Balkman still working hard despite being injured

metrocard

Legend
http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_n...m=knicks&newsgroup=basketball.nba.news/Knicks

Knicks forward Renaldo Balkman on sideline at training camp with injured ankle

Oct 05, 2007

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - New York Knicks forward Renaldo Balkman has endured a rough training camp, mostly because he can't do much training with an injured ankle.

Sidelined for a month with a stress and cartilage injury in his right ankle, Balkman has watched from the sideline during camp at the College of Charleston this week.

"This is probably my first injury where I have had to sit out for a couple of weeks," said Balkman, a former South Carolina standout who has been limited mainly to shooting foul shots. During most of practice, he wears a protective boot on his ankle.

capt.bb8e73fe4c4449d4b8c50da4563262b7.knicks_balkman_basketball_scmc102.jpg

capt.ce3f5777fc0c4482ad72b8313e6260d9.knicks_balkman_basketball_scmc101.jpg

capt.393caa62ab7a43b3a1a4b043753f4f05.knicks_balkman_basketball_scmc103.jpg

I love Balkman...he inspires me; just to work hard everyday, no matter if I suceed or fail. My brother is working on his shooting with that damn foot on his leg. Go Renaldo...Latino siempre(Panama) future SF of the Knicks.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
He will sooner or later be a solid starter for the knicks, if health issues go well. He is one of my favorites just for that what he has done and keeps doing. I also try to work out my game even if I am hurt too. Balkman is the player that I want to keep for a long time. He plays with so much hustle and so much pride, and heart. Hope all goes well in training camp.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
maybe this injury will do him good, he really DOES need to work on his foul shots. Especially for the way he plays basketball , it will help hima nd the team in his carear. He is a slasher, and will get fould often, so work on those foul shots taz

Kiyaman

Legend
The Prize of the Knicks "Renaldo Balkman".

As a Rookie Balkman did his best to co-exist with all his teammates on the court while being the "TAZ" on the boards and being the "MAN" starting the fastbreak.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Agreed I love his game

:agreed: He is the man i cant wait to see him on the court doing his thing yeah he does need to develope his jump shot and i guess this is his time oh boy im scared of what this guy will be if he gets a jumper oh boy oh boy.

:beer::gony::agreed::peace:

Kiyaman

Legend
Even if Balkman do get a jumper that falls 80% of the time he wont be able to shoot with all the 30 MPG ball-hogs like Zach 19-FGA and 4 turnovers for 23 points, Curry 15-FGA and 4 turnovers, Crawford 12-FGA and 2 turnovers, Marbury 10-FGA and 2 turnovers, Q.Richardson 7-FGA, and Nate 7-FGA.
After all those players shooting the rest of the shots have to be divided between Lee, Balkman, Collins, Chandler, and Jefferies.
And the Knicks look like another Halfcourt team which average 80-FGA per game.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
So Damn Negative

REGARDLESS OF WHAT ANY KNICK DOES TO TRY TO MAKE THIS TEAM BETTER THERE ARE TOO MANY OF YOU WHO STILL WILL FIND SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO SAY YOU GUYS MAKE ME SICK

:barf:
:flippa: :wwf:

metrocard

Legend
Even if Balkman do get a jumper that falls 80% of the time he wont be able to shoot with all the 30 MPG ball-hogs like Zach 19-FGA and 4 turnovers for 23 points, Curry 15-FGA and 4 turnovers, Crawford 12-FGA and 2 turnovers, Marbury 10-FGA and 2 turnovers, Q.Richardson 7-FGA, and Nate 7-FGA.
After all those players shooting the rest of the shots have to be divided between Lee, Balkman, Collins, Chandler, and Jefferies.

Yeh, unfortunately; I don't see any ball movement going on. Curry and Randolph don't pass at the right moments, Lee is our best passer in the paint...Balkman is a fast break passer, not much of an half court guy. Crawford is just wild most of the time, Collins is excellent, Q is average at best, Nate is terrible...Jefferies; I've seen him do things, but then I again I've seen him do alot of bad things too.

I don't know man, to me its up to Curry and Crawford, if they utilize their passing more, it help our offense alot, instead of themselves, we have a lot of weapons on this team; if we don't use them we'll lose games.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
He will sooner or later be a solid starter for the knicks, if health issues go well. He is one of my favorites just for that what he has done and keeps doing. I also try to work out my game even if I am hurt too. Balkman is the player that I want to keep for a long time. He plays with so much hustle and so much pride, and heart. Hope all goes well in training camp.

i totally agree thats wat i was going to say

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Metro ur crazy

You bash our players as much as you can then you make a crazy statment of we have alot of weapons. Do you have multiple personalities. And you said Q is average he is one of the best players in this league if he stays healthy he is an allstar bro hands down hes the man get it together:shooter:

jzero29

Rotation player
what about lee?

Our most prized player in our youth movement...the glue to this team. I'm glad he's working on his FT though.

You bash our players as much as you can then you make a crazy statment of we have alot of weapons. Do you have multiple personalities. And you said Q is average he is one of the best players in this league if he stays healthy he is an allstar bro hands down hes the man get it together:shooter:
First we have to be realistic, balkmans work ethic and grit are awesome, but is he the glue of the team? Most prized? What about Lee? Balkman can also be passed by succesfull seasons by nichols or chandler, both naturally better scorers. Balkman is a hustler and that is very valuable. He is not something I'd easily want to part with and I'm not bashing him. I just think your getting carried away right now. A couple years, once we get ride of a few negative influence players marbury. And balkman has more of a leadership role on this team, he will be the glue. Right now this team is marbury's. He's the Vet leader. The floor general and completely insane. Guys like lee and balkman will turn this team around once negative influences are gone. Marbury is a great talent, but i don't think he leads these young players in a good direction. His body language is aweful when he's struggling. You never see jason kidd get down on his players or himself. You miss a shot, kidd will reassure you to shot again next time and he'll be the guy passing you the ball next possesion. Marbury needs to man up, not get down on teamatesand play with the play hard all the time, never give up, we're not losing this game attitude balkman and lee have. Once that attitude is gone from the knicks, balkman can become the glue. But he's not there yet, he's only a second year guy. We do have a lot of turn over prone players. balkman is a way away from developing a consitent shot. Foul shots are one thing, no hands in your face, no defender rushing you and no real movment before the shot by the shooter.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Well good statement

But i was talking about Richardson but i really like Balkman too hes the man too.

:beer:

metrocard

Legend

callate bald pendejo

pyotrveliky

Rotation player

guess what? if theyre taking that many shots, and missing a lot, who goes after the offensive rebounds? lee and balkman. who gets easy buckets and/or fouled on putbacks? lee and balkman. who use being slighted on offense to play harder defense? lee and balkman.