F: David Blunthenthal / Casspi Omri
G: Vonteego Cummings / Tail Burstein / Yotam Halperin
G: Will Bynum / Derrick Sharp / Ezequiel Skverer / Regev Fanan

Three of Maccabi's starters are injured and won't play:
Nikola Vujčić
Tal Burstein
Will Bynum

and Balkman still got that boot on his leg

I can't wait!!!, I'm gonna miss some of the game cause I got work...so you guys better do some play by play on here :smokin:

I doubt that Houston will be playing tonight because he hasen't had any practice with his NEW team and probibly dosen't know Zeke's plays well enough yet, but I wouldn't be suprised if he gets a few minuts anyway. Go Jewish All-Stars! (Just kidding LOL :)) Can't wait to see some action!!! GO KNICKS!!!

metrocard

Legend
is alan houstin playing tonight?

You said I can't be a Knick fan...when you can't even spell Allan Houston's name and don't even know whos going to be in Knick uniform tonight. You lost.

Knicks win. Fred Jones looked awesome. He's like a slow Barbosa.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Jones has got game. Did you see the three he hit? And Jordan has got some real passing skills. I wasn't all that impressed with Robinson. Can't wait til Curry gets back. Should be a real force.

Log jam

It's clear this team has loads of talent. I hope Zeke can put it together so all the NY haters can shut up.

Sucks that whoever we cut other than James can be very useful for the team.

Kiyaman

Legend
A few things that should have been noticed:

Nate Robinson performance and changing the tempo WON this game for the Knicks.
The Knicks were down by 12 points when Nate Robinson came into the game and turned the lead into the Knicks favor it just reminds me how many times has I watched this imature Player (Nate) do this in the last two seasons (way to many times). Nate was put on the court with Defensive Players Collins, Malik, Jones, and Jefferies as a second Unit.

The Knicks second Unit lead by Nate Robinson went on a tear in the second quarter scoring 33 points that quarter (Defense players scoring). You had to LUV the Nate & Collins tandem alongside of strong Malik Rose. That's right Malik Rose was another big contributor.

Zach Randolph was not able to do much in the first half of the game, he came alive in the second half when the Knicks was settled into one tempo (Nate's). Marbury & Crawford was slashing to the hoop on a regular in the second half putting the oposition into steady foul trouble so the frontcourt players (Zach, Lee, Q.Rich, Chandler, and Morris) could just play their game for the WIN.

Isiah Thomas belive 6.2 Fred Jones is a keeper as the Knicks SG. He is not given Demetris Nicholes a chance to shine equally with Fred Jones by playing Nicholes with Nate & Collins. Playing Nicholes with PG-Jordan at garbage time show the two are not keepers this season.

This game showed the Knick players that Isiah Thomas is not interested in, and the Knick-players that will be his keepers. Isiah have to cut players or trade players to get this roster down to 15-players before regular season.
And guess who Isiah wants to trade whom market value keep growing? that's right Nate Robinson with two other Knick-players. Isiah will be sorry when he trade Nate and cut Nicholes...

P.S. Marbury dived for a lose ball!!!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Starks

Starter
Did Thomas get booed?

From what I read, the Knicks were the "away" team given the atmosphere of the Garden.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Jones has got game. Did you see the three he hit? And Jordan has got some real passing skills. I wasn't all that impressed with Robinson. Can't wait til Curry gets back. Should be a real force.

Nate had 12 points, 5 rebs and 5 assts in 20 minutes. Especially the 5 rebounds part. I do agree that Fred Jones got game and I also cant wait for Curry to come back even though we gonna be soft defensively down low with him and randolph. Isiah should at least give Nichols a chance, he only played him 5 minutes. He probably doesnt want nichols to look good cuz he already made up his mind that hes gonna cut him. We can thank H20 for that and Im not talkin about water.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
I hate this shit

