Questions on Knicks vs Cavs

Kiyaman

Legend
I know this was the Knicks first game of the regular season and alot of members tuned in while watching the game giving some great input each quarter. But after sleeping on what you seen in the Knicks vs Cavs with Lebron James scoring 45 points, and taking charge in the 4th qtr. for the conclusion of a Cavs WIN.

What are all the things you notice in that game the Knicks need to improve in for the WIN?

When PG-Gibson hit his consecutive 3-point shot and the Cavs took a 8 or 9 point lead (and Isiah did not call a time out), did you give the WIN to the Cavs at that moment? or when the Cavs came back down and score again?

Did the Knicks show at anytime during the game that they were the better team in scoring, rebounding, defending, and co-existing together vs the Cavs?

Was Curry & Zach more dominating than Lebron James?
Was Marbury more dominating than Gibson?
Was Crawford & Jones more dominating than Hughes?

I know this was the first game of the Knicks regular season however, did the Knicks show any kind of playbook strategy-plan that says you got this one but the next time things will be alot different.
The Raptors tore a new hole in the Nets last night, and the 76ers put it on the Bulls in every qtr. last night, plus the Atlanta Hawks came down out the air so fast and scooped themselves up an upsetting WIN over the Mavs last night.

We all know that the Nets, Bulls, and Mavs have the capability and strategy plan to pay back these teams the next time they play them, but do the Knicks have the same capability to do the same???
nailbite.gif
sad.gif
nailbite.gif

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i dont know what u was watching to even ask dat, the TOs were low, both randolph and curry were a force when they were both on da court, it all came down to guarding the 3 point shot and FT shooting

Datruth speaks the truth. What game were you watching Kiyaman? The Cavs came out with a much better effort against us last night then they did their first game. If we could've held Lebron to under 30 or hit a few more free throws this game would've been in the Knicks W collum instead of the L colum. Curry and Zack played fine together. Nate the Great was just that and he was one of the main reasons it didn't turn into a blowout last night. We will be just fine as long as we BLOWOUT the wolves at home like we should!!!

nixon7

Benchwarmer
The Knicks lost the game in the second quarter

I know to a lot of people the reason the Knicks lost the Cavs game was poor free throw shooting and poor three-point defense in the fourth quarter.

However, to me the key was Balkman getting three quick fouls.

This forced the Knicks to double on LeBron in the fourth quarter because QRich was understandably worn down by the fourth, leaving Daniel Gibson wide open at the wrong time.

That said, why did Isiah not bring Balkman back in in the fourth? Sitting on the bench is better than fouling out? OK, so maybe putting him on LeBron did not work, but you could have put him or Mardy Collins on Gibson after the second of four straight three-pointers.

And what about Mardy Collins? He is a better lock-down defender in the fourth than any other Knick guard. And where was Eddy Curry in the fourth? It seemed to me that he was playing better defense inside last night than I ever saw last year, and the Knicks were struggling at the offensive end early in the fourth quarter, especially inside.

umynot

Benchwarmer
We Played Good!!

We played better then Cleveland if not for the King!!! Boobie could of hit five more threes if Lebron didn't have that chip on his shoulder!! Wow he is dominant !! Marbury might not of played too good I think he was too anxious but wow how easily he was getting to the hoop!! Missing though!!
But Zack and Curry for a first game together looked really scary if you ask me!! Reminds me of Larry Johnson & Mourning when they played for Charlotte!! We killed the post last night!! And once Mr Sterns goon refs start giving some Shaq like respect to Curry ( no calls last night) even as a 60% FT shooter he would have 5 to 6 more points a game!! He was getting butchered last night!!
Cant say enough about little Nate!!! He does it like he loves doing it!! That smile says it all!! Strong dude too!! Mad props for the energy and love of he game not to mention your 19 last night!!
Marty got no run??? What is up with that??
Isiah I happen to be one of the few who Loves what you have done for us!!
And I agree there is a difference if A black man calls a women........... Sorry thtats a different discussion!! .... Why not let Marty run the point a little more!! It's obvious he can run the offense and Defend!! Crawford wants to shoot , Stephon likes to shoot !! Collins plays ball!! Good eye on talent yet again Isiah!! Marbury's 20 mil makes it hard but It's still a smart move!!
Marbury will be fine but Collins needs at minimum 20 minutes a game!!
Balkman You OK???? Lebron came after you!! Someone must of told him you can hold him!! I know next time you gonna shut him down!! I seen what you can do!!
All in all we must give our team love cause we came to play! Sad we lost but again we played ball!!
Other losses last night!!
Dallas losses to Atlanta!!
Suns losses to Lakers!!
Nets demolished by Raptors!!
We will be fine!!!

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
statistically we were either as good or better than the cavs in the major categoies (FG%, 3FG%, rebounding, off reboundsing, assists, steals, turnovers, blocks were close i think). the biggest disparity was in FTs - both attempts and made, as well as the double teaming leading to wide open shots. as i said in the other thread when it comes to getting calls superstars like bron and kobe are always gonna get them and we arent (See curry). i think if our team d improves and we work on working the ball inside and out better well be fine. crawford had a very good game as did nate. marbury and curry i think were the weak points. curry should be able to dominate Z and he got mixed up in some double teams and either forced bad shots or had sloppy passes.

jzero29

Rotation player
i dont know what u was watching to even ask dat, the TOs were low, both randolph and curry were a force when they were both on da court, it all came down to guarding the 3 point shot and FT shooting

Datruth speaks the truth. What game were you watching Kiyaman? The Cavs came out with a much better effort against us last night then they did their first game. If we could've held Lebron to under 30 or hit a few more free throws this game would've been in the Knicks W collum instead of the L colum. Curry and Zack played fine together. Nate the Great was just that and he was one of the main reasons it didn't turn into a blowout last night. We will be just fine as long as we BLOWOUT the wolves at home like we should!!!
You guys saying the knicks played well, you guys say curry and zack played well together. I didn't really see them together much down the stretch. Then after the cavs started exploiting the poor perimeter defense, the knicks had a chance to answer back on offense, and besides a 3 pointer from marbury, the Knicks looked terrible under the pressure of the 4th quater, with the game on the line. Sure they looked good after they let the lead turn into an 8 pt Cavs lead. But They looked terrible when the cavs started hitting 3's, they lost composure on offense and defense for that span of time. The knicks couldn't even hit a free throw in the 4th in crunch time. They let this game get away. Having the lead and playing poor perimeter defense, is one thing, but then on the offensive side, they looked all out of wack. They followed up those crucial 3pts by gibbson, with an awkward offense attack. Maybe this is a result of not playing together enough yet, it may come around. But when it counted the knicks looked terrible. Sure after they were down by 8, they started playing again, and made it a game, but down by eight, with the cavs pulling away, the cavs got sloppy and didn't show killer instinct, they played poorly and that was the only reason the knicks were able to make it a closer game. But they pretty much had it wrapped after going up by 8. So I was unimpressed, To the knicks credit, I didn't see the whole game, just most of the second half.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
i agree they looked awful in the 4th on both ends for the most part but are you completely ignoring the other 3 quarters when nate and crawford were hitting shots and randolph was wetting jumpers all day and noone could stop him?

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
As awful as you guys THINK they looked, if they would have played good perimeter D and stopped Just one of those three point shots from going down, and Curry would have hit just one friggin free throw, the knicks win the game, as simple as that. ever facet of the game was decent, they still need improvement but it was a decent performance that they should have and could have won if they would have done what i mentioned above.

jzero29

Rotation player
But the 4th quarter is the most important.

4th quarter is what counts the most. YOu can be up by 20pts, and if you blow it in the 4th, it's a terrible game.
4th quarter is crunch time. It's the time when good teams close out. Bad teams fold. Everything that happend before the 4th doesn't matter. If you can't do it when the pressure is on, then you had a bad game.
So which did the Knicks do? When the other team made their run, did the knicks come back on the other end? Next time down court did they step up their D? No they folded, they looked terrible in the 4th. You won't win many games this year, if they play like that in the 4th, when a team makes a run and not have an answer on either end? just run a couple confused plays on offense, and forget to cover the Hot shooter, I mean the guy was so open, it was ridiculous, the ball was at the rim before a knick defender was even in arms reach of him. They Lost to a cavs team, that didn't even play that well. Except when the knicks folded. The knicks looked bad, when the pressure was on. If you can't play underpressure in the NBA, you aren't going to win and you will look bad.
I'd be singing a different tune, if the Knicks put up a fight, if someone had their hand in gibsons face when he hit his second, third and forth 3pter of the quarter. If he hits them with a hand in his face, there wasn't much a defender can do. I'd take that, and say the knicks looked good. If they hit some free throws the cavs handed to them to get back into the game or if they at least had a decent offensive set during the cavs run, between zach randolph fumbling to score or pass out of the double, a couple times, jamaal crawfords solo effort that resulted in an awkward runner that was terribly off. It was just aweful to watch. There was no flow, a lot of nerves.
The cavs turned it around, they stepped up, then almost faltered, and closed it out.

pyotrveliky

Rotation player
are you serious? im not arging with you that the 4th quarter is the most important one and shows what teams are made of, but if we hadnt played well in the first 3 quarters we woulda been down 20 the whole game. obviously we blew it, and it was mainly a few minute stretch, but 25% of the game does not equal 100% extrapolation of a team's strengths and weaknesses. If that was the case NBA games would only be 12 min long. were trying to discuss how players performed throughout the whole game and obviously the team as a whole laid a big egg in the 4th but it would be disingenuous to only look at the 4th as representative of our team's ability and potential to play this season.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Free throws Guarding the 3 damn same old story

Curry had a bad showlder he was struggling with his fould shots if you looked at his face after every shot it looked a lit painfull

Zach i dont knwo how a guy with such a sweat jump shot could miss free throws like that its crazy.

Marbury missing he just should be ashamd of himself and the way he let his man open after he just made back to back 3's is rediculous.

Balkman should have came back in to guard lebron so that we didnt have to double him. we should have let lebron score his points those 3's are what killed us lebron wasnt that great yest. If he made more foul shots it would have been just as back

:gony: