Get rid of Nichols and do it now!

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
This guy needs to be cut now. I don't think I want him on this team. I think in his head that he must believe he's the best player in the league. I see a very Steve Francis like career for him... Only worse!
He may have skills and he may be able to shoot the 3 pretty well but he seems like an arrogant kid.
First he doesnt want to go to Europe; he feels he's too good for that and he probably feels he belongs in the NBA (could be true but I dont know much about him). Now he's saying cut me or else I'll cry? What's wrong with this kid, no team will want him and it'll happen; the kid will end up in Europe eventually; it's almost inevitable.

Can you imagine this kid making the final roster? If he doesnt get playing time he's going to try and make some kind of noise which will be a distraction to what this team has going for them. He doesnt deserve anything.

It's also why rookie Demetris Nichols, according to a person with knowledge of the situation, has asked that he be cut if he doesn't have a fair shot at a roster spot. The Knicks have denied Nichols' request, despite the fact that he has seen very little time not only in preseason games but in practice. Nichols did not play last night.

"We haven't made up our mind on anyone," Thomas said before the game. "At the end of this process, we'll let you know."

If the Knicks waived Nichols now, he'd have a week to catch on with another NBA team. But the expectation is the Knicks will hold on to him until the very last moment - the 15-man rosters are due Oct. 31 at 6 p.m. - which would leave very few opportunities.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont blame him for being upset. Isiah should have given him more minutes. He was impressive during the summer league games knockin down 3's. It's unfair to keep him on the team since hes not gettin any minutes. Isiahs just waisting Nichols and his own time.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
I dont blame him for being upset. Isiah should have given him more minutes. He was impressive during the summer league games knockin down 3's. It's unfair to keep him on the team since hes not gettin any minutes. Isiahs just waisting Nichols and his own time.

I think there's more to it than we know... He cries too much and I'm sure Isiah is sending a message, the kid needs to chill. as a second round draft pick you can't expect the world when playing with vets... Remember when Patrick & Oak used to make rookies carry thier bags? sure it's a lil bullish but I bet they were respected

metrocard

Legend
He needs to STFU and go to Europe..stop causing stress in the organization. Theres nothing wrong with playing in Europe either, its not like he's going to get any minutes as a Knicks.

I also blame Isiah for not avoiding this.

We just need an 8-9 man rotation, the 3-4 other guys are just reserves who get 10 minutes at most.

Marbury
Richardson
Balkman (people need to realize you have to either start Balkman or Lee)
Randolph
Curry

Those are 5.

We need a back up PG
Back up swing man
Back up big man

at 6, David Lee as the back up big man.
at 7. Crawford or Jefferies as the back up swing man...even though I would prefer Collins
at 8. Robinson or Collins as the back up PG.

Everyone else isn't really important for now.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
He needs to STFU and go to Europe..stop causing stress in the organization. Theres nothing wrong with playing in Europe either, its not like he's going to get any minutes as a Knicks.

We just need an 8-9 man rotation, the 3-4 other guys are just reserves who get 10 minutes at most.

Marbury
Richardson
Randolph
Curry

Those are 5.

We need a back up PG
Back up swing man
Back up big man

at 7. Crawford or Jefferies as the back up swing man...even though I would prefer Collins

I would agree with you except for one possibility. I think Thomas wanted to light a fire under the team, make them think no one is expendable and crush their since of security. And look what it did for Nate and Jones. Hopefully it will do the same for Crawford. No one gives a sh!t about Nichols. I hope the kids does well but it aint like any one is loosing sleep over him. Zek could cut him. May be he's just being a dick or may be he's not sure who he will keep. Who knows. I hope he finds a way to keep Jordan though.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

Marbury
Richardson
Randolph
Curry

Those are 5.

We need a back up PG
Back up swing man
Back up big man

for the first time in a while i agree wit metro, nichols should have just gone to europe, since he said no to that and now crying because he doesnt play isiah is doing da right thing by not show casing em to the rest of the league

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Nichols is a player. I agree that he should have took the Knicks offer and went to play in Europe. But he didn't and he is now a knick player they need to keep. The guy is a pure scorer and a 6'8 shooting guard isn't easy to find. Keep him on the bench a year or two, like portalnd did with Jermaine O'Neal, or like Detroit is doing now with Amir Johnson, let the players in front of him play out their contracts or whatever and then its going to be time for this guy to shine. I agree that the knicks need to have a 8 or 9 player roster.

Marbury, Crawford, Collins, Balkman, Richardson, Lee, Randolph, Curry and Jefferies should be it. Sorry Nate.

And as a P.S. I believed from the summer league play that Nichols would be a better player than chandler, and I still think this will be the case.

