GAME Thread: New York Knicks @ Cleveland Cavaliers 11/2/07

GetRealistic

Starter
Yo you gotta be quite ^. Curry was better then your Marbury. 250,000 Dollars a game and playing the way he played I think I would play better then him. I would kick him out of here.[/QUOTE ]

It took you awhile but you finally came around. Marbury is a team cancer and trash. If somebody can tell me that we'd not be better off with Nate/Mardy playing his minutes Id love to hear it. The guys a 10 year vet and he stll does't get it. He's all about himself.

If wasn't a Brooklyn guy the fans who are all over his jock would realize what he is.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
overall im pretty happy with the effort, we played one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the east in their home opener and were leading for a while and made it a close game. obviously our defense still needs some work but im pretty happy with the guard play. our transition d is still sloppy and pick and roll defense too. i think on both sides of the ball curry had the worst game, he had some bad offensive moves and decisions. i was very happy watching z-bo, if he sticks to 10-15 feet out of the paint while playing with curry i think they are the nastiest 4/5 combination in the east by far. he has a ridiculous shooting touch for a big body pf. i was very happy with nate off the bench, he hit his shots but wasnt overly selfish. if we can gradually improve our defense as the season goes on and if balkman can give a lot more than he did tonight in terms of guarding the other teams swingman, we can legitimately look at 35-45 wins and a playoff spot. and i agree if were starting crawford id like to see mardy out there. i love nate but i dont think he can ever crack the starting rotation unless were playing small pgs. theres no way marbury doesnt start unless he plays absolutely awful.

pat

Starter
DEFEND THE 3 POINT SHOT!!!

Same old shit all over again. There are a lot of complaints about Curry on this site, but the 3 point shot kills us every time. That's not Curry's fault.

In part it is. If the outside defenders cannot rely on Curry to help out, they cannot guard the shooters that closely. They have to prevent the penetration by all means necessary because otherwise that was it with two bigmen averaging half a blocked shot together.

Why do you all pick on Marbury, he is the best pointguard in the game. *rofl*

I mean damn, how hard is it to pick up on those perimeter guys? This was the case in the pre-season too, and the opposition does their homework and takes advantage every time. Why were we double teaming Cleveland post players who are trash in the paint? Only to leave Boobie and all of their other guards open on the top of the key. I'm sorry but it hurts to get torched by a guy named "Boobie". All in all in the Knicks played a great game, I'm glad we at least competed and kept it damn close. But, we lost A LOT of games last year by 4 or less points too, so this cant become the norm all over again.

Showtime

Rookie
Hello...

I'm an Italian fan of New York Knicks...I'm writing from Naples, my name's Luca and I'm 22 years old.. Basketball is my big passion...I love NBA...but I also love FIBA basket...so I'm a fan of Basket Napoli (two seasons ago we signed Lynn Greer that the past year has played with Bucks)...

I've seen Cavs-Knicks this night (07.30 p.m. in U.S.A. - 00.30 a.m. in Italy)...Curry e Randolph have dominated in the paint...Crawford, one word for his performance: EXTRAORDINARY...Robinson has been a good change for an insufficient Marbury...David Lee is a very big defender

We must to improve in defensive game...We can't endure 3 consecutive three-point-shoots by Gibson...

However we'll win against T'wolves...:peace:

EXCUSE ME FOR MY HORRIBLE ENGLISH :barf:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yo you gotta be quite ^. Curry was better then your Marbury. 250,000 Dollars a game and playing the way he played I think I would play better then him. I would kick him out of here.[/QUOTE ]

It took you awhile but you finally came around. Marbury is a team cancer and trash. If somebody can tell me that we'd not be better off with Nate/Mardy playing his minutes Id love to hear it. The guys a 10 year vet and he stll does't get it. He's all about himself.

If wasn't a Brooklyn guy the fans who are all over his jock would realize what he is.

Yup couldn't agree more. If Nate or Mardy got the minutes Marbury is gettin they would be a bigger force out there then Marbury.

But I wont complain the Knicks played well overall, I just think the outside D in the 4th killed the Knicks.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Its only one game...you mofos are already crucifying Marbury. This man, Lee, and Balkman were the primary reason we got close to winning 30 games last season.

Since when Nate > Marbury? Lets be serious here.

Trade Crawford.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Now why Crawford? He actually knows how to pass and get guys open something that Marbury has a hard time doing. Did you guys see the way Marbury was arguing and yellin at Nate. Thats messed up. Because Nate took a three and made it in. That was the reason Marbury yelled.

Kiyaman

Legend
Now why Crawford? He actually knows how to pass and get guys open something that Marbury has a hard time doing. Did you guys see the way Marbury was arguing and yellin at Nate. Thats messed up. Because Nate took a three and made it in. That was the reason Marbury yelled.

You hit it right on the head why "Nate & Collins" is not allowed to have consecutive good games on a consistent basis on this Knick-Team with Marbury & Crawford in the lineup and rotation.
:jump:

Marbury & Crawford are good veterans on a team inwhich has a dominate leader like Kobe, Lebron, Pierce, or Duncan, whom would have the coach sit Marbury or Crawford on the bench for down playing any teammate.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Its only one game...you mofos are already crucifying Marbury. This man, Lee, and Balkman were the primary reason we got close to winning 30 games last season.

Trade Crawford.

i dont know how u could say trade crawford after that game, he had a beautiful game offensively and defensively, he was clutch both ways

pat

Starter

Trade Crawford.

Could it be that you are a bit of a Marburysexual? You keep defending him although it is crystal clear what Marbury does to this team. Let's face it: The Knicks are not going to win anything with him on the squad. You are bashing Curry all the time (something I can agree on in the most cases) but you completely block out the option that there actually is something wrong with Marbury.

umynot

Benchwarmer
We Played Well!!

Not even Ewing could of helped us last night!! Lebron took his 10 point outing as a slap in his own face!! He took his aggression out on us!! In HIS house!!
We played very well in a whole if you ask me!!
Marbury to me looked a little over aggressive but all in all he looked in shape and he looked very hungry!! It might not be his team but if he plays well this year we go far!! He needs to find his role and hit his easy layups!! Wow how easily he was getting to the hoop!!! Just missing though!!
Crawford to me looks like another John Starks!! A hustle Player with Play Ground like offensive game!! He just keeps hitting shots no matter how bad some of them look!! He gets hot watch out!!
Curry still gets absolutely no love from the refs!!! Too many times in the forth he was butchered and not one call!! He cant hit free throws anyway but at least give him a Shaq like chance!! Call the fouls!!
Poor Balkman...... What was that did someone tell Lebron that Balkman said he could cover him!! Lebron went after him so hard!! He got what 4 fouls in a minute? First game of his season cant wait till the next time we see Cleveland think he will have a much better game!! Balkman will be our biggest shock player this year!! Give Isiah mad props on his Drafts!!
We will win the next game!!!

umynot

Benchwarmer
I almost forgot!!!
Zach Randolph!!!
WOW WOW WOW!!!!
I knew he can get #s but I dont watch Portland so I had very little to go by!!
He can play huh?? Larry Johnson like if you ask me!!!
I think what I liked most is he can play D!! He hustles!! He can board better then Curry!! Knows where the ball is going !! Very hi basketball IQ!!!
And he can put it in the hoop!! Another great Isiah move!!
We get rid of Steve Francis's contract and Frye who reminded me too much of Charles I cant hit a layup Smith!!
Larry Mr sabotage Brown must be thinking how did he do that!! He thought Steve would be impossible to move!!
All in all we got got a better team cause of the move and I'm excited to see his second game as a KNICK!!

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
zach randolph played great last night but why he passes like a lil b*tch, he always floats his passes

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Wow you couldn't be more wrong about your predictions besides Z-Bo. Curry is making you eat your words...straight up. He had your predicted stats in the first half...what pesimistic words are you going to put on him now? He has that block that you salivated for the whole offseason. Get off the kid now...

