Lets end the Knick Cival War

Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree! Look I hate what this forum is becoming, it's like we're divided between those who like Zeke and those who don't. and really I don't think such an issue is prevelant on any other team forum, or even any other Knick forum.

Pat made me realize something today, and that is that being critical of the team is another form of fan support. But I just hope yall see where I'm coming from in not bashing our GM because after all like him or not he is trying to make our team better. So lets just dead the issue, there are those of us who like Zeke, and there are those of us who don't, but it is a bit corny that we argue when we all the same common bound and that is our love for the the Knicks through thick and thin.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
yeah its true, but its inevitable because a lot of people want the team to go in a very different direction and that manifests itself in criticism of isiah. part of the changes just arent realistic and theres not much isiah can do about that, but part of it is a natural response because its his job to be responsible.

Starks

Starter
Yea,
I predicted this civil war the day Dolan put Thomas on blast and said he had a season to show "significant progress"

Half of us rooted for him, the other half always were hoping for the team to throw the season away just so that Thomas can be banished.

I still don't want him here. And I still have a hard time rooting for franchise at times. It's like this:

Picture your daughter at 20 years old with some complete idiot jerk for a boyfriend. You know she can do so much better, but she seems happy. You can't wish anything bad against your own pride and joy, but there still is a big part of you that wants her to just rid herself of the asshole. And when you see her happy, its hard to feel the same happiness- cause you just want her to move on to something better for her.

That my friends is why I bash the knicks. It's the perfect scenario. So tell me, if your daughter came home with some fool, would you really be happy? think about it

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The war will only end when the Knicks start winning games. Fans have every right to be discouraged and pissed off when witnessing this sh!tty play. Some times it's over the top but we will never agree on certain things. Some hate Curry others like my self think he could be the next big thing, since there are no other real centers coming out.

The more Thomas is right the quieter people will be. Jeffries seems to be stepping up on defense. This is good. This is what he was brought here for. Now the Randolph/Curry tandem must work or Thomas is out and although I support him, if it doesn't work he should be out.

mArBuRyIsAmOrOn

Benchwarmer
Winning Isn't Everything - But Yes, It Does Help

I appreciate seeing this topic addressed and hearing everyone's views. I started the Thomas war of words two seasons ago. Believe it or not I can actually tolerate him as the coach. What I can't tolerate and find particularly galling however is how bad Dolan and Thomas make the franchise, and the fans who support them look. Especially after this last ridiculous sexual harassment fiasco. Dolan and Thomas have taken one of the most awesome legacies in sports, which is what caused all of you to be in the first place, and have turned it into one horribly bad and embarrassing episode of Jerry Springer. There is absolutely not one sports reporter out there who doesn't look at these two idiots as anything other than two of the absolutely worst and inept people to have involved in the management of your franchise. NOT ONE. And what happened to Charles Dolan's plans to make major changes in the organization? Knick fans can only hope to see the day when Dolan and Thomas are banished from the organization. I can only hope they check into this forum to hear what people really think of them.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
100% correct

The war will only end when the Knicks start winning games. Fans have every right to be discouraged and pissed off when witnessing this sh!tty play. Some times it's over the top but we will never agree on certain things. Some hate Curry others like my self think he could be the next big thing, since there are no other real centers coming out.

The more Thomas is right the quieter people will be. Jeffries seems to be stepping up on defense. This is good. This is what he was brought here for. Now the Randolph/Curry tandem must work or Thomas is out and although I support him, if it doesn't work he should be out.

100% CORRECT

The 1 and Only

Rotation player

Good post...the sooner Isiah shuts up the pessimists...the better

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
The funny thing is, even when the knicks start winning, there will still be dudes bashing just because they hate certain players/coaches, more than they love the team... so it's a no win situation when you are talking about those kats... now I dislike Randolph, said it from the time the trade happened, but if this fat fuck thats worst than curry @ blocking shots, helps the knicks to a winnng season, then i'll say my bad, and cheer for his porky azz... but that's just me

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Yeah that is just you

Actually I love the war this forum is so much more interesting because of the two sides. i mean it will all end once we start winning again but even then i think we will find something to argue about. This is NY and there are so many types of individuals that live hear that of course we will have different views on these subjects. I love it though its the reason i come to this site everyday i get a chance.
:gony:

pat

Starter
i mean it will all end once we start winning again but even then i think we will find something to argue about.
:gony:

Not "once". If. I just don't see anybody on the team right now (players and coach --> he is not a player anymore so his championships as a player don't count) who has a reputation of being a genuine winner. Curry, Randolph, Marbury, Thomas: They all screwed up at every other franchise they worked for before. Thomas actually wrecked a whole league!

isiah has a rare skill

isiah is the mel kiper of the nba draft. he consistently drafts either quality or superstar talent. i can't name anybody else in the league who does that every year. thats why i dont want him to leave the team. the team he built is a good one but the players arent really playing with any type of hunger. i just dont want him to be reduced to working for espn and be forced to sit next to idiots like greg anthony on draft night instead of making decisions that can help a franchise for years to come.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
^Hey the Knicks could hire Isiah as a scout. He did pass on Williams last year which everyone thought it was a horrible move to draft Renaldo Balkman. But I rather have Balkman.

pat

Starter
^Hey the Knicks could hire Isiah as a scout. He did pass on Williams last year which everyone thought it was a horrible move to draft Renaldo Balkman. But I rather have Balkman.

Zeke would be ideal for scouting. But once he leaves his comfy president/coach chair anything will look like a defeat and he won't come back as a scout (unfortunately for the Knicks).

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I'm sorry to keep the "civil war" goin but yall keep sayin when we win, theres no guarentee we gonna win. I dont know if the knicks have a playoff team. take a good look at the east cuz it aint what its been the past couple years. Every team is good except Philly. Im suprised to see yall sayin things like "when we start winning the haters will shut up." This preseason has been a disaster so far and it will probably get worse tonight. Yea yea i know its only preseason but these guys are still trying and failing to look like a team. I know they got the talent to be a playoff team. they are better than they've shown on offense. Its their defense that concerns me, especially with these 3: Crawford, Curry, and Randolph.

jbong

Rookie
Winning cures all and if the Knicks can come out on all cylinders, everyone will be talking about how great Isiah is.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I'm waiting for that day, I would love to see them win under Isiah. Isiah walked into a very bad situation after Scott Layden (the worst Gm in the history of the NBA) got fired. Isiah has made mistakes here and there but I think hes done an above average job considering the overpaid, overaged, and undersized team he had when he first began. It's hard to predict how good the knicks will be in a much improved eastern conference but lets hope they play as a team cuz if they do they should be a playoff team.