A NEUTRAL Synopsis article on Isiah and what he should do to bring in Kobe

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21231824/

Great Article. Even though I don't agree with everything in it, I respect it alot since it's from a neutral standpoint. The biggest truth from this article is that it takes balls for a GM to come to the NYK and walk in the press conference and tell one of the biggest NBA Franchise fan base that this team is going totally rebuild and the first couple of seasons are going to have growing pains. What do you think?

honey230

Rookie
I guess I'm too much of a "anxious for the Knicks to win" Knicks fan to even listen to alot of what he was saying. I don't think this season will be a lost. I think we can have a good season with the roster we have. He didn't see much talent on the roster we have now, which to mean sounds ludicris. Say what you want about the chemisty and chances of Zach and Curry having issues working together. But lack of talent, I don't think so. I did agree about the idea of putting together a package to obtain Kobe. But I don't want to give up half the team to do so. I guess we'll see what happens. I read another article stating that Buss, Lakers owner is willing to listen to offers for Kobe. See link below
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21254250/
So there is a good chance that Kobe will end his career in another city. Hopefully it will be NY!

Starks

Starter
Interesting article.

It's true that teams in other sports that admit defeat and blow up their franchises rebound nicely.

The Bobcats will be the next NBA bottm feeder that will have a Golden State Warrior like season.

The Jazz, and Raptors rebounded into upper divison teams.

In other sports, The Coloardo Rockies and D-Backs are playing for a league championship.

But its always small market teams that have the room to do this. I think the Knicks would be too embarrased to tell fans, Okay lets blow this team up again, if we have another season like last year.

Giving up Lee,Crawford and a big contract for Kobe is nothing. We would be stealing him for almost nothing. I love what both Lee and Crawford bring to the team but if we could dump a big contract(either ane of the JJ's) and these guys, Isiah would be foolish not to jump on this. I'm not so sure the deal would work for LA but its wishfull thinking right.

metrocard

Legend
Interesting article.

It's true that teams in other sports that admit defeat and blow up their franchises rebound nicely.

The Bobcats will be the next NBA bottm feeder that will have a Golden State Warrior like season.

The Jazz, and Raptors rebounded into upper divison teams.

In other sports, The Coloardo Rockies and D-Backs are playing for a league championship.

But its always small market teams that have the room to do this. I think the Knicks would be too embarrased to tell fans, Okay lets blow this team up again, if we have another season like last year.

Good observation. Us passionate Knick fans are willing to take the road the Jazz, Raptors, Chicago, and Suns went through...instead of being a losing team for a decade with more question marks in the future.

"Thomas was another in a long line of executives who didn't have the stomach to rebuild." This guy is a bitch. yeah lets wait seven yrs like the bulls just to be respectable so we could end up like the trailblazers as a matter of fact dolan should get jerome james over to oden's house to sit on his sofa.

Throwing seasons doesn't take guts it takes a big tube of vagasil and a copy of the crying game. Sports is about winning. Assholes throw seasons and that's why garnett wasted his career in minny lebron may never see the finals again and AI probably won't ever get a ring. These idiot's stumble onto the #1 pick and we get to see one of the greatest players on earth get whored out to some small market moron that can't give the guy a decent shot to win anything but at least it gives people false hope so that's gotta count for something.

TJ.

Rookie
In my opinion the Knicks DO NOT NEED Kobe Bryant. After all these years they finally have a respectable side filled with some decent veterans and a great developing youth. There is no point trading away what has taken so long to take shape for Kobe Bryant. While Kobe is the best basketballer on the planet, the Knicks would be better off without him in the long run. With teams like Detroit being to slow down, Tim Duncan not getting any younger and injuries beginning to take their toll on some of the top players in the league, the Knicks should not jeopardise their future by trading away one of the best young squads. If time is given for these guys to improve their chemistry with each other you never know what can happen in a few years.

All this being said, I wouldn't mind if Kobe came and played for the Knicks IF it meant that we didn't have to sacrifice some of our crucial developing players for the future such as Lee.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Sorry Bro Theres No Other Way

:gony:Come on thats all we have to offer they wont take anything else are you serous. If we have to do othat oh well we have to do what we have to do then. I do agree with you i would rather beat him then put him on our team. The way we have it if one player gets injured we still have a chance to win regardless of which player it is if we trade for Kobe we wont be able to do that.

metrocard

Legend
NY Knicks trade
Randolph
Curry
Crawford
Robinson

LA Lakers trade
Kobe
Mihm
Brown

LA Lakers
Fisher/Famar/Robinson
Crawford/Crittenton
Odom/Walton/Radmanovic
Randolph/Turiaf/Cook
Curry/Bynum

NY Knicks

Marbury/Collins/Jordan
Kobe/Jones
Balkman/Jefferies/Chandler
Lee/Rose
Brown/Mihm

We get a defensive C, keep Lee and Balkman and get Kobe. Win, win WIN.

