Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: King of Turnovers

you guys are a bunch of coward ass *****s who dont know nothin about winning games, except metro. DEFENSE wins games. I loved what Oakley brought to the Knicks in the 90's. A hard ass dude that wasnt backin down from no one. Curry backs away from point guards. If yall think that Randolph and Curry are gonna protect the basket then get off that crack. We gotta hope that our pg, sg, and sf dont allow players to get into the paint. i seen randolph play to, he seems a little bit better than Curry as far as positioning himself but I think he only averaged .2 blocks per game and Curry averaged .6 or .7 Thats not even 1 block between the 2 of them. I know defense aint all about blockin shots but these guys arent good at positioning themselves, cuttin off players, and stayin squared up between the hoop and the man of offense. I dont think theres much hope for them defensively, maybe minor improvements. The Knicks can unquestionably be a good team, but never a great team with Curry and Randolph wasting space down low. Thats all I gotta say, I just buried you motha****as and I aint got nuthin else to say. Ya'll just got sonned so let me speak to your pops now.

Ignorant post...ignorant one...you have terets? Or is your vocabulary so confined that these are the only remaining words? You're either frustrated that you can't prove a right point or frustrated with the W-L. The latter notion I can understand. But stick with the argument and not with the personal insults when you can't prove a point...you're acting like another ignorant poster on this site...I think you know who I'm talking about. We all know that defense wins games...who said that it didn't? That's a point no one is arguing and for you or anyone else to bring that up shows that you're scratching and clawing to prove an invalid point in a decent argument. I'm not going to argue about EC or Z-Bo anymore...I'm just going to wait til this season...which is what all the pessimists should be doing. But yet I didn't expect that because only the wise pick and choose what words are going to be said and the fool always just blabbers the first thing on his tongue...

What I missed most was posts like the last one (I'm kidding. Talk about saying nothing while saying alot.) It takes 5 (Thanks Gilbert Arenas and Addidas!) I get really tiredof folks acting like it's only on Curry and Randolph to play defense. Everyone's gonna have to contest shots and stay focused. This is the NBA, not the olympics. There's nothing singular about a 5 man game.

Superstar

obviously its not a one man show but for the most part, our guards and sfs do a pretty good job but theres only so much you can do when it comes to pick and rolls or help defense when your bigs dont play defense with passion or energy. just watch the old knicks teams...u see oakley and mason slacking?

Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    obviously its not a one man show but for the most part, our guards and sfs do a pretty good job but theres only so much you can do when it comes to pick and rolls or help defense when your bigs dont play defense with passion or energy. just watch the old knicks teams...u see oakley and mason slacking?
    true story, but i believe dat if the knicks shoot better from the FT line compared to last year and tighten up the defense out in da perimeter, we'll easily be a .500 team

We must come to reality here...this team doesn't scratch the surface to the old knicks so to always compare the current team to the old team is unfair. Lee is no Oak and Curry is no Ewing. As of right now...we have no legends on this roster. But we do have talent. And work ethic + talent = greatness.

Nyk Logo Did you guys watch ball last year

The problem we had last year was our perimeter shooting not points in the paint. I dont believe you guys didnt see that people were shooting all over us i know what the numbers said but if you watched the games we got beat up out in the perimeter. Stop looking at the stats and start watching games u loosers. and watch ur mouth dont be a computer thug your the type of person that wouldnt say nothing like that in real life bro keep it real with yourself.

NYC-BOY is correct.

The Knicks problems last year were with the perimeter both offensively and defensively. After Q's back started playing up the Knicks lost their big source of scoring deep on the court. Crawford is a good 3 point shooter however his shot selection is questionable at times. The Knicks did not have a reliable shooter to take those 3 point shots in games and thus focused on pouding it in the paint, which while it lead to a lot of points for players like Curry, lead to a lot of turnovers. The defense on the perimeter absolutely KILLED the Knicks in games. The Knicks are going to be one of the worst defensive teams next season, they NEED to guard the perimeter if they are going to try to win games by just outscoring the opposition apposed to trying to defensively shut them down.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Just what I thought you would do.. you are so lame... if you have time and money, i can show you how to debate son.
    I think George M or One and Only would have a better chance trying to get a class of homosexual autistic children to master the art of debating than you actually trying to get my respect. In past history on here, you've been man handle.

