SNY Knicksblog Radio Updates

msilva177

Benchwarmer
Hello KnicksOnline

First I want to thank you all for giving me feedback all summer. I envisioned a show about basketball very much the same way I put together my baseball venture. In some ways basketball might be more successful because there is so little coverage of the sport from an independent journalist perspetive. I promised this back in June and now its here

Sunday at 9am Oct 21st will be the debut show of Gotham Hoops Live - the show is a little like the new Yankees Stadium and CitiField - Under construction from a looks and logo perspective, but the content is there. My ETA of the website is Nov 1st but you will be able to listen live, replay, or subscribe via iTunes at www.blogtalkradio.com/gothamhoopslive

This Sunday you will hear the following

1) My introduction - give you a little history about me as a Knicks fan and independent journalist

2) Nick Shlain from Father Knickerbocker at MVN.com will talk Knicks

3) Joe Caporoso of "Nothing but Nets" will talk Nets Basketball at about 9:30

4) From 9:45 to about 10 AM I will do closing thoughts and take some calls (if there are any) call in # is 347-215-8199

Please tell your fellow Knicks and Nets fans about the show. I hope to have some former players, journalist, and a few surprises throughout the season.

I will tell you more about the project on air and give a shout out to you guys - your the best!

Mike Silva
Gotham Hoops Live

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Hey thanks for including us in your radio station man! I tuned into your station. Thanks again!A knick fan 20 years and counting huh! great to hear that ;)

Oh and I strongly agree with what you said about the knicks getting hurt if they only have 6,000 fans while playing against teams like Charlotte, etc. that will hurt Dolans pocket.

Last edited:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
show was great mike! i just added the player on the homepage, hopefully it will drag more attention

msilva177

Benchwarmer
Guys

Thank you for the feedback. Hoping to have Alan Hahn on (pre-recorded) next Sunday. Pat from the Big Push and Joe Nets Fan are on tab for the near future as well.

Working hard with Gotham on the site and should be up by Nov 1st - at that point I believe some former Knicks/Nets is very feasible.

Rady - if you or one of the guys from this board want to come on to do a segment in Nov PM me

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Damn

the only problem i have is sharing the spot with the Nets. This is NY and the Knicks are the only NY team period. Im tired of hearing about the Nets being a NY team if it happens in the future hey thats what it is but for now the knicks is the only team that plays for NY and i really hate sharing anything with these guys. i think if its gonna be about NY whatever the only team that should be on the broadcast is the Knicks if it was baseball i understand the Yankees and Mets doing it together because its about NY baseball. This is just a problem im having with the situation. And Yeah i hate that the Giants and Jets play in Jersey i really dont feel like they are New York teams either. Although at least there logo says they represent NY.

:gony:

msilva177

Benchwarmer
I definately hear you about the whole Nets and NY situation. But remember this team is headed for Brooklyn and a upstart site needs to recognize that as well.

As a life long Knicks fan even I will say that in losing the Knicks are a better story then the Nets are winning. So rest be assured there will be plenty of Knicks talk.

Right now for this upcoming Nets show I might not have a Nets guest, so this could be a more heavy Knicks week.

It will vary, but I assure you the Knicks will not be short changed

metrocard

Legend
I'm calling in this Sunday, if I'm not drunk. Well, I should call high and drunk and just rant...no cursing.

metrocard

Legend
At what time slot do you accept callers? I know you do an introduction and present hot topics...is at 9:30 or 9:45 or something?

msilva177

Benchwarmer
Guys

To answer the question I normally accept callers at about 9:45

This week I hope (unless something goes crazy) to have interviews with Alan Hahn of Newsday and Al Iannazzone of the Record.

I should have time for 10 minutes of calls, but listen to the show and I will give call in number and times etc.

Thanks for listening

msilva177

Benchwarmer
Alan Hahn and Al Iannazonne on Gotham Hoops Live Sunday 10/28 @ 9am

Hey Guys

Had a chance to sit down with Both Alan Hahn and Al Iannazonne this morning and talked Knicks and Nets. You will hear both those interviews

Feel Free to call in and discuss Hoops at 9:45 to 10 AM

Very interesting take by both beat writers, I also asked them to comment on the SI article that predicts that Knicks finishing in the playoffs and the Nets out

Listen live at 9am or to the replay, or subscribe via iTunes at www.blogtalkradio.com/gothamhoopslive

msilva177

Benchwarmer
Sunday Nov 4th - Opening Weekend

Eric Thibault of MVN.com "End of the Bench" goes around the league with me to assess where every stands with the local teams.

I will recap opening night for both the Knicks and Nets - tough loss tonight for the Knicks, but saw some good signs

Listen live at 9am or to the replay at www.blogtalkradio.com/gothamhoopslive

msilva177

Benchwarmer
Blogger Beat

This week we have the blogger beat on Gotham Hoops Live

Pat Infante of the Bigpush.info joins me the first half hour to discuss the Knicks and his blog. In the second Half Hour Michael Senno of njnetcast.com will talk about the Nets strong start this first week.

Listen live at 9am or to the replay at www.blogtalkradio.com/gothamhoopslive

msilva177

Benchwarmer
Gotham Sports Radio Up and Running

Guys

I wanted to let you know that my official home is now open and ready for business at www.gothamsportsradio.com

please replay to me i this thread or PM me if someone from the board would like to come on and talk Knicks on a future show.

Thank you for your support - working on some fun stuff. Hoping to get some former Knicks on before the New Year, but that takes some time

All feedback is appreciated!

Mike

msilva177

Benchwarmer
Free Balling with Michael Mandlin

Little late letting you know about today's show (I am writing this to you while on the air) -but if you like to listen to my rant about the Knicks situation and some perspective about the team from a new blogger Michael Mandlin of the blog Free Ballin you can listen live or to the replay at www.gothamsportsradio.com just go to the Headlines sections

Thanks again for your support - will be mentioning you guys at the end of ever show as a syndicated site

Mike