Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Can We Get Marion?

  1. #1
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Can We Get Marion?

    NBA.com News Flash
    RSS Feeds | Today's Headlines | Link Central: Team by Team News
    Marion
    Sep 26, 2007 9:29am ET
    Marion Feels It’s ‘Time To Move On’ From Suns
    In THE ARIZONA REPUBLIC, Paul Coro writes “Shawn Marion trade talk is one thing. A Marion trade request is quite another. Marion is irked that the team is not willing to talk about a contract extension. After eight years in Phoenix, Marion wants to leave the Suns and has let the team know in recent weeks. ‘I'm tired of hearing my name in trades,’ Marion said by phone from his Chicago home Tuesday night. ‘I love my fans in Phoenix but I think it's time for me to move on.’ ”

    Marion makes 16 mil a year...i think we can trade david lee, q.rich, nate and crawford for marion.....just a fantasy trade but hey....wonder if isiah talked to hima s yet

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I would definitely be against that trade. Better to see if they'll accept Malik Rose, Jerome James, Fred Jones and Dan Dickau first before trading our young players. The numbers work and Phoenix gets to shed a lot of money off their cap.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    NBA.com News Flash
    RSS Feeds | Today's Headlines | Link Central: Team by Team News
    Marion
    Sep 26, 2007 9:29am ET
    Marion Feels It’s ‘Time To Move On’ From Suns
    In THE ARIZONA REPUBLIC, Paul Coro writes “Shawn Marion trade talk is one thing. A Marion trade request is quite another. Marion is irked that the team is not willing to talk about a contract extension. After eight years in Phoenix, Marion wants to leave the Suns and has let the team know in recent weeks. ‘I'm tired of hearing my name in trades,’ Marion said by phone from his Chicago home Tuesday night. ‘I love my fans in Phoenix but I think it's time for me to move on.’ ”

    Marion makes 16 mil a year...i think we can trade david lee, q.rich, nate and crawford for marion.....just a fantasy trade but hey....wonder if isiah talked to hima s yet

    what is wrong with you? you are obviously not a fan of our roster but this trade is just ridiculous. to be fair i love the roster, except for james and dikau, and i love isiah for bringing all these guys in so i hate any talk of trades. but i feel this trade fantasy of yours is sick and overly retarded.
    your talking about trading the very core of our team. wow man. yo i'm flabbergasted. every time i read the names of the people you wanna trade im overcome with disdain and hatred for you. im sorry man, knicks fans should stick together but your making it difficult. i gotta go calm down. sorry but jesus man. crawford and david lee!!??? oh man. wow.

  4. #4
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    NO.

    Marion will not want to come here, so lets not waste our time thinking about this.

    He will be a Laker or a Pacer depending on which GM moves first.

    Don't forget, Phoenix doesn't have to trade him just can he demands a trade. If we all could leave because we get tired of jobs, the economy would crash in a week.

    Marrion just needs to grow a pair and deal with his mutli-millon dollar job for a team that is always a lock to be a contender, with one of the best PGs in the leage, and with one of the best rosters in the league as well. Oh God, what a tragedy he lives in ehh?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    NO.

    Marion will not want to come here, so lets not waste our time thinking about this.

    He will be a Laker or a Pacer depending on which GM moves first.

    Don't forget, Phoenix doesn't have to trade him just can he demands a trade. If we all could leave because we get tired of jobs, the economy would crash in a week.

    Marrion just needs to grow a pair and deal with his mutli-millon dollar job for a team that is always a lock to be a contender, with one of the best PGs in the leage, and with one of the best rosters in the league as well. Oh God, what a tragedy he lives in ehh?

    co-sighn! Not gong to be a Knick, plus our GM is a little tied up at the moment and may not be aware of Marion's situation. I think he would be a great player to have,but not at all likely. But if we did have a chance to nab him then we would certainLEE (get it) have to part with players we like

    Lee
    Nate
    Nichols
    Dan and Fred for cap reasons

    Just speaking hypothetically.....but you know that not all that bad a trade for either team all of those players would fit with Pheonix very well, Lee and Amare = best front court in the NBA, but it's not going to happen. My prediction is Baby Bryant cries him to LA or Utah makes a move for him and AK-47. But I know it's not realistic but would any of you make my proposed trade for Marion? For the last time I know it's not going to happen just talking as B Ball fans, I gotta stress that because some of you see trade proposals and piss you pants practically, IT MAKES ME SICK!

