houston hangs 'em up, roster at 18, who's next?

jzero29

Rotation player
Jared Jordan and Walker Russel hanging in there. Along with Jerome James, Malik Rose, Fred Jones, Demetris Nichols and Jared Jefferies. Who's next on your chopping block.
I say you can't cut Jerome James until you find out if he qualifies for the medical exception. Which I believe lets us carry his contract and not take up a spot on the IR.That still leaves two cuts. One cut maybe Jared Jordan to Europe, which leaves only one cut, who gets axed. I guess Walker Russel. But if we axe say malik rose or jared jeff, could we keep jared jordan on 15 man roster, it may only be an IR spot but he may see some action with some injuries.
I wish we could ditch crawford in some wild trade for anyone other than crawford.

GetRealistic

Starter
You can't cut Malik. He's a glue guy on this team. Hes basically the only guy whose been on winning teams before. And Jefferies isn't going anywhere due to his contract, plus hes also looked good.

BTW JZero in that quote on the bottom of your posts you wrote lets go KICKS not KNICKS

jzero29

Rotation player
ooops.

ooops, fixed. I'd like Jared Jeff to be productive. But as for malik, he may be a glue guy but he takes up alot of space. Kind of a waste. I'd like to see Jordan at somepoint during the season. Let him get some real NBA exp. If he obtains an IR spot, with an injury here or there, he's bound to play.

I agree with "getrealistc" as well M.Rose is great for our team as a mentor and leader and to my suprise he still has some game left to his old ass and J.Jeffries has looked much improved. I would like us to get D.Nichols on the final roster, we were looking for a outside shooter... here he is! I like the Jordan kid just don't think he's ready yet and he's willing to play over-seas or in the D-Leage for a year witch is helpful. I don't like Crawford in the starting lineup(Q should start at the 2) but he would be very helpfull in the second unit with the offencivly challenged Lee,Balkman,Jeffries comming off the bench with him.

We should just Bite the bullet, fork out the cash, admit to the worst signing in Knick history and GET RID OF THAT FAT-ASS BITCH JEROME JAMES!!!

Looks like D Nichols reps. want him cut by the Knicks, and if Jerome James does qualify for medical exemption, then that leaves Jared Jordan and the other kid, and our roster is where it's supposed to be.

The problem to me is, that we are going to have too many quality players riding the bench. I mean Marbury, Crawford, Q,Zach, and Eddy are our starters. Lee is sixth man, Robinson has played his way into the rotation, while Mardy has sunk deep into the bench. Jefferies looks like he may have played himself into the rotation, but does that hold up when Balkman comes back? Wilson Chandler was drafted with the intention of bringing him a long slowly, but may possibly have saved himself from the D League for now. So we have the starting 5, Lee, and for now Nate, who are the other 2 in the nine man rotation? Bottom line even if we shave down the roster, a trade of some sort is needed. Balkman,Malik, and Morris could land us Artest, but do we want to part with Balkman, and then in that scenerio which starter do we move to the bench?

My point is I think that getting our roster down to 15 is just the half of it, the roster is bloaded big time!

I agree we go way deep with talent on the bench but I don't mind it. I don't think that Artest is the answer we need another big man with a defencive pressance not another guard or small foward(most loaded positions) Lets go out and try to get somone like Big Ben or lets try and bring Camby back to the Garden(that would be sweet). We are plenty good enough defencivly at the SF anyway with Q,Balkman and even Jeffries. If we are going to trim the roster we should start with James, no explanation needed then maby Jones, new to the team, too many guards then maby then Morris, not gonna get any PT anyway, hasn't shined in any game action last year, summer-leage or this pre-season and then regretably M.Rose, great team guy, but old and expencive. That would still leave M.Collins,J.Jordan and W.Chandler on the bench but I guess it would be less crowded.

That sucks to hear about D.Nicholes too, dude never had a shot hugh?

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Come On People Easy Answers

1 If we get Artest Crawford is gonna sit his no defence playing ass down and Q will play the 2 which is ok but i think its better that marbury plays the 2 thats just me. So unlike my many pushes for Artest we really dont need him now. Jeffries has stepped it up he can also play the 2 and 3 spots leaving Balkman with the ability to play the 3 and 4 spots. Curry and Zach are going to start but who knows if one or the other will get into foul trouble leaving the game to go like it did against the Celtics. Marbury should play the 2 i dont know who should start at the 1 but i dont think it should be crawford or Nate cause i like him coming of the bench with the fass paced second unit. Nichols only wants to be bought out now cause he can still join another team and be somewhat ready to go for the beginning of the season if the knicks wait till the last minute his options will be shortend alot. I believe he will be kept after jerome james either gets cut or medically excused i hope that happens. Crawford should come of the bench he cant guard the starting guards especially the stars so he would probably do much better against the other teams second unit. I think we should try to get another big man Rasheed Wallace is looking unhappy over there in Detroit land the only problem is he may have to come of the bench. WOW LOL but people think our team sucks. I dont really like Fred i think something is going on between zeke and fred cause he really aint that good unless hes trying to sell his talents to other teams while trying to make Nichols look bad so people wont want him oohh maybe you never know

:gony:

metrocard

Legend
You can't cut Malik.

