King of Turnovers

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
???????????????????????????????????????????????? Pointless....I can't do this anymore lol. No one is arguing that Curry and Z-Bo is both a gift and a curse. We know they were both TO proned and their defense is supsect. NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT.

"The Knicks can unquestionably be a good team, but never a great team with Curry and Randolph wasting space down low."

That's the point that I'm arguing. Do you not realize they are young? Do you not realize they can improve? Do you not realize they have great work ethics? Do you not realize they want to win? Do you not realize that they realize they have critics like you and every other pessimistic person out there that they want to prove wrong? Do you not realize they are working hard every day in practice to build up good tendencies on D??? You have no clue what you're talking about when you open your mouth on EC and Z-Bo...you are far from being finished...but I AM finished...next topic please...(notice how I crushed you without one personal diss...it takes self-discipline...it's ok...not everyone has it).

GetRealistic

Starter
Curry = no defense and a lot of turnovers = 33 wins for the Knicks

.[/QUOTE]

And Curry is the only person on the team responsible for the 33 win season? Nobody else committed turnovers? Nobody else played awful defense? If you listened to the game last week both Clyde and Breen pointed out that a massive reason for the teams bad defense was the perimeter defense. If Nate, Marbury, Francis, Crawford, and even everybodies hero David Lee could keep people in front of them maybe our defense would be better.

You can't just blame Curry for every team problem because you don't like him. Basketball is a team game and the whole team was to blame for the 33 wins.

metrocard

Legend
Curry = no defense and a lot of turnovers = 33 wins for the Knicks

And Curry is the only person on the team responsible for the 33 win season? Nobody else committed turnovers? Nobody else played awful defense? If you listened to the game last week both Clyde and Breen pointed out that a massive reason for the teams bad defense was the perimeter defense. If Nate, Marbury, Francis, Crawford, and even everybodies hero David Lee could keep people in front of them maybe our defense would be better.

You can't just blame Curry for every team problem because you don't like him. Basketball is a team game and the whole team was to blame for the 33 wins.[/QUOTE]

He is the most responsible. Its not about loving or not liking Curry, its about KNOWING. You and I know Curry is not a team player and has never showed it in his 6 years in the NBA.

Marbury actually kept people in front of him, did you watch my team last season? Marbury was kicking ass on defense.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I was really impressed with Marbury last season. I remember him doin a great job defensively on Gilbert Arenas and Ray allen. He really stepped up his D last year. Clyde would describe his defense as clinging to his opponent like a cheap suit. Hopefully with Crawford being stronger he can also step up his defense this year. He seems to be a good away from the ball defender but not a good 1 on 1 defender because of his lack of strength and probably defensive fundamentals to. Hes got the strength now, hes just gotta work on the footwork.

Kiyaman

Legend
Did the Knicks get something done about both ends of the Peremeter this offseason? YES!
In June they aquired Zach (offense), Fred Jones (defense), Rookie Chandler & Nicholes (they play both well offense & defense).

Did Isiah do something to help Curry this Offseason? Yes!
aquiring 6.11 Randolph Morris, and 6.9 Zach Randolph. The growth of young players Lee & Balkman improvement will give Curry a better lift this season.

What has been done about the Knicks backcourt this Offseason? nothing.
Still have Zeke Favorite PET Players "Marbury & Crawford" getting all the playingtime.

Preseason coaching should do something about lowering the 18 turnovers a game, and oponents 87 FGA per game.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
What Nothing was done

I guess Crawford gaining 15 pounds of muscle to his mid section was nothing i guess Isiah and his team of coaches didnt come up with that idea. Fred jones is a pg nichols and chandler are shooting guars he picked up j jordan who is a pg but he did nothing. Are you slow or something i ususally dont say this about people but something is def wrong with you. Oh yeah Marbury had no turnovers and 5 assits against tel aviv. So that means his average is 1 TO a game not too bad bro not too bad at all

:gony:

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Well the Knicks do led te NBA in turnovers. But the main focus is on the team, not one person(s) that cause tunovers. If there is somene to blame on the cause of the turnovers, that person should be the head coach/general manager, Isiah Thomas. If he was any real coach, he would take the time to help each player that cause turnovers. But we all know that Isiah has bette things to do, like trade off players for even more guards on the team and of course getting his big fat check from Jim Dolan.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
wow

So all the individuals who had problems last year who changed up to make there situation better this year was not because of Isiah. Ok once again 15 pounds of muscle so crawford can fight through screens and finish inside easier i see so many in ones this year from him oh boy. Curry loosing 20 pounds. Also last game Marbury didnt have a single turnover not one at all wow but still he dosnt get any love for that right You guys suck go root for another team please.

:gony:

metrocard

Legend
I was really impressed with Marbury last season. I remember him doin a great job defensively on Gilbert Arenas and Ray allen. He really stepped up his D last year. Clyde would describe his defense as clinging to his opponent like a cheap suit. Hopefully with Crawford being stronger he can also step up his defense this year. He seems to be a good away from the ball defender but not a good 1 on 1 defender because of his lack of strength and probably defensive fundamentals to. Hes got the strength now, hes just gotta work on the footwork.

Good analysis, we always seem something new each season, whether its positive or negative.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Curry Had No Turnovers

BUT WE LOST BY 40 POINTS 101 TO 61 THIS IS SAD I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK ABOUT THIS SITUATION. THEY HELD GARNET AND THE OTHER BIG MEN DOWN BUT THE GUARDS RAN THROUGH US AND THERE TEAM SHUT DOWN OUT TEAM BAD. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK ABOU THIS ZACH WENT NUT MARBURY WENT NUT AND NO ONE SCORED IN DOUBLE FIGURES FROM OUT TEAM. SOMEONE PLEASE BE OPTIMISTIC GIVE ME SOME KIND OF REASON TO BELIEVE THIS WONT HAPPEN AGAIN

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
We just had our heads handed to us. But this isn't necessarily a bad thing. First off...we didn't play our best players half of the time. If this were a real game...we would have been in the game the entire game and it wouldn't have been a blow out. Then you have to ask yourself, do you think KG can guard Z-Bo or Curry without getting in foul trouble. I guess that could go the other way also but we put our youngsters in the game early by looking at the play by play. The celtics played their projected rotation for most of the game while playing others sparingly. We played our entire roster basically lol. Thus not giving our star players rhythm or cohesion time on the court. Basketball is more than just stat sheets. So we have to look at all the factors other than just the numbers. I say we'll be alright...the next time they come around...we'll be ready for them.