  6. #6
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Even though the Matrix is a stat sheet stuffer I wouldn't want him in N.Y. What do you think he'll be like without Nash anyway? I belive that Nash like Kodd make a lot of so so players into very productive players. Besides th players we would have to give up it just wouldn't be worth it.

  7. #7
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by youmakemesick
    what is wrong with you? you are obviously not a fan of our roster but this trade is just ridiculous. to be fair i love the roster, except for james and dikau, and i love isiah for bringing all these guys in so i hate any talk of trades. but i feel this trade fantasy of yours is sick and overly retarded.
    your talking about trading the very core of our team. wow man. yo i'm flabbergasted. every time i read the names of the people you wanna trade im overcome with disdain and hatred for you. im sorry man, knicks fans should stick together but your making it difficult. i gotta go calm down. sorry but jesus man. crawford and david lee!!??? oh man. wow.
    LOL....u get hatred for me, lmao, oh, im hurt....who cares what u think...if i would like to see the team get a defensive monster, then thats my opinion...and crawford and david lee are not the core of this team.....the core is eddy curry, zach randolph and marbury.....now if you think a team with the starting lineup of

    Marbury
    Nichols
    Marion
    Randolph
    Curry

    is a bad lineup, then ur obviously the retard....i love dlee just as much as the next guy, but marion is a better player than him...and if u disagee, u need to pull ur head out of david lees ass....marion blocks, sleals, rebounds has a better j, 3pt shot....he is what david lee dreams of. and come on, ok maybe we if we cud keep crawford, id deffinitely pull the triigger an give them our expiring contracts and malik rose, who will b a free agent the following year....u obviously dont watch basketball if u dont know the talents of sean marion....and he shines on defense, so lets not blame his defense on nash also....

  8. #8
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    also, iv hear worse offers for ron artest, y didnt u have a hissy fit then? u think artest is better than marion? lol...

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I really don't think Marion will be traded. With that being said I don't think he would want to come here. There have been rumors that he and Marbury did not get along in Marbury's last season on the Suns. Not only that we are not a winning team.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Big C
    I really don't think Marion will be traded. With that being said I don't think he would want to come here. There have been rumors that he and Marbury did not get along in Marbury's last season on the Suns. Not only that we are not a winning team.
    No I think it was he and Amare that didn't get along, Marion played on The Terror Squad the summer before Steph was traded to NY, so they had an off the court relationship I would think but who knows that couldv'e turned sour once the losing started. Anyways I believe you're right the Suns won't trade him. Plus that would only make our cap situation worse.

  11. #11
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    LOL....u get hatred for me, lmao, oh, im hurt....who cares what u think...if i would like to see the team get a defensive monster, then thats my opinion...and crawford and david lee are not the core of this team.....the core is eddy curry, zach randolph and marbury.....now if you think a team with the starting lineup of

    Marbury
    Nichols
    Marion
    Randolph
    Curry

    is a bad lineup, then ur obviously the retard....i love dlee just as much as the next guy, but marion is a better player than him...and if u disagee, u need to pull ur head out of david lees ass....marion blocks, sleals, rebounds has a better j, 3pt shot....he is what david lee dreams of. and come on, ok maybe we if we cud keep crawford, id deffinitely pull the triigger an give them our expiring contracts and malik rose, who will b a free agent the following year....u obviously dont watch basketball if u dont know the talents of sean marion....and he shines on defense, so lets not blame his defense on nash also....

    marion is 29. david lee is 23. marion is a whiner. david lee is starter material who has graciously accepted his role coming off the bench for the good of the team. at this point marion is a more complete player but lee is the better teammate. what if lee becomes a better player than marion? trading the future is idiotic.

    we have a team that is building chemistry. marbury is a very important part of the team because he is our starting point guard. but who gets the ball late in the fourth quarter, JAMAL CRAWFORD. who hits big shots night in and night out, JAMAL CRAWFORD. who feeds eddy curry those entry passes and alley oops he loves so much, JAMAL CRAWFORD. who is young, clutch, and hasnt hit their ceiling yet, JAMAL CRAWFORD. so crawford is part of the core of the team. so are david lee and q rich. you only have to look as far back as last season's collapse for evidence to support that statement. crawford, lee, and q rich get injured and the season gets ended. you propose trading all three of them for one guy whose about to turn 30 years old. thats not smart at all.

    a trade like this would take away our biggest strength, our depth. and it would make our team older. the team we have now can go on being competitive for another 7 years. a team with marion would have 3 years before he starts crying to be traded because eddy curry gets the ball too much. we dont need him.

