It's Official...The Final 15!

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/cuts_071025_roster.html

Goodbye Jared Jordan, Demetris Nichols and Walker Russell, Jr.

I guess this is ok although i wouldn't mind seeing D Nichols or Jared Jordan in later years killing as a Knick instead of ____________.

Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Jamal Crawford
Eddy Curry
Jerome James
Jared Jeffries
Fred Jones
David Lee
Stephon Marbury
Randolph Morris
Zach Randolph
Quentin Richardson
Nate Robinson
Malik Rose

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I hope this doesn't bite us in the ass later. D Nich is a cocky player, but that can be a good quality to have for an outside shooter. Why is that fat piece of shit Jerome James still on this team?!? I wonder if Dolan told Isiah that he will not buy out any more players. That has to be the reason why James is on the team and D Nich isn't. Didn't we trade a draft pick to Portland for the rights to Nichols? What a waste.

CoolClyde

Jerome James is better than Demetrius?

I don't get it. What has Jerome James contributed to the Knicks, compared to what Demetrius could have brought to the bench? Is it so important to squeeze JJ's worth out of his bench time, or 2-5 minutes a game WHEN he's healthy? Of course this is Mon AM QB talk, but the Dolan's are paying the Brown's MULTI-MILLIONS (Anushka & Larry), and let's not forget buying out those other contracts, why not buy out JJ and keep Demetrius?

Why even contemplate Allan Houston's return, instead of having fresh big east blood in the house? That comeback fiasco took away Nichol's time and chance to make team.

I expected Isiah to bust a trade move in order to keep the kid, this is incredibly disappointing.

However, in the NBA, size rules, and the Knicks obviously feel a need for a big body or 3, even if they sit on the bench 1/2 the season, than someone who can put the ball in the hoop.

I'd rather have Nichols than James, Rose OR Jefferies.

Knicks-with-balls rotation:

Marbury/Collins/Jones
Nate/Crawford/Chandler
Lee/Richardson/Jefferies
Randolph/Balkman/Rose
Curry/Morris/Lames

NYKnicks15

Starter
disappointed. we lost a 2nd round pick for Nichols who im a big fan of. that doesnt seem like much but its still the fact of the matter. then we pay for dickau to leave. pay for jordan to come here. and we end up with nothing. we should of just paid for jerome to get the hell out of here.

im sure the nichols cut is also a sign of isiah putting his foot down as Nichols has been very vocal. but if nichols doesnt sign on with another team (which i think he will) maybe we can scoop him and see if hell rethink that europe offer. or even D-League for god sakes.

im not happy at this point. especially when randolph morris is a solid third back up in the bigs department. we dont need jeromes fat ass to waste a roster spot so he can come in for 2 minutes a game. shoot 1-3 get 4 rebounds 1 block, 3 tos and 5 pfs.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Well honestly, we all knew this was coming. As good as Nichols is as a shooter, he was beaten by more experienced guards ahead of him. To his credit, he will land somewhere and become a good player in this league... Just not with NY.

Jerome Lames wasn't bought out because there was no way Dolan was doing that especially with the settlement Ms. Saunders was just awarded in court. JJ was spared by a guilty verdict... Double whammy!

GetRealistic

Starter
You gotta remember part of the NBA is business. And you just can't eat a contract like that. It's a shame for Nicoles but he wasin a tough spot.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Look, all this BULL5H1T about James' contract is just that - BULL5H1T!

No matter how you slice it, the Knicks are going to have to pay him. So why pay him his annual salary every year to be a fat slob on the end of the bench or injured and not get anything out of him instead of paying him right now and having Nichols on the bench developing and working hard "on the cheap".

The difference in cost is negligible.

This is about Isiah and Dolan's freaking EGOs! They don't want to admit they screwed up big time on James and are sacrificing a young shooter with the potential to be a good NBA player in order to save face.

This is why both of them should be thrown the hell out of town.

Isiah at least has a couple of redeeming qualities. He can draft well and the players like him. However, he has burnt through a ton of Dolan's money and screwed up our cap position, made some horrible moves, and is only a mediocre coach to begin with. WTF do we need this guy for other than as a draft advisor. And Dolan, he's dumber than a rock.

I'm sick of both of these idiots. It's a good thing Isiah has drafted well enough to at least put an exciting team on the court.

There is no way for the Knicks Orginazation to explain why we kept that fat-ass J.James and let promising young talents like D.Nicholes and J.Jordan both go...DUMB!!! Thats all I've got to say about this.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
There is no way for the Knicks Orginazation to explain why we kept that fat-ass J.James and let promising young talents like D.Nicholes and J.Jordan both go...DUMB!!! Thats all I've got to say about this.

pretty tough to buy out a contract that has 18 million dollars left

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
6-8 Shooting Guard Sweet Jumper gets cut because he's a second round pick. Now sometimes it comes down to common sense and looking past the quarterly reports ... look, this could have been a home grown talent, given a few years he could be a name thats on everyone's lips. I personally believe he has shown more than Wilson Chandler, but he's the 1st round pick and yadda yadda yadda... Troy Murphy and Jason Richardson were picked in the first round by Golden State b4 they picked Arenas, which one you think they wished they kept. Not saying that he will be as good as Arenas now, all I'm saying he posses that same kind of cocky attitude, and i'm not sure when this notion of being cocky and confident about your abilities is a bad thing. The guy showed he's good and can play against other NBA talent. As Knicklover said, no matter how you slice it, they are going to have to pay Jerome James regardless. So since that is the case, in the last year of Jerome James contract, D-Nich would be just about ready to blossom(if not sooner) while Jerome James will be picking lint out of his toes while sitting on the end of the fuckin bench .... This is senseless

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
6-8 Shooting Guard Sweet Jumper gets cut because he's a second round pick. Now sometimes it comes down to common sense and looking past the quarterly reports ... look, this could have been a home grown talent, given a few years he could be a name thats on everyone's lips. I personally believe he has shown more than Wilson Chandler, but he's the 1st round pick and yadda yadda yadda... Troy Murphy and Jason Richardson were picked in the first round by Golden State b4 they picked Arenas, which one you think they wished they kept. Not saying that he will be as good as Arenas now, all I'm saying he posses that same kind of cocky attitude, and i'm not sure when this notion of being cocky and confident about your abilities is a bad thing. The guy showed he's good and can play against other NBA talent. As Knicklover said, no matter how you slice it, they are going to have to pay Jerome James regardless. So since that is the case, in the last year of Jerome James contract, D-Nich would be just about ready to blossom(if not sooner) while Jerome James will be picking lint out of his toes while sitting on the end of the fuckin bench .... This is senseless

do u really believe isiah thomas chose jerome james over demtris nichols??

Which one is still on the team?

Exactly. This was a dumb move on the part of the Knicks. Like someone said b4, there gonna have to pay Jerome James anyway. Cut his behind and keep D-Nich! I wasn't really buying this kids potential/talent until last night. He showed why he needs to be in this league, and the coaches love him, I'm sold. I hope he comes back to the Garden and torches their asses. Im a die hard Knick fan, but I gotta call it like I see it. Truth be told, I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics picked him up. Boston is his home town and he'll get many chances to prove Isiah and Dolan wrong.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
"It was very difficult," Thomas said of the former Syracuse standout, acquired by the Knicks immediately after he was selected in the second round by Portland. "Sometimes the numbers get you."

i think some of ya knick fans are crazy to believe isiah chose jerome james over nichols, money dont grow on trees, nichols is one of isiahs draftees at the end of the day and isiah doesnt part ways wit one of his owns, isiah had a plan for nichols when he got drafted but nichols think he a proven superstar

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Will the money, the doesn't grow on trees as you say, still be paid to Jerome James who hasn't played in five productive games since he's been a knick? If you agree that the anwer is yes, and you also agree that Nichols is a better player and more important better asset for the Knicks at this time, then wouldn't it make sense, to pay the money that is already owed to James and keep the player who does answer a need that the knicks have? He was the 53rd pick in the second round pick, which means the money that he would get paid would be in te 400,000 a year area(please reference second round picks such as Daniel Gibson Arenas, and Boozer). So are you telling me, the money that the knicks do have, couldn't pay that salary?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Will the money, the doesn't grow on trees as you say, still be paid to Jerome James who hasn't played in five productive games since he's been a knick? If you agree that the anwer is yes, and you also agree that Nichols is a better player and more important better asset for the Knicks at this time, then wouldn't it make sense, to pay the money that is already owed to James and keep the player who does answer a need that the knicks have? He was the 53rd pick in the second round pick, which means the money that he would get paid would be in te 400,000 a year area(please reference second round picks such as Daniel Gibson Arenas, and Boozer). So are you telling me, the money that the knicks do have, couldn't pay that salary?

i agree wit u, i wish we would have cut jerome james and signed nichols but i think it got to the point where dolan told isiah he wasnt going to buy out anybody, to work wit u got, and i dont know why ya'll acting surprised, ya should have definately seen this coming, isiah had a plan for nichols and nichols declined

nyk_nyk

All Star
WHY?

They are going to have to pay him the 18 million for doing nothing anyway!

It will just be extended over several years while he takes up room on the bench.
Even though teams do it, paying players to leave isn't good business for teams. Sure, JJ probably won't see much playing time over the next 2 years, but giving him a lump sum of millions for 0 seasons of productivity and allowing him to enjoy the rest of his winter in the bahamas is sickening.

Let his portly unskilled ass sit on the bench and come to practice everyday. Besides, he still has about 2 annual injuries to go.

metrocard

Legend
Not surprising, Isiah Thomas has always been hard headed.

A good GM would of moved on from Rose and James, two completely unproductive players with hideous contracts. I guess Isiah still want these guys on the roster, thinking they will do something this season to live up to their contracts. I don't know man, Isiah is just weird, all his decisions can be questioned which is why myself and the Knicks nation don't feel comfortable with him as GM.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Not surprising, Isiah Thomas has always been hard headed.

A good GM would of moved on from Rose and James, two completely unproductive players with hideous contracts. I guess Isiah still want these guys on the roster, thinking they will do something this season to live up to their contracts. I don't know man, Isiah is just weird, all his decisions can be questioned which is why myself and the Knicks nation don't feel comfortable with him as GM.
Okay we all hate James (obvious), but how can you say a good GM would move on from Rose? Do you realize all the intangible things this guy brings to the game? You never ever see him slacking on defense and he's a vocal leader out on the court. Guys like him give the star players the proper attitude to have out on the court.

A players value is not strictly limited to his offensive production. If Rose played 20 min/gm he would give you some damn good 20 min. If Curry played post defense the way Rose does, he would be complete. Teams can always use a hard-nose player.

I don't know if you've been following IT's GM resume since he started, but he's drafted dome pretty good players for this league. If anything, he's a much better GM than he is a coach. Not following you Metro.