Yes you can. Why? Cause he sucks. He's not even that productive. Too slow and small on defense, when he tries to score, its uglier than Curry's defense. All he's doing is taking minutes away from Lee and Balkman, who are the GLUE for this team.

jzero29

Rotation player
Our bench

Yes it's great we have a strong bench, but our problem is that the starters to the bench isn't much of a difference. The starters are good for starters not great, our bench is great for a bench, but also would only make good starting players. Curry and zach, are the only two who I think are able to get to the next level at this point in their career and lack of defense has kept their team from winning. Marbury, struggling with his role and legs, crawford out of control turn over prone super streaky SG, will be just that for ever. Who's starting at SF? Q-rich slightly above avg, dealing with injuries all the time keeping him from getting in a grove or Jared Jefferies, struggling just to be at all productive.
Now the bench, you have David lee, awesome off the bench, seems to be improving his offense each year, real hard worker. Nate Robinson, maybe maturing, also give us hustle and spark of the bench. Balkman, like lee, a hustle player, getting the trying to get the hang of offense. Randolph morris, didn't see much of him last year, but seems to be a decent back up, lots of potential. Collins, also maturing, seems to be ready for more time.
Now if you switch roles, starters to bench, you have the same problem, we have a good starting team, and a great bench.

jzero29

Rotation player
p.s.

What has jefferies done to show he's stepped it up? I admitt I havent seen much preseason games, but really? He's stepped "it" up? Unless it means something about being a Bug eyed waste, then I haven't seen anything special. Malik Rose Maybe a leader, but he isn't that productive, he was never that productive to begin with(not 8mill a year productive, who the hell gave him that ridiculous contract, and who's the sucker that brought it to NY...hmmm). I admitt he'd be a good guy to have around to influence the Knicks young guys, but they will lose respect for him when he sucks out there, he'd be better off coaching in some capacity, then embarassing himself on the court. Fred jones, seems to be here, I am not so impressed with him, i think he's undersized, He hustles which is a plus, but hes tiny, 6'2" SG... he's small and he's not that good.

Last edited:
You need to watch some pre-season games to see how players have improved before you pass judgment on them. J.Jeffries looks very good in help defence situations, defending his man, and improved his rebounding.(not good enough?)M.Rose even as old as he is he's still plays crafty defence for a PF of his height, and he's still a good leader for our team(on the bench, on the floor or just in practice) our young guys can still learn a lot from him. Besides would you want the third PF/C option being J.Jeffries( whome you don't like),R.Morris(who is unproven even in summer leage) or Burger king james(fat piece of crap) cause those are your options? Q is slightly above avrage are you fu@#ing crazy? He is the most complete player on our team Offencivly,Defencivly and as a Team Leader whats wrong with you? Not to mention a very good rebounder and well liked player.(except you I guess)

Hey just worked out this trade on the trade machine I call it wishfull thinking:

3 teams Knicks, Bulls, Lakers

Lakers Get : W.Chandler, N.Robbinson, J.Crawford,
E.Curry, J.Jeffries

Bulls Get : R.Morris, M.Rose, K.Brown

Knicks Get : B.Wallace, K.Bryant

Lakers get good quality back for Kobe, Bulls get there inside scoring in the possable future in R.Morris and they get to dump some huge contracts
in K.Brown B.Wallace and M.Rose in another year. We could throw in some cash and draft picks and posably make this happen. The trade worked on the trade machine so the money matches up. Maby...Hopefully???

Last edited:

jzero29

Rotation player
Q a complete player? he hasn't played well at all on offense

You need to watch some pre-season games to see how players have improved before you pass judgment on them. J.Jeffries looks very good in help defence situations, defending his man, and improved his rebounding.(not good enough?)M.Rose even as old as he is he's still plays crafty defence for a PF of his height, and he's still a good leader for our team(on the bench, on the floor or just in practice) our young guys can still learn a lot from him. Besides would you want the third PF/C option being J.Jeffries( whome you don't like),R.Morris(who is unproven even in summer leage) or Burger king james(fat piece of crap) cause those are your options? Q is slightly above avrage are you fu@#ing crazy? He is the most complete player on our team Offencivly,Defencivly and as a Team Leader whats wrong with you? Not to mention a very good rebounder and well liked player.(except you I guess)
Still haven't seen J.Jeff, and I didn't say I didn't like him, I only asked if he has improved so much? You were right about Q i said he was slightly above avg, Well he's played below avg for a SG and Q has not been a complete player, he's played decent defence but he hasn't scored(terrible FG% and even worse 3pt fg%) He hasn't rebounded. No blocks and No steals. He hasn't even been getting assists. Sure Malik Rose plays crafty defense for a guy his size. He hasn't been playing at all. He'll continue not to play. In Isiahs new rotation the 3rd PF/C isn't going to get significant minutes, so why not give Morris a shot. James is out, he can't play and I wouldn't want him to anyway, Why would you put words in my mouth? Again I never said I didn't like Rose, I just said, at 7.1million he's not worth having for his level of production the fact that he won't play a lot.

Hey just worked out this trade on the trade machine I call it wishfull thinking:

3 teams Knicks, Bulls, Lakers

Lakers Get : W.Chandler, N.Robbinson, J.Crawford,
E.Curry, J.Jeffries

Bulls Get : R.Morris, M.Rose, K.Brown

Knicks Get : B.Wallace, K.Bryant

Lakers get good quality back for Kobe, Bulls get there inside scoring in the possable future in R.Morris and they get to dump some huge contracts
in K.Brown B.Wallace and M.Rose in another year. We could throw in some cash and draft picks and posably make this happen. The trade worked on the trade machine so the money matches up. Maby...Hopefully???
That trade is the mutterings of someone who obviously is insane. Why would the bulls trade ben wallace? for Morris and two cap burdens Malik Rose and K.Brown.

Last edited: