Knicks vs Nets NBA 2k8

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i heard the knicks got the worst rating in da game at 62, pathetic , a team wit randolph and curry shouldnt have a rating dat low

metrocard

Legend
Knicks have a 55 rating on defense and a 79 rating on offense. That sounds pretty reasonable, the only thing I'm upset about is that Collins and Balkman ratigns are pretty low. If you update their ratings, Knicks should have an overall 70 team rating.

Plus Curry's defensive awareness rating is usually very low, same with Randolph.

+ I would SMASH anyone in the world in 2k8 with the Knicks. I'm a beast.

Last edited:

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
thanks so much for posting this...i broke my 360 cause i played nba 2k7 so much and i might get it fixed just for this 1 game.... I'd challenge u Metro!

Starks

Starter
Actually, for all the NYC area dudes in here- My friend is the owner of a Video Game Distribution label: War of the Worldz.

He's hosting a Madden tournament, but he might be doing a 2K8 tournament also.

Prizes are Amex gift cards, Plasma TVs, and Games. Usually its like 20 bucks to enter, but its def something to consider if u got like 2 hours to kill on saturday in Fall. The tournaments are rented out in a loft downtown.

Let me know who would be interested and I'll tell him that people are down

I live in the Bronx myself- Coop City

metrocard

Legend
Actually, for all the NYC area dudes in here- My friend is the owner of a Video Game Distribution label: War of the Worldz.

He's hosting a Madden tournament, but he might be doing a 2K8 tournament also.

Prizes are Amex gift cards, Plasma TVs, and Games. Usually its like 20 bucks to enter, but its def something to consider if u got like 2 hours to kill on saturday in Fall. The tournaments are rented out in a loft downtown.

Let me know who would be interested and I'll tell him that people are down

But thats pretty fucking legit that your boy runs a video game distribution.

I live in the Bronx myself- Coop City

oh shit, I'm down for a 2k8 tourney. I'm by Pelham Pkwy on the 2 train

Isiah, I think its coming out October 2nd.

Fugg...I only got ps2...I've been slacking on the next GEN.

War of the Worldz store is RIGHT behind me...the only thing that seperates the distant is the Botanical Gardens, I could get to Bedford Park in 5 minutes, quick...fuck I could walk there, LITE. Let me know whats going on with that 2k8 I'm definately now. You think your boy can sell the game before October?

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
You guys got live?

I am getting this game when it comes out Oct. 2nd. The other thing I dont like about this is the guy that talks. The white guy. I like Kenny Smith though.

Last edited:

Starks

Starter
http://www.waroftheworldz.com/
http://www.myspace.com/waroftheworldzinc

Check the site out. Shipments come in Monday at the earliest if you need the game.

Someone should start an official 2K8 Thread in here and put everyone's Xbox LIVE name up. Im NYKNICK200 on Live.

I just got a text from my W.O.W. sayin that if the demand for a tournament is out there, then he will. So if you guys are down, send a quick email to either site and let him know u are down for the tournament if they organize one.

Right now there is Madden tournament coming up this month- you guys that are good in Madden should sign up to win that HD TV set.

But yea, so its agreed. The official game of Knicksonline is 2K8

nyKnicks126

Oh damn, a lot people on utube etc. are loving 2k WAY over EA.

IS there a Dynasty mode for 2k?? THAT I can CONTROL, and ACTUALLY PLAY the games in 2k8? And does it last 25 years like in NBA live??

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Oh damn, a lot people on utube etc. are loving 2k WAY over EA.

IS there a Dynasty mode for 2k?? THAT I can CONTROL, and ACTUALLY PLAY the games in 2k8? And does it last 25 years like in NBA live??

The dynasty mode in NBA 2k8 is known as the "Association"

It has a lot of cool realistic features that will make it very enjoyable for you.

It starts out by you as the owner, and you choose while franchise you want to run. You get to sign head coaches, assistant head coaches, scouts, and personal trainers.

You get to trade first rounders, 2nd rounders and next year 1st rounders and 2nd rounders. (Very good value)

The scouting is fun as hell. You get to assist 10 workouts. 3 Workouts is the max for one prospect. You get to see 10 prospects preform at once all on the same court in a 5 on 5 game, or you get see the number one pick go one on one against Eddy Curry or any NBA player on the Knicks, just to see what type of player that prospect is before you draft.

NBA 2K8 provides some cool tidbits on your favorite players. Here are some things we learned about Baron Davis from his 2K bio.

- Nicknames include B-Diddy and BD.
- Credited with making the longest shot in NBA history when he hit an 89-foot buzzer beater on February 17, 2001 at Milwaukee.
- Started playing basketball at age three after his grandfather built a court for him. - Favorite NBA player growing up was Isiah Thomas. - Was a high school teammate of Austin Croshere at Crossroads High School in Santa Monica, CA.
- Says if he wasn't an NBA player, he would be a sports agent.
- Is the hardest player to guard in the NBA, according to Dwyane Wade.

There are four personality types in the game: Laid Back (Grant Hill, Tim Duncan when he's not laughing at bad calls), Neutral (Michael Redd, Chris Paul when he's not hitting someone below the belt), Expressive (Vince Carter, Stephon Marbury to Knick interns), and Unpredictable (Artest, Zach Randolph when on bereavement). That means that in the game you'll encounter everything from players flying off the handle and lashing out at management to guys who can shrug off any type of negativity and keep doing what they do best, play ball.

When building your team, you really need to keep all these personalities in mind. If you have a squad built around a bunch of laid back dudes, there will be slower changes to team chemistry and morale. But if you have too many unpredictable or expressive types in your lineup and your team starts to lose,
emag_warriors_0927_5_a89c0.jpg

As for salaries, check this out

emag_warriors_0927_4_e6e50.jpg

emag_warriors_092807_6_eedb0.jpg

emag_warriors_092807_1_51b60.jpg

emag_warriors_0927_2_542a0.jpg

The graffics are sick...

FUCK, anyone knows where I can get an XBOX 360 for mad cheap? lol.

nyKnicks126

Metro you have helped me out so much, I thank you a lot son, Xbox 360 core is like 279.99 now. But I recommend the harddrive edition of the 360. which is 379.99, or you can get Halo 3 and the Halo edition of the 360 for 400 dollars I think, I am not sure 100%.

Once again thanks for the info, thanks to you I made my decision easy.