy type player and is blocked By Z Bo and ECs minutes. Z Bo will take away ECs Rebounds, Z Bo will shoot the midrange jumper, and wont be consistent. Both EC And Z Bo will clog the line.

If you want to know anybodies STATs that is projected just ask, but I am not liking they have to say about our team.

They also say Yao will be MVP. and Houston will take the title from the Cavs.

Nobody ever has anything positive to say about the Knicks so when we are a lot better than what the so called experts are saying it will be ever so sweet to hear them jumping on the band wagon and saying how much improved the Knicks have gotten. I would like to hear what Stephen A. Smith has to say about the Knicks even though he's a homer most of the time he's realistic about the Knicks.

GetRealistic

Starter
Can you really blame the magazines? What have we done in the past decade to warrant a positive prediction. Also Marbury has lost his mind. But anyway if i had to predict today without seeing any preseason games i'd have to say 40-42 or something in that range.

Can you really blame the magazines? What have we done in the past decade to warrant a positive prediction. Also Marbury has lost his mind. But anyway if i had to predict today without seeing any preseason games i'd have to say 40-42 or something in that range.

the so-called journalist writing the prediction shouldn't be basing his worthless opinion on the past decade. base the prediction on the past 3 months. this roster on paper is a championship team. and the only information available for them to write about is what the team looks like on paper. they're prediction is ridiculously pessimistic. its the safe pick because if u say that they're gonna be great and they suck, ur an ass. this is not a prediction, its a regurgitation of every other sports writer's opinion who was too lazy or too stupid to see our roster is stacked with talent.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I haven't read the article but from how it was described, it sounds a lot like what I read in a hand full of posts and the Daily News.

Regarding Marbury, I think he's found God or some kind of spirituality and that in people with low education some times resymbolizes insanity. Not to put down religion but I think we all know some crazy church folk. That's not to say that he doesn't have a good heart. He seems to really want to help the working class, which is a lot more than many NBA players are doing. It could be said that his giving attitude may be reflected to his giving on the court. If that is to be the case then I couldn't care less about what he says in interviews. It's just more publicity for the garden.

Starks

Starter
ESPN ranks us at 10 in the East.

It's not really disrespect... its just logic. The east got stronger, thats all it comes down to.

Kiyaman

Legend
If you are a True Orange and Blue Knick Fan or a New York Sports Fan than you should have been expecting this kind of Article from alot of Sports Writers and Magazines. This is why the New York Fans go to the stadium to base their RAGE on the New York Team and its Players.

The Knick Experience may brighten up your day: Click

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/knicksexperience.html?rss=true

No offense to Isiah Thomas Starters but ......... watching
"The Knicks Experience" the 2nd unit of Hard-Hustling Bench Players of Nate Robinson, Collins, Balkman, Chandler, and David Lee is a 40 WIN chemistry of backup players that has the potential (if given) to control all the Knicks WINS.

I know alot of our young energy players (Morris, Chandler, Nichols, Collins, Balkman, Nate, and Lee) may not get much burn of playingtime this season because of all the playingtime (experiment) that will be given to players Curry, Zach, Jefferies, and Isiah's LUV of Fred Jones, inwhich Sports Writers are predicting that Isiah will do more "PROMOTING" his top favorite players by giving them way to much playingtime than they deserve which will lead into a 31-51 season.

No one thinks or sees Isiah Thomas as selecting the best co-existing players on this 17 man roster that plays well together on both sides of the court to break them down into a 8-Man rotation (to add more WINS than Loses).
People know Isiah's ego will make him try to prove that his offseason selection of Zach Randolph & Fred Jones, plus lastseason failure Jared Jefferies will be his main priority at the start of this season which will start off to a losing season.

Sports Writers are also looking at Isiah Thomas past season of coaching experiments with players that did not work out and Isiah kept forcing the square peg into the round hole for 20 or more games (Marbury & Francis, Curry & Frye, Curry & Jefferies, and the three guard unit he played the entire first half of the season that was terrible.).

Isiah Thomas did not give any Sport Writer Confidence in him having a .500 season as a President/G.M./Coach.

Kiyaman

Legend
Morris is making a strong impression

September 20,2007​

During a break in the Rookie Transition Program yesterday, I noticed Randolph Morris reaching for a snack. It sure looks as though he spent a portion of the summer consuming the right kind of calories. He showed up with trophy arms last season, but is clearly more defined in all of the right places.

The baby fat is gone. The extra bulk will help.

?I hope so, I hope so,? Morris said, while ?I?ve been working out and taking care of my body.?

He?s going to need the muscle to lean on Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry in practice.

Wilson Chandler has been training and playing in Atlanta most of the summer, but will soon be settling into a temporary apartment in Westchester until a new condo is built. He?s been stopping in at the MSG Training Center every once in a while, too. Getting some court time with veteran teammates is always helpful.