George M.

Benchwarmer
NY Knicks trade
Randolph
Curry
Crawford
Robinson

LA Lakers trade
Kobe
Mihm
Brown

LA Lakers
Fisher/Famar/Robinson
Crawford/Crittenton
Odom/Walton/Radmanovic
Randolph/Turiaf/Cook
Curry/Bynum

NY Knicks

Marbury/Collins/Jordan
Kobe/Jones
Lee/Rose
Brown/Mihm

Si Pendejo.BTW,you traded away both of our low post scorers you dimwit! How do we play inside out offense? Lee,Rose,Brown or Mihm have ZERO post game.How do we win without an inside low post presence pendejo? Please explain!!!!!!!

TJ.

Rookie
NY Knicks trade
Randolph
Curry
Crawford
Robinson

LA Lakers trade
Kobe
Mihm
Brown

LA Lakers
Fisher/Famar/Robinson
Crawford/Crittenton
Odom/Walton/Radmanovic
Randolph/Turiaf/Cook
Curry/Bynum

NY Knicks

Marbury/Collins/Jordan
Kobe/Jones
Lee/Rose
Brown/Mihm

We don't get a defensive center at all. Brown is useless. For that trade we lose our 3 top scorers for only scorer on the Lakers. Who do the Knicks have besides Marbury who can put up points when Kobe has an off game? Curry is still developing and he is going to be a beast in few seasons. This is a very bad trade that will haunt the Knicks in the future if it ever went through.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
lol

First off it wont go throught cause first they will want Lee. No one wants Marbury so thats out of the question cause he wants to play ball in Europe next year and actually every team in the league did better except the timberwolves when he left. Now getting rid of Zach and Curry are you out of your mind Kobe needs to play an inside out game so you need on of the other actually i would rather keep Zach i love Curry but Zach can do so much more then curry with his outside shot sorry thats just my opinion. well LA will probably want Lee Nate Crawford and i would give them Curry not sure if it would work but something like that would probably be the best scenario plus a first round pick or two who knows.

:gony:

metrocard

Legend
We don't get a defensive center at all. Brown is useless. For that trade we lose our 3 top scorers for only scorer on the Lakers. Who do the Knicks have besides Marbury who can put up points when Kobe has an off game? Curry is still developing and he is going to be a beast in few seasons. This is a very bad trade that will haunt the Knicks in the future if it ever went through.

We have the worst post defense in the NBA, are you serious with that?

We have Lee who can give you 10-15 points and can easily replace Randolph.

You don't know what Curry is going to be in 5 years, stop predicting the future.

You don't see no future in Balkman, Lee, and Collins? SMH @ you...you need a little more faith in the youth.

Kobe is better than Curry/Randolph combined. Kobe is a #1 player and a MVP candidate each season who's only getting better and maturing his game each season.

Si Pendejo.BTW,you traded away both of our low post scorers you dimwit! How do we play inside out offense? Lee,Rose,Brown or Mihm have ZERO post game.How do we win without an inside low post presence pendejo? Please explain!!!!!!!

How do we win with no post defense and a lot of turnovers by two selfish big men? Has that ever be done before in the history of the NBA?

Lee, and Mihm have post games, they're not power post games but they both have the aiblity to score in the post. That isn't the most important thing.

We get the best player in the NBA, keep Lee, Balkman and Collins.

Excellent trade.

lol, you use the word "dimwit". I know you're not from NYC, conyaso.

First off it wont go throught cause first they will want Lee. No one wants Marbury so thats out of the question cause he wants to play ball in Europe next year and actually every team in the league did better except the timberwolves when he left. Now getting rid of Zach and Curry are you out of your mind Kobe needs to play an inside out game so you need on of the other actually i would rather keep Zach i love Curry but Zach can do so much more then curry with his outside shot sorry thats just my opinion. well LA will probably want Lee Nate Crawford and i would give them Curry not sure if it would work but something like that would probably be the best scenario plus a first round pick or two who knows.

It would go threw actually, Lakers would prefer Randolph over Lee in a minute.

Marbury is a top 10 PG, you have to be retarded to think NO ONE IN THE NBA wants Marbury.

Kobe got the Lakers to playoffs in the WESTERN conference with no consistent post scorers.

You're right about one thing, you're not very sure.

My trade is legit, this may sound funny but I tried in NBA 2k8...I simulated and Knicks won over 50 games on the span of 5 years, and got one championship against the Suns in 7.

Its just a thought for the positive direction. Curry has never lead a team to the playoffs in his career, and Randolph is a loser. Kobe is the complete opposite.