Other than that I'm lovin the young energy...Lee is doing a lot better in the post but the consecutive TOs have to stop...that's how runs get started. The defense is lovely by the way...

First of all.........yes, my predictions were off. Who gives a fuck, i was just havin some fun son. I ate my words...straight up and I can admit to that. Currys defense still wasnt that good, he had 1 block but I think Camby had 5 and Garnett had 3. Dwight Howard had 7 blocks on Orlandos opening night. Crawford blocked a shot so thats not really a big deal that Curry blocked a shot. He blocked some last year to, but not enough. He doesnt even have to block shots to play defense, he needs to prevent his man from going around him and intimidate guards comin in for layups. I was impresed with him offensively, he did a great job of not turning the ball over and staying out of foul trouble. He still needs to work on his defense. What are you anyways, some kind of Currysexual? Why dont you go have a large Mcflurry with Curry.

Zach Randolph, I knew he was a good player but I'm really impressed with him. He has alot of different post up moves and a nice mid range J to go along with it. His defense is better than I thought it was also. He did have 4 turnovers but it was his first real game as a knick.

Nate Robinson brought a lot of energy off the bench. He had 19 points and 6 rebounds in his 27 minutes of play, and only one turnover. Crawford also had a good game. I felt his defense was inconsistent, he looked good at times and other times he needed to put more effort into it. Good game overall for him. He shot well and he did a good job passing the ball.

Oh, by the way, the defense is lovely? Get off that crack, giving up 110 points is not lovely. The knicks let cleveland beat them the same way they beat Detroit: Lebron and Boobie. It was sad watching boobie hit all those open 3's, it shouldnt had happened. Somehow, according to 1 and lonely, the Knicks played good or lovely defense.

GetRealistic

Starter
Could it be that you are a bit of a Marburysexual? You keep defending him although it is crystal clear what Marbury does to this team. Let's face it: The Knicks are not going to win anything with him on the squad. You are bashing Curry all the time (something I can agree on in the most cases) but you completely block out the option that there actually is something wrong with Marbury.

Couldn't agree more. Metro is without a doubt a Marburysexual. I would love to hear your response why you blame everybody for the Kncks downfalls but Marubry.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yup couldn't agree more. If Nate or Mardy got the minutes Marbury is gettin they would be a bigger force out there then Marbury.

But I wont complain the Knicks played well overall, I just think the outside D in the 4th killed the Knicks.

Me three. I've been saying the same thing since I joined this board. Every team that has dumped Marbury has gotten better but he makes the Knicks a better team??? Please. Sounds like Jamal had a great game. Maybe if the Knicks dump Marbury the team will improve and the games will be on national networks again so the rest of the Knicks fans in the country can enjoy Knick hoops again

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i have no problem with lebron torching us. i mean i do but balkman isnt 100% and i think q gave a pretty good effort. as long as hes taking it to the hoop theres no real way to stop him because hes gonna keep getting his calls and his FT attempts as well as outside shooting are what killed us. we have to learn that we cant double team a guard on someone like lebron or a big man because theyre gonna just kick it out for a wide open 3. we have to stay with our men on defense (particularly perimeter) and just force them to take contested shots (probably jumpers). to all the haters who were arguing that randolph and curry cant coexist on offense - other than curry forcing some bad shots on double teams and not passing well out of double teams (both of which are not new and the same problems he had last year), randolph's nice outside touch and willingness to let curry bang down low look like an incredibly lethal pf/c combination. when curry is out of the game, i think i would like to see randolph moved to c because he is more athletic and can draw the other team's c out of the paint, freeing up the inside for penetration, back door passes and putbacks by Lee or our smaller guys. the problem obviously still remains on the defensive end but i dont think randolph played a horrible defensive game. hes average, and if curry can improve his d to average i think well be OK down low as long as our perimter guys stay with their men.