Did we just cut the wrong player?

metrocard

Legend
Jordan >>> Dickua. Dickua is more of a scorer than passer. More of a mid range shooter than long range shooter.

I like this kid jordan from the little bit I've heard of him like pass first point guard and J.Stockton clone but he hasn't made the team yet either. M.Collins is good enough for me but if their compairing this kid to someone like Stockton we should hang on to him. Dickau didn't want to play in N.Y. anyway so I'm not sorry he's gone. As for trading Dickau nobody would have given us anything for him because he was good as gone as soon as the trade was made final and all the NBA teams knew it. Why give up something for him rather then just wait for the enevitable.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
My question is this since we got so many players now. What are you going to do with them? Release? Trade? anyone got rumors?

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
My question is this since we got so many players now. What are you going to do with them? Release? Trade? anyone got rumors?

To awnser your question. Jared Jordan is suposed to be sent to europe for a year.

the others will have to be cut or traded. Nichols may lose his spot to Jerome James wich is complete BS. Id like to keep nichols on the team,

we are just very cluttered atm. Probably time to expect a big trade or somthing.

reuel

Rookie
I can't wait to see what happens myself. hopefully zeke don't f*** everything up! lol

my picks to leave are jefferies, james, robinson, nichols(love this kid though)

I can't wait to see what happens myself. hopefully zeke don't f*** everything up! lol

my picks to leave are jefferies, james, robinson, nichols(love this kid though)

wow you would keep malik rose over nate the great robinson or d nich?
your crazy.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Lol

Yeah you guys are crazy trade nate to keep rose thats wild well Nichols i havent seen enough of him which sucks even though he did his thing during summer league Isiah wont let us see more of him during preseason play i wonder why

:gony:

jzero29

Rotation player
I don't think he meant cutting nate for rose.

wow you would keep malik rose over nate the great robinson or d nich?
your crazy.

Yeah you guys are crazy trade nate to keep rose thats wild well Nichols i havent seen enough of him which sucks even though he did his thing during summer league Isiah wont let us see more of him during preseason play i wonder why
Yes nate robison is much more talented then rose, and nichols has some potential to become a great guard. I think he meant, that in a trade, nate and nichols go, you can't trade only your least valuable players, because just like you don't want them, no one else does either. Rose has a hefty price tag that makes him hard to even give away. Therefore to teams looking for players, rose isn't among them. Nate and nichols have upsides and are inexpensive, to package in with an overpaid waste like jerome james or jared jefferies.

Last edited:

jzero29

Rotation player
p.s. it's ridiculous to say dickau has a spot on this team

pretty much we don't cut diackau, we don't get jordan. Obviously at this point and time Dickau is more polished and NBA ready,but we already have several players able to run the point. Marbury, robison, crawford, collins. Dickau is going to have good nights, he's a decent player, doesn't mean we made wrong choice.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Yeah Tru

I think he was just saying it was stupid to pay off D just to pick up jordan i dont understand this move but oh well. Isiah did say he was going to do the right thing by him so i guess he kept his word

:gony:

TJ.

Rookie
The Knicks already had a team assembled that was filled with scorers (Marbury, Z-Bo, Curry, Crawford) however there was really no TRUE passing guards on the team. With Jordan they acquired this. He was a steal for the Knicks. Dickau had been in the league for 5 seasons and hasn't really done much. He is more of a shooting PG than a passing one. Jordan on the other hand led the nation in assists for 2 straight years. No point having scorers on your team if you don't have a guy who is going to supply them the ball.

Nate is a 5'8" shooting guard, D.Nichols is a 6'8" shooting guard with a much better shot. What's the deal? Why is this kid not going to make the squad? M.Rose is in the last year of his contract so he is tradeable. J.James is a waste of space and we need to get rid of him. We need to put the finishing touches on our roster and get these kids(D.Nichols and J.Jordan) on the final roster so we can secure our future as a franchise.

TJ.

Rookie
Nichols, while being a good prospect, honeslty DOESN'T need to be added to the Knicks roster. They have enough guys on the court who are there for the purpose of scoring and if Houston makes the final squad then they have a legit shooter for the team. Even if Nichols does get signed, it isn't going to be like he is going to be getting major minutes while Crawford is still around. While it sucks to lose him, it isn't THAT much of a loss for the Knicks.

Mantovani

Rookie
I'd take D-Nich over Robinson any day. This kid DRAINS the 3's and his height is a huge asset. In an ideal world I'd want Isiah to say goodbye to Rose, James & Robinson (trades if possible) and send Jordan out to Europe for 1 season.

Nobody seems to remember that A Houston has no legs and he's for a lack of better words "Old and Slow" D.Nicholes is a young talented shooter, A.Houston is an old fadeing shooting star. It seems like an easy choice to me.