WE NEED TO RESPOND TO WHAT BOSTON DID, BOSTON ADDED TWO HALL OF FAMERS AND MOVED OUT OF THE POOL OF LOTTERY TEAMS INTO THE ELITES.

Getting Kobe would guarantee us a spot in the playoffs and success in the future. We don't know yet Curry or Randolph can do that.

BTW, center is such an overrated position, people want Shaq or Yao at center, but Spurs got Elson at the C spot and sitll manage to be successful, same with Pistons who have Nazr. We'll be excellent at 4 positions, and have a guy who's only good at post defense (our weaknesses). Win win win for the Knicks.

TJ.

Rookie
We have the worst post defense in the NBA, are you serious with that?

Getting Mihm or Brown won't solve the problem. At least with Z-Bo and Curry they are fatter players and their size restricts the amount of openings. I know it sounds silly, but it's the truth.

metrocard said:
We have Lee who can give you 10-15 points and can easily replace Randolph.

Lee is a 6th man, not a starter. It doesn't matter what his stats say, we need him as a 6th man.

metrocard said:
You don't know what Curry is going to be in 5 years, stop predicting the future.

You don't see no future in Balkman, Lee, and Collins? SMH @ you...you need a little more faith in the youth.

You just told me to stop predicting the futrue, then ask if I don't see anything in our future? Uh.... Hypocrite much?

metrocard said:
Kobe is better than Curry/Randolph combined. Kobe is a #1 player and a MVP candidate each season who's only getting better and maturing his game each season.

Yeah, really maturing when he is constantly asking for and then denying trade rumours. Sure he is a great player, but if he wants to win a championship he needs support. The Knicks roster without Z-Bo and Curry wouldn't give him that support he needs. Sure he is in a weaker East division, but if or when they get to the Finals it would be similar to Spurs/Cavs. You can't place the entire hope of your team on one persons shoulders. The Knicks are better off with their current roster.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Getting Mihm or Brown won't solve the problem. At least with Z-Bo and Curry they are fatter players and their size restricts the amount of openings. I know it sounds silly, but it's the truth.

Lee is a 6th man, not a starter. It doesn't matter what his stats say, we need him as a 6th man.

You just told me to stop predicting the futrue, then ask if I don't see anything in our future? Uh.... Hypocrite much?

Yeah, really maturing when he is constantly asking for and then denying trade rumours. Sure he is a great player, but if he wants to win a championship he needs support. The Knicks roster without Z-Bo and Curry wouldn't give him that support he needs. Sure he is in a weaker East division, but if or when they get to the Finals it would be similar to Spurs/Cavs. You can't place the entire hope of your team on one persons shoulders. The Knicks are better off with their current roster.
EXACTLY TJ!!!! This guy would gladly give up not 1 but both of our proven low post scorers when KB24 needs a proven low post corer to compete for a Championship(See Shaq).That trade he made turns us into the NYKobe's just like the Cleveland LeBrons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George M.

Benchwarmer
EXACTLY TJ!!!! This guy would gladly give up not 1 but both of our proven low post scorers when KB24 needs a proven low post corer to compete for a Championship(See Shaq).That trade he made turns us into the NYKobe's just like the Cleveland LeBrons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh BTW Metro,before you try to pick apart my last post you should think real hard! I don't want to just appear in the Finals.I want a Chip damnit!!! You seem like you'd be happy with repeats of '94 & '99.Those were good times.But not good enough.And if you don't like dimwit I'll just go back to your favorite-pendejo.Comprende???

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Interesting article. He spared Thomas unlike much of the robotic media. But the talk of Kobe/Jackson is retarded. Knicks can and will make a run for Kobe. It can work if they ship off Lee or Balkman, Richardson, Crawford and two more young players. It can work but Chicago can offer more. It will be interesting. It's really up to Kobe since he's got the final say so.

TJ.

Rookie
Kobe wouldn't have the final say in it. The Lakers would be trading him to better their club, not to send him off to wherever he wants to go. If he was traded they would take the best deal available, not the ideal location Kobe wants to go.

Kobe wouldn't have the final say in it. The Lakers would be trading him to better their club, not to send him off to wherever he wants to go. If he was traded they would take the best deal available, not the ideal location Kobe wants to go.

You better think again. Kobe has a no trade clause for a reason. He won't go to any team that the Lakers will decimate, and he'd basically be in the same situation he is now. He will dictate more than them where he goes, or stay there and not go and become a fa, and they lose him for nothing.

This is why people can say what they want, but the Knicks have a legitimate shot at getting him. Especially if they play well.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Randolph is garbage

You are and idiot. 24 points and 10 rebounds is garbage. In what world do you live in. Metro something is wrong with you do u have a chemical imbalance or something.