Channing on the block... again.

NYKnicks15

Starter
according to sources, channing frye has been offered to the chicago bulls for tyrus thomas. the bulls do not want to part with thomas and portland would rather have had david lee in the randolph trade but felt forced seeing randolphs contract.

knowing this i think i actually have to give isiah credit on that move. but anyway what do you think it is with channng? he has a lot of promise. orr will he forever be a 12 pt and 3-4 reb player?

i know a few knickonliners stated that from the beginning. i think don chris and metro card were two that stick out.

i like the kid, so i hope he stays at least a solid player. but this is not good news to already be on the block again

He's a soft big man that might develope a decent jumper, he dosen't play any defence or rebound. That dosen't sound very good to me and I'm sure that NBA GM's would agree that they don't need a soft non-rebounding/no defence playing PF/C like him on there roster. Who would be in need of the services( or lack there of :))he offers?. Personaly I think he will be out of the leage before he ever hits his so called prime I think the Knicks saw him peak and were like what the fu.. and started to look to trade him while he still fooled some people. Nice move Zeke get rid of S.Francis's huge contract and now everbody sees what kind of "talent" C.Frye really has... None.

jzero29

Rotation player
A little harsh on Frye.

He's only been in the league for 2 yrs, he had the sophmore slump bad, He can turn it around. I like Frye, he has potential. Don't get me wrong he needs a lot of work, but he's not talentless. I think he'll do fine in portland(or where ever) once he settles in. He's tall, needs to put on some weight and then he can bang better, needs a little more confidence. Thin he'll rebound nicely from a bad second year.

Starks

Starter
Hey I want some credit for forecasting the Frye bust months ago.

Several times, I've referred to him as Charles Smith II. But I think Smith was a hell of lot harder than Frye.

The defining moment of Channing Frye's career:

Knicks vs. Denver.
Frye layed on the floor while Melo stood above him and stared him down. What did Frye do? Nothing but get teary eyed and waited for a ref to come save him.

Good Riddens

I'll give you all the credit in the world, as far as C.Frye compairing to C.Smith, Smith might have been a little soft but at least he rebounded and attemted to play D. I guess that someones gotta be the soft one when your playing with Pat,Oak,Mason,Starks and the list goes on and on, but Frye is beyond soft and as a native New Yorker I couldn't stand the pussy from the first time I saw his girly ass I hope the money he got from the NBA lasts him cause he's probably done in the leage once his contract runs out.

NYKnicks15

Starter
oh sorry Starks! I couldnt remember who came up with the Smith reference. thanks for pointing it out! KUDOS!:thumbsup:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
oh sorry Starks! I couldnt remember who came up with the Smith reference. thanks for pointing it out! KUDOS!:thumbsup:

I have to chime in here but I believe I was the first to compare him to smith and everyone told me I was nuts! If you look at my posts you will also see that I said he was more a 3 than a 2 or 1 and again people said I was nuts. That being said, I also flipped a little and started to jump on the Frye band wagon towards the end of his rookie year when Brown seemed to know how to use Frye. If you remember Brown used to use Frye for the "pop out" 15 FT jumper and tried to make Curry a defensive 1 first. Frye's game is poised for a run and gun type of team and not a team that wants to bang. I think Frye will be a very good offensive player in the NBA and Teams that want him will have to know what he will offer them and how to use him properly. I would love to see a team take a chance and move him to the 3 spot and see what happens; I think that's the position best suited for Frye.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I have to chime in here but I believe I was the first to compare him to smith and everyone told me I was nuts! If you look at my posts you will also see that I said he was more a 3 than a 2 or 1 and again people said I was nuts. That being said, I also flipped a little and started to jump on the Frye band wagon towards the end of his rookie year when Brown seemed to know how to use Frye. If you remember Brown used to use Frye for the "pop out" 15 FT jumper and tried to make Curry a defensive 1 first. Frye's game is poised for a run and gun type of team and not a team that wants to bang. I think Frye will be a very good offensive player in the NBA and Teams that want him will have to know what he will offer them and how to use him properly. I would love to see a team take a chance and move him to the 3 spot and see what happens; I think that's the position best suited for Frye.

Here's my quote, I found it: Oct 19, 2005, 15:54 #3 hometheaterguy MVP Join Date: Aug 2004 Posts: 420 Rep Power: 4 hometheaterguy is on a distinguished road Default I still think they should play Curry at the 4. I think this will help him and the Knicks 2 fold. One, we would have a 7'1", 280 pound Center and a 6'11", 300 pound PW that could clog up the front court. 2 I think it would help him with his foul troubles as well. Curry could slip into the 5 spot, from time to time, through out the game. Also, after watching Frye play, he is more like a 3 than anything else. His game is a 3, his approach is 3 and (I hate to say it) he reminds me of Charles Smith. I think he has a sweet 15 foot jumper and also has range for his size, but lacks the toughness to bang low. He has the ability to block a shot from time to time, but I see him being pushed around if he plays either the 5 or the 4. I think Brown will have to experement with him to find his true NBA position. Lee, on the other hand, looks like he is a little bit of a bruiser. I like his tenacity and agression when it come to defense. I think they should pick up Mat Barnes to fill one of the positions. He hustles, plays D (Browns style) and is an unslefish player who is team oriented. Would be a great fit for NY (plus he comes cheap). Butler should be kept as well. Here's another one that I posted the next day as a respomse to someone queationing my comparison: Oct 26, 2005, 02:29 hometheaterguy MVP Join Date: Aug 2004 Posts: 418 Rep Power: 4 hometheaterguy is on a distinguished road Default: I'm telling you, Frye reminds me of Charles Smith!! I know every Knicks fan is hoping he will be like Marcus Camby, but I just don't see it. Just remember everything I said at the end of this season! I don't care what his wieght and height is, that doesn't make him a Center or a power forward. Also, to even mention Frye in the same sentence as Duncan is just absurd! Rasheed Wallace isn't Duncan, never mind Frye! Also, I never made an issue about his weight, just his game. Listen, I hope he makes waves, the knicks are my team and I hope all 3 of their picks turn out to make a difference. I just feel Lee is probably the one pick that will be someone who will contribute on a daily basis. The jury is still out on Nate for me, but I hope he turns into a good NBA player. I've seen guys come out of collage, after having a great collegant basketball career and not translate well in the NBA. I think Frys is going to be one fo those guys.

Last edited: