Jeffries Injuried

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Jeffries has injuried what looks to be his knee, when Richard Jefferson bashed knees with Jared Jeffries. Injury stats will be provided later. For now he is out for the game.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Yeah thats a shame, 2 blocks 2 rebounds, and 2 pts out of the ten the knicks scored in the beginning of the game. The injury is a Sprained Knee, not sure if its the left or right knee.

metrocard

Legend
Does anyone here hate Richard Jefferson more than I? Who wants to have a contest? The way he plays, his voice, his small ears, his goofy bitch-made face...the fact he's an undersized SF that gets away with a lot of calls for a B- level player. I actually glad our midget gave him a hard foul that put R-Geh on his culo.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Does anyone here hate Richard Jefferson more than I? Who wants to have a contest? The way he plays, his voice, his small ears, his goofy bitch-made face...the fact he's an undersized SF that gets away with a lot of calls for a B- level player. I actually glad our midget gave him a hard foul that put R-Geh on his culo.

yeah i hate richard jefferson too, i've hated em since his rookie year when he miss those FTs in da playoff game

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Just wanted to put this in here, it is funny how players are rated when they come out of college and how they perform when they reach the NBA... Check out nbadraft.net's profile of JJ20 when he came out of College:

Strengths: Has great ball skills, can do things not many other 6-10 players can, handle, pass, shoot. Very good in the open floor. Uses his size well. Rebounds well. Very good feel for the game, high basketball IQ. Underrated athlete. Can really get to the basket and finish. Nonchalant court demeanor seems to work for him.

Weaknesses: Biggest knock against Jefferies is that he doesn't play with enough passion. Needs to get stronger. Not super fast, has the ability to run the floor but quickness isn't overwhelming. Needs to be more aggressive.

Notes: Super inside outside player. Has very good handles at 6-10. Can hit the outside J, also has the ability to faceup and take players off the dribble. A very cerebral bigman with great perimeter and post skills. Smooth all around game. Huge upside. Must put on some weight. Doesn't have blinding quickness.

More details can be found here:
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/jaredjeffries.htm

NYKnicks15

Starter
actually that draft analysis is right on. since jj played pg when he was younger and started getting bigger his senior year he actually does have great handles for a big man. and all the knocks are still true. i wont attack his passion but his offense is a little weak and he isnt that fast. he does need to put on weight and get stronger. and he does in my opinion have good upside. just need that to come out. we have to remember hes still only a 4 year pro.

but as im not a huge fan of jj sucks that he got hurt. i hope he gets better soon. he has gone to the hospital he hurt his right knee. no further word quite yet but im not too worried because this gives Balkman and Chandler more time and also the guard rotation is smootheda little. were always better when were a man or two down anyway.

oh, and yes i cant stand richard jeffersons his face, his whack ass voice, being overated. tell me why hes such a "premier player" if his own team is tryin to pimp him off to every other team on the sneak. indy, la, charlotte, pho. and hell never be a star. not because of kidd or carter but because he has no appeal. he bores me in general. OH and my sister could have down a better tattoo on his arm than whoever did the one he has now... shes friggin 3. hate him, that ALF lookin bastard

It sucks that this had to happened now to J.Jeffries, because it seemed like he has had really good chemistry going with the first and second units. I hope its a minor injury and he's only out a liitle while. Good thing we are loaded at SF's with Q.Richardson (team leader) Balkman (fresh off injury) and W.Chandler (good looking rookie). I think we'll be just fine.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Jefferies' Status Update

Jared Jeffries will miss the season opener ? and perhaps the first week of the season ? after spraining the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee last night. Jeffries was going for a steal in the first quarter when he banged knees with the Nets? Richard Jefferson, then fell awkwardly. A magnetic resonance imaging exam revealed the ligament injury and a bone bruise. Jeffries had season-ending surgery on the same ligament in 2002, his rookie year with Washington. Given that history, Jeffries was relieved at the diagnosis yesterday. ?If you have to miss one or two games, as opposed to missing a whole season, I really feel blessed that I didn?t do something more serious,? he said.

From the NY Times

nyKnicks126

YEa I wanted to mention that too, I hate Richard Jefferson too. Remember the last time we were in the playoffs and he injuried Tim Thomas. He injuried a lot of our guys from what I remember. Richard Jefferson also looks like King Tut a little.

images

Trin_Starr

Starter
RJ is a fag. There's no doubt about it.

On the other hand, I really sorry for Jefferies. The dude has been working his ass off to make a difference and he was having a hell of a game last night in the first 5mins... hopefully he won't be out too long - some sources are saying about 2 weeks.

By the way, do you guys know, last year when he broke his wrist, it was when they were playing against the Nets in preseason....I think he needs to sit out all other preseason NETS games :)

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't like RJ but I don't like the Nets as a team so the hell with them all. It's good to see that fans are now understanding JJ's value. Wasn't like that a year ago. Hopefully the knee injury isn't that serious and he'll be back soon but the good news is we've got other players that can produce NOW. We need Curry and Randolph to mesh, block some shots and grab some boards.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
donchris, thats cause he was actually being productive. i think he wasnt mentally ready to play in NY last year and as a result his play suffered. it looks like maybe he toughened up and im glad to see him playing well and hopefully contribute soon. rj is a bitch though.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I'll tell you how shallow Richard Jefferson is...when Alonzo was on the Nets and trying to make a comeback from his kidney ailment...he and another NJ teammate were making fun of him and his ailment which resulted in a confrontation that was instantly broken up (because Zo would have ripped R-Jeff's lil ear's off and dunk it in his mouth and scream). I never liked Jefferson after I heard that. You never make fun of a serious life and death ailment such as that. You just don't...

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
well i dont like Jefferson either but lets move on...I never heard bout that issue wit Zo but thats just fucked up...because of this injury i really wish for a speedy recovery for balkman... we need that tall lanky player in the middle disrupting the passing lanes n deflecting balls for the fast break

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
He should have gotten a tech

RJ wasnt even going for the ball he hit jerfferies hard didnt even reach for the ball. he was trying to hurt him i dont know i guess he was frustrating him on defense or something. RJ is a cheat and they should review the game. Well forget that they didnt even fine Pierce i bet if Crawford did that to Pierce he would have been out for the whole season

:gony: