WTF!!! - The injuries continue!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Sorry to hear that but we'll make it. We are loaded at nearly every position and have guys that can play multiple positions. It's still early, Balkman might not miss a game.

Good News is although it we be nice for him to have been at training camp, his game is hustle and energy so it won't be a set back to insert him into the lineup once he's healed. This is Jefferies oppotunity to shine now and show what he's been doing all off season

Kiyaman

Legend
The Worst Knick News in 2007!!!

:boohoo:This is not a good sign for this Knick Team at all. :agreed:
I was looking for second season Balkman to be the FILLER, if the Zach Randolph experiment take to long or dont work.

The Knicks dont have a Player that can replace what Balkman brings to this team (Ron Artest).
The Knicks dont have many players that put 100% of energy on both ends of the court like Balkman. He is one of very few players that give Knick-Fans Confidence in the Knicks.

Renaldo Balkman brings energy and a new look off the bench with his chemistry henchmen Lee & Nate that finds oponents weakness to make good things happen.

Balkman has become a dependable player that make good things happen that is why he became a Knick-Fan-Favorite in his rookie season.

On November 1st. the Doctors will take another MRI to look at Balkman Cartlage to see how much it has healed in 4 weeks, which may not be that much so Balkman will not start this season off in a uniform unless he want to damage more tissue in that cartlage. Its best to say that Renaldo Balkman will miss this entire 2007-8 season if he wants this injury to heal up sufficient for 99% usage. I never trusted the Knicks medical team since PF-Toby Knight career ended (in 1980) off of their approval.

metrocard

Legend
My major is exercise science...shit like this just makes me want to work harder so someday I can get a job as a Knicks trainer and make sure they're conditioned and healthy 100%. Injuries just irk the shit out of me.

At least its our most loaded position on the team not to say we won't miss him while he's out. Maby we will even see what W. Chandler can do if he gets a chance to get off the bench and hit the court. Look for the best in any situation:)

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks OMEN!

At least its our most loaded position on the team not to say we won't miss him while he's out. Maby we will even see what W. Chandler can do if he gets a chance to get off the bench and hit the court. Look for the best in any situation:)

I really wish that one could "Look for the best in any situation" when it comes to the Knicks but you cant when the head man incharge is Isiah Thomas.
Isiah Thomas has an OMEN.
Not to say the Knicks did not have a BAD OMEN cloud the day they FIRED G.M. Ernie Grunfield, but since then the hiring, Firing, and trading has been one Bad OMEN after another.

PART One:
This Balkman injury is a BAD OMEN!
When you draft great young atheletic players in the NBA, all you need is a system-plan and a great coaching staff that is all on the same-page.
The Knicks started off with Big body Sweetney, Ariza, Frye, Lee, Nate, Balkman, Collins, now Morris, Chandler, and Nichols. If the Knicks had FIVE decent veteran players to go along with these young Athletic Players the Knicks would be playoff bound each season.

The (Jordanless) Bum Chicago Bulls had one great draft to change the organization around. The year they drafted three Athletic players: Deng, Nocioni, and Ben Gordon (inwhich all average 25 MPG in their Rookie season). Do anyone have a clue of what would have happen to the Chicago Bulls Team if they were to keep Crawford & Curry around these three young athletic players? well, the samething the Knicks are going through now. Did Eddy Curry really have a Bad Heart condition when Chicago finally in a decade made the playoff (with these three rookies)? or they just did'nt want Curry in the post season lineup to screw things up in a playoff series with all his flaws and weakness in the frontcourt area?
Eddy Curry has yet to show any Heart condition problems on the Knicks for two seasons...

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks OMEN!

Part Two:

There is only one player in the NBA league that brings the same ENERGY as Renaldo Balkman, and that player is Ron Artest.

I'll say it again "This Balkman injury is a Bad Omen!"

This would have been Renaldo Balkman Season to Break-Out and Shine! Especially if Zach Randolph dont meet up to the expectations (23-10). We had second season Balkman to replace him with Hustle-Talent.

The things it took alot of the Star SF in the NBA to do in their third to fourth season in the NBA, Renaldo Balkman Athletic Confidence and great hustle around the ball would have done this very season.

I like the Rookies Chandler & Nichols but neither have the intensity and leadership instincts around the ball as Renaldo Balkman have. Maybe in a couple more seasons but not in their rookie or second year season.
Players Q.Richardson & Jefferies career performance in the NBA on offense & defense can not compare to the Athletic overall talent inwhich Renaldo Balkman has shown just in his rookie season. And these two players had some great coaches and assistant coaching staff during their career in the NBA.

This is why the only player that I seen with Renaldo Balkman high intensity on both ends of the court that is fearless of oponents is Ron Artest...

First off I would agree we went down hill after we ousted E.Grunfield. That said I would definitly disagree on your outlook on Eddy Curry. The reason the Bulls let him go were mainly financial, they just didn't want to pay him. If they were so good at seeing into the future why did they give up a younger taller version of Big Ben in Chandler (would have been cheaper too). The bulls have done a great job in the draft as have the Knicks. The differance between the Knicks and the bulls has been a solid head coach to coach them all into the same system while the Knicks have had what 3 or 4 coaches since S.Skiles has been with the bulls? Now on the whole Ballkman issue he is only going to be out for a few weeks its not like he's going to be missing the whole season or anything. One more thing youv'e got to be a little off your rocker to think Balkman is a better player than Q come on man. I'll give Balkman the edge on atleticism but thats about it. Q and Balkman are about the same player except Q is a much better scorer. They are both great defenders,rebounders,ball handlers and teamates. I just give Q the edge bacause of his experiance and offencive capability. I also agree that Balkman is a much better player than Jeffries though I do think Jeffries could be an asset at 6'11" and able to play three spots on the court(too bad we already have a bunch of assets on the bench).

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I too disagree...why with all the conspiracy theories? Not only are they wrong, they are uncalled for. That is your opinion and you need to stop speaking as it if it were fact. Skiles is not a very good big man's coach. As you see every big man that goes there gets worse or doesn't improve. Chandler, Curry, Tim Thomas ( funny but true), Sweetney, and Ben Wallace is the latest victim. But lhe is a perimeter player and that is exactly what he preaches. Look at all his perimeter performers...Gordon, Duhon, Hinrich, Deng, Nocioni, Seflo, etc. All these guys exceled under skiles but all the bigs that left all exceled also. Ben Wallace did have his worse season in the past couple of years I might add as a Bull. Now that's real...

What conspiracy theories are you talking about? The Curry/Bulls money thing? Why did they let him go his heart issue? I was under the impresion that the bulls didn't want to sign him to a big contract unless he submited to a bunch of medical tests. Thats got a little somthing to do with money dosen't it?

Last edited:
I don't understand why the teams don't have these kids take atleast a small amout of calcium and glucosamine. It would keep their joints lubricated and their bones stronger the only thing you have to worry about with calcium is bone spurs.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Damn Damn Damn Not Balkman

OMG this is the worst balkman is the man now that just means lee and jeffries will be getting more playing time or Nickels will be able to show off some more of his talents he is pretty tall i dont know. Whats going on with this Houstan thing i hear they are really considering picking him up he is supposed to be coming to training camp. dont we already have enough player s we better not get rid of Nickels for him i guess fred has to go lol seriously. Well Yea Balkman reminds me of artest and my boy sprewell such energy its crazy. We need to pick up Artest already i know we have time but we have to free up some space i think we should sign Houston so we can add him in a deal for artest i think thats a good idea.

:alert::alert::alert::alert::alert::gony::alert::alert::alert::alert::alert::gony::alert::alert::alert::alert::alert::gony::alert::alert::alert::alert::gony:

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a.../balkman_suffers_right_ankle_stress_reaction/

BALKMAN DIAGNOSED WITH STRESS REACTION
F#CK

Didn't Frye get a stress reaction during training camp in his 2nd year and well ... we all know how his season turned out
I hope Balkman's stress reaction heals up quick and thank God it wasn't a stress fracture like what happened to JC last season.

This is not new news it happened a couple of days ago, im surprised it made it to the forum NOW. Yeah the knicks as an organization didnt need this right now and neither did Balkman, its a good thing that we are a deep team and as stated above he might not even miss that many games.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't understand why the teams don't have these kids take atleast a small amout of calcium and glucosamine. It would keep their joints lubricated and their bones stronger the only thing you have to worry about with calcium is bone spurs.

I wondered the same thing.
Alot of Fans may think this is a small thing and Balkman maybe back real soon but it wont happen like that the healing process to me and other young guys I knew, it took close to a full year to heal 90%. And that's without jumping on it applying pressure to the cartilage. However, that was back in the daze and I was not given a boot like Balkman is wairing now. But next month (Novenber) after wairing that boot Balkman will be going for another MRI to see how much his Cartilage healed while taking glucosamine.