Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: win win season for Isiah haters

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    8

    Default win win season for Isiah haters

    Look this season is a guaranteed success for all of you who don't like Isiah, reason being is the popular opinion is that he's a goner if the Knicks don't make the playoffs. So it's truley a win win, also if we don't make it we'd have a lottery pick to either use, or package with an expiring contract such as Malik's or even Stephon's (if IT is not the GM it is likely that he could get moved).

    I'll go even a step further and say even if we make the playoffs this year, then the following year IT will be expected to win a series the in 2008/09. If the Knicks win a series this season, then that becomes the new expectation for this team

    The only problem to me is that we took on Zach's contract, if this experiment doesn't work I don't think we can move him. and he's on the books for 4 seasons, now granted he's not as imovable as Francis, but it's going to trade his contract.

  2. #2
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Nyk Logo

    You know the irony here is if you really wish Isiah fails that means you wish the Knicks continue to lose. If we make the playoffs with Thomas as coach then he wont be fired right? I mean it's not like we're the Timber wolves. We do have a chance to make the play offs. Imagine how T wolf fans feel. The ones that really know the game have got to know that they never made enough moves to make the play offs let along contend.

    The Knicks situation is much different. We were on the verge of making the play offs last year and have made improvements in the off season. So in order for the coach to go the team has to really suck. Is that what fans want?

    My support of Thomas has some what diminished. I'm starting to view the Randolph acquisition differently, may be more clearly. Getting Randolph was smart because Thomas actually traded the untradable Steve Francis. But I can't give Thomas points for bringing in Randolph because you don't get points for fixing your f'k up. Thomas has got to get Randolph and Curry to do more than score or trade Randolph before the season is out.

    Randolph
    Crawford
    Lee

    for

    Bryant

  3. #3
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Isiah should of been gone two seasons ago.

  4. #4
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I agree with the fact that Isiah was cleaning up his mistake (S.Francis) by shipping him out for Zack (and F.Jones) but you have to agree we got the better of this deal. I like your supposed trade for Kobe except I think we would be better off keeping Zack replace him with Curry and keep D.Lee and maby throw in something else like Money,Picks, or another player.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    You know the irony here is if you really wish Isiah fails that means you wish the Knicks continue to lose. If we make the playoffs with Thomas as coach then he wont be fired right? I mean it's not like we're the Timber wolves. We do have a chance to make the play offs. Imagine how T wolf fans feel. The ones that really know the game have got to know that they never made enough moves to make the play offs let along contend.

    The Knicks situation is much different. We were on the verge of making the play offs last year and have made improvements in the off season. So in order for the coach to go the team has to really suck. Is that what fans want?

    My support of Thomas has some what diminished. I'm starting to view the Randolph acquisition differently, may be more clearly. Getting Randolph was smart because Thomas actually traded the untradable Steve Francis. But I can't give Thomas points for bringing in Randolph because you don't get points for fixing your f'k up. Thomas has got to get Randolph and Curry to do more than score or trade Randolph before the season is out.

    Randolph
    Crawford
    Lee

    for

    Bryant
    Why trade the better player? Randolph is better than Curry, more versatile and still has a little but not much more potential. Curry at this point is dooming the knicks if we're gonna pound the ball 18 times a game for him to only score 19 points and nothing else.

  6. #6
    Superstar jzero29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    8

    Default metro is that frye in your picture?

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Isiah should of been gone two seasons ago.
    metro is that frye in your picture? He looks like a crack head. DIdn't really do much in portland yesterday.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,980
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by Isiah's Advocate 33
    Look this season is a guaranteed success for all of you who don't like Isiah, reason being is the popular opinion is that he's a goner if the Knicks don't make the playoffs. So it's truley a win win, also if we don't make it we'd have a lottery pick to either use, or package with an expiring contract such as Malik's or even Stephon's (if IT is not the GM it is likely that he could get moved).

    I'll go even a step further and say even if we make the playoffs this year, then the following year IT will be expected to win a series the in 2008/09. If the Knicks win a series this season, then that becomes the new expectation for this team

    The only problem to me is that we took on Zach's contract, if this experiment doesn't work I don't think we can move him. and he's on the books for 4 seasons, now granted he's not as imovable as Francis, but it's going to trade his contract.

    It does not matter if Isiah Thomas makes the Playoffs he still will be FIRED.
    Maybe if the Knicks make it too the Eastern Conference FINALS, and finish 1st or 2nd in the Atlantic Division Isiah may still be around for the 2008-9 season. But ....

    I really doubt that the Owner of MSG and Cable Vision want to go another offseason with people still talking about the President of the Knicks Sexual Harrasement Case, and how it been overturned.

    Why trade the better player? Randolph is better than Curry, more versatile and still has a little but not much more potential. Curry at this point is dooming the knicks if we're gonna pound the ball 18 times a game for him to only score 19 points and nothing else.
    Alot of Knick Players are better than Curry.
    Watching LaMarcus Aldridge play make you think that maybe he should've been the go to guy in Portland last season.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Negotiate To Trade Zeke!! HAAAhaha! That's fUnNy!

    Originally Posted by Isiah's Advocate 33
    ... Zach's contract, if this experiment doesn't work I don't think we can move him.
    Do you actually think anyone else in the NBA, other than the biggest ass clown of a corporate baby sitter for "The Corporate Basketball Division" of a leading cable media corporation, aka: Cablevision representative James Dolan, would be stupid enough to actually take this idiot off our hands?! This is the same guy who ran the Toronto Raptor's organization COMPLETELY into BANKRUPTCY!! Do the research!! James Dolan sure didn't before drinking Zeke's bull**** contaminated Kool-Ade. I can hear the negotiations now ... "Excuse me every other team in the NBA ... we have this idiot running our baskball division and he's developed quite a successful track record in ruining our team's record not to mention it's reputation we might add!! What do you say we make you a deal to take this ****-wad of a front office idiot off our hands (PLEASE!!!). He'll do as good a job ruining your organization as he's done to ours too?? We promise!" Signed, Cablevision.
    Last edited by mArBuRyIsAmOrOn; Nov 01, 2007 at 11:09.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Uhh ...

    Originally Posted by donchris
    ... in order for the coach to go the team has to really suck. Is that what fans want? ...
    Yea! You got it!! FINALLY!!! What took so long? And while they're at it, the Knicks need to get rid of Isiah's ass partner James Dolan too! Not to mention, we'd get a good first round draft pick, if Isiah isn't allowed to trade that away (AGAIN) for someone to play Bozo the Clown in his little MSG Circus show.

Similar Threads

  1. In Fairness to Last Season
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Sep 27, 2007, 15:11
  2. Did we have a chance?
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Sep 26, 2007, 05:53
  3. End of Season Grades
    By GetRealistic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Apr 17, 2007, 21:50
  4. A realistic discussion on the Knicks.
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Apr 16, 2007, 16:44
  5. could this be the reason for such a sh*tty season???
    By sxmarbury516 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 15, 2006, 17:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •