David Lee New Dimension

Kiyaman

Legend
Anyone recall ex-Knick Xavier McDaniels (X-Man), he too agree with my logic of having David Lee & Balkman on this Knick Team.

Posted by xavier mcdaniel | October 12, 2007 21:02
Hey Alan, love the insight man. 2 part question for ya regarding the starting rotation and the bench.
The knicks have developed quite the tendency of falling behind to start games and then relying on the energy of the second unit to play catch-up the whole game. Wouldn't it make sense to start either Balkman or Lee in the frontcourt and have the other one off the bench (rather both coming off the bench and duplicating a lot of the same skills)? And maybe even Jones or Mardy at the 2 to start to play some D and set the tone, with Crawford off the bench to provide firepower? i realize that egos and salary are a factor here but i don't think they should be. We need to add some defense, hustle and intensity to the starting unit and that's not coming from Steph, Q, Craw, Zach or Curry...
Also, I think that it is going to be obvious as the year progresses that the knicks best 2 players are both power forwards, Zach and DLee. What do you think Isiah will do to get them both the minutes they deserve? I don't know about DLee at the 3, we want him near the basket. Do you see either of them at the 5 when curry is out to run with the second unit? I predict that it becomes an issue over the year and trade rumors begin to swirl. I just hope its not Lee who goes.
Xman

A: I loved X-Man as a Knick. Remember his tirade against Phil Jackson? Awesome.
I don?t see any changes in the starting lineup as of now. I do think you are lacking some energy in that group and, early on, Quentin Richardson has looked a little slow. Could be a residual of the back surgery and maybe some weight he gained as a result. I?d like to see David Lee there, perhaps, and go with Q off the bench for some outside pop and defense. But that?s the extent I would consider. That second unit is good as an energy unit to come in and change momentum.
I think you can move Zach to the five and have D-Lee play the four sometimes when Eddy comes out. Those three are the regulars among the frontcourt. Balkman can play 2-3-4 and Jared Jeffries can play 3-4-5.