No defense and alot of turnovers = losing.

Curry = no defense and a lot of turnovers = 33 wins for the Knicks

Randolph = no defense and a lot turnovers = 32 wins for Portland.

What could this formula possibly add up to? Even more turnovers, more no defense and less wins?

Lets hope not, but this is the primary reason why I have doubt, and every other real concerned fan has doubt, and everyone else in the NBA doubt the Knicks.

We have way too many losing scorers(Crawford, Randolph, Curry). Guys who trade buckets with the opposing player but usually lose focus of winning and forget that the purpose of playing of the game is to WIN, not score the most points.

I wouldn't mind seeing these guys go away for the right value(expiring, draft picks, young unselfish defensive minded players). I have enough confidence in Lee, Balkman, Collins and even ROBINSON (who I doubted for so long but looks like he's changing his ways) to lead us, the NEW YORK KNICKS in the future, along with key vets like Marbury and Richardson.

I give up. None of yall know what your talkin about. **** ******* dicks. Metro is the only one on here it seems who realizes that Zrandolph and curry are both a gift and a curse, but more of a curse because they turn the ball over and they dont play defense. Its a team effort? When your 2 bigs dont play d, other teams know to attack them.

???????????????????????????????????????????????? Pointless....I can't do this anymore lol. No one is arguing that Curry and Z-Bo is both a gift and a curse. We know they were both TO proned and their defense is supsect. NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT.

"The Knicks can unquestionably be a good team, but never a great team with Curry and Randolph wasting space down low."

That's the point that I'm arguing. Do you not realize they are young? Do you not realize they can improve? Do you not realize they have great work ethics? Do you not realize they want to win? Do you not realize that they realize they have critics like you and every other pessimistic person out there that they want to prove wrong? Do you not realize they are working hard every day in practice to build up good tendencies on D??? You have no clue what you're talking about when you open your mouth on EC and Z-Bo...you are far from being finished...but I AM finished...next topic please...(notice how I crushed you without one personal diss...it takes self-discipline...it's ok...not everyone has it).

You did diss me at the end of your post but thats OK. I sed what i gotta say and thats it.

.[/QUOTE]

And Curry is the only person on the team responsible for the 33 win season? Nobody else committed turnovers? Nobody else played awful defense? If you listened to the game last week both Clyde and Breen pointed out that a massive reason for the teams bad defense was the perimeter defense. If Nate, Marbury, Francis, Crawford, and even everybodies hero David Lee could keep people in front of them maybe our defense would be better.

You can't just blame Curry for every team problem because you don't like him. Basketball is a team game and the whole team was to blame for the 33 wins.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by GetRealistic

And Curry is the only person on the team responsible for the 33 win season? Nobody else committed turnovers? Nobody else played awful defense? If you listened to the game last week both Clyde and Breen pointed out that a massive reason for the teams bad defense was the perimeter defense. If Nate, Marbury, Francis, Crawford, and even everybodies hero David Lee could keep people in front of them maybe our defense would be better.

You can't just blame Curry for every team problem because you don't like him. Basketball is a team game and the whole team was to blame for the 33 wins.[/QUOTE]

He is the most responsible. Its not about loving or not liking Curry, its about KNOWING. You and I know Curry is not a team player and has never showed it in his 6 years in the NBA.

Marbury actually kept people in front of him, did you watch my team last season? Marbury was kicking ass on defense.

I was really impressed with Marbury last season. I remember him doin a great job defensively on Gilbert Arenas and Ray allen. He really stepped up his D last year. Clyde would describe his defense as clinging to his opponent like a cheap suit. Hopefully with Crawford being stronger he can also step up his defense this year. He seems to be a good away from the ball defender but not a good 1 on 1 defender because of his lack of strength and probably defensive fundamentals to. Hes got the strength now, hes just gotta work on the footwork.