Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boston & Nets vs Knicks

Veteran

Nyk Logo

With SF-Balkman out that makes Rookie Chandler the best Athletic SF on this Knick team that could add something successful on both ends of the court.

Chandler is Hungry!

If President/Coach Isiah Thomas has not witness in the last two preseason games that both Curry & Zach add a BIG weakness to this team on the defensive end of the court, and that it will take a long time before both should be put on the court together, plus both should be sitting on the bench together alot at the start of the first 25 regular season games or at least untill Renaldo Balkman is healthy to play alongside of them with Lee or Chandler.
    If Isiah dont recognize this now then he has to be one of the dummest coaches in the NBA.

New Team same results:

Four Preseason games played, the first two games you could see the problems inwhich this Knick-Team had to adjust to before the regular season (The slow players in the starting lineup that has problems adjusting to differ oponents).

The last two Preseason games which included Center Eddy Curry in the lineup and rotation it showed "New Team with same poor result".

It is bad enough this Knick Team showed a slow start at the start of every game with Marbury & Crawford with PF-Kurt Thomas. Now they have PF-Zach Randoph same results as K-Thomas.
    But when adding Curry to the rotation the entire 48 minutes is way to slow to compete on both ends of the court.

These four players are Halfcourt Offensive players that have a high career of turnover in a halfcourt-offense, and absolutely the worst of players on any kind of DEFENSE, especially when you include "Poor Excuse" Q.Richardson (The Head Coach gets all the BLAME for this and any lost. It is the Head Coach job to provide peremeter defense.)...

So let me get this straight...hmmm....you want...to put Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph...our top 2 scorers on the team...number 1 and 2 options on offense on the bench...until Balkman comes back? And you're saying if Isiah doesn't do this he's one of the dumbest coaches in the league? WOW. That was truly a dumb post. It is your opinion of course but still...we have too much respect for this forum to allow dumb posts like this. Come on step it up! And this is the preseason. Don't fall into the Ls in the preseason. Some things did trouble me but the scoreboard tells lies. Just say we got the L...don't look at the scoreboard because at the end of the day the score wouldn't be like that if we played our best their regular minutes....

They both might be 33 but they would still help down low on defence hell I'd even like to have A.Mourning or D.Mutumbo at least we would have a defencive pressance in the paint. Even if they are closer to seinior-citazinship then most NBA players these days any of them would be a help to us now. In two years the'll be gone and hopefully Isiah is a scout for the Knicks by then(or any thing in an office) and has replaced them with another stud via draft or maby even by then we could sign a free agency player if we have lost enough of our big contracts.

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by datruth
    lol at ya giving up after 2 preseason games
    likee really guys its the preseason clam down. u guys are like sharks attacking at every lil thing lets give the knicks sometime. this is why there is the preseason to work out the kinks. and u act like we lost every game were 2-2 thats .500 thats something i wished we could have come close to last yr. im sure the knicks are gonna get there act together lets jus see at the game against boston at the garden.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    [B]Two embarrasing Loses for the Knicks!

It will suprise alot of Knick-Fans that the best Knick Lineup that have chemistry on both ends of the court from working on co-existing together this offseason in alot of Scrimage games will be:

C-Morris, PF-Lee, SF-Balkman, SF-Chandler, SG-Nicholes, PG-Collins, and PG-Nate.
    This young Seven-Man lineup will put all of Isiah Thomas PET-Players to shame...

<!-- / message -->
    i actually agree that they will have the best chemistry but the reality is morris isnt ready to start and has nowhere near the scoring of randolph or curry. i think that for this team to be successful were gonna have to blend these tweo units and integrate some chemistry, at least with 2-3 players on the court at a time. right now its either all chemistry off the bench or none starting, so i think a blend of like 2 units but that can still be interchanged is critical. any lineup with 2-3 bench players will have energy and hustle and defense, which hopefully can cover or negate the bad defensive effort from the other guys.

I like the young line up as well but honestly these kids would get stomped by any team in the leage with out our over paid vets on the team. I know how much you don't like Eddy, but he should definitly be included when your talking about our young talent. Nate needs to go as well he's a SG in a PG body that looks to shoot first instead of pass, Collins is probably our best facilatating PG, but is he quick enough to stay with the PG's in the leage defencivly? I like the young kids more than our vets as well but do we really want to sacrafice another couple of seasons waiting for these kids to mature or should we just be giving them significent playing time and wait for some of our rediculous contracts to expire.

I agree with the guys who said not to get overly excited over 2 preseason losses...our starters played about a quarter n a half each....and i also agree that our second unit is solid, an that they can run against NBA competition. Isiah just needs to integrate the lineup, and have two starting lingeups sort of, instead of a starting lineup and a bench...;make subs 5 players at a time, make teams see real fresh legs....and rotate the other 5 players...we have the talent to do it....

Jordan...........Robinson
    Crawford........Marbury
    Richardson.....Balkman
    Lee...............Randolph
    Curry.............Morris

Players to rotate (Chandler, Jefferies, Jones, Rose, Collins)

cut jjames...he's injured for the season, just buy him out
    Last edited by Toons; Oct 22, 2007 at 09:53.