Renaldo Balkman replacement

Kiyaman

Legend
With Balkman out at the start of the season, the Knicks 2nd round (53) pick Rookie Demetris Nichols seem to be the only best replacement to receive Balkman's playingtime off the bench backing up Q.Richardson.

Nothing against Jefferies or Chandler however, Nichols B-Ball instints and court-awareness at being in the right place at the right time over shadows Jefferies experience and Chandler athletic performance.
Will the Knicks assistant coaches and veteran players bring this to Isiah Thomas attention or will Isiah notice this him self in the breaks he get from this foolish Civil Suit Case that will hold all his attention before the regular season begins?
Or will Zeke go back to his "Save-Face" coaching and use Jared Jefferies or his first round pick Chandler over a SU product player (that fits perfectly on both ends of the court peremeter) that spent alot of time watching the Knicks for the last four years with his SU teammates to know the ins and outs of this Knick Team roster???

Mantovani

Rookie
Nichols could be the answer to our 3pt shooting problem. From what I've heard the guy is a pure shooter if Curry or Zach get double teamed he could be a valuable option from the perimeter.

Toons

is the Bo$$
more than likely jarred jeff will come on after q.....maybe nichols might get minutes after crawford too tho. i like our depth this year

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Has Nichols been guaranteed a roster spot yet? I wish Isiah would make a 3 for 1 trade soon. Either for Artest or somebody else (defensive minded). We need to trim the roster and I hate it when we buy out players. Seems like a complete waste to me. Especially if Jerome James gets bought out and then signed by another team. I know he is a complete waste, but I would hate him even more because it would seem like he robbed the Knicks of a lot of money. If it came down to a choice of buying out JJ and keeping Nichols or keeping JJ and letting Nichols go, then I would choose to buy JJ out.

Nicholes should be first off the bench because of his shooting ability. He is the best fit now of the two rookies. I would like to see Nicholes play now, but we all know that J. Jeffries is going to get the playing time.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Jury is out and it says Zeke can not "SAVE-FACE" coach this season if he want to be apart of the Knicks organization in the 2008-9 season.

Head Coach Zeke have to coach his heart out for a WIN every game this season. So co-existing players will get the majority of the playingtime this season. So look for Marbury & Curry playingtime to be reduced extremely.
And coach Zeke confidence in Zach Randolph will be reduced if Zach dont come out producing.
I dont think Zeke want to hear any EXCUSES of repeated poor performances this season after the Jury verdict came in.
Last season Jury verdict lost MSG $40 million to Larry Brown, not to even mention the buyout money of Jalen Rose and Mo Taylor.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Nichols I Hope

I HOPE ISIAH GIVES NICHOLS A CHANCE TO PLAY MORE I DONT BELIEVE LEE IS QUICK ENOUGH TO GUARD SF SO HE WONT BE PLAYING MUCH AT THAT POSITION HE WILL REMAIN ZACKS BACK UP AND IF WE DECIDE TO GO SMALL EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE THEN HE WILL GET SOME TIME AT THE CENTER POSITION. BUT NICHOLS DID NOT RECIEVE A GUARANTEED CONTRACT SO IM WAITING TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS. DID ANYONE GO TO NBA.COM AND SEE HOW RAY ALLEN IS KNOCKING HIS JUMP SHOTS DOWN AND PUSHING EVERYONE TO GET BETTER I HOPE OUR TEAM COME TOGETHER AND PUSH EACH OTHER TO BECOME BETTER I KNOW WITH CURRY AND ZACK PLAYING AGAINST EACH OTHER ITS BOUND THERE DEFENSE SHOULD GET BETTER.
WELL I HOPE

:gony:

Ya'll can forget it...

Nichols may see spurts of playing time. But he is a rookie, and somewhat of a project still. You will see him in blowouts, or due to injury. Can't see him or Chandler playing a whole lot if Balkman and Lee stay healthy. But I don't think he needs to play a bunch to get better. The Knicks coaches have done a great job developing their talent. That starts in practice. So long as he practices a bunch, he can develop his talent for sure.

Bad as Jefferies is, too much size money and exp to play a second round pick before him.

