More negative predictions...

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-NewYorkPreview0708

This just makes a fan want to prove them wrong, they dont know it yet! The Knicks will be A team to beat in the Eastern Conference. COME ON! Average of 12th in the conference.

Quote from Ric Bucher " Only in the Big Apple is the addition of Zach Randolph viewed as a step toward title contention. People, do you know how much trouble he found in sleepy ol' Portland? Can you imagine what the playground of Manhattan will do for him? I can. "

Now that is insulting in many different ways!

amilion

Benchwarmer
I agree. Its just time we prove them wrong. If we play anything like we played against Boston and Philly (minus the 21 turnovers) we will be extremely hard to beat. Our defense seems much improved. Our chemistry looks like its coming together. I have loved watching the last two games. I am proud of this team. I've decided that I don't care what these "analysts" have to say because no matter what we do, we'll always be seen in a negative light. We could have the best record in the entire NBA and they would still say we're gonna get put out in the 1st round. Its just time to show and prove. I have confidence. We belong in the playoffs.

By the way, I know I said I don't care about what these "analysts" say about our team but Sports Illustrated said we're gonna finish 2nd in the Atlantic and 6th in the East. Just in case you wanted to know about someone who recognizes what we have.

nykway24

Rookie
[b][/b]forget About The Media

all they do is bash the knicks. all they see is the negative shit and there estatic wen if it does happen. thats seems to be their job. like how they dont see the promise this team has and with the east beinggg WIDEEEE open i truly believe we can win it. ithink if our bench keeeps playing like there are there are few teams that can match us. i get tired of seeing negative things about the knicks from their players to isiah. all they have to say about isiah now is that hes a zombie because he doesnt want to talk to them. u dont hear about how he has been preaching defence and it has been shown in the last two games. ithink isiah has created that us against the world feeling with the knicks and were going to start fighting back and earn our respect back

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Here's the problem, the Knicks are better than ESPN analysts think but they are not as good as you guys think. This is a constant topic of debate by sports fans. Fans love a team so much that they think the team is better than they really are. I've been a victim of this too. In reality the Knicks will be a play off team but an 8 or 7 seed at best. To be real, seven might be a stretch. These ESPN clowns talking about 13 (Fake ass New Yorker, I wont even say your name.) that's outrageous. But they talk about Randolph not passing the ball. It's almost as if they don't watch the games. The biggest contradiction is they say the Knicks have chemistry issues as if Orlando, New Jersey and Boston wont have the same. You mean to tell me that Orlando wont have to make a major adjustment with Lewis averaging 20+ points a game? Didn't Howard and Nelson do most of the scoring last season? And Boston according to ESPN is the team to beat because they've got three all-star players and absolutely no bench? Can these three aging players stay healthy for 82 games? Non sense ESPN. Non sense.

GetRealistic

Starter
If you guys are so starved for a positve prediction check out SI. They have the Knicks listed as a team on the rise and to finish 6th in the East. Also who gives a shit about predictions. Maybe the bad press will rally the team.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
man fuck all these so called expert analysis... the Curry/Randolph tandem is gonna mesh and do best against teams like the spurs where there is a nice slow half court game for Curry.

pat

Starter
I think it is fairly accurate. Sorry guys. And another thing: Who was it that said that Curry lost weight? Either it is the branch reaching down that far or his digestive muscle has even grown.

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think it is fairly accurate. Sorry guys. And another thing: Who was it that said that Curry lost weight? Either it is the branch reaching down that far or his digestive muscle has even grown.
It looks like he did gain a bit of weight, but I think it's mostly the brace. When he's on the court and isn't in foul trouble he still looks good on offense. Right now he's just having the same problem Shaq had when he was too strong for opposing centers. Let's not forget, Curry is a huge mutha*****r.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think Eddy and Zach will mesh only because of Zach. I'd like to see Curry keep gettin in foul trouble, Zach and Lee play well with each other and I think Zach is much more skilled then Curry. He's a better rebounder, passer, shooter, and he has better post moves. He even appears to be a better defender, which isnt hard when your compairing any1 to Curry.

Curry is a big dude, I hope he learns soon how to through his weight around on the court for defence and for using his huge frame to box out and grab some dam boards. They say that Zack Randolf's game lacks defence(witch is still better than Curry's) and athletism(Charles Oakley wasn't athletic, but he got the job done) he seems to be the one of our two big man tandem that is really gelling with the team. I like Curry and everything but when is he going to step up and be the monster Center we all know he could be?

