Thread: Thoughts on Knicks 2007-8 season

Hybrid View

Veteran

Breaking News Thoughts on Knicks 2007-8 season

In this 2007-8 Knick Season

The BEST team to compare the Knicks with is there across the River rivals the Nets, whom beat the Knicks (Terrible) twice in the Preseason with just their Bench Players.
    Looking at the Nets roster and than the Knicks roster you will see all the Knicks weakest positions. You can start with looking and grading at the starting PG and his PG-backup:

Jason Kidd = A+, Armstrong = B
    Marbury = C+, Nate = B+
    The above PG difference is a Major factor of concern on the confidence of the rest of the players on the roster. Especially when you look at the PG's prime partner in the backcourt his SG.
    Carter = A-, Wright = C+
    Crawford = C-, Jones = C- too.

That is why they call the Nets "The BIG-3" (PG, SG, SF),
    and now the chemistry that is taken place on the Boston Cetics will also be called the "BIG-3" too (SG, SF, PF).

The Knicks dont have a BIG-3 in their Starting lineup, the closest the Knicks could come to a BIG-3 line-up is in their Bench-Players in PF-Lee, SF-Balkman, and Combo Nate Robinson.
    SG-D-Nichols would have become a great scorer inside that Bench lineup, especially wid the addition of PF-Zach Randolph.

The Knicks been very WEAK at SG position since the days of "Ward, Houston, and Van Horn (or Sprewell)".
    The Knicks best SG since then has been Combo-Guard Nate.

That is why I was so happy wid 6.8 Rookie SG-D-Nichols, with Crawford still imature decision making and poor FG percentage, Q.Rich slowness from back injury, and Fred Jones past against NBA competition, that Rookie SG-Demetris Nichols would have eased his way into the SG-Rotation with his Peremeter shooting when we needed it the most (the unknown Rookie).

I think its time for me to stay away from the Knicks after they Cut D-Nichols. Isiah Thomas have to get FIRED! this 15 man lineup is not going anywhere without a healthy Lee, Balkman, Nate, and Collins for 82 games.
    D-Nichols was suppose to be the Scorer on the Bench-Crew.
    But Isiah Thomas want all the scoring in his "Play-Book" to just go to "Marbury, Crawford, Q.Rich, Zach, and Curry".

I'm FINISHED with Isiah Thomas FAKE Plan for this Knick-Team, it has'nt Worked for him in "Four-Seasons" (with 5 Coaches), and it started to look like it was going to workout well for him in the offseason with the addition of Two pure Peremeter Shooters "Zach Randolph & Demetris Nichols", but Isiah goes and CUT D-Nich.
    Meaning us Knick-Fans has to depend on inconsistent Crawford & Fred Jones at the SG position for points this season.
    The Knicks BEST "Three-Guard-Offense" consist of Marbury, Nate, and D-Nich, or Nate, Collins, and Jones.

Seeee ya!!!!!
    <!-- / message -->

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I'm FINISHED with Isiah Thomas FAKE Plan for this Knick-Team, it has'nt Worked for him in "Four-Seasons" (with 5 Coaches), and it started to look like it was going to workout well for him in the offseason with the addition of Two pure Peremeter Shooters "Zach Randolph & Demetris Nichols", but Isiah goes and CUT D-Nich.
    This one's for u Kiyaman

Kiyamn, would you please not put the "breaking news" sign infront of an ordinary angry-fan-post? Apart from that I somehow agree with your opinion except that I don't think Nichols would have made much of a difference this year.

Also there seem to be a few attitude issues going on with Nichols.

how u going give antoine wright a C+ and then give crawford a C-, and what u mean they beat us wit their bench, the only starter who didnt play big minutes was Jkidd, u just find ways to make the knicks look bad

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Of all the things Thomas should be fired for you think the straw that broke it all was releasing Nicholas? That is laughable. I can see the point of views to remove Thomas. The bad signings, not making the playoffs, lack of chemistry but you talk as if Nicholas would have seen major playing time if he were here. I've agreed with you guys on that 'IF' Curry and Randolph can't figure it out and make the play offs this year then Thomas should go. But if he can get this team to play as a team and Randolph/Curry complement each other he should stay. It's way, way to early to really see what these guys will do. How can you grade any player with out bias in the pre-season?

Superstar

their big 3 all played 30+ minutes last night and it was a closer game than the first one without kidd. with your "grades" obviously kidd gets the a+ but armstrong a b and marbury a c+? i would hope youre basing it on the game/ i didnt see the game but i seriously doubt armstrong will ever outplay marbury for an extended stretch. we have 2 guys who if you add up their weight make up a big 3...thats close enough right? and randolph pure perimeter shooter? he has that dimension but thats not all he does. i personally feel we should be playing q and balkma together and bring a combination of nate/craw/chandler off the bench at the 2-3 spots with maybe jeffries thrown in for defense.

Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    their big 3 all played 30+ minutes last night and it was a closer game than the first one without kidd. with your "grades" obviously kidd gets the a+ but armstrong a b and marbury a c+? i would hope youre basing it on the game/ i didnt see the game but i seriously doubt armstrong will ever outplay marbury for an extended stretch. we have 2 guys who if you add up their weight make up a big 3...thats close enough right? and randolph pure perimeter shooter? he has that dimension but thats not all he does. i personally feel we should be playing q and balkma together and bring a combination of nate/craw/chandler off the bench at the 2-3 spots with maybe jeffries thrown in for defense.
    I think I'm starting to agree with the last part of what you said, about Richardson and Balkmen playin together. It'd be better defense at the 2 guard spot. Crawford needs to step up his D or come off the bench.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Nate = C
    Marbury = B

Kidd = A
    Armstrong - C-

Crawford = C+
    Jones = C

Carter = A-
    Wright = C-

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by pyotrveliky
    Yo that is brilliant. I hope Thomas can see that once Balkman is healthy Crawford should be benched. I'd only start Crawford if a guard was injured. I'm really starting to think that Randolph may be trade bait. Don't be surprised if you hear Ranolph's name in a trade rumor to L.A.

Superstar

Originally Posted by donchris
    Yo that is brilliant. I hope Thomas can see that once Balkman is healthy Crawford should be benched. I'd only start Crawford if a guard was injured. I'm really starting to think that Randolph may be trade bait. Don't be surprised if you hear Ranolph's name in a trade rumor to L.A.
    yeah the thing is we cant trade him until december? i think if LA has to trade kobe for whatever reason, a package of kobe/vlad for marbury/randolph/young guys/draft picks if that works financially isnt that bad for them.