A Rather Accurate Eastern Conference Rankings Article

amilion

Benchwarmer
I dont see anything realistic about that!! I hope the Knicks prove all the haters wrong!! It wouldn't matter if we got Kobe or Garnett, the media would still find some way to basically say we're not good enough!! Let the season begin already!!

Cakalusa

Benchwarmer
Your name starts with caka... And so does this rating.

Really quite mature. Really. And I suppose I should accept such an insult from somebody who spells their name with "lyfe". Stay in school.

But for the others, I've been a Knicks fan all my life. From the days when NBC had the best NBA theme song to the days when the Knicks were constantly battling each other for eastern conference champion.

I'm also not ignorant and stuck on my "Knick for life" mantra. I give respect where it's due and where it's not.

Really quite mature. Really. And I suppose I should accept such an insult from somebody who spells their name with "lyfe". Stay in school.

But for the others, I've been a Knicks fan all my life. From the days when NBC had the best NBA theme song to the days when the Knicks were constantly battling each other for eastern conference champion.

I'm also not ignorant and stuck on my "Knick for life" mantra. I give respect where it's due and where it's not.

You are amping a rating with the Celtics 1st in the east based on off season moves. They won 23 games last year, have Doc Rivers as coach, and no depth. Who's absurd here?

Cakalusa

Benchwarmer
First off, I didn't label anyone "absurd." But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Secondly, I'm not amping the Celtics. In fact, I never even mentioned them anywhere in my posting. But thanks for putting words in my mouth again. Has anyone ever asked if you were a lawyer before?

Anyway, I hate them (Celtics) and any New England teams. I'm not pushing forth any teams in fact. I'm simply stating the actualization that people need to stop placing the NY Knicks as a top 8 team in the East (which really isn't saying much) because of biased opinions.

Thirdly, since we're on the topic of the Celtics, look at any professional and respected articles relating to NBA rankings. Look who's on the top of the lower-tier Knicks? That's right. The Celtics. These analysts get paid well for a reason.

Trust me, I want the Knicks to win a championship as much as the next NY Knicks fan, but people also have to come back to reality and get off their high horse.

Last edited:
First off, I didn't label anyone "absurd." But thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Secondly, I'm not amping the Celtics. In fact, I never even mentioned them anywhere in my posting. But thanks for putting words in my mouth again. Has anyone ever asked if you were a lawyer before?

Anyway, I hate them (Celtics) and any New England teams. I'm not pushing forth any teams in fact. I'm simply stating the actualization that people need to stop placing the NY Knicks as a top 8 team in the East (which really isn't saying much) because of biased opinions.

Thirdly, since we're on the topic of the Celtics, look at any professional and respected articles relating to NBA rankings. Look who's on the top of the lower-tier Knicks? That's right. The Celtics. These analysts get paid well for a reason.

Trust me, I want the Knicks to win a championship as much as the next NY Knicks fan, but people also have to come back to reality and get off their high horse.

Read again.

I said you are amping an article with the Celts picked as number one. And then saying not biased like the views on this board, basically saying this board has unrealistic views. Boston's the best team in the east based on what? Trades? They are nice... ON PAPER. Kinda like how people want Knick fans to have the same restraint about our paper team.

Also, please don't insult anyone's intelligence on this board by saying

"look at any professional and respected articles relating to NBA rankings. Look who's on the top of the lower-tier Knicks? That's right. The Celtics. These analysts get paid well for a reason"

They are paid to give their PERSONAL OPINIONS. They don't know anything more about the game than regular people who also have opinions and watch just as much sports as them. They are journalist, or ex athletes. That is where their professionalism comes from. That's it.

But by the way... GO KNICKS!

Last edited:

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Fellas Be Glad Where Rated So Low

:kissass:Being rated so low will only give us a better chance to win. If teams dont think we are that good they will under estimate us and loose. I cant wait to show everyone that yeah we are good on paper and we are good on the court. The knicks pretty much kept the same team from last year but added a 20 and 10 player and damn did yall see my boy Lee in this pre season game we are stacked at every position. Whos gonna stop us once we get this defense thing together its over for everyone. we will make the playoffs and we will succeed

:gony:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't see how you can say this article is not bias. If it isn't bias then it's just a stupid prediction. I'm not even all that upset that the Knicks are placed only one spot above where they ended up last season. The issue for me is the number 1-3 spots. I agree that all of the top 3 teams will make the play offs but to put the Heat so high in it's self is a major stretch. Putting the so much faith in the Celtics kills the authors credibility in my book.

I don't think it's bias to predict that the Knicks can be a number 7 seed. That's not very high in the play off tree and most analysts thought last year the Knicks had a change to reach the play offs prior to injuries. This and the fact that Randolph will start along side Curry should warren a higher prediction. At least from a practical stand point.

jzero29

Rotation player
How can they put boston first?

These guys haven't battled together? You don't know who will become more passive or more dominant out of this crew. Their talent level really drops off after their big 3. Don't get me wrong boston will be a top eastern confrence team, but they won't be #1. NJ I think will be better then 7th. As for the ranking of the Knicks, it's hard to say. The bottom has become a lot more competitive. There isn't much room for sub .500 win teams. It is all up in the air. Unfortunately we are delayed seeing Curry and Randolph play in preseason, due to Curry's injury. Also the knicks will be with out promising second year forward Balkman for the start of the season. We aren't even close to a set roster right now. And there hasn't been any solid news of moves from the managment at MSG.

Starks

Starter
JESUS CHRIST! relax people. It's just an article that ranks knicks at 10. How is this biased??????????????????? The East got better and teams are getting ranked above us. So whats the big deal?

And if it is biased...

The article was written by Kenny Smith, who does Knick games and is well versed to this franchise.

So if there is a bias, it should be in our favor.

Next topic please.

metrocard

Legend
JESUS CHRIST! relax people. It's just an article that ranks knicks at 10. How is this biased??????????????????? The East got better and teams are getting ranked above us. So whats the big deal?

And if it is biased...

The article was written by Kenny Smith, who does Knick games and is well versed to this franchise.

So if there is a bias, it should be in our favor.

Next topic please.

Gracias. Isiahsexuals be mad emotional yo. "WHY DIDN'T THEY RANK US NUMBER 2, WE HAVE THE MST TALENTZ IN DA NBA, MEDIA ALWAYS HATING ON ISIAH CHRIST".

Yo, Cakalusa...welcome to the forum. You held it down strong in this thread.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Kenny Smith is usually on point but I think Starks and Metro are completely missing the point. It's not about the Knicks. I don't think any of us have seen any predictions that the Knicks will make the play offs. The whole damn prediction tree was off. The Bulls are in trouble but they rank #5? The Bulls would be in trouble if they ranked number 7 or 8. Bottom line, Smith should have known better than to rank the Celtics at 1. Wouldn't that be historical for a team that hasn't made the play offs in God knows when to be the best team in the east. Charles would have checked Kenny.

If it's not his point...

Metro never gets it. Only his opinion matters. Watch and see...

Not even about the Knicks rating at all to me here. This is like the 5th or 6th rating I have seen with them around where they are in this one. It's the whole list.

metrocard

Legend
lol @ how mad people get when I own them. You'll get over it like the others and move on hopefully...or you could be like the monkey and follow thread-thread. This is why I ignore simple minded people who are limited in NBA discussion, it only leads to hurt feelings and obsession over me. Stop worrying about my age maricon, and worry about educating yourself(if thats possible).

This is why I ignore simple minded people who are limited in NBA discussion, it only leads to hurt feelings and obsession over me. Stop worrying about my age maricon, and worry about educating yourself(if thats possible).

Do you REALLY ignore me? :)

Why would my feelings be hurt over an NBA discussion with all the things affecting man, women and children in the world? More to life than basketball. Take the pacifier outta your mouth, and grow up some. In that day, you will actually be what you think you are now. You figure it out.

metrocard

Legend
You got your feelings hurt, be a man, move on and stop wasting post. No one wants to read your bochinche.

Back to thread, our bench is pretty deep, so my expectations is 7th/8th seed right now.