?They?ve been easing me into things,? Chandler said. ?They?ve been telling me kind of what I can expect from Zeke. They?ve been telling me, no matter what, keep playing hard and stay positive because he likes that.?

Chandler only needs to ask Renaldo Balkman for confirmation there.

Demetris Nichols remains in a holding pattern.

While he confirmed there have not been any contract negotiations, it appears the second-rounder with long-distance range will be in training camp with the Knicks.

?I?m definitely going to Charleston,? Nichols said.

And playing a year in Europe is no longer an option?

?Right,? Nichols said. ?I?m not even talking about that.?

I?m not sure if the declining production is a result of a bad attitude or a bad knee, and the cost involved seems a bit ridiculous, but Andrei Kirilenko is asking the Utah Jazz for a trade. He did the deed via blog, citing a frayed relationship with coach Jerry Sloan. This guy fills a few of the most glaring needs on the Knicks? roster. Any takers? Utah will undoubtedly start the discussion by asking for David Lee or Renaldo Balkman.

As for the open practice, the Knicks will be on the court at Hofstra for all to see, but I?m told a date is still being finalized. They appear to be looking at the last two weeks in October.

He?s not late by any means, but Zach Randolph still has not been seen working out with new teammates at the MSG Training Facility.

This is what I mean by players that Isiah Thomas trade for who comes to New York with that "Layed back Attitude" with an essential expectation of they need me more than I need them. I Fire workers like that!
I could never make Players that got traded in June and never showed interest in being apart of 9 Knick scrimmage games in the offseason a "STARTER".
Incomming traded players like that have to earn their playingtime comming off the bench with hard athletic desire to WIN.
And over 85% of the Players Isiah traded for has come to the Knicks with that type of attitude, forgetting they will be entertaining in the "MECCA" (MSG) as a HOME Team Player where oponents come and play their best hard B-Ball (from H.S., College, and NBA).

The only way I would put Zach Randolph in the starting lineup is if he showed he was the best Team-Player in Training-Camp, Preseason Games, and in the Lockerroom
surprised.gif
. If he does this than I will Start "Promoting" Zach Randolph as a Knick Star Player Publically with Posters.

Other than that Zach Randolph is just another Star Player the Knicks picked up that put up exciting numbers on his previous teams like Mcdyess, Baker, Marbury, Tim Thomas, Taylor, James, Davis, Q.Rich, Curry, Jalen Rose, and Francis.
They all did a very poor-poor job as a Starter their first season with the Knicks (we learn from our mistakes).

Another reason why I would not put Zach Randolph in the Starting Lineup anytime soon is the steady improvement of PF-David Lee alongside Eddy Curry.
There is no way on this earth that Zach Randolph (first season) will play as good or as well with his new Knick Teammates as David Lee will this season (No matter how much Zach scores or rebound this season).
David Lee outstanding Complimentary Performance, co-existing with all his Knick Teammates on both sides of the court will "Out-Shine" all of this Knicks Roster this season...

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Great Post

DAMN I COULDNT SAY IT BETTER MYSELF GOOD POST BRO

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

Toons

is the Bo$$
i disagree.....lee wont be gettin the pt he deserves.... an curry will b the shining star again thhis year

pat

Starter
Well, I bought a 2007-2008 Pro Basketball mag. I dont recommend it, but if you want to read that bullshit go ahead and buy. Once again a Projected Type magazine got me upset saying that we are going to be 31-51 4th in Atlantic. It said Stephon Lost his mind, Nate can't play on any team and be effective, Balkman does not have the skill to play big minutes. D Lee is a energy type player and is blocked By Z Bo and ECs minutes. Z Bo will take away ECs Rebounds, Z Bo will shoot the midrange jumper, and wont be consistent. Both EC And Z Bo will clog the line.

If you want to know anybodies STATs that is projected just ask, but I am not liking they have to say about our team.

They also say Yao will be MVP. and Houston will take the title from the Cavs.

You can all complain about that mag but actually I think they are right. I cannot see how the components of the Knicks can possibly fit together, our "floor general" lost where ever he played, our big man cannot defend, and I don't see any player on the team with a decent passing game.

I would really like to be proved wrong but I don't see a +0.500 season ahead of us.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Nah. I just think people have really dull and boring lives. When they see Marbury having fun, they call him crazy.

Marbury is a knucklehead. Plain and simple. I wish he didn't speak publically, because everytime he does, I cringe and feel ashamed to be a Knick fan.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury is a knucklehead. Plain and simple. I wish he didn't speak publically, because everytime he does, I cringe and feel ashamed to be a Knick fan.

Then go root for the Nuggets. Marbury is 100% Knick. People are too sensitive to what he says.