Last edited:

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
What

Nichols is a player. I agree that he should have took the Knicks offer and went to play in Europe. But he didn't and he is now a knick player they need to keep. The guy is a pure scorer and a 6'8 shooting guard isn't easy to find. Keep him on the bench a year or two, like portalnd did with Jermaine O'Neal, or like Detroit is doing now with Amir Johnson, let the players in front of him play out their contracts or whatever and then its going to be time for this guy to shine. I agree that the knicks need to have a 8 or 9 player roster.

Marbury, Crawford, Collins, Balkman, Richardson, Lee, Randolph, Curry and Jefferies should be it. Sorry Nate.

And as a P.S. I believed from the summer league play that Nichols would be a better player than chandler, and I still think this will be the case.

DID YOU FALL AND BUMP YOUR HEAD how do you leave out Nate something is seriously wrong with you. You said you watched the summer league games and did you watch the game against Bostan and maybe the game against the sixers Nate is a beast out there hes a star player damn near over night. We would have lost the game against Boston if it wasnt for Nate the mvp of the SUMMER LEAGUE. your a mess bro i dont even know what to say about you except your a fool. I would keep nate over CRAWFORD, COLLINS and the pretty much every guard on this team. Dont get me wrong hes not better then Marbury but hes going to Europe in 2 yrs so oh well.

:gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
DID YOU FALL AND BUMP YOUR HEAD how do you leave out Nate something is seriously wrong with you. You said you watched the summer league games and did you watch the game against Bostan and maybe the game against the sixers Nate is a beast out there hes a star player damn near over night. We would have lost the game against Boston if it wasnt for Nate the mvp of the SUMMER LEAGUE. your a mess bro i dont even know what to say about you except your a fool. I would keep nate over CRAWFORD, COLLINS and the pretty much every guard on this team. Dont get me wrong hes not better then Marbury but hes going to Europe in 2 yrs so oh well.

Well said, some people be watching a different Knick Team.

Last night in the Knick WIN over the 76ers 103-90
Coach Isiah Thomas put D-Nicholes in the game with 9 minutes remaining in the 4th qtr.
The 76ers players did not know which player to put their best defender on D-Nicholes or Nate Robinson. The two Knick Players went on 15-4 run that put the Knicks ahead by 20 points.

What NBA coach would not work a player like D-Nicholes in his offensive Playbook to take a huge lead or come back from being behind by a huge lead?
D-Nicholes defend well on the peremeter just in case a team want to match points on the peremeter.
Sorry, but Jerome James would have to be put under the knife for surgery for a season ending injury so the insurance could help with his pay and we could keep Nicholes on the Roster.
F/C-Randolph Morris looks like a little playingtime this season will prepare his NBA career.
:update:
Show-Casing Demetris Nicholes will get him alot of NBA offers from the next NBA team when the Knicks waive him.

Hes a "KEEPER"

We need to Keep him the last two games hes been 2-2 from threes and
i think we can affor to have him become a star somewhere else these guys are young and i get the feeling they like being aroun each other and i think the chemistry weve been lacking for so long is starting to work itself .bottom line theres not too many really good 3pt shooters out there and i think we will live to regret it.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I don't care if Nichols was a 2nd round pick or they found him at a Korean fruit stand throwing apples in a bucket. He was impressive in the summer league and deserved enough minutes to at least determine if he belonged on the team or not. Obviously he took a big risk by refusing to go to Europe. It was a strategic mistake if he wanted to ensure he made the Knicks. But he believes he's ready for the NBA now and he deserved to at least prove it or fail on the MERITS ALONE. Now he'll probably wind up somewhere else and come back to haunt us in a few years. Do we really need a fat slob like James on this team now? There are a couple of other players that could be cut before him also. I don't care if they are better now. They won't be better in a couple of years and we have ZERO (that's right I said ZERO) chance of winning it all until right around the time Nichols will be reaching whatever peak he reaches. I'd rather have a young developing player getting little time now on the bench than a proven mediocrity getting little playing time. Losing Nichols was a stupid move no matter how he eventually develops. You don't give up a potentially very good talent for a proven mediocrity when the proven player is not critical to the team in any way and you aren't going to win anyway. Nichols looked very good again last night against the Sixers. The kid can shoot!

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I was never a Crawford fan but does anyone else find him even more annoying now. Everyone on the team seems to be improving except him. He still shoots a low percentage and he takes bad shots. He does have a nice connection with Curry but I don't think it justifies his poor judgment on the court. This guy passes wide open shots and over passes a lot. He claims he gained 15 pounds of muscle but I don't see it.

Kiyaman

Legend

That's it ..... FIRE Isiah Thomas NOW!

Nicholes was the BEST Dependable Peremeter Shooter on this Knick-Team next to Nate Robinson.

Nate & Balkman depended on Nicholes Offense in every Summer League Game for the WIN. Within a season or two in the NBA D-Nicholes would've been taking the ball inside with confidence which would have added more to the Knicks offense plus give Nate, Balkman, Chandler, Morris, and Lee more options on the offense.

Having Three peremeter shooters on the court at the same time in Players: Zach, Nate, and D-Nicholes is a sure way to stay an above .500 team.

D-Nicholes = Allan Houston but cheaper!

FIRE Isiah Thomas Now!

Fred Jones is very inconsistent and will get angry playing with BUM Marbury & Crawford.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
That's it ..... FIRE Isiah Thomas NOW!

Nicholes was the BEST Dependable Peremeter Shooter on this Knick-Team next to Nate Robinson.

Nate & Balkman depended on Nicholes Offense in every Summer League Game for the WIN. Within a season or two in the NBA D-Nicholes would've been taking the ball inside with confidence which would have added more to the Knicks offense plus give Nate, Balkman, Chandler, Morris, and Lee more options on the offense.

Having Three peremeter shooters on the court at the same time in Players: Zach, Nate, and D-Nicholes is a sure way to stay an above .500 team.

D-Nicholes = Allan Houston but cheaper!

FIRE Isiah Thomas Now!

Fred Jones is very inconsistent and will get angry playing with BUM Marbury & Crawford.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

they said nichols defense is pathetic and if his offense is off, he lets it affect his game, europe or the d league was the right thing to do for em, if he doesnt get signed, theres nobody else to blame but him and his agent, and anyway dude talks like he a proven superstar, talking about isiah better play em or to release em

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player

Yes, like I said, I saw the summer League, and I saw the game against the sixers. Impressive, i'm not going to doubt that. And if an OFFENSIVE spark is needed off the bench then why not bring in brother nate... but to be a cohesive unit, the knicks, in my opinion need to start those 8 or 9 guys I named. right now, collins isn't 100% with the knees, so yes I would insert Nate in his place until the time when Mardy is 100%.
Here goes my point, if you did watch the games, and not the box scores, you saw that except for a couple of shots, Nate was forcing shots up, shots that happened to go in, and thats his game and we already have a player like that in Crawford. And personally, as it stands right now, I'll take Crawford over Robinson.
I always go back to this, and i'll continue to do so, its a matter of NEED with the knicks... and when that message gets through we'll all be in a better place. The reason I wanted to Keep Nichols was because of the Need of having a perimeter threat. Hopefully Q-Rich doesn't get injured, but his track record doesn't show thats likely... so who will the Knicks have to keep these defenses from double teaming our inside threats... Some of you will say Robinson, but c'mon he's a scorer a streaky shooter.. he's not a pure shooter. so that is a NEED that has been taken away from the Knicks Roster.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
they said nichols defense is pathetic and if his offense is off, he lets it affect his game, europe or the d league was the right thing to do for em, if he doesnt get signed, theres nobody else to blame but him and his agent, and anyway dude talks like he a proven superstar, talking about isiah better play em or to release em

Well the summer league showed that his defense was not pathetic and that his offense was not off... The games he actually had minutes in showed that his offense was not off as well. He was never quoted as saying Play me or release me.. thats just something that was said by a third party. Going by what you have seen and by what has come from his mouth, a Knick fan should not doubt that he is a player. He's confident about his abilities, is that a crime? You want him to say well I don't think I can play in the NBA now.. if that was the case WTF would he enter the draft. He has showed that he could shoot..and like I said previously, from summer league to now, I still say he's played better than Chandler... but it's whatever, ya can't always have what you want.

Kiyaman

Legend
Some of you guys who dont know the Demetris Nichols situation with being a 2nd round pick, and going to Europe, should not jump to any conclusions so quick about how things turned out.

We all seen how many players got "Cut & Waived" by so many NBA Teams in the last two weeks. And we also know how hard it would be for players to get picked-up when practically all the NBA teams are trimming (cut & waive) their roster down to 15 players.

How many days after D-Nichols been Cut did the next team pick him up? 4 (FOUR) days! that should let all of us Knick-Fans know that Isiah Thomas made another great pick in the 2nd round draft that could have been a first round pick.

Demetris Nichols maybe a rookie however he has Raw NBA talent that could be sharpen into a great "Role-Player" off the bench in his rookie season. To actually compare D-Nichols talents and skillz to that of SG-Jamal Crawford, if SG-D-Nichols was Crawford backup off the bench this season than by midseason Knick-Fans would rather have D-Nichols performance "Start & Finish" games rather than Jamal Crawford.

I give both "Rookies Morris & Chandler" their props for their good performance in making this Knick Team, but D-Nichols perfornance is a bit better and more of a need on this Knick Team than the other two Rookies (and Fred Jones)....

jzero29

Rotation player
Nichols signed by cavs!!!!

He's with the cavs. So i bet we'll see him, probably not in the opener, but later in the season.