trade curry and problems will be solved

metrocard

Legend
nyKnicks126, Marbury defends and passes the ball very good.. Marbury would average 7-8 assist, but Curry take 4-5 seconds to create his shot, which usually is a trip to the free throw line...unassisted.

Marbury isn't the problem, he's the best overall player on this team and our best PG by far.

Everyone wants to hang Marbury...lol, Crawford and Curry contribute to a lot of our negatives where Marbury's negatives are limited.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Every GREAT point metro. You got that post man. Didnt think of that, Eddy Does get fouled like every other possesion... But Marbury got to create! HE NEEDS TO create opportunities for the knicks to get easy buckets.

Are you high?

Derek Fisher
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Bynum
Curry

y wud u trade curry who is young and on the verge of an allstar season and jefferies who is also young for a player who is named in the worst first round draft picks in history and 2 sg's who will be on the bench because of nate, marbury, collins, crawford.....that dosent make sense.....we have a team in the process to contend for years...if we get artest before the allstar game, we might have the chance to win it all
the cinderella story ....ppl love that kind of story...especially with the big 3 in boston....this will be a good season

according to who exactly? Who besides Isiah feels Curry will ever become an allstar. He didnt deserve it last year and unless he adds another 2 rebounds and at least a whole blocked shot to his average I doubt he'll ever be an allstar, nor should he. He sucks dude, lets be serious. As a fourth option I'd say great lets keep him but dont let isiah's little experiment where Marbury defers to inferior players just for the sake of goig through the motions make you fooled into thinking Curry is anything more than just a talented player who'll never win or dominate. Its pshycological with him, he's a loser.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
according to who exactly? Who besides Isiah feels Curry will ever become an allstar. He didnt deserve it last year and unless he adds another 2 rebounds and at least a whole blocked shot to his average I doubt he'll ever be an allstar, nor should he. He sucks dude, lets be serious. As a fourth option I'd say great lets keep him but dont let isiah's little experiment where Marbury defers to inferior players just for the sake of goig through the motions make you fooled into thinking Curry is anything more than just a talented player who'll never win or dominate. Its pshycological with him, he's a loser.

Not true. Curry made improvements last season and was on the verge of making the all star team. You've got to look at the situations that Curry and Randolph were in last season. Randolph had nearly NO HELP. It's easy to score 20+ points if you are playing with eleven role players. The Knicks have a more developed team then the blazers. So from that perspective I can't say that Randolph is the better player. May be Randolph gets a slight edge because he can shoot from the perimeter but when trading, you trade the guy you can get the most value for and since Randolph may not fit, why trade a guy that does?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think Randolph is clearly a better player then Curry. Metrocard kind of touched on this, but when Curry gets the ball he hesitates to much. Zach gets the ball and he begins to make his move immediatley and hes much more aggressive but in a way where he doesnt run over the defender and get called for the offensive foul. Zach is a much better rebounder, better passer, and maybe even better on defense. Trading away Curry isnt worth arguing about cuz he aint gonna be traded. Zach would be traded before Curry. Look at what Isiah gave up for Zach and look at what he gave up for Curry. EC is here to stay.

jzero29

Rotation player
Not one game has been played.

The Knicks need to get rid of Marbury 19,000,000!!!!!! J James 5 million! Marbury is 20th in the league in assists. Hes gotta be up there higher if he is making that much money! WIth some respect to Marbury I would trade him for Jamal Tinsley. Vet, can defend, steal, pass. And He is only like 28 years old.

I agree with the 2 stud thing you said. BUT Randolph must go instead of Eddy Curry. Z Bo is ball hogg. I rather build a team around a young center like EC. Randolph is good too, but he isn't the right fit, I hope I am wrong though.

We haven't really ever seen these guys play together. How can you know? As Donchris points out, he was the go to guy on a team off role players. SO maybe he shoots more than passes. How do we know that wasn't the coaches plan to have him shoot like crazy. If he can make an adjustment, learn to play with curry and a better cast of players around him. Maybe he'll pass more. Thats a coaches job, to get guys to play together, look at boston, everyone was saying it won't work, to many stars, but I remember those guys passing the ball around like the globe trotters in preseason. The bottom line is, the coach has to convince these guys to play as a team, the team concept. Point guards also, thats why jason kidd is so effective, he shares. He makes plays, whether its passing for assists, stealing, general defense, rebounding, scoreing or no stat at all. He just makes plays. Marbury has had the ball taken from his hands by less capable players like Jamaal Crawford, cutting into his assist #s.Marbury has talent and is better than tinsley, but marbury should learn from Jason Kidd. He sets a tone, that scoring isn't the most important, making plays, thats whats important. Kidd can go, 0 for whatever everynight with zero assists 0 rebounds 0 steals and any fan would be happy if the their team was winning and he contributed to the team by making plays. Say each assist he should of got, was erased with the extra pass, or he set the pick so his sg was open and he didn't rebound but he helped box out, He recorded no blocks but his hand was in the face of the shooter everytime, slightly changing their shot. Say he misses every shot, but he broke down the defense and someone is there to clean it up, and is excited and playing with passion, because Kidd is plays team ball. No steals, but he was prowling the passing lane and the guy threw it away. He could get no stats and be the MVP of his team. Marbury has the talent to do this, he just needs the attitude. Maybe thats where tinsely beats him? But I think marbury played well last season.

I agree he didn't deserve it last year, he started out real strong, then after he was snubbed, instead of showing everyone they made a mistake, he started to crumble, this could be due to several factors, but showed mental weakness, which could be the whole pshycological thing you refer to. To his defense Curry is young, he's 24yr old, almost 25, he's a baby. Give him a chance to see whats important, I think last year was first time he came to camp in decent shape, shows motivation, had career high RPG. After first month he cut down on offensive fouls(learned not to lower shoulder as much) Give him a chance to improve in other areas, this season he should show steady improvemnet, if not, then you can say never. but right now you can't say it, he had a couple of games that he was awesome, dominant, against good teams. If he plays a solid yer he could be an allstar, if he had finished his season like he started it, everyone in the league would think he got snubbed last year.

Not true. Curry made improvements last season and was on the verge of making the all star team. You've got to look at the situations that Curry and Randolph were in last season. Randolph had nearly NO HELP. It's easy to score 20+ points if you are playing with eleven role players. The Knicks have a more developed team then the blazers. So from that perspective I can't say that Randolph is the better player. May be Randolph gets a slight edge because he can shoot from the perimeter but when trading, you trade the guy you can get the most value for and since Randolph may not fit, why trade a guy that does?

I agree Curry did improve, still needs to go further, and got weak at end of season. Maybe not his fault with injuries to his supporting cast allowing teams to key in on Curry.
On other hand you say it's easy to score 20ppg, when you have only roleplayers around you. I disagree, it as I said allows the opponent to key on you. But when it's 5 on 1, it's not so easy.

I think Randolph is clearly a better player then Curry. Metrocard kind of touched on this, but when Curry gets the ball he hesitates to much. Zach gets the ball and he begins to make his move immediatley and hes much more aggressive but in a way where he doesnt run over the defender and get called for the offensive foul. Zach is a much better rebounder, better passer, and maybe even better on defense. Trading away Curry isnt worth arguing about cuz he aint gonna be traded. Zach would be traded before Curry. Look at what Isiah gave up for Zach and look at what he gave up for Curry. EC is here to stay.

I agree, but these are things that Curry and Zach can work on together and neither should be traded before they get a shot at it. It's way to early for trade talk of either of these two. We haven't even seen one game. Give them the first month of the season together to gell, before we start with any serious trade talks.