Plus... I think Jefferies will be one of the surprises this year. He is not as good as he is being paid, but he ain't as bad as he played either.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Nicholes should be first off the bench because of his shooting ability. He is the best fit now of the two rookies. I would like to see Nicholes play now, but we all know that J. Jeffries is going to get the playing time.

Sadly that is the truth right there, you nailed that one OriginalKnicksGrandson. The real truth is Nichols is much better and he DESERVES the time. Nichols is a beast not only shooting but his size also.

Kiyaman

Legend

Sadly that is the truth right there, you nailed that one OriginalKnicksGrandson. The real truth is Nichols is much better and he DESERVES the time. Nichols is a beast not only shooting but his size also.

If Zeke want to start off with a WINNING Team he better have Lee, Nicholes, and Nate as his first three players off the bench (if Balkman is injured).
Chandler has alot of Potential but trying to co-exist with Marbury, Crawford, Zach, and Curry is not an easy task.
I want Rookie Demetris Nichols to be the first Knick to hit that rookie-wall since Mark Jackson.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Wow

This is the first time we have all been on the same page about any subject. Yeah nickols is the truth i hope Zeke wont do what he always does by playing the people he pay the most just because they are payed the most. i hope he sits down and does whats best for the team. Which is whats best for NY:agreed:

Kiyaman

Legend
Another thing that need to be looked at and added since David Lee started working on his 15 foot jump-shot in the 2nd day of Training-Camp to get a couple of minutes at the SF position with Balkman out with injury.

I still say David Lee is a Starter & Finisher on this Knick Roster.
It does not matter if Lee is at the SF, PF, or Center, he proved on several occasions that he can play all three-positions, because he co-exist with all his teammates to make their talents better.
What other Knick Player have you seen do that?

IF, and I mean if the Curry & Zach tandem is playing up to par together, than I would want to see David Lee at the SF playing alongside of them in the Fourth quarter of every game.

SF- oponents like Pierce, T-Mac, Lebron, and Marion, has the ability to torch any and all defenders that guard them in this league.
The same with PF- Dirk, Gasol, Brand, Rasheed, KG, and Duncan.

But none of the above Players can stop David Lee from rebounding and passing the ball to the right teammate.

P.S. Last season when we seen Frye, Lee, and Balkman on the court together logging in over 26 minutes together the team played great because Knick opositions could never figure out which one was playing C, PF, or SF (the Knicks WON 5 out of 6 games using those three players together. David Lee grabbed 20 rebounds in one of those games.).

GetRealistic

Starter

When did Nicholes become the greatest player to ever play basketball? How did i miss this. The guy had a good summer league, where he played against rookies and guys who will never play a minute in the NBA. Everybody needs to relax on the slurping of Nicholes. He may very well be a solid player but i really don't think he's anywhere near being the 6th man for this team. He better worry about making the team first. The guy was the 53rd pick or something like that. Do you really think that many times would have passed up on him if he was that great of a player.

I hope he does turn out to be a lights out player but lets all back off the talk of him being the savior. Lets see him do something agianst elite talent. From the reports out of camp the first 2 days he really hasn't stood out. Not to mention we're all loving Nicholes but nobody is talking about Wilson Chandler who was are FIRST round pick.

Jared Jordan is the guy i see really making a big time impact in the years to come (not necessarily this year). He led the nation in assists two years in a row. What does this team need the most? A low turnover guy who can setup others.

When did Nicholes become the greatest player to ever play basketball? How did i miss this. The guy had a good summer league, where he played against rookies and guys who will never play a minute in the NBA. Everybody needs to relax on the slurping of Nicholes. He may very well be a solid player but i really don't think he's anywhere near being the 6th man for this team. He better worry about making the team first. The guy was the 53rd pick or something like that. Do you really think that many times would have passed up on him if he was that great of a player.

I hope he does turn out to be a lights out player but lets all back off the talk of him being the savior. Lets see him do something agianst elite talent. From the reports out of camp the first 2 days he really hasn't stood out. Not to mention we're all loving Nicholes but nobody is talking about Wilson Chandler who was are FIRST round pick.

Jared Jordan is the guy i see really making a big time impact in the years to come (not necessarily this year). He led the nation in assists two years in a row. What does this team need the most? A low turnover guy who can setup others.

