Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Stop playing isiah and get Artest.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Stop playing isiah and get Artest.

    Here to me may be our best offer yet:
    This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
    Sacramento Kings

    Incoming Players
    Randolph Morris
    Salary: $810,000 Years Remaining: 1

    Mardy Collins
    Salary: $967,320 Years Remaining: 2

    Renaldo Balkman
    Salary: $1,280,640 Years Remaining: 2

    Fred Jones
    Salary: $3,300,000 Years Remaining: 1


    Outgoing Players: Ron ArtestNew York Knicks

    Keep tonights game in mind:
    Its clear that everyone needs to nock this playoff certainty down a notch. I think it should go from probable to possible, which is better than improbable but still not good enough where I am anywhere near certain that we can make it. Now I know you isiah haters would love nothing more than for isiah to fail and be out of the league but I like the knicks, I dont wanna hope they ever lose and to me getting artest right now would propell this teams prospect up to probable instantly, I know he has issues, I know that offensively he is a little wild but this guy can change a teams gameplan if that team intended on scoring from the perimeter. Thats what we missed today. A guy who can be in Lebrons face the whole game, making everytime he faced the knicks one of his hardest challenges. I love Balkman, I love Q but against the best Rnaldo's not ready and Q's already over the hill with all the injuries. This proposed trade would upgrade our team and sure we give up some players but overall we're still keeping the BEST players right now.

    Balkman- he has to go. Its just logical. By getting Artest we'd be upgrading the position, nobody argue here, there isnt much doubt. Artest is better than Q and Balkman. Matter of fact he'd be the second best player on our team considering his play on both ends of the floor. Balkman has the highest trade value of all our players besides Lee right now, and he's one of the only reasons this deal could go down for Sacremento. And it feel bad saying it but Chandler makes for the better hier to the starting position down the road anyway when you take into account his defense and ability to score.He's less experienced but considering you still got Q and Artest in front of him, he has time to learn.
    Randolph Morris- isnt really ready to contribute but he's more ready than spencer Hawes who's in a cast, he's a young player that wouldve been lottery bound, worth working with

    Mardi Collins- hate to lose this dude but I guess I gotta say, Nate has shown me some things and if we want value we gotta give up enough value and sacremento could probably use a defensive minded pure PG to add to the stable of young players theyre stockpiling. Mardi doesnt look like he's gonna play much in NY anyway this year.

    Fred Jones- teams like expirings when thier rebuilding.

    Roster.
    Marbury/Nate
    Crawford/Q
    Artest/Q/Chandler/Jeffries
    Randolph/Lee/Rose
    Curry/Lee/James should stop eating

    I like this because our main guys would be Marbury, Crawford, Artest, Randolph & Curry with Q as the 6th man. I know we all want Q at SG in this scenario but lets face it, he's not in starting conditioning anymore. The muscles are all chissels but the bones are weary. I'd use him at SF when Artest gets tired and at SG if we wanna play some physical defense for stretches. We still get to keep Lee and we still keep Nate, we get to the playoffs, make some noise and build from there.

  2. #2
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    This was Balkmans first live game action of he season, not to mention last time i checked Lebrons a pretty tough cover. All i hear about is Artest, why would we trade for him, when at the end of the season we can have hime without mortaging our future. Not to mention what would Artest bring to this team? Other then another player with losing background and off the court poblems.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    because this future of yours will probably not come without him. The reason we would get Artest isnt soley based on him comming to NY, its also based on him wanting to play for isiah. If the knicks dont make the playoffs isiah will be fired. I'm sure thatll make alot of people happy but it means that we'd be losing by doing it. I want thisto be our season and I think if we wait for his free agent season it could be too late or even if its not we dont have cap space, this is his last chance to get paid, we wont be able to afford it.

    Besides, for the talent we're giving up you act like we're not talking about a bunch of guys who are hustle players. Thats good for a rebuilding franchise, but theres no star power there.

  4. #4
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Too many guys who need the ball...Trade Crawford, Artest is a better scorer than Jamal, so he can replace his scoring.

    Move Q to SG.

  5. #5
    Superstar WVKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    655
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I don't know guys I think getting Artest on this team would be a huge mistake.Yes he is a good player BUT his aditude sucks.The guy has done nothing but cause trouble were ever he goes.Its way to early to throw Balkman under the bus and trade him b/c the guy is just in his 2nd year of the nba.That has been a major problem for the Knicks trading young player off before they even know if they could help this team any.

