Hoopsworld article: Knicks training camp preview

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This is a good article. Long as hell, but good.

That is an undeniably potent offensive unit. Curry - utilizing a rare combination of size, strength, and agility - is developing into a dominant force in the paint. Last season, Curry started to fulfill the promise that had been evident for a long time. However, he eventually began to wear down under the weight of constant double-teams. In 2007-2008 that shouldn?t be as much of a problem because he will now be joined on the front-line by an immensely gifted scorer in Randolph. Randolph comes over from Portland fresh off a season in which he averaged a remarkable 23.7 points and 10.1 rebounds. With Curry and Randolph posting and toasting on either side of the key, look for the Knicks to dump the ball down low early and often.

The writer took the time to point out every strength and weakness and never exaggerated any point over another. Defense is a concern and Lee and Balkmans minutes are as well. My take on it we have many options and good problems. Players will have to share minutes and I'm sure the players that play the best will get the most minutes. I expect to have a healthy Richardson, Lee and Balkman. If we do and Crawford slips he will be benched in the place of Richardson, which in tern allows Balkman to get more minutes. I'm optimistic as I usually am at the beginning of each season but cautiously optimistic. I say this is the play off year and if it falls apart then we talk upper management changes.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
I Hope Hes Wrong

I TRULLY HOPE HE KEEPS NICHOLES THERE ARE A FEW OTHER PLAYERS ON THIS TEAM I THINK SHOULD GET THE BOOT NICHOLES IS A GOOD PLAYER AND IF WE DROP HIM WE WILL SURELY REGRET IT WHEN HES SCORES 30 ON US FROM THE OUTSIDE

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

I'm a Knicks and Cuse fan so I'm already partial to us signing Nichols, but don't you think he is being a little arrogant of the situation he's in. Here he is a unproven rookie saying theres no way he will play in euorope for a year to help out the Knicks roster situation this year. First of all he will probably be rideing the pine all year behind Lee,Balkman,Nate,Collins,Jeffries,Jones,and Chandler how much does he think he's going to learn basically being part of the practice squad. Personaly I hope we find a way to sign him but I also think that he should be doing whatever he needs to do to help his team and that includes going overseas to further his game. We all need to remember that overseas ball isn't what it used to be, its not like he is going to be playing against a bunch of scrubs or anything so his game should continue to get better even if he is overseas.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
I'm a Knicks and Cuse fan so I'm already partial to us signing Nichols, but don't you think he is being a little arrogant of the situation he's in. Here he is a unproven rookie saying theres no way he will play in euorope for a year to help out the Knicks roster situation this year...

very arrogant, reminds me of a certain player named Steve Francis who demanded his way out of Vancouver a few years back... Nichols isnt even the same caliber as Francis was so he should chill out and go to Europe

Last edited by a moderator:
Well for one it will help out the team,two he'll be rideing the pine here, and three he could get some good experiance and coaching in europe. Like I said I'm a fan of D.Nicholes(D-Knick:)), but I don't think he's ready for the NBA game. Yeah he can shoot the hell out of the rock but so couldn't J.J.Redick how much noise is he makeing? Nicholes defence(S.U. Zone D), speed and quickness need to be improved for the NBA game... at least thats what I thaught when I was watching him in summer leage.

metrocard

Legend
Well for one it will help out the team,two he'll be rideing the pine here, and three he could get some good experiance and coaching in europe. Like I said I'm a fan of D.Nicholes(D-Knick:)), but I don't think he's ready for the NBA game. Yeah he can shoot the hell out of the rock but so couldn't J.J.Redick how much noise is he makeing? Nicholes defence(S.U. Zone D), speed and quickness need to be improved for the NBA game... at least thats what I thaught when I was watching him in summer leage.

JJ was injured for the beginning of the season, so we don't know what he can do yet. I'm not really too big on JJ at all, I hope he's a bust; I hated him in the ACC.

Nichols will be fine. I expect him to blossom like how Collins did late in the season IF we fall short of the playoffs.

Well he is a little slow like Collins:) nah just kidding. I'm just thinking about the best solution for both, Nichols playing and training with world class athletes and coaches and the Knicks retaining his rights.

Riding the pine...if that means Nichols does not start, you are right. Nichols was drafted/traded for to come in off the bench, be an outside threat and disrupt opposing teams....he will be brought in too s..t..r..e..t..c..h out opposing defenses.

If he is open he will shoot the rock, and score in bunches, if he is guarded properly he will pass it into our guys in the middle....

He will, I think be brought in for short bunches of minutes to disrupt opposing teams defensive flows....I look forward to him being a 2nd/3rd option of the bench, brought in, disrupt, shoot, pass disrupt

He will not be in Europe. If the Knicks don't want him, he will find a home in the NBA somewhere....a 6'8" shooter at the 2 guard (who has a full range of sound fundamentals) and can get his shot off will not have to learn a foreign language.....