    why would you want this guy on the team? he is begging to be trading off of the phoenix suns for Christ sakes. they should have won a championship last year and he wants out? not only is he old but he's also immature.
    Last edited by youmakemesick; Sep 27, 2007 at 10:01. Reason: one more point i wanted to make

  12. #12
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by youmakemesick
    marion is 29. david lee is 23. marion is a whiner. david lee is starter material who has graciously accepted his role coming off the bench for the good of the team. at this point marion is a more complete player but lee is the better teammate. what if lee becomes a better player than marion? trading the future is idiotic.

    we have a team that is building chemistry. marbury is a very important part of the team because he is our starting point guard. but who gets the ball late in the fourth quarter, JAMAL CRAWFORD. who hits big shots night in and night out, JAMAL CRAWFORD. who feeds eddy curry those entry passes and alley oops he loves so much, JAMAL CRAWFORD. who is young, clutch, and hasnt hit their ceiling yet, JAMAL CRAWFORD. so crawford is part of the core of the team. so are david lee and q rich. you only have to look as far back as last season's collapse for evidence to support that statement. crawford, lee, and q rich get injured and the season gets ended. you propose trading all three of them for one guy whose about to turn 30 years old. thats not smart at all.

    a trade like this would take away our biggest strength, our depth. and it would make our team older. the team we have now can go on being competitive for another 7 years. a team with marion would have 3 years before he starts crying to be traded because eddy curry gets the ball too much. we dont need him.

    why would you want this guy on the team? he is begging to be trading off of the phoenix suns for Christ sakes. they should have won a championship last year and he wants out? not only is he old but he's also immature.
    LOL...dude, how old r u? du u even watch basketball? do u think that when ur 30 ur old huh? well, kobe bryant is turning 31...im sure u wud like kobe on the knick...kevin garnet is about to be 33....tim duncan is also gonna be 33...i repect david lee's game, but he dosent have the body, speed and athleticism to reach marions numbers....i hope he does, but i doubt it....he bay be a better troy murphhy if he gets some minutes at best. Crawford is my guy too, i like his game, but if we have the ability to get marion, them im all for it....q.rich is injury prone....back injuries are hard to overcome, i also like q.rich....and jamal isnt the only one who give curry his oops...usually its steph if i remember correctly,a nd watching sum highlight films...crawford and his contract is expendable...these players are a part of the team....far form the CORE of the team....if they are the care, then the whole starting lineup is the core...which dosent make sense.....isiah would finally be dealing with a major NEED on the knicks. on top of that, that will not affect our depth as much as u think....we are very deep in the foward catagory....

  13. #13
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by youmakemesick
    marion is 29. david lee is 23. marion is a whiner. david lee is starter material who has graciously accepted his role coming off the bench for the good of the team. at this point marion is a more complete player but lee is the better teammate. what if lee becomes a better player than marion? trading the future is idiotic.

    we have a team that is building chemistry. marbury is a very important part of the team because he is our starting point guard. but who gets the ball late in the fourth quarter, JAMAL CRAWFORD. who hits big shots night in and night out, JAMAL CRAWFORD. who feeds eddy curry those entry passes and alley oops he loves so much, JAMAL CRAWFORD. who is young, clutch, and hasnt hit their ceiling yet, JAMAL CRAWFORD. so crawford is part of the core of the team. so are david lee and q rich. you only have to look as far back as last season's collapse for evidence to support that statement. crawford, lee, and q rich get injured and the season gets ended. you propose trading all three of them for one guy whose about to turn 30 years old. thats not smart at all.

    a trade like this would take away our biggest strength, our depth. and it would make our team older. the team we have now can go on being competitive for another 7 years. a team with marion would have 3 years before he starts crying to be traded because eddy curry gets the ball too much. we dont need him.

    why would you want this guy on the team? he is begging to be trading off of the phoenix suns for Christ sakes. they should have won a championship last year and he wants out? not only is he old but he's also immature.
    Co-sign, we already have Marion. Lee/Balkman = Marion without the funny the shot.

Similar Threads

  1. Official Draft Thread
    By Knicker Bocker in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: Jan 08, 2008, 17:08
  2. Shawn Marion, a Knick by February?
    By portega1968 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jul 21, 2005, 14:26
  3. shawn marion?
    By ny3nyk in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 16, 2005, 16:02
  4. do u agree with my line up??
    By H20 OFFdaHizZLe in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Feb 17, 2005, 03:14
  5. Marbury Officially On USA Team
    By frankwilliams in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 15, 2004, 13:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •