Allan Houston almost officially ready to compete

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i dont know about ya'll but if houston makes the roster, most likely fred jones is gone and fred jones got solid defense and it this point i care about that more than houston

i dont know about ya'll but if houston makes the roster, most likely fred jones is gone and fred jones got solid defense and it this point i care about that more than houston

I think a trade is more likely, Fred Jones is an Isiah favorite. But this almost certainley mean that James is gone, and for sure D Nichols won't be on the roster. I said it before when Nichols refused to go to Europe this summer that he better had been ready come the start of the season because he just made himself a marked man. But even if D Nichols and Jerome are the two to go who is the 3rd? I doubt Dolan allows Isiah to cut Houston, I would hate to see Malik get cut, Jefferies would cost too much money, Nate has too much of an upside. So a trade appears to be certain even if it is just a player for a pick type trade.

Why is ever one over hyped over Allen Houston? Dosen't anybody remember all the money he stole from the Knicks? How about the fact that his legs are shot and that he dosen't play defence? Yeah I remember that he hit a few shots in the late 90's, but I also remember N.Y. with little to no passion or fire untill Latrell showed up. This will be just another mistake forced upon us by the jackass/owner of a NBA franchise J.Dolan. We would be giving up young talent for an old dog that just can't hunt no more. By the way what is it with Isiah and players with the initials J.J. ?(J.James,J.Jeffries and now J.Jordan) It really hasen't been working out yet but he's sticking to it:)

pat

Starter
Why is ever one over hyped over Allen Houston? Dosen't anybody remember all the money he stole from the Knicks?

Why are you bringing that up again. You know what is going to follow... It's been the same ever since he got that contract. Somebody is going to ask you whether you wouldn't have taken the money, you are going to reply something and we are going to have a another thread on the same old AH20 topic. You won't decide whether he is going to be on the team, nor will I.

I would prefer him over Ron Arrest, but then again, I would prefer a half-empty Coke over Artest. But that is another lame discussion this forum has seen a couple of times over the last months.

Last edited:

alrobinson6022

Benchwarmer
Why are you bringing that up again. You know what is going to follow... It's been the same ever since he got that contract. Somebody is going to ask you whether you wouldn't have taken the money, you are going to reply something and we are going to have a another tread on the same old AH20 topic. You won't decide whether he is going to be on the team, nor will I.

I would prefer him over Ron Arrest, but then again, I would prefer a half-empty Coke over Artest. But that is another lame discussion this forum has seen a couple of times over the last months.

man, i could not have said it better....

jzero29

Rotation player
Fred jones good d?

Fred jones good D? isn't he a 6'2" shooting guard? I mean he hussles and plays hard defense, but he's a post up liability and how good could it be if you can barely reach your hand into the guys face on defense. He's small.

Why are you bringing that up again. You know what is going to follow... It's been the same ever since he got that contract. Somebody is going to ask you whether you wouldn't have taken the money, you are going to reply something and we are going to have a another tread on the same old AH20 topic. You won't decide whether he is going to be on the team, nor will I.

allan was over paid, do you think he'll get anything close to that now? No. Does he still have his shooting ability? If he does, he's a steal. It's not a guarenteed deal, so we have time to evaluate. He would provide veteran leadership off the bench, and just being around some of the younger guys. As for not taking Ron Artest over him?? Artest although crazy and unruly(i'm not big fan) is much better than Houston all around, Houston may still have better shot, but ron is a good all around offensive player.

Last edited:

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
Why is ever one over hyped over Allen Houston? Dosen't anybody remember all the money he stole from the Knicks? How about the fact that his legs are shot and that he dosen't play defence? Yeah I remember that he hit a few shots in the late 90's, but I also remember N.Y. with little to no passion or fire untill Latrell showed up. This will be just another mistake forced upon us by the jackass/owner of a NBA franchise J.Dolan. We would be giving up young talent for an old dog that just can't hunt no more. By the way what is it with Isiah and players with the initials J.J. ?(J.James,J.Jeffries and now J.Jordan) It really hasen't been working out yet but he's sticking to it:)

Thats why he wants to come back and play for the knicks because he has some unfinished business that he left. He knows he didnt earn that 100 million dollars because he was hurt all the time. Now after 2 years he feels he has something to give back to the knicks.

jzero29

Rotation player
houston true warrior!

Thats why he wants to come back and play for the knicks because he has some unfinished business that he left. He knows he didnt earn that 100 million dollars because he was hurt all the time. Now after 2 years he feels he has something to give back to the knicks.
He was only hurt the last couple of years, everyone forgets how he played with ankle sprains in games and didn't really miss much time playing over the years, until he had his career ending injury. He was an iron man before that injury. He played through injury, with grit and toughness. But he never gets credit for that. If you exclude his last two years, he only missed more than 6 games once in 10 years prior to his career ending injury. he had 4 seasons with all 82, one each with 81, 79,78, 77, 76 (Not in that order).
he played 50 games in 98-99, and 50 again in 03-04, and 20 in 04-05. So was he really hurt all the time? or was it just the last 2 years. As you said the guy has unfinished business, and you have to admire him for giving us the edge over NJ and elsewhere. The guy is a class act and very loyal. If he still can shoot he can help us off the bench. Fred jones or houston? hmmm. Fred jones can barely tie allans shoelaces. if the 6'2" Sg can even reach them.

metrocard

Legend
He was only hurt the last couple of years, everyone forgets how he played with ankle sprains in games and didn't really miss much time playing over the years, until he had his career ending injury. He was an iron man before that injury. He played through injury, with grit and toughness. But he never gets credit for that. If you exclude his last two years, he only missed more than 6 games once in 10 years prior to his career ending injury. he had 4 seasons with all 82, one each with 81, 79,78, 77, 76 (Not in that order).
he played 50 games in 98-99, and 50 again in 03-04, and 20 in 04-05. So was he really hurt all the time? or was it just the last 2 years. As you said the guy has unfinished business, and you have to admire him for giving us the edge over NJ and elsewhere. The guy is a class act and very loyal. If he still can shoot he can help us off the bench. Fred jones or houston? hmmm. Fred jones can barely tie allans shoelaces. if the 6'2" Sg can even reach them.

co-sign.

Bootleg Knick fan.

Trin_Starr

Starter
JC on H20's comeback

?He didn?t miss a shot,? Crawford said. ?When we played, he didn?t miss a shot. I think he shot 100 shots and made 96 of them just to get loose. He still can shoot it. Definitely (he can contribute). He was moving well. ? I was surprised at how good he was moving.?

http://knicks.lohudblogs.com/

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Yes...this is what I like to hear...how can you double team Curry when you have H20 and Q-Rich on the 3pt line and Zach on the opposite block? Offensively we're going to be tough to stop but defensively we're still a liablity. Hopefully Isiah's defensive notions come into effect.