Why is Isiah not even giving Nichols the chance to shine i hate this. Nichols showd that he is a force that needs to be recond wih i say give him some minutes with robinson so we can do the damn thing. im hearing kobe might be moving i hope he is trying to make nate look good so he can be packaged for kobe thats it. This kid jordan is pretty ok he has a nice lit handle. Whats up with Marbury hes not doing anything. Hes actually being out played by Nate seriously if he want to leave i think we should let him leave now cause hes really not doing anything for us

:gony:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Why is Isiah not even giving Nichols the chance to shine i hate this. Nichols showd that he is a force that needs to be recond wih i say give him some minutes with robinson so we can do the damn thing. im hearing kobe might be moving i hope he is trying to make nate look good so he can be packaged for kobe thats it. This kid jordan is pretty ok he has a nice lit handle. Whats up with Marbury hes not doing anything. Hes actually being out played by Nate seriously if he want to leave i think we should let him leave now cause hes really not doing anything for us

isiah made up his mind i think and i think isiah wasnt happy when demetris declined to go to europe to develop so isiah not giving em any minutes so other teams wont sign em i guess

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Why should Nichols go play in Europe if hes ready to contribute in the NBA? Only "Isiahsexuals" would not be irritated by this move. He looked real good in the summer league games and he deserves more of a chance now. 5 minutes doesnt give him enough time to work up a sweat.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Why should Nichols go play in Europe if hes ready to contribute in the NBA? Only "Isiahsexuals" would not be irritated by this move. He looked real good in the summer league games and he deserves more of a chance now. 5 minutes doesnt give him enough time to work up a sweat.

How is this Thomas' fault? Shouldn't you blame Houston. If I had it my way I'd give the kid a shot and send H20 in the office but Dolan and the Knicks fans don't want that.

Nate had good stats but he is still a showboat. He dribbles way too much. I'd much rather see Jordan get minutes. Nate is more of a two guard but he's too short to play it.

Last edited:

nykway24

Rookie
Hey Everyone This Is My First Post On The Forum And I Am Very Excited About This Upcomming Season. The Knicks Did A Great Job Against The Jewish Allstars Even Tho They Started Off A Lil Slow. I Liked What I Saw In The Preformances Of The Players. The One That Surprised Me The Most Was Nate. I Was Curious To See If His Summer League Play Would Fad Out But It Seems That Nate Is Finally Matureingg As A Guard. I Would Have Liked To See Demetris Play Alil Bit More Than He Did,but Im Not Mad At Isiah For It. I Have Heard That Demetris Hasnt Been Doin Soo Good In The Practices And Hes Been Getting Burned Defenceively So I Guess He Has To Start Doing Better If He Wants More Playing Time

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
How is this Thomas' fault? Shouldn't you blame Houston. If I had it my way I'd give the kid a shot and send H20 in the office but Dolan and the Knicks fans don't want that.

Nate had good stats but he is still a showboat. He dribbles way too much. I'd much rather see Jordan get minutes. Nate is more of a two guard but he's too short to play it.

You're right about Nichols. It is more Dolans fault and They said in one of the articles that isiahs not happy about houston coming back especially this close to the beginning of the season. It's not Houstons fault, hes just being loyal to the team that made him very rich. Better us than the Nets. Isiah is probably in a postion where, because of Dolan he has to keep houston on the team. As for Nate, I still disagree there, I thought he played good and so did a couple others on here but I cant make you change your mind and you cant make me change mine so I guess thats the end of it.

Donchris your right about both the Houston problem and the fact that Nate will never be a true point guard so the only hope in solving these matters will be for Zeke to pull off another trade or we cut the fat from our roster now. James, hate to say it Rose maby even Nate to make room for Nichols and Jordan. (Jordan rumored to be headed over seas for a year for us) D.Nichols is the same scoring guard Nate is except he's 6'8" insted of 5'8" with a better shoot.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Your crazy

who the hell does Nichols think he is demanding to play?

Zeke's right to punk him.

Why should this kid go to Europe even though he worked his ass off to be ready for the NBA. I dont think any one who has prepared themselves to stay in the US next to fam and friends should ship everything to another country thats no even cool. I would decline too. Well his treatment of this kid will come back to haunt him like it always does lol