Thread: the best way to keep Houston

Default the best way to keep Houston

id think they should buy out either jerome james or jared jeffries.. what u think? even if he makes the team where does he get his minutes?

Jefferies has too much remaining on his contract to be bought out.
    It would either be James or Malik (both around ~$15mil)

Dolan is the one pushing for H20 to be on the team so Isiah won't have to make a case to buy out any of those guys.

The best way to keep Houston would be by keeping him on the sidelines with a microphpne in his hand, besides that I hope we do end up buying out J.James,M.Rose and maby Zeke's favorite F.Jones(only for roster space) if were going to sign D.Nicholes and this J.Jordan kid. I also think J.Jeffries will be a better player for us this year and we should give him another year over that fatass J.James.

Nyk Logo Nah I Think Houstan Can Play A Better Role

I THINK THE KNICKS FRANCHISE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO DOSNT BRING BACK OLD PLAYERS AS COACHES TO HELP OUT THE NEW GUYS. WE NEED BETTER SHOOTING AND WHO BETTER THEN TO HELP THESE GUYS WITH THAT THEN NON OTHER THEN THE MOST OVERPAID SHOOTER EVER. SO YEAH LET HIM BE A COACH OR SOMETHING THATS MY IDEA. Jerome James should have been bought out unless they are working on a trade he needs to go now.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Whats good with these bootleg Knick fans who show no love to Houston? Greatest shooter in Knicks history. He was scoring 11 ppg in limited minutes. He could still give you 13-15 off the bench. I'm glad he's back, he's a leader, has experience in winning and chemistry; something this team need badly and something Isiahsexuals ignore constantly.

I like Allan Houston too much to see him on the bench, the best way to keep him is to give him signifigant PT. If Allan is not well enough to make an impact on the team, then I hope he stays retired. But if he's playing at a Pro Level were he can make a contribution to the team then I'd say Jerome James, Fred Jones, and D Nichols should go. I think instead of just releasing Nichols we should trade him to Pheonix for the pick we owe them (that will be unprotected in three seasons if they don't use it before then) and buyout the other two players. But Jones is going to be Knick opening night, although if he didn't have a previous relationship with Isiah he would have probably been bought out by now. But Houston could certainly spread the floor to allow Eddy and Zach to operate if he is as good as reports are indicating. I can see at times us using a lineup of Crawford Houston Q Zach and Eddy during some stretches to allow Zach and Eddy to feast down low

No bootleg Knick fans here. I just don't understand how any Knick fan can stick up for a man that stuck up the franchise for years. I would like to know the actual number of dollars Houston stole from the Knicks for not doing anything at all. Yeah he's a good shooter , but he plays little to no defence and we need defence a whole lot more than we need another gunner! How long do you think a retired player with no legs is going to last into the season before his body gives out on him? If we need another shooter sign Nicholes for christ sake at least he's healthy, bigger in stature, he will play a little D and oh yeah he'll come a lot cheeper and Isiah won't be pressured to give him playing time
    Last edited by OriginalKnickGrandson; Oct 10, 2007 at 10:27.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Every report that I've read says that Jones is a solid defender. That being the case and the fact that Thomas drafted him should mean he's a keeper.

Jerome James should be cut. F' it, we should just take the loss.

Personally I never liked Houston. This is well documented on this site. Still, Houston was a great shooter. I'm for him coming back. I'd like to see him start, lets work him like a dog to get some value back from all that cash we over paid him.

how could you be a knicks fan and not like houston? he's has been the best knicks player in the last 10 years!

A lot of people hate Houston cuz of the money he got paid but Scott Layden was the fool who offered him that money and Houston would had been just as big of a fool to say no. I dont think thats a good reason to hate Houston. Maybe donchris has another reason. Anyways, F*** Jerhomo Lames and scared jeffries. Cut them both. There aint no room for either of them even though jeffries wouldn't be a bad guy to put on KG cuz of his length.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    A lot of people hate Houston cuz of the money he got paid but Scott Layden was the fool who offered him that money and Houston would had been just as big of a fool to say no. I dont think thats a good reason to hate Houston. Maybe donchris has another reason. Anyways, F*** Jerhomo Lames and scared jeffries. Cut them both. There aint no room for either of them even though jeffries wouldn't be a bad guy to put on KG cuz of his length.

ha ha. i'll say this time and time again on this site. he didn't ask for that money. they just offered it to him. he would have been a fool not to take it just like you said. i agree with you 100%. this is gonna be debated on this site all year long if he makes the team. ha ha. unreal

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Knicks offer Houston money, how is he going to deny it? Who cares, it was a mistake by management, it has nothing to do with Houston the individual, who's a great individual to have in the locker room and also on the court. The man can still shoot; so stop hating on guys who really bleed orange and blue like Allan.

so is Houston deff on the team or is he still fighting for a spot?