I agree, hey nichols could really be the sleeper of this Draft but everyone did well in SL and SL doesnt even always translate into success once the NBA regulars start wearing down on you. But lets just say SL did hold more wieght, Chandler looked to me just as good. Nichols is probably a better shooter but Chandler has an all around game that I liked even better even if its just in its infancy. If we were to project both players I'd say Chandler has it. He has NBA ready size and athleticism, he rebounds, he defends, he can shoot ( maybe not as well) especially from midrange and he knows how to start a break. But like said above this is only SL. My assumption is that some players play well in the madness of a tryout and Nichols has it, but Chandler is more prepared to take on NBSA level talent. Both are about a year or two away though but I can see them developing into good players both of them.

the only man for the job
chuck_norris.jpg

Chuck norris drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls. It's a fact. We wouldn't even have to clear roster space we could just have him kill jerome james.

Kiyaman

Legend
Getrealistic & Nazr, out of all the new players that the Knicks added to this team in the offseason, 2nd round pick (53) Demetris Nicholes is the missing link player this Knick team been needing since the departure of "Sprewell & Houston".

Nicholes have Spree's energy & Defensive instints, and Houston's fine touch of a catch & Shoot shot with 2 second on the clock.

The main reason why 6.8 Demetris Nichols went 53 in the draft is because Syracuse did not make any noise the last two seasons in the NCAA Playoffs. Plus Nicholes is not a rebounder at the height of 6.8., he is a Peremeter player on bothsides of the court just like Spree & Houston were (remember the 2 players that took this Knick Team to its last FINALS.).

Chandler is a SF with potential & athletic SF skillz and talents that will get his chance once Q.Rich & Jefferies get traded. But Nicholes is a SG with SG-Skillz and instints.

Beleive it or not, but Nichole Peremeter game as the Knicks 6.8 BIG-SG will change the entire look of this Knick team. If this Knick team did'nt need to get rid of Frances, I would've kept Channing Frye peremeter shooting, and played him with Nate and Nicholes to blow some of the best teams away in the 3rd quarter with these three Peremeter players.

GetRealistic

Starter
When did Nicholes become a defensive player. Cuse plays a 2-3 zone. Just because your 6-8 doesn't make you a good defensive player. Curry is 7 ft and he can't block a shot. And any player in the Big East (the most televised college conference) who plays for Cuse had plenty of exposure.

Getrealistic & Nazr, out of all the new players that the Knicks added to this team in the offseason, 2nd round pick (53) Demetris Nicholes is the missing link player this Knick team been needing since the departure of "Sprewell & Houston".

Nicholes have Spree's energy & Defensive instints, and Houston's fine touch of a catch & Shoot shot with 2 second on the clock.

The main reason why 6.8 Demetris Nichols went 53 in the draft is because Syracuse did not make any noise the last two seasons in the NCAA Playoffs. Plus Nicholes is not a rebounder at the height of 6.8., he is a Peremeter player on bothsides of the court just like Spree & Houston were (remember the 2 players that took this Knick Team to its last FINALS.).

Chandler is a SF with potential & athletic SF skillz and talents that will get his chance once Q.Rich & Jefferies get traded. But Nicholes is a SG with SG-Skillz and instints.

Beleive it or not, but Nichole Peremeter game as the Knicks 6.8 BIG-SG will change the entire look of this Knick team. If this Knick team did'nt need to get rid of Frances, I would've kept Channing Frye peremeter shooting, and played him with Nate and Nicholes to blow some of the best teams away in the 3rd quarter with these three Peremeter players.

This is downright... silly.

We have not seen Nichols play a game in the league, and we are comparing his defensive prowess to Sprewell? He does not have nearly the lateral movement Spree had. He is a project who can shoot.

The Knicks are as good as any team at developing talent, but to say Nichols is the missing piece lol... That is a streEEEEEEEEEEeeeetch!

Kiyaman

Legend
I guess both of you will see on Monday, 8th of October. in the Preseason games how well Demetris Nicholes play the Peremeter on both ends of the court.
Do any of you remember Spree Rookie season in Golden State alongside of TMC? you will see it again from Nicholes B-Ball instints, but with the ole Miami Rookie Rice shooting touch.