GAME Thread: New York Knicks @ Cleveland Cavaliers 11/2/07

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
New York Knicks @ Cleveland Cavaliers 11/2/07 Friday 7:30.
TV: NBALP, FSO, MSG HD.

Sorry I posted this so early but I just couldn't wait.

All predictions in game talk and all other game discussions go here.

1st game of the regular season, I want to see energy from the Knicks!

Last edited:

Trin_Starr

Starter
The cavs looked really lost against the mavs. Their D was nonexistant.
It doesn't look like Varejao will be back in time as well and that's good for us because he is such a flopper, and always gets curry in foul trouble.

1st game - 1st win!
LET'S GO KNICKS!

WiL8000

Rotation player
If Cleveland plays the way they did last night, the Knicks should win this one. I am looking forward to this season, I want to remain optimistic...it took forever to get here.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
although the cavs played pretty bad last night don't get ur hopes up about the exact same thing happening again tomorrow... we still gotta keep our D tight n lock down Lebron cause u know he's gonna b real hungry comin into NY after his performance last night

jzero29

Rotation player
Cavs looking to rebound from embarassing performance

Don't Count out the Cavs, they will come out strong, make sure we all wave to D-Nichols on the Cavs bench. The knicks will need to be on top of their game. There will be no time for shaking rust off, or getting to know each other. It's gonna be a battle. Don't know what to make of this team yet, but we're gonna find out.
My prediction is a close one, knicks pull it out late in the 4th

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Seriously my predictions are Knicks 98 Cavs 84.

They should bounce back from that lose in Dallas, but wont.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
As long as the knicks play defense, they should win. The knicks overall have a more talented roster then Cleveland. After Lebron, Cleveland has a couple of good role players but thats it. Hold Lebron under the 30 and it should be a win for the knicks. Q-Rich and balkmen will get the job done.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
good prediciton

:gony:Yeah if we keep up that D that was seen in the off season we should win. Balkman and Q can hold him to under 30 but if not we need to make sure the rest of the team dosnt score he wont score more then the knicks so if we hold down the rest of the team we can do good. I say dont double him just make sure the other guys dont get a open looks.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i agree...holding lebron under 30 is not a formula to win...if he has 23 pts, 14 rebs, 12 assistss....they still can win....lebron had a point guard mind also...i think we need to have curry box out illgauskis and keep him a good distance from the hoop on defense and take him out of the paint on offense...that way with big Z out of the paint, the boards will belong to dlee and randolph. Our main challenge will be defending their 3 pt shooters. Dribble pennetration may also b an option with curry and randolph booxing out and clearing lanes for nate and marbury. I think our key to success will be our midrange shot, maily from crawford and marbury (zach is almost automatic) and our perimeter defense. Try and get lebron in foul trouble again also, and allow crawford, jefferies, q rich, balkman and lee defend lebron at times...keep fresh legs on him at all times
...i think if we execute, this win will be easier than we think

Toons

is the Bo$$
I predict a fast pace game...(W) Knicks - 118 (L) Cavs - 107

Marbury - 14pts 14 assists 4 rebs
randolph - 26pts 16 rebs 2 assist
Curry - 19 pts 11 rebs 6 assists

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
Energy is the key tonight. The Cavs will come with plenty after their opening night embarassment. If the Knicks match the intensity early, they should be able to pull away in the second half. The Cavs seem a little fragile emotionally and will have a difficult time winning a close one. Hang tough early Knicks and Curry stay out of foul trouble and it should be an exciting 4th quarter.

GetRealistic

Starter
I wish the Cavs didnt lay an absolute egg against the Mavs wednesday, because you know there going to show up tonite. They don't want to start the season 0-2 at home. All that said i don't see any reason why we can't win the game. I think the key to the game is simple..... Make Lebron shoot jumpshots. Lebrons a great player but if you force him to beat you with jumpers i'll take my chances. Let Lebron shoot his jumpers and limit his drives and keep guys like Gibson and Marshall from having open looks.

Knicks win 101- 97.

I hope D-Nich torches them. Any other time I wouldnt want any resistence from the other team, but this time it's justified.

pat

Starter
i think we need to have curry box out illgauskis

rofl

I predict a fast pace game...(W) Knicks - 118 (L) Cavs - 107

Marbury - 14pts 14 assists 4 rebs
randolph - 26pts 16 rebs 2 assist
Curry - 19 pts 11 rebs 6 assists

Why do you think Curry is going to get 19 points in a fast-pace game? He will have 5 quick fouls because his stamina is not up for D in a fast pace game.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Just a lil' something to tide us over til 7:30

Got to love the part when Pat rejects like 3 dudes in the paint in one sequence!