    I know one thing is for sur I don't want Artest on our team.Just my opinion

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by nazrmohamed
    Here to me may be our best offer yet:
    This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
    Sacramento Kings

    Incoming Players
    Randolph Morris
    Salary: $810,000 Years Remaining: 1

    Mardy Collins
    Salary: $967,320 Years Remaining: 2

    Renaldo Balkman
    Salary: $1,280,640 Years Remaining: 2

    Fred Jones
    Salary: $3,300,000 Years Remaining: 1


    Outgoing Players: Ron ArtestNew York Knicks

    Keep tonights game in mind:
    Its clear that everyone needs to nock this playoff certainty down a notch. I think it should go from probable to possible, which is better than improbable but still not good enough where I am anywhere near certain that we can make it. Now I know you isiah haters would love nothing more than for isiah to fail and be out of the league but I like the knicks, I dont wanna hope they ever lose and to me getting artest right now would propell this teams prospect up to probable instantly, I know he has issues, I know that offensively he is a little wild but this guy can change a teams gameplan if that team intended on scoring from the perimeter. Thats what we missed today. A guy who can be in Lebrons face the whole game, making everytime he faced the knicks one of his hardest challenges. I love Balkman, I love Q but against the best Rnaldo's not ready and Q's already over the hill with all the injuries. This proposed trade would upgrade our team and sure we give up some players but overall we're still keeping the BEST players right now.

    Balkman- he has to go. Its just logical. By getting Artest we'd be upgrading the position, nobody argue here, there isnt much doubt. Artest is better than Q and Balkman. Matter of fact he'd be the second best player on our team considering his play on both ends of the floor. Balkman has the highest trade value of all our players besides Lee right now, and he's one of the only reasons this deal could go down for Sacremento. And it feel bad saying it but Chandler makes for the better hier to the starting position down the road anyway when you take into account his defense and ability to score.He's less experienced but considering you still got Q and Artest in front of him, he has time to learn.
    Randolph Morris- isnt really ready to contribute but he's more ready than spencer Hawes who's in a cast, he's a young player that wouldve been lottery bound, worth working with

    Mardi Collins- hate to lose this dude but I guess I gotta say, Nate has shown me some things and if we want value we gotta give up enough value and sacremento could probably use a defensive minded pure PG to add to the stable of young players theyre stockpiling. Mardi doesnt look like he's gonna play much in NY anyway this year.

    Fred Jones- teams like expirings when thier rebuilding.

    Roster.
    Marbury/Nate
    Crawford/Q
    Artest/Q/Chandler/Jeffries
    Randolph/Lee/Rose
    Curry/Lee/James should stop eating

    I like this because our main guys would be Marbury, Crawford, Artest, Randolph & Curry with Q as the 6th man. I know we all want Q at SG in this scenario but lets face it, he's not in starting conditioning anymore. The muscles are all chissels but the bones are weary. I'd use him at SF when Artest gets tired and at SG if we wanna play some physical defense for stretches. We still get to keep Lee and we still keep Nate, we get to the playoffs, make some noise and build from there.
    I actually woke up this morning to post almost the same Thread! Look Q is a great defender and did the best job he could, but big players at the 3 spot will give him trouble ie. Lebron, Dirk, Rashard Lewis, etc. Ron is just as strong as Q but has more height. The only area where I disagree with you is in the starting 5 Q should play the 2 Ron at the 3 and Jamal is the sixth man. Crawford had a good game toninght and his play kept us in it, but a lot of his shots were forced shots that go unnoticed because he drained them. I think having him come off the bench makes his eratic play a little more bearable.

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    This was Balkmans first live game action of he season, not to mention last time i checked Lebrons a pretty tough cover. All i hear about is Artest, why would we trade for him, when at the end of the season we can have hime without mortaging our future. Not to mention what would Artest bring to this team? Other then another player with losing background and off the court poblems.
    Ofcourse Lebron is a tough cover so this in no way should be a knock on Q, Balk, or any of the other players that matched up against him, but bottom line we need a lock down defender who can gaurd on the perimeter and the post, I can live with Lebron beating us from behind the arch, but his offensive rebounds and putbacks (and Eddy's missed free throws didn't help either) was the deciding factor. I don't want to trade Balkman because he didn't play well tonight, all Knick fans love this guys energy. But issue one is playing time, he saw only about 10 minutes with Jefferies out of the lineup. David Lee has the back up four spot on lock, for the sake of not wanting to watch him get garbage minutes I would like to see him traded. Plus we all like Wilson Chandler too how does he play with all the depth at the 3 spot. Ultimately we have 4 SFs who if you balled into one player would probablly be Ron Artest!...ok a player a little better than Ron but you get my point

    Also last time I checked last season was the first season since his days with the Bulls that Ron didn't make the playoffs, and he made to conference finals with Indy so he's not really a guy with a "losing background". Everyone is going to think I'm on crack but I really see him improving his attitude if he became a Knick because this were he wants to be.

    Originally Posted by David Lee is #1
    I don't know guys I think getting Artest on this team would be a huge mistake.Yes he is a good player BUT his aditude sucks.The guy has done nothing but cause trouble were ever he goes.Its way to early to throw Balkman under the bus and trade him b/c the guy is just in his 2nd year of the nba.That has been a major problem for the Knicks trading young player off before they even know if they could help this team any.

    I know one thing is for sur I don't want Artest on our team.Just my opinion
    Anthony Mason didn't exactly have the best attitude and cleanest record in the world, Oak and Spree were no angles either, but we didn't care because they made us win. Wins make everything go away.

    Real Talk, as you were watching Zach play last night how many times did you think of how bad a person he had been off the court in years past? That type of thing doesn't show up in the boxscore!

  7. #7
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by David Lee is #1
    I don't know guys I think getting Artest on this team would be a huge mistake.Yes he is a good player BUT his aditude sucks.The guy has done nothing but cause trouble were ever he goes.Its way to early to throw Balkman under the bus and trade him b/c the guy is just in his 2nd year of the nba.That has been a major problem for the Knicks trading young player off before they even know if they could help this team any.

    I know one thing is for sur I don't want Artest on our team.Just my opinion
    What the hell is aditude?

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Starting lineup:

    PG - Mardy Collins (yeah, that's right. Collins instead of Marbury)
    SG - Q. Rich
    SF - Artest
    PF - Randolph
    C - Curry

    Great perimeter defense. Good distributing PG. That's what this team needs. Honestly, it would be even better if we could some how get rid of Marbury and receive Bibby as well.
    Bibby is awful defensively and isn't a distributor.

    Its only one game...you mofos are already crucifying Marbury.

  8. #8
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,686
    Rep Power
    12

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Too many guys who need the ball...Trade Crawford, Artest is a better scorer than Jamal, so he can replace his scoring.

    Move Q to SG.
    Amen!

    I agree that Q is better suited for SG but I don't know about getting Artest. We need to be drama free to unite as a team. I like Balkman as a starting SF.

    The Knicks need a traditional PG. Marbury is a scorer by nature. He needs to play off the ball. So on one had I think we need to keep Q as starting SF, move Marbury to the two and ether start Robinson or find a new PG. I know you don't agree on this one metro but you've got to admit the Knicks are a much better team when Starbury is free to score. He'll still get 6 or 7 assists but he'll put up 20. If Randolph/Curry can play a lil half ass D then we'll be straight and very hard to stop

    Robinson
    Marbury
    Richardson
    Randolph
    Curry

    No trades needed. This line up needs to happen.
    Critics that oppose this think for a minute what this team would look like with a dominate scoring shooting guard. We may still have Curry/Randolph but 100% of the offense would not go through the front court. This line up could work.

  9. #9
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    They're going to ask for David Lee, Renaldo Balkman, and one of my favorite players, Mardy or Nate Robinson. I love Artest, but that's giving up way too much.

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Q and Nate for Artest.

    Would you do it?

    I would.

    Marbury, Crawford, Artest, Randolph, Curry

    Mardy, Balkman, D-Lee off the bench

    I like Q and Nate, but if that's the proposed deal, i'd take it.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by kaos1
    Q and Nate for Artest.

    Would you do it?

    I would.

    Marbury, Crawford, Artest, Randolph, Curry

    Mardy, Balkman, D-Lee off the bench

    I like Q and Nate, but if that's the proposed deal, i'd take it.

    This will work!! Then we can give much needed time to Marty Collins!!

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Unless...

    Zeke can steal Ron, he won't get him. And I mean steal like, Nate, Collins, malik or something of that nature.

    He is in a huge year. He won't trade a fan favorite (Lee, Balkman) for a guy who can walk next year, though he like won't, and then have to start over chemistry wise. He'd have even more onus to win with Artest than he does now.

    Only trade that will save him no matter what, is if Kobe is Knick somehow. That buys him two more years easy. Anything else, is win now or else.

    I think He will likely keep the team the same. Besides, Q is just in a rut. His offense will come.

  13. #13
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by kaos1
    Q and Nate for Artest.

    Would you do it?

    I would.

    Marbury, Crawford, Artest, Randolph, Curry

    Mardy, Balkman, D-Lee off the bench

    I like Q and Nate, but if that's the proposed deal, i'd take it.
    That's not the point. That's not how things work. Just because it's favorable to the Knicks, doesn't mean the other team will let it happen.

    Quentin's offensive abilities has been subpar. His defense is decent, at best. It's not like he's a great defender by any means. And with Nate Robinson, you're getting a question mark. He has to prove that he can be a real PG in this league.

    Ron Artest is not only 10 times better than them defensively, he's also pretty good offensively. His attitude and character may be an issue, but if I were the Kings, I'm not trading him unless I can get some certain talent around.

    It's already been said, anyways. They want David Lee and/or Renaldo Balkman. Ask yourself, who makes a bigger positive difference for their team, the combination of Balkman and Lee, or Artest?

    It's not like just because Artest has character issues they are willing to go with any deal out there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •