Thread: A Rather Accurate Eastern Conference Rankings Article

Hybrid View

Default A Rather Accurate Eastern Conference Rankings Article

Because half of your predictions here on this forum are biased...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Originally Posted by Cakalusa
    Because half of your predictions here on this forum are biased...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Your name starts with caka... And so does this rating.

I dont see anything realistic about that!! I hope the Knicks prove all the haters wrong!! It wouldn't matter if we got Kobe or Garnett, the media would still find some way to basically say we're not good enough!! Let the season begin already!!

All you haters are going to look like dumb-asses when the Knicks are playing first round spoilers in the first round of the playoffs this year.

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Your name starts with caka... And so does this rating.
    Really quite mature. Really. And I suppose I should accept such an insult from somebody who spells their name with "lyfe". Stay in school.

But for the others, I've been a Knicks fan all my life. From the days when NBC had the best NBA theme song to the days when the Knicks were constantly battling each other for eastern conference champion.

I'm also not ignorant and stuck on my "Knick for life" mantra. I give respect where it's due and where it's not.

Veteran

Really quite mature. Really. And I suppose I should accept such an insult from somebody who spells their name with "lyfe". Stay in school.

But for the others, I've been a Knicks fan all my life. From the days when NBC had the best NBA theme song to the days when the Knicks were constantly battling each other for eastern conference champion.

I'm also not ignorant and stuck on my "Knick for life" mantra. I give respect where it's due and where it's not.

You are amping a rating with the Celtics 1st in the east based on off season moves. They won 23 games last year, have Doc Rivers as coach, and no depth. Who's absurd here?

First off, I didn't label anyone "absurd." But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Secondly, I'm not amping the Celtics. In fact, I never even mentioned them anywhere in my posting. But thanks for putting words in my mouth again. Has anyone ever asked if you were a lawyer before?

Anyway, I hate them (Celtics) and any New England teams. I'm not pushing forth any teams in fact. I'm simply stating the actualization that people need to stop placing the NY Knicks as a top 8 team in the East (which really isn't saying much) because of biased opinions.

Thirdly, since we're on the topic of the Celtics, look at any professional and respected articles relating to NBA rankings. Look who's on the top of the lower-tier Knicks? That's right. The Celtics. These analysts get paid well for a reason.

Trust me, I want the Knicks to win a championship as much as the next NY Knicks fan, but people also have to come back to reality and get off their high horse.
    Last edited by Cakalusa; Oct 08, 2007 at 22:20.

Veteran

First off, I didn't label anyone "absurd." But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Secondly, I'm not amping the Celtics. In fact, I never even mentioned them anywhere in my posting. But thanks for putting words in my mouth again. Has anyone ever asked if you were a lawyer before?

Anyway, I hate them (Celtics) and any New England teams. I'm not pushing forth any teams in fact. I'm simply stating the actualization that people need to stop placing the NY Knicks as a top 8 team in the East (which really isn't saying much) because of biased opinions.

Thirdly, since we're on the topic of the Celtics, look at any professional and respected articles relating to NBA rankings. Look who's on the top of the lower-tier Knicks? That's right. The Celtics. These analysts get paid well for a reason.

Trust me, I want the Knicks to win a championship as much as the next NY Knicks fan, but people also have to come back to reality and get off their high horse.

Read again.

I said you are amping an article with the Celts picked as number one. And then saying not biased like the views on this board, basically saying this board has unrealistic views. Boston's the best team in the east based on what? Trades? They are nice... ON PAPER. Kinda like how people want Knick fans to have the same restraint about our paper team.

Also, please don't insult anyone's intelligence on this board by saying

"look at any professional and respected articles relating to NBA rankings. Look who's on the top of the lower-tier Knicks? That's right. The Celtics. These analysts get paid well for a reason"

They are paid to give their PERSONAL OPINIONS. They don't know anything more about the game than regular people who also have opinions and watch just as much sports as them. They are journalist, or ex athletes. That is where their professionalism comes from. That's it.

But by the way... GO KNICKS!
    Last edited by Knicks4lyfe; Oct 08, 2007 at 23:57.