A NEUTRAL Synopsis article on Isiah and what he should do to bring in Kobe

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Kobe will not come to New York. Isiah will have to do a lot of stupid things to get him. Like trade off our 1st round draft pick or get rid of all our need players. Plus, Kobe has too big of a ego to come to NY. It would be just like Larry Brown and Iverson/Marbury, they hardly got along. Kobe is an independet player. Not a team one.

only true knicks fans will boycot and demand changes in management,coaching,OWNERSHIP,and players and the only way to do so is hit dolan in the pocket and BOYCOTT!!!!!!

kobe will not come for one reason,the knicks are LOSERS!!!!

n e t s nets! nets!nets!!!

STARBURY the self proclaimed best point gaurd in the nba is just like dolan ,he has never and will never win!!! dolan just a rich boy who leans on daddys shoulder and SUCKS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Wow ur a looser

You are a serious looser. you have nothing better to do with your time but to go on another teams forum to rag on them. u are a serious looser. It will be so funny by the end of the season when you find out that we have a better record then you. You should shoot yourself for being a trader. And your boy is hurt too u guys wont be near 500

:gony:

George M.

Benchwarmer
only true knicks fans will boycot and demand changes in management,coaching,OWNERSHIP,and players and the only way to do so is hit dolan in the pocket and BOYCOTT!!!!!!

kobe will not come for one reason,the knicks are LOSERS!!!!

n e t s nets! nets!nets!!!

STARBURY the self proclaimed best point gaurd in the nba is just like dolan ,he has never and will never win!!! dolan just a rich boy who leans on daddys shoulder and SUCKS!!!
Dude,go back to your Nets site where all 6 of you should be quite comfy and cozy together ,you PUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all ... first time posting ... been a long-time lurker.

Just by way of introduction ... I'm a born and bred laker fan but have been cheering for the Knicks since 1985 and two of my four sons are HUGE Knicks fans.

I am also convinced the Lakers are losing Kobe. Based on the rumors and confirmed statements coming out of LA, there is no way he remains a Laker for life.

As a Laker fan that really pisses me off. But being realistic, I'd like to see us get the best possible deal for him. And being a New Yorker now for 22 years, I would LOVE to see him in a Knick's jersey. Also being realistic, I don't think the Knicks have enough to offer to land him without a third team being involved. So here is my crazy-a** idea for a three-way that I honestly think works for all 3 teams.

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players:
Zach Randolph
Shawn Marion
NY's 1st pick

Outgoing Players:
Jordan Farmar
Kwame Brown
Kobe Bryant

New York Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
Kobe Bryant

Outgoing Players
David Lee
Nate Robinson
Fred Jones
Zach Randolph

Phoenix Trade Breakdown:

Incoming Players
Jordan Farmar
Kwame Brown
David Lee
Nate Robinson
Fred Jones

Outgoing Players
Shawn Marion

Phoenix gives up Marion for a forward (Lee) who is perfect for their system. A hustling, rebounding machine who also plays defense. Plus they pick up a good, young PG to spell Nash, a big expiring contract in Kwame, and another guard who will explode in the Sun's system in Robinson.

We get TWO All-Star qualilty front line players plus at least NY's pick. A front line that includes Randolph, Marion and Odom will make noise in the West especially since PJ can go REAL big and run Crit, Odom, Bynum, Randolph and Marion all at the same time. Our biggest problem will be a lack of an experienced TWO guard but we can play Odom at guard plus Evans is still in the rotation.

And New York gets Kobe plus Kobe gets to play with an established post threat in Curry. New York would FINALLY make the playoffs with a starting five of Marbury, Crawford, Curry, Jeffries, and Kobe at small forward instead of SG. A little weak in the front court but Marbury, Crawford and Kobe would be lights out offensively.

metrocard

Legend
Getting Mihm or Brown won't solve the problem. At least with Z-Bo and Curry they are fatter players and their size restricts the amount of openings. I know it sounds silly, but it's the truth.

Lee is a 6th man, not a starter. It doesn't matter what his stats say, we need him as a 6th man.

You just told me to stop predicting the futrue, then ask if I don't see anything in our future? Uh.... Hypocrite much?

