Thread: Do you think that the 94 Knicks could....

Default Do you think that the 94 Knicks could....

have had a chance against the 71 Knicks?

I never seen the 70 team play other than on tape, but from what i've seen and what i've heard, I'd have to say no way. The 70's team was the defintion of teamwork.

Veteran

The Knicks 4-Guards alone on the 70's team was better than the entire 1994 team. Monroe, Clyde, Henry Bibby, and B

I do think the 71 team was a much better team I've got to belive that the 94 Knicks would win on size and quickness alone. Who would be able to stop Pat. (Ewing that is) They had much better guard play but back in 94 we had much larger and better bigs that could have stopped any guard penitration and any easy points in the paint. All the 94 team would have to do is play decent perimeter D and hope the 71 team didn't shoot 70% or better cause that would be their only shot. No disrespect to one of the greatest Knick TEAMS of all time, just my personal belief.

I'm flip floping on my above coment now the I've had some time to think about it some more. If Willis Reed could have competed against Wilt Chamberlin I think he could have competed or beat any of our bigs in 94. It goes without saying that the guards of 71 were better than the 94 guards. So that said I now think the 71 team would win.( gotta be right in one of these posts)

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    I'm flip floping on my above coment now the I've had some time to think about it some more. If Willis Reed could have competed against Wilt Chamberlin I think he could have competed or beat any of our bigs in 94. It goes without saying that the guards of 71 were better than the 94 guards. So that said I now think the 71 team would win.( gotta be right in one of these posts)
    Thank you!
    Who would be able to stop Patrick Ewing? a number of Knick Players starting with Big Bad Willis Reed (Bigger & Badder than Ben Wallace), then you have 6th man Phil Jackson (one of the best defensive players in the league), with Dave Debuchere & Have a Check. They would SWEEP the 94 Knicks in a series...