Mixed up Marbury

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
This past offseason Steph claimed in SEVERAL interviews (high or not) that he'd shoot less, average 10 points a game and dish the ball a lot more.

Yesterday he says he's going to shoot more.

So which one is it?

Me I prefer for him to score more.

What would you guys want?
10pts 8 assists 3 turnovers
or
18pts 6 assist 4 turnovers

??

This past offseason Steph claimed in SEVERAL interviews (high or not) that he'd shoot less, average 10 points a game and dish the ball a lot more.

So which one is it?

or

??

why not 20 and 8? He used to do so. Its funny how everyone thinks he's a better PG and he now averages less assists than when he was considered selfish....nah just kidding I know thats not the way to win because it was the way he got those 8 assists that mattered. He'd balll hog and get his 8 assists by kicking it out. In that case somebodys gonna make enough shots to get you your assists and make you look good. But back to the present, I think he should look to score about 18 pts and I'll never put a number on assists, just look for your teammates. Just win. When Marbury says he's gonna shoot more I'm fine because I know it means he'll penetrate more, keep the defenses honest and let them know that pounding the ball inside is our main game, but dont forget we can burn you with penetration as well. It sure beats watching Crawford iso all game.

Trin_Starr

Starter
When Marbury says he's gonna shoot more I'm fine because I know it means he'll penetrate more, keep the defenses honest and let them know that pounding the ball inside is our main game, but dont forget we can burn you with penetration as well. It sure beats watching Crawford iso all game.

Great post!
+1

I also read how Isiah has put some pick n' pop offensive scenarios with steph and zach in his playbook - which is great because that has always been a big part of steph's skillset.

Secondly - by Steph being agressive and driving to the basket more means he will be able to draw more fouls on the opposing bigs - this will then force the other team to pull them out of the game and now curry and zach can dominate even more against the 2nd string bigs.

nyk_nyk

All Star
It is extremely important for our guards to penetrate at least half the time. This is the only way to make an opposing coach switch from zone to man. Having EC and Zach means that our low post is solid, but not if teams cheat on D and zone up around those guys. We have the ball handling quickness to get through zones, so I fully expect teams to have to play in between and not commit to either zone or man defense.

If Marbury averages 20, then someone is not getting enough touches.

jzero29

Rotation player
I liked old marbury

So which one is it?

or

??
Old marbury, with timberwolves and Phoniex, 1st year with NY, was a 20 pts and 8assist guy with 3-4 TO. I want him back. The guy who was so dangerous defenses keyed on him getting everyone else open. I actually want a winner, at least with phoenix he used to make playoffs. I'd like to see him play more like Kidd, a guy who makes plays, not just focusing on scoring, although scores sometimes. Kidd makes plays, he makes the big assist,steal, pass, shot, rebound(yes rebound) He's the Best all around point guard in the league. Marbury has talent to do this, need right attitude and he may not have it. Talking of shooting more or less, thats not the point. It's making the play. No matter what it is, the dagger 3, the drive and finish or dish, the rebound. Thats what he needs to do focus on making the play, not the stat sheet. I said it in another post, you can have a terrible stat sheet, zeroes across the board, but be the most valuable player on your team, Maybe your every assist is erased by the extra pass, you set the pick to get the sg open. you don't rebound but you box out and your teamate gets the board. You don't get a steal but you were in the passing lane when the passer tries not to throw you the ball and he throws it away or to someone on your team. Maybe You don't get a block, but your right there all over your man, hand in face, adn he's got to adjust his shot and its off. You penetrate the D, breaking it down, causing chaos, miss the shot, but the guy who switched to pick you up left his man open to clean up your missed FG. You instill confidence in your players by freely distributing the ball to every player, this inspires your other teamates to trust the guys and it becomes contagious. When a guy is selfish you call him out, tell him to pass. You run the show set the tone. Marbury has the talent, he can be a leader, guys will follow him, he just has to step up and make the Play. Take the ball out of crawfords hands and back into marbury and give him a shot.

WiL8000

Rotation player
This might be the first thing Marbury has said recently that makes sense. This is his strength, penetration...drawing fouls or dishing it out when the defense closes in on him. Hopefully it goes as planned.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer

So which one is it?

or

??

Really I prefer the 18pts 6ast and 4 turnovers only because we still need him to score some buckets too. But he still the leading PG and still need to made some good assists. The turnovers could be less too.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
when Nate really comes into the PG i know he can be Steph should b moved to SG so he can drive all day

jzero29

Rotation player
What about winning games???

I don`t care about Starbury`s stats. The only thing that counts is winning games.
That was my point in prior post, he could put up zeroes, in order to make plays, scoring isn't everything, making a play is. Thats how you win.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I thought from maybe the middle of january until the end of the season marbury looked more aggressive on offense. I think i remember him having a lot of 30 point games. He doesnt make sense a lot of the time but I dont care. Hes one of my favorite players and he needs to play the way he did in the 2nd half of the season last year. When he scores, the defense plays him tighter sometimes causing double teams leaving someone open so I defintily think he needs to look to attack and dish. He's truly a combo guard cuz he can score and he can pass. Like others have said, he needs to be that 20 points and 8 assists Marbury he was a couple years ago. I'm not worried about his defense, hes now one of the better defensive point guards in the league. I remember Metrocard sayin recently that Marburys a top 10 point guard and I agree. If it wasnt for the way he stepped up his D last year, I would be concerned about him being the starting point guard with Crawfor (No D) starting at the 2-guard. I think its best to ignore whatever marbury says or dont take it seriously cuz hes one of the last guys that us knicks fans need to worry about. We should be worried about Curry, Crawford, and possible Zach. I haven't seen enough of him to determine how good of a defender he is. He looked real good against the Celtics in the preseason game but in other games he didnt look so sharp. Over the next week, we'll get a good idea of how good this team is going to be. They need to get off to a good start this year cuz its going to be competitive.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
yeah i was happy to read this, i really hated last year when he didnt take advantage of mis matches

pat

Starter
It is extremely important for our guards to penetrate at least half the time. This is the only way to make an opposing coach switch from zone to man.

Did you ever try to penetrate against a zone? It's hopeless. The way to crack a zone open isn't slashing but quick ball movement and long range jumpers. Penetration is a means to draw the defending center (in a man-on-man defence) away from Curry or Zach to stick through. It won't do any good against a zone.