Toons

is the Bo$$
i just want to see our first game...our first real game.....cuz right now, we were jsut trying out things, rememebr zach n curry hardly played together right after the trade...only until recently, and then curry had the shoulder thing....what we saw is just a small bit of what we are capable of.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I read an article today and the author said it's politically incorrect to say anything positive about the Knicks as specially in the wake of the Browne Saunders trial. I've always said the media has a clear bias and desire to watch the Knicks fail. Why is it that with all of the Kobe trade talk which is mostly fabricated, there is absolutely no talk about Kobe coming to NY? I've read articles that claim Kobe will go to Dallas and Phoenix, which is ridiculous, but when any one hints at the possibility of Bryant going to NY they are frowned upon. Media clearly has their heads up there asses. Don't think NY has a chance in hell of getting Kobe? Cool, but I find it very hard to believe that any professional analyst with half of a brain would think for one moment that Bryant would end up on the team of a division rival or in the same conference or to a team with nothing to trade. The most likely places for Kobe in my opinion are Chicago and NY. Let's see where the talk goes in the next few weeks.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
Even though its hard to predict positive for the Knicks becuase of their diappointing history, this year i think its gonna be diffent for them. They were pretty good in the preseason, so you really don't know what to expect

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Curry is trying to be a monster

Curry is a big dude, I hope he learns soon how to through his weight around on the court for defence and for using his huge frame to box out and grab some dam boards. They say that Zack Randolf's game lacks defence(witch is still better than Curry's) and athletism(Charles Oakley wasn't athletic, but he got the job done) he seems to be the one of our two big man tandem that is really gelling with the team. I like Curry and everything but when is he going to step up and be the monster Center we all know he could be?

I dont know but it seems like the refs have it out for the Knicks Curry keeps getting offensive fouls by doing the same moves he did last year and werent called. Guys are seeing this and are starting to flop at a much qucker rate. This is disgusting and they did the same thing to Shaq. Like come on just because he is stronger and can move guys dont mean its a foul. This way of refing the game is bull ish its like punishing the big dude just cause everyone else is weak. One more thing why didnt the NBA suspend Pierce for a few games thats not right. He tried to choke him while Garnet was holding his other arm thats crazy. Now if we did some stuff like that they would have suspended our players for the year or something. Artest got suspended for doing that in his home while Pierce and Garnett jumps Crawford on television and gets a pass whats up with the NBA tuff rules.

:wtf:

pat

Starter
I dont know but it seems like the refs have it out for the Knicks Curry keeps getting offensive fouls by doing the same moves he did last year and werent called. Guys are seeing this and are starting to flop at a much qucker rate. This is disgusting and they did the same thing to Shaq. Like come on just because he is stronger and can move guys dont mean its a foul. This way of refing the game is bull ish its like punishing the big dude just cause everyone else is weak. One more thing why didnt the NBA suspend Pierce for a few games thats not right. He tried to choke him while Garnet was holding his other arm thats crazy. Now if we did some stuff like that they would have suspended our players for the year or something. Artest got suspended for doing that in his home while Pierce and Garnett jumps Crawford on television and gets a pass whats up with the NBA tuff rules.

:wtf:

Yeah, I agree with you. They should really stick to their principles once they established them. I guess they didn't want to spoil the Boston season opener with the Big Three. It is what it is NBA is business. It is just like the 2006 Finals. D-Wade as the champ meant more money than Dirk Nowitzki. It is way easier to advertise with a guard than with a big man. Fans can relate to them . And I guess it is a marketing issue as well with not suspending Pierce.

yeah man im really tired of people just automatically thinkin that the knicks suck withuot even seeing whose on the team. Thats why it just aggrevated me so much to see us lose those close games last year cuz it just gave haters more of a false reason to hate. This year, it looks like we got what we needed to push us over the edge and win those close games, and us knicks fans shouldnt even have to worry about these ESPN anylsts gotta say b/c they barely even watch the knicks, they're national guys who cover the whole NBA, so they spend their time watching teams that they want to win instead of knicks games, so i really dont care what Ric Bucher has to say, im deffinetly excited for this years knick team...

I have to start this out bt saying that I don't think the refs have it out for Curry. Curry hasn't been playing well this pre-season he's been over powering his opponites with his body without using his head. Once Curry starts to understand how to do something besides put the ball in the hole his game should become one of an all-star calaber type of players game. On the Paul Peirce issue though your completly right. If this had been any Knick player that done this we would be down a player maby half the season. The only reason that the leage didn't come down on these FU@%S is because of the big TV rattings the new improved Bosten Celtics will bring therefor making the NBA money.