Yeah, really maturing when he is constantly asking for and then denying trade rumours. Sure he is a great player, but if he wants to win a championship he needs support. The Knicks roster without Z-Bo and Curry wouldn't give him that support he needs. Sure he is in a weaker East division, but if or when they get to the Finals it would be similar to Spurs/Cavs. You can't place the entire hope of your team on one persons shoulders. The Knicks are better off with their current roster.

Brown would give us an option at post defense. Having an option rather than zero options is better. It will be a solution.

Their size restricts the amount of openings? I don't think myself or anyone here understands your logic. Curry and Randolph's both have inabilities and are unskilled defensively, regardless of how fat or even in shape they are. Its about PERFORMANCE, when you learn a skill, you have to preform to showcase you learned it. Their SIZE? Peter John Ramos is 7"3 290...and he's an awful defender. Size doesn't equate to defense. Our best defender is 6"7 and 200 lbs. Its about factors like high skill level, ability, motivation, consistency and other key factors that make players like Balkman, Artest, Bell, Bowen elite defenders.

Lee is our best player patrolling the painted area. We need him at 35 minutes at least if want to win. Why be a loser? I'm tired of losing brother, and I want the best chances of winning. The best chance of winning is playing your most efficient players. Lee and Balkman happened to be those guys. If you can't see that, then I suggest for you to watch more Knick games. We played our best with Lee and Balkman running the court.

You have no faith in the Knicks roster other than Randolph and Curry? Whatever happened to Collins, Lee, Balkman, Robinson, Marbury? My good friend, did you get a watch the Knicks last season? These guys preformed at a high level as a team and would be a great supporting cast for a player of Kobe's skill level, especially in the East. Not trading two fat guys who have no ability or skill to play defense for Kobe is really one of the most bizarre things I heard; you're weird my dude.

George M, you type like a child looted off acid and pcp at once. Just stop.

Hi all ... first time posting ... been a long-time lurker.

Just by way of introduction ... I'm a born and bred laker fan but have been cheering for the Knicks since 1985 and two of my four sons are HUGE Knicks fans.

I am also convinced the Lakers are losing Kobe. Based on the rumors and confirmed statements coming out of LA, there is no way he remains a Laker for life.

As a Laker fan that really pisses me off. But being realistic, I'd like to see us get the best possible deal for him. And being a New Yorker now for 22 years, I would LOVE to see him in a Knick's jersey. Also being realistic, I don't think the Knicks have enough to offer to land him without a third team being involved. So here is my crazy-a** idea for a three-way that I honestly think works for all 3 teams.

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players:
Zach Randolph
Shawn Marion
NY's 1st pick

Outgoing Players:
Jordan Farmar
Kwame Brown
Kobe Bryant

New York Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
Kobe Bryant

Outgoing Players
David Lee
Nate Robinson
Fred Jones
Zach Randolph

Phoenix Trade Breakdown:

Incoming Players
Jordan Farmar
Kwame Brown
David Lee
Nate Robinson
Fred Jones

Outgoing Players
Shawn Marion

Phoenix gives up Marion for a forward (Lee) who is perfect for their system. A hustling, rebounding machine who also plays defense. Plus they pick up a good, young PG to spell Nash, a big expiring contract in Kwame, and another guard who will explode in the Sun's system in Robinson.

We get TWO All-Star qualilty front line players plus at least NY's pick. A front line that includes Randolph, Marion and Odom will make noise in the West especially since PJ can go REAL big and run Crit, Odom, Bynum, Randolph and Marion all at the same time. Our biggest problem will be a lack of an experienced TWO guard but we can play Odom at guard plus Evans is still in the rotation.

And New York gets Kobe plus Kobe gets to play with an established post threat in Curry. New York would FINALLY make the playoffs with a starting five of Marbury, Crawford, Curry, Jeffries, and Kobe at small forward instead of SG. A little weak in the front court but Marbury, Crawford and Kobe would be lights out offensively.

We're not trading one of the best rebounder's in the world. Please take Curry, we'll keep Lee.

lol, you want Odom to play SG? You would prefer the slowest line up in the NBA? That deal sucks balls for all teams.

We also gotta keep in mind that Garnett wasn't traded for the world, nor will Kobe. Randolph/Curry should be enough, with additional players or picks. Keeping Balkman and Lee is a MUST, though two would be a perfect compliment for Kobe, along with Kobe's amigo, Starbury.

Last edited: