Damn - I'm ready!!!

Trin_Starr

Starter
I don't know about you guys - but shit man I'm ready for this season!
I think this is it - this is the season when we cause major waves in the NBA!

Steph is in awesome shape, canning shots from everywhere on the court, is a step quicker than last season and is still playing that serious D.

JC - has added alot of weight and it will definitely help him on the defensive end. His stress fracture is fully healed up

Q - he's back - he's now able to dunk and jump again - time for his rebounds to go up as well

Zach is a young PF stud - 20/10 guy with a deft 15-18ft J. All I know is he is definitely much better than what Frye gave us at the 4.

Curry is ready. The dude is slimmed down, has more energy and is more mobile now.

And our bench? - damn, we are deep!!!
Lee, balkman, nate, mardy, Chandler, Nichols, Jefferies, Morris
This team is HUNGRY - they want to win and once again they well in the face of adversity...They'll rally around Isiah and barring any injuries and with a lil' luck on our side - the knicks are back!

I can't wait to get the season started.
And here's my BOLD prediction for the 07/08 season without seeing a second of knicks basketball :) lol
6th seed in the east with a 45-37 record

I'm hyped up right now.

This thread is for people who looking forward to seeing the knicks do great things this season.

All negative posters - do not post here. Do not take away my mojo right now lol
Come back in the middle of the season and trash me then if need be lol

honey230

Rookie
I am so with you on this! I cannot wait to see my boys.. game one of the pre season is Monday Oct 8th against the 76ers and I'll have them on the hdtv early..I need to see how they are looking. Cant wait. I am also going to a pre season game against the Celtics on the 22nd...
I agree with you I see big things for us this season.. this is the best looking team we've had in some years as far as talent and being in shape... these boys are hungry and in ready to win at all cost...Say what you want about Isiah he is pushing these boys to win. And he knows about winnnig..I'll ride with you on the 45-37. It is very possible. I think we underestimate this team alot and for good reason we had two bad seasons back to back. But this year is our year! Go Knicks.. I will not miss any games.. can't wait!!...

Trin_Starr

Starter
I checked all over the MSG website but I don't think they're going to broadcast that knicks/philly game... only the home pre-season games they'll show.

metrocard

Legend
I'm pretty hyped that Q-Rich is finally healthy. When he was playing his best, he was our most important player, because of the offense, defense and rebounding he provided.

Crawford adding 15 pounds of muscle is great, he should be more confident to go to the paint and be more physical driving to the basket.

mugili716

Benchwarmer
Finally we got a positive post.... I'll third that 45-37, I really feel that since we finally had the majority of these players together for one year as well as our coach it will really help our team chemistry. I am so excited...ordered my NBA league pass already (I live in San Antonio) so I can make sure to watch every single game.

GO NY GO!!!!!!!!!!

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
once again Trinn-star you have posted a great thread. I am also very excited and hyped up for the upcoming season. Everyone thinks that Boston is the team to beat now in the east, but i think everyone on this forum would agree that the KNICKS are that team. Our Starting five is dangerous in all areas of the floor and our bench is probably one of the best in the NBA.

honey230

Rookie
Yeah I checked the msg site and only home games are being shown :0( So the first game will be 10/11 vs Maccabi Elite. I'll even watch that just to get a glimpse.. lol...

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yeah I am excited as well. I really would like the season to start now. We gotta wait though. NBA 2k8 is keeping me on the edge of things lol.

Our bench is deep, our roster is young except for Marbury James and Rose.
But Marbury is an important part of this team. I am looking forward to a winning season this year.

Much love for the Knicks here. I too see the Knicks in the 6th spot or better in the east with 45 wins or more. Nobody can deny the talent that we have on our starting 5 and no other team in the leage can match the talent we have comming off the bench. That and the fact that all these guys have been together a few years (except the rookies of course). Hell we have even kept a coach around for a couple seasons. This is the year the Knicks take it to the next level and silence the critics. We look great (except fat ass J.James)

Trin_Starr

Starter
Crawford adding 15 pounds of muscle is great, he should be more confident to go to the paint and be more physical driving to the basket.

Yup JC does look jacked!
This will definitely help him out

knickstc_100507rh2.jpg

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer
Im Pumped I Bought 9 Games So Far Hoping To Go To More If My Money is Right!

November 4th Vs Timberwolves (Home Opener !!)

November 26th Vs Jazz

December 12th Vs. Sonics

December 23rd Vs Lakers

December 3oth Vs. Bulls

January 11th Raptors

Febuary 8th Vs Spurs

March 8th Vs Blazers

April 6th Vs. Magic

:gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
On the real, no optimism included

I honestly believe Demetris Nichols was the best thing the Knicks received out of that Zach Randolph Trade.
The last two seasons everyone was saying the Knicks needed a SF, which they did not need at all. The Knicks needed a BIG-SG that could guard the Peremeter and spot-up on the peremeter to make teams pay. And Rookie 6.8 Demetris Nicholes is that player. Nicholes is only a one season work in progress. He could "Catch-N-Shoot" something Francis, Marbury, Crawford, Fred Jones can not do.
Having SG-Nicholes on the court with PG-Nate, and PF-Zach would give the Knicks three Peremeter Shooters that could "Catch & Shoot" without any dribbling that can put teams away easy and would open up the Lane for a slashing SF & Center.

It is bad enough that throughout all my B-Ball years watching H.S., College, ABA, CBA, and NBA B-Ball, I have never seen a successful team with two 20 point scorers at the Center and PF position (Together). Other than the fluke team of Shaq & Karl Malone who had to take PG-Sam Cassel out (Fragrant injury) of the last three games of a seven game series to beat KG Timberwolves.
But Detroit Ben Wallace was not going to let Shaq & Karl Malone injure Billups & RIP who Whipped the Lakers in six games for the NBA Championship. The Lakers would have WON the Championship with no problems with Defensive Players SF-Fox & PF-Horry (to guard Rasheed Wallace & RIP Hamilton).

So this Curry & Zach tandem is a PROBLEM from day one, there are way too many flaws in that frontcourt "Offensive Individual Talented" combination. They both are offensive-minded players that when they have problem scoring their entire game is off.
The two would be better if they were back-ups for each other this season rather than a Frontcourt Tandem on the court. Zach backing up Curry would bring this Knick-Team success with the young deep depth on this roster.

Since the day of the Zach trade I been PREACHING that David Lee should be the Starting PF. And Zach should come off the bench with our young Star Balkman (When the regular season begin you will be saying the samething).
Channing Frye would have had a great second season in the NBA if he did not have to waste his talents & skillz alongside Eddy Curry in the frontcourt (95% of Frye's playingtime last season was alongside of Eddy Curry).
The only reason why Channing Frye was traded because him and